When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Atlas Academy > Shiki Ryougi

Ryougi combo thread

(1/9) > >>

S-Blade:
This is kind of self explanatory, some useful combos you find for any groove of Ryougi Shiki. I'm no combomaestro so I'm not going to be inventing every single combo here and stating each purpose, so everyone submit what you have and I'll add it to the list.

please include:
-the moon style
-approximate damage (i believe v.sion is still the standard dummy we use? unless def mods all changed?)
-positioning requirements
-if it only works on certain characters (if you don't note this we'll assume it works on everyone since this is MB)
-any particular comments on usefulness
-really as long as we don't all have to ask "why would we use this"

Also, hopefully we can discuss and hopefully add a list of useful combo moves, generally ones that are easy to combo into and out of and/or do high damage, so that it can be easier for us to discover new combos.

C-Ryougi

--- Quote from: MK on August 19, 2009, 05:37:26 PM ---Corner:
2a(?) 2b 5c 2c 5bb j.bc 22c (EX Knife Throw, Land)-> j.bc j.bc AT or 236 of any Variant, 236c is not worth wasting meter on IMO.
IAD j.c j.236c 5a 2c (don't do the 2c if its too tricky for you) 5bb j.bc j.bc AT or 236 Variant.  You can try the knife relaunch combo like in the first one but I don't consider combos that waste 200 meter to be practical.

Midscreen: 2a(?) 2b 5c 2c 5bb j.bc j.bc AT or 236 of any Variant, 236c does most damage, you can even do a knife throw of any variant but its pointless since they can tech out of it and the damage is basically the same.

Both of these can of course be started with an IAD j.c.  The 2a is optional but I would try to avoid it unless you need it to confirm your hits, since it makes the BnB do less damage overall.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: MissedFRC on August 28, 2009, 02:38:16 AM ---C-Ryougi combos a friend of mine figured out.

w/knife anywhere [2A] 5BB 2B 5C 2C 22C 2C 5C j.BC dj.BC airthrow - 4839 damage, 1 EX

w/knife corner/near corner [2A] 5BB 2B 5C 2C 22C 2C 5C j.BC j.236C land neutral-j.BC dj.BC airthrow - 5436 damage, 2 EX's

w/o knife corner [2A] 5BB 2B 5C 2C 2369B 5BB 214A j.BC dj.BC airthrow - 4927 damage

--- End quote ---

F-Ryougi

(2a) 5b2b5c 236b 236b 236b 2b5c j.b(1) j.c dj.b(1) j.c airthrow - 4.8k, meterless
must be close enough for the third rekka (launcher) to land. also note that if you land 236a/b 214a/b jumping overhead, you can do the rekka launcher and then continue with the rest of this combo. 236c ender with j.b(2)s instead makes it 5k. you can sacrifice some damage for range by taking off some of the moves in the ground string, i.e. 2b5c will end in a complete combo from farther ranges than 2a5b2b5c. pretty much a BnB. the 2b link/catch is tough but you can also use 2a5b ya scrub

poke 214c slight delay j.c land j.b(2) j.c dj.b(2) dj.c j.236b - 4.2k, 100% meter
misses crouchers but combos off of practically every poke so use this when you AA from the ground if you want (i.e. 5b). useful but not critical

2b2c3c 22a 5c j.b(2) j.c dj.b(2) dj.c j.236b - 4.2k, no meter, need throwing knife
solid combo with lots of range, you use this when you're out of range for the last rekka hit to hit, usually. the tradeoff is that you need your throwing knife. more or less a BnB.

4c 22c 5c j.b(2) j.c dj.b(2) dj.c j.236b - 3.2k, 100% meter, off of 4c overhead, need throwing knife
you can also do 22a instead of 22c if you are in the corner and cancel early in the window, which is quite a bit more useful, but in the end fryougi isn't going to get to use this a lot because of the range of 4c.

H-Ryougi

--- Quote from: MK on August 19, 2009, 05:37:26 PM ---Corner: Alot.
2b 5b 6aaa 2c 3c 5c 5bb(skip if its too hard to link the next part) j.bc j.bc AT or 236 of any variant, even 236c will add alot of damage in this bnb.
2b 6aaa 2c 3c 5c 5bb(skip the if its too hard) j.bc j.22c (Ex Throw Knife, if you did the 5bb connecting the next part will be pretty hard) j.bc(She might catch the knife again) j.bc AT or 236 of any variant.
if you can catch the knife again try to do 22b first then a j.bc relaunch into 22c for yet another relaunch.  Knife relaunches whats good.
6aaa 214a(Do this shit right away, the timing is strict) when you land-> time 2c 5c(This will cross you up, dont get confused just do-> j.bc into:
j.bc AT
j.bc 236a/b/c
j.22c -> land j.bc j.bc into AT or 236 variant.  The double knife might work on this one aswell not too sure.  You can do 2b at the beginning but it will eat damage overall in the BnB.

These can be started with IAD j.c of course.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: kro on August 26, 2009, 03:28:35 AM ---4079 dmg
Close range, works everywhere
2a 5b 5b 2b 5c 2c 6aa jc j.b j.c djc j.b j.c 236b
Easy knifeless bnb with 2a starter

4353 dmg
2a 5b 5b 2b 5c 2c 22a 5c jc (catch knife) j.b j.c djc j.b j.c 236b
Knife combos avoid reverse beat proration and look sexy.  Pretty sure you can catch the knife wherever you start the combo.  Sub 5b for 5c after the 22a to make it easier to catch the knife for a little less dmg.  It helps to jump straight up when catching the knife.

5021 dmg
j.c 5b 5b 2b 5c 2c 22a 5c jc (catch knife) j.b j.c djc j.b j.c 236b
Same as above but starts with j.c aerial instead of 2a.  5k meterless with knife catching!

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Nandeyanen on August 26, 2009, 05:30:03 AM ---More combos:

BnB
2a 2b 5bb 5c 2c 22a 5c j.bc ad j.c dj.bc 236b 4778 dmg

Meterless midscreen/corner
2a 2b 5bb 5c 2c 6aaa 214a j.bc dj.bc 236a 4602 dmg

100 meter combos for corner/midscreen
2a 2b 5bb 5c 2c 22a 5b tk 236c (land) 623b j.abc dj.bc 236b 4530 dmg
2a 2b 5bb 5c 2c 22a 5b tk 236c (catch knife) 5a 22a j.abc dj.bc 236b 4648 dmg
2a 2b 5bb 5c 2c 22a 5c j.c ad j.c j.236c (land) j.bc dj.bc 236b 5275 dmg

etc.
4c 22a 5b j.bc (catch knife) ad j.c dj.bc 236b
2a 2b 5bb 5c 2c 22a 5b tk 236c tk 236c j.abc dj.bc 236b 5077 dmg

Sorry if any of the combos are repost. Damage for combos is on a crouching V. Sion.

Other things

-If you catch a knife while air dashing, it'll stop your forward momentum, and you'll drop down. Could be useful in blockstrings for high/low mixup.

Edit: you can use the ricocheting knife off of 22a/b/c and 63214a/b/c in conjunction with airdashes to create some relatively ambiguous mixup/crossup.

-I noticed that I deal more damage when the dummy is set to crouch. ???

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Syndicate on September 26, 2009, 11:08:51 AM ---After many hours of practicing H-Ryougi, here are my thoughts:

The Sweep Loop
combo starter --> [delay 2A, 2C, delay 3C]x3 > [2A, 2C, 3C,]x3 > 5BB > air combo

I was surprised that this loop isn't too difficult and it can be done from anywhere and from many different setups.  It is worth the effort in learning this.  So far, I can pull at least 3 reps of the loop on Akiha and Sion 80% of the time (still does like 4k damage).  Timing for the delay on all the characters varies greatly.  Tried to do the loop on Nanaya, but it looks impossible so far.  If you mess up during the loop after a 2C, it still knocks them down so you still have many safe options afterward.

The sweep loop may crossup midscreen, which makes it very difficult to continue the loop.  A way to prevent this is to use 623B in the combo, preventing 2C from crossing up.

Setups for the sweep loop I have tried so far:
2A> 2B > 5BB > 5C > 2C > 22A > 2C > 3C > sweep loop
This works best on the corner (if done midscreen, theres a chance of crossing over).  Requires knife.  I would use this as my BNB.

2A > 5B > 6AAA > delay 2C > 3C > sweep loop
Knifeless.  The timing of the sweep loop also changes.

Counterhit in the air > land > 2C > 3C > sweep loop
May crossover during the loop.

5C > 3C > 623B > 2C > 3C> sweep loop
Works best in midscreen.  The 623B puts you at a good distance away, which will later prevent a crossup during the sweep loop.

22A/22C (midrange) > 2C > 3C > sweep loop
Works anywhere.  A delayed knife throw (hit) after a pressure string can result in some nice damage.

4C > 22A > 2C > 3C > sweep loop
Overhead into the loop.  Corner only.

4C > 22A > 2C > 3C > 623B > 2C > 3C > sweep loop
Overhead into the loop.  Midscreen.

General strategy
-Catching the knife while air dashing stops the momentum.  This sets up some good high/low/throw mixups
-Blockstring > 22A > jump > air dash foward (catch knife) lets you reset your pressure.  22A can be delayed and if it hits --> sweep loop
-The only way to combo off the 4C overhead is 22A.
-Ending a combo with j.236B allows some time to pick up your knife if you used it.
-Midscreen blockstring > 63214B will cause the knife to ricochet against the ground and wall back to you, giving you an easy catch.
-combo starter > 22A > 5C > jump (catch) > j.BC > j.BC > j.236C/airthrow is the easy BNB without losing your knife.
-Losing your knife removes a lot of what H-Ryougi can do in pressure/mixups.
-combo starter > 3C > 623B > BNB or sweep loop for a knifeless combo.

--- End quote ---

MK dagawd:
C-Ryougi
Corner:
2a(?) 2b 5c 2c 5bb j.bc 22c (EX Knife Throw, Land)-> j.bc j.bc AT or 236 of any Variant, 236c is not worth wasting meter on IMO.
IAD j.c j.236c 5a 2c (don't do the 2c if its too tricky for you) 5bb j.bc j.bc AT or 236 Variant.  You can try the knife relaunch combo like in the first one but I don't consider combos that waste 200 meter to be practical.

Midscreen: 2a(?) 2b 5c 2c 5bb j.bc j.bc AT or 236 of any Variant, 236c does most damage, you can even do a knife throw of any variant but its pointless since they can tech out of it and the damage is basically the same.

Both of these can of course be started with an IAD j.c.  The 2a is optional but I would try to avoid it unless you need it to confirm your hits, since it makes the BnBs do less damage overall.

H-Ryougi
Corner: Alot.
2b 5b 6aaa 2c 3c 5c 5bb(skip this if its too hard to link the next part) j.bc j.bc AT or 236 of any variant, even 236c will add alot of damage in this bnb.
2b 6aaa 2c 3c 5c 5bb(skip this if its too hard) j.bc j.22c (Ex Throw Knife, if you did the 5bb connecting the next part will be pretty hard) j.bc(She might catch the knife again, this might fuck up your bnb.) j.bc AT or 236 of any variant.
if you can catch the knife again try to do 22b first then a j.bc relaunch into 22c for yet another relaunch.
6aaa 214a(Do this shit right away, the timing is strict) when you land-> time 2c 5c(This will cross you up, dont get confused just do-> j.bc into:
j.bc AT
j.bc 236a/b/c
j.22c -> land j.bc j.bc into AT or 236 variant.  The double knife might work on this one aswell not too sure.  You can do 2b at the beginning but it will eat damage overall in the BnB.  In any case an IAD and j.c straight into 6aaa will do the most damage.  (like with all of h-characters that I've seen.).

These can be started with IAD j.c of course. (Get rid of the 2b if you do).  Anyway I only played her for about 30 mins so these are more than likely not what shes fully capable of, experiment yourself.

Press:
Hmmm, instead of a combo thread, why don't we just start a guide of sorts for each phase. I'm pretty familiar with Ryougi's Crescent moveset so I could start one for crescent.

S-Blade:
the thing is, each moon phase is similar. all styles of ryougi are pressure oriented, all would be heavy on rekka pressure.

i would say the meat of a guide (strategy, tactics, setups, etc) are pretty independent of combos. you can have one person write a guide and a completely different person (who might not even play the character) list off useful combos and it'd be as if the one person wrote it all. if that makes any sense. also, only an experienced player can write on tactics but anyone with good execution can find good combos so we can get a lot more people working on the content of this nice introductory post.

and no offense or anything, but this isn't gamefaqs. guides should be guides, not these are all her moves and what they look like and a few useful combos now go. i'm not calling you a scrub or anything but if i was a moderator i wouldn't want to see any character guides for at LEAST 2-3 weeks (like after BBG12) unless the character is very similar to the MBAC version (which there is quite a lot of), or the person writing it was spending time on a cab for the past few months. </offtopic>

also, learning combos kind of starts people off with learning a character. and that's what we're all doing at this point on day 1 of MBAA

Press:
Hmm I guess that's true, btw there are like a bunch of combos for crescent in the crescent thread if you wanna stick them into you're main post there.

EDIT: Actually I'll just stick it in here since I had already compiled the combos in one of my earlier posts

All these are tested on VSion with criticals turned off
Damage/Damage with brackets
whatever -> 5BB 2B 5C 2C 6C -Corner with knife in stock-> 22B 5B 5C [j.BC j.236C land] j.BC j.BC 4341/4925
                                         l
                                         -Corner no knife in stock-> [j.BC j.236C] j.BC j.BC 4200/4641
                                         l
                                         -Mid Screen-> j.BC airdash j.C j.BC 4200/4641

Optional super if you have meter to burn or need the extra damage where the brackets are.
The j.BC j.236C can be replaced with just j.C j.236C if you're having difficulties connecting the combo
If you're ever too far to hit with the second hit of 5BB or with 5C, just leave it out go straight into 2C since it'll hit anything 5B hits and combo from there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version