hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Ryougi combo thread  (Read 36620 times)

Offline S-Blade

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • melty blade player
    • View Profile
Ryougi combo thread
« on: August 19, 2009, 05:28:54 PM »
This is kind of self explanatory, some useful combos you find for any groove of Ryougi Shiki. I'm no combomaestro so I'm not going to be inventing every single combo here and stating each purpose, so everyone submit what you have and I'll add it to the list.

please include:
-the moon style
-approximate damage (i believe v.sion is still the standard dummy we use? unless def mods all changed?)
-positioning requirements
-if it only works on certain characters (if you don't note this we'll assume it works on everyone since this is MB)
-any particular comments on usefulness
-really as long as we don't all have to ask "why would we use this"

Also, hopefully we can discuss and hopefully add a list of useful combo moves, generally ones that are easy to combo into and out of and/or do high damage, so that it can be easier for us to discover new combos.

C-Ryougi

Corner:
2a(?) 2b 5c 2c 5bb j.bc 22c (EX Knife Throw, Land)-> j.bc j.bc AT or 236 of any Variant, 236c is not worth wasting meter on IMO.
IAD j.c j.236c 5a 2c (don't do the 2c if its too tricky for you) 5bb j.bc j.bc AT or 236 Variant.  You can try the knife relaunch combo like in the first one but I don't consider combos that waste 200 meter to be practical.

Midscreen: 2a(?) 2b 5c 2c 5bb j.bc j.bc AT or 236 of any Variant, 236c does most damage, you can even do a knife throw of any variant but its pointless since they can tech out of it and the damage is basically the same.

Both of these can of course be started with an IAD j.c.  The 2a is optional but I would try to avoid it unless you need it to confirm your hits, since it makes the BnB do less damage overall.
C-Ryougi combos a friend of mine figured out.

w/knife anywhere [2A] 5BB 2B 5C 2C 22C 2C 5C j.BC dj.BC airthrow - 4839 damage, 1 EX

w/knife corner/near corner [2A] 5BB 2B 5C 2C 22C 2C 5C j.BC j.236C land neutral-j.BC dj.BC airthrow - 5436 damage, 2 EX's

w/o knife corner [2A] 5BB 2B 5C 2C 2369B 5BB 214A j.BC dj.BC airthrow - 4927 damage

F-Ryougi

(2a) 5b2b5c 236b 236b 236b 2b5c j.b(1) j.c dj.b(1) j.c airthrow - 4.8k, meterless
must be close enough for the third rekka (launcher) to land. also note that if you land 236a/b 214a/b jumping overhead, you can do the rekka launcher and then continue with the rest of this combo. 236c ender with j.b(2)s instead makes it 5k. you can sacrifice some damage for range by taking off some of the moves in the ground string, i.e. 2b5c will end in a complete combo from farther ranges than 2a5b2b5c. pretty much a BnB. the 2b link/catch is tough but you can also use 2a5b ya scrub

poke 214c slight delay j.c land j.b(2) j.c dj.b(2) dj.c j.236b - 4.2k, 100% meter
misses crouchers but combos off of practically every poke so use this when you AA from the ground if you want (i.e. 5b). useful but not critical

2b2c3c 22a 5c j.b(2) j.c dj.b(2) dj.c j.236b - 4.2k, no meter, need throwing knife
solid combo with lots of range, you use this when you're out of range for the last rekka hit to hit, usually. the tradeoff is that you need your throwing knife. more or less a BnB.

4c 22c 5c j.b(2) j.c dj.b(2) dj.c j.236b - 3.2k, 100% meter, off of 4c overhead, need throwing knife
you can also do 22a instead of 22c if you are in the corner and cancel early in the window, which is quite a bit more useful, but in the end fryougi isn't going to get to use this a lot because of the range of 4c.

H-Ryougi
Corner: Alot.
2b 5b 6aaa 2c 3c 5c 5bb(skip if its too hard to link the next part) j.bc j.bc AT or 236 of any variant, even 236c will add alot of damage in this bnb.
2b 6aaa 2c 3c 5c 5bb(skip the if its too hard) j.bc j.22c (Ex Throw Knife, if you did the 5bb connecting the next part will be pretty hard) j.bc(She might catch the knife again) j.bc AT or 236 of any variant.
if you can catch the knife again try to do 22b first then a j.bc relaunch into 22c for yet another relaunch.  Knife relaunches whats good.
6aaa 214a(Do this shit right away, the timing is strict) when you land-> time 2c 5c(This will cross you up, dont get confused just do-> j.bc into:
j.bc AT
j.bc 236a/b/c
j.22c -> land j.bc j.bc into AT or 236 variant.  The double knife might work on this one aswell not too sure.  You can do 2b at the beginning but it will eat damage overall in the BnB.

These can be started with IAD j.c of course.
4079 dmg
Close range, works everywhere
2a 5b 5b 2b 5c 2c 6aa jc j.b j.c djc j.b j.c 236b
Easy knifeless bnb with 2a starter

4353 dmg
2a 5b 5b 2b 5c 2c 22a 5c jc (catch knife) j.b j.c djc j.b j.c 236b
Knife combos avoid reverse beat proration and look sexy.  Pretty sure you can catch the knife wherever you start the combo.  Sub 5b for 5c after the 22a to make it easier to catch the knife for a little less dmg.  It helps to jump straight up when catching the knife.

5021 dmg
j.c 5b 5b 2b 5c 2c 22a 5c jc (catch knife) j.b j.c djc j.b j.c 236b
Same as above but starts with j.c aerial instead of 2a.  5k meterless with knife catching!
More combos:

BnB
2a 2b 5bb 5c 2c 22a 5c j.bc ad j.c dj.bc 236b 4778 dmg

Meterless midscreen/corner
2a 2b 5bb 5c 2c 6aaa 214a j.bc dj.bc 236a 4602 dmg

100 meter combos for corner/midscreen
2a 2b 5bb 5c 2c 22a 5b tk 236c (land) 623b j.abc dj.bc 236b 4530 dmg
2a 2b 5bb 5c 2c 22a 5b tk 236c (catch knife) 5a 22a j.abc dj.bc 236b 4648 dmg
2a 2b 5bb 5c 2c 22a 5c j.c ad j.c j.236c (land) j.bc dj.bc 236b 5275 dmg

etc.
4c 22a 5b j.bc (catch knife) ad j.c dj.bc 236b
2a 2b 5bb 5c 2c 22a 5b tk 236c tk 236c j.abc dj.bc 236b 5077 dmg

Sorry if any of the combos are repost. Damage for combos is on a crouching V. Sion.

Other things

-If you catch a knife while air dashing, it'll stop your forward momentum, and you'll drop down. Could be useful in blockstrings for high/low mixup.

Edit: you can use the ricocheting knife off of 22a/b/c and 63214a/b/c in conjunction with airdashes to create some relatively ambiguous mixup/crossup.

-I noticed that I deal more damage when the dummy is set to crouch. ???

After many hours of practicing H-Ryougi, here are my thoughts:

The Sweep Loop
combo starter --> [delay 2A, 2C, delay 3C]x3 > [2A, 2C, 3C,]x3 > 5BB > air combo

I was surprised that this loop isn't too difficult and it can be done from anywhere and from many different setups.  It is worth the effort in learning this.  So far, I can pull at least 3 reps of the loop on Akiha and Sion 80% of the time (still does like 4k damage).  Timing for the delay on all the characters varies greatly.  Tried to do the loop on Nanaya, but it looks impossible so far.  If you mess up during the loop after a 2C, it still knocks them down so you still have many safe options afterward.

The sweep loop may crossup midscreen, which makes it very difficult to continue the loop.  A way to prevent this is to use 623B in the combo, preventing 2C from crossing up.

Setups for the sweep loop I have tried so far:
2A> 2B > 5BB > 5C > 2C > 22A > 2C > 3C > sweep loop
This works best on the corner (if done midscreen, theres a chance of crossing over).  Requires knife.  I would use this as my BNB.

2A > 5B > 6AAA > delay 2C > 3C > sweep loop
Knifeless.  The timing of the sweep loop also changes.

Counterhit in the air > land > 2C > 3C > sweep loop
May crossover during the loop.

5C > 3C > 623B > 2C > 3C> sweep loop
Works best in midscreen.  The 623B puts you at a good distance away, which will later prevent a crossup during the sweep loop.

22A/22C (midrange) > 2C > 3C > sweep loop
Works anywhere.  A delayed knife throw (hit) after a pressure string can result in some nice damage.

4C > 22A > 2C > 3C > sweep loop
Overhead into the loop.  Corner only.

4C > 22A > 2C > 3C > 623B > 2C > 3C > sweep loop
Overhead into the loop.  Midscreen.

General strategy
-Catching the knife while air dashing stops the momentum.  This sets up some good high/low/throw mixups
-Blockstring > 22A > jump > air dash foward (catch knife) lets you reset your pressure.  22A can be delayed and if it hits --> sweep loop
-The only way to combo off the 4C overhead is 22A.
-Ending a combo with j.236B allows some time to pick up your knife if you used it.
-Midscreen blockstring > 63214B will cause the knife to ricochet against the ground and wall back to you, giving you an easy catch.
-combo starter > 22A > 5C > jump (catch) > j.BC > j.BC > j.236C/airthrow is the easy BNB without losing your knife.
-Losing your knife removes a lot of what H-Ryougi can do in pressure/mixups.
-combo starter > 3C > 623B > BNB or sweep loop for a knifeless combo.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 02:16:25 PM by S-Blade »
"HERE'S A NEW TECHNIQUE - STOP BEING A RETARDED FAGGOT" -SprtJuice on smash scene

<kijea> im like really sad life faggot

Offline MK dagawd

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Ryougi combo thread
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 05:37:26 PM »
C-Ryougi
Corner:
2a(?) 2b 5c 2c 5bb j.bc 22c (EX Knife Throw, Land)-> j.bc j.bc AT or 236 of any Variant, 236c is not worth wasting meter on IMO.
IAD j.c j.236c 5a 2c (don't do the 2c if its too tricky for you) 5bb j.bc j.bc AT or 236 Variant.  You can try the knife relaunch combo like in the first one but I don't consider combos that waste 200 meter to be practical.

Midscreen: 2a(?) 2b 5c 2c 5bb j.bc j.bc AT or 236 of any Variant, 236c does most damage, you can even do a knife throw of any variant but its pointless since they can tech out of it and the damage is basically the same.

Both of these can of course be started with an IAD j.c.  The 2a is optional but I would try to avoid it unless you need it to confirm your hits, since it makes the BnBs do less damage overall.

H-Ryougi
Corner: Alot.
2b 5b 6aaa 2c 3c 5c 5bb(skip this if its too hard to link the next part) j.bc j.bc AT or 236 of any variant, even 236c will add alot of damage in this bnb.
2b 6aaa 2c 3c 5c 5bb(skip this if its too hard) j.bc j.22c (Ex Throw Knife, if you did the 5bb connecting the next part will be pretty hard) j.bc(She might catch the knife again, this might fuck up your bnb.) j.bc AT or 236 of any variant.
if you can catch the knife again try to do 22b first then a j.bc relaunch into 22c for yet another relaunch.
6aaa 214a(Do this shit right away, the timing is strict) when you land-> time 2c 5c(This will cross you up, dont get confused just do-> j.bc into:
j.bc AT
j.bc 236a/b/c
j.22c -> land j.bc j.bc into AT or 236 variant.  The double knife might work on this one aswell not too sure.  You can do 2b at the beginning but it will eat damage overall in the BnB.  In any case an IAD and j.c straight into 6aaa will do the most damage.  (like with all of h-characters that I've seen.).

These can be started with IAD j.c of course. (Get rid of the 2b if you do).  Anyway I only played her for about 30 mins so these are more than likely not what shes fully capable of, experiment yourself.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 06:05:53 PM by MK »

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 05:40:33 PM »
Hmmm, instead of a combo thread, why don't we just start a guide of sorts for each phase. I'm pretty familiar with Ryougi's Crescent moveset so I could start one for crescent.
Happy Birthday to the GROUND

Offline S-Blade

• Spellcaster
  • melty blade player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 06:01:24 PM »
the thing is, each moon phase is similar. all styles of ryougi are pressure oriented, all would be heavy on rekka pressure.

i would say the meat of a guide (strategy, tactics, setups, etc) are pretty independent of combos. you can have one person write a guide and a completely different person (who might not even play the character) list off useful combos and it'd be as if the one person wrote it all. if that makes any sense. also, only an experienced player can write on tactics but anyone with good execution can find good combos so we can get a lot more people working on the content of this nice introductory post.

and no offense or anything, but this isn't gamefaqs. guides should be guides, not these are all her moves and what they look like and a few useful combos now go. i'm not calling you a scrub or anything but if i was a moderator i wouldn't want to see any character guides for at LEAST 2-3 weeks (like after BBG12) unless the character is very similar to the MBAC version (which there is quite a lot of), or the person writing it was spending time on a cab for the past few months. </offtopic>

also, learning combos kind of starts people off with learning a character. and that's what we're all doing at this point on day 1 of MBAA
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 06:03:41 PM by S-Blade »
"HERE'S A NEW TECHNIQUE - STOP BEING A RETARDED FAGGOT" -SprtJuice on smash scene

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 06:16:33 PM »
Hmm I guess that's true, btw there are like a bunch of combos for crescent in the crescent thread if you wanna stick them into you're main post there.

EDIT: Actually I'll just stick it in here since I had already compiled the combos in one of my earlier posts

All these are tested on VSion with criticals turned off
Damage/Damage with brackets
whatever -> 5BB 2B 5C 2C 6C -Corner with knife in stock-> 22B 5B 5C [j.BC j.236C land] j.BC j.BC 4341/4925
                                         l
                                         -Corner no knife in stock-> [j.BC j.236C] j.BC j.BC 4200/4641
                                         l
                                         -Mid Screen-> j.BC airdash j.C j.BC 4200/4641

Optional super if you have meter to burn or need the extra damage where the brackets are.
The j.BC j.236C can be replaced with just j.C j.236C if you're having difficulties connecting the combo
If you're ever too far to hit with the second hit of 5BB or with 5C, just leave it out go straight into 2C since it'll hit anything 5B hits and combo from there.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 06:29:39 PM by Press »

Offline c-nero 5[c]

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • another well-balanced masterpiece from frenchbread
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 06:44:54 PM »
For C-Ryougi, 2B 5C 236B 236B 236B 5B 5C j.BC j.BC airthrow. Does 4.3k meterless, you can get a tiny bit more damage (and make the combo harder) by substituting 2B for 5BB in the beginning. Afaik, her best meterless. Note that the B rekka to 5B link is fairly difficult, I think the timing is around the same tightness as MBAC Arc relaunch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvX5kDKgLbQ
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 07:15:22 PM by Sabator »
<Irysa> arcana heart 3 just red ringed my 360 im not even joking
<Sabator> LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
<Sabator> BBCS RED RINGED MINE
<Sabator> FUCKING ANIME GAMES MAN

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 06:53:47 PM »
Lol, dunno why, but I find it easier to connect the 5B when I start with 236a

Offline Atiba

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 07:46:06 PM »
A guide would be nice..I dont think i know her complete move set...and what combos into what etc. I feel like it's goin to be hard to get info since everyone is now learning her. I didnt play MBAC enuff to really be good at it so god knows i have a lot of work to put in.

Offline S-Blade

• Spellcaster
  • melty blade player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 08:43:17 PM »
I dunno about the others, but rekka launcher to 2b for f-ryougi feels like 2-3 frame window. there's the easier 2a5b alternative but it rapes the damage (for some reason with 2a5b you have to do j.b(1) j.c dj.c airthrow, and you can't get an airthrow any other way). Throwing in a 2a starter with that 2a linker, along with dropping a j.b(1) to fit in the airthrow ends you up at 4k, from 4.8k. Practice up.

Offline CT_Warrior

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 11:46:59 PM »
I found this with H-Ryougi, but I think it might work with C too.

Aircombo in corner:
jBC ad jC j236C rejump jC djBC at

I did this off a nub 2C 5C launcher, but it does a lot of damage and has room for improvement.

Offline Atiba

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 11:05:23 AM »
I was wondering what are they using to measure moves on the input moves in training...it looks ot fast to be sec and i'm dont sure if it's fractions of a sec. i was wondering if it's frames.

I think it would be great for combos because we would be able to state under how many secs or frames a move should be performed in order for the combo to work. etc.

Offline CT_Warrior

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 12:01:11 PM »
Too much work. It should be intuitive for the most part. Otherwise, we just need videos/replays. It's hard to see how it works with frame data.

Offline Atiba

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 12:14:23 PM »
Too much work. It should be intuitive for the most part. Otherwise, we just need videos/replays. It's hard to see how it works with frame data.

ok fair enuff

Offline Jux

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 10:39:41 PM »
So me and H-F Blade are practicing some F Ryougi combos, here is what we have gotten so far:

If you are very close to the opponent you can do this anywhere:
2a-5b-2b-5c-b rekkas- 2a-5b-j.b(1 hit)-j.c-dj.b(1 hit)-dj.c-grab, for around 4.2k.  If you lead off with a j.c instead of 2a it deals 5070 on V. Sion.  You can do 2b-5c for the relaunch and it does a little more damage.  Works on all characters so far, including Len.

If you have a knife you can do
2a-5b-2b-5c-b rekkas-2a-22a (or 22b, does not work in corner)-walk forward 2b-5c-j.b(1 hit)-j.c-dj.b(1 hit)-dj.c-grab, for a couple hundred more than the previous combo, and looks really cool.  With a j.c instead of 2a this deals 5237 on V.Sion.

Ground string-2c-3c-22a-5a-5b-j.b(1 hit)-j.c-dj.b(1 hit)-dj.c-grab Roughly 3.5+
You can do j.b(2 hits)-j.c-dj.c-grab instead the damage is about the same damage.
After the grab you can land right on the dagger depending on where on the screen you did the combo and be safe to pick it up.

We also found that you can combo off the 3c into j.b but the timing is pretty fucking strict,
Ground string 2c-3c-(Jump forward).b(2 hits)-j.c-(double jump straight up).b(2 hits)-j.c-grab  Does about 4k, can't seem to get it on characters with small air hitboxes.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 04:17:27 PM by Jux »
Magz Secret Anti Nero Strategy #2: "Don't get hit."

Offline S-Blade

• Spellcaster
  • melty blade player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2009, 10:46:02 AM »
We also found that you can combo off the 3c into j.b but the timing is pretty fucking strict,

wow shit, nice find, i was trying to do 2b2c3c 22a 2c3c 214c to see if that would get me anything but it didn't, but what you have there could definitely mean something because if you can just jump straight up for j.B then there might be some air-knife rejump combos possible using that.

Offline 4r5

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 89
  • GO HOME AND BE A FAMILY MAN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2009, 08:52:04 PM »
With F-Ryougi, in/near the corner, you can do ...3C>tk.236B, land, j.B...

It feels a tad bit easier to connect the j.B, then from a straight up 3C. You can also land and connect with a 5A or 5B, but for some reason the game won't let me jumpcancel any ground normals after the 3C>tk.236B.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 08:53:40 PM by 4r5 »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2009, 02:13:40 AM »
With F-Ryougi, in/near the corner, you can do ...3C>tk.236B, land, j.B...

It feels a tad bit easier to connect the j.B, then from a straight up 3C. You can also land and connect with a 5A or 5B, but for some reason the game won't let me jumpcancel any ground normals after the 3C>tk.236B.
Jump cancel limit.  You can only do a grounded jump cancel once per combo string.  See this thread for more details
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2009, 04:41:10 AM »
Woohoo, my thread is getting recognition...

Ahem, back to topic. I find it odd that when you add in EXs in Ryougi's combos, they do less damage than their meterless counterparts. The only exception I can see is j236C as an ender.
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline True_Tech

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • blue gunner or bluest gunner !?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2009, 12:45:25 AM »
did anyone see this?
sailor akiha ryougi and archetype earth combo video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UOSTyX2_mk
and another combo from 3c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCFOV6F003A
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 12:47:22 AM by True_Tech »

Offline Eschaton

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2009, 03:07:28 PM »
One thing I noticed about the 214C move is that there is a fair amount of air time after that the slash is complete which allows for air comboing, and this is a trait shared amongst all moon phases and it is also possible with the 421C variant which you find on crescent. Seeing as it is possible to combo the EX version this might open up for a few new combo strings, though I'm still unsure whether there's any good use for this yet.

You have room for one strike and then need to dash/jump in order to not land.

I just thought I'd mention that distancing yourself well is essential and doing it in a corner guarantees success since this means you'll finish the air slash right next to your victim, allowing you to combo to your heart's content. Seeing as I haven't had time for any extensive testing I imagine that 412C could be used for corner combos whereas it could be possible to implement the 214C in a mid-screen combo, not that I can see why you would prefer the first over the latter.

Someone else who's more experienced than me when it comes to comboing might have some useful input here.

EDIT: I noticed I got the abilities mixed up, fixed.

Btw, the crescent knife corner combo could be replaced with 2B 5C 2C 5BB 214A 5BB jBC jBC 236A/B which is a meterless combo, dealing pretty much the same amount of damage (something between 4300 and 4500 against VSion, crits turned off - FPS drops got the better of me). Though this will cause you to change side.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 10:40:47 AM by Eschaton »

Offline kro

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2009, 03:28:35 AM »
All combos are done with H-Ryougi on v.sion meterless.

4079 dmg

4353 dmg
Knife combos avoid reverse beat proration and look sexy.  Pretty sure you can catch the knife wherever you start the combo.  Sub 5b for 5c after the 22a to make it easier to catch the knife for a little less dmg.  It helps to jump straight up when catching the knife.

5021 dmg
Same as above but starts with j.c aerial instead of 2a.  5k meterless with knife catching!

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 05:30:03 AM »
All combos are done with H-Ryougi on v.sion meterless.

4079 dmg

4353 dmg
Knife combos avoid reverse beat proration and look sexy.  Pretty sure you can catch the knife wherever you start the combo.  Sub 5b for 5c after the 22a to make it easier to catch the knife for a little less dmg.  It helps to jump straight up when catching the knife.

5021 dmg
Same as above but starts with j.c aerial instead of 2a.  5k meterless with knife catching!

Damn, you beat me to posting those knife combos...

More combos:

BnB
2a 2b 5bb 5c 2c 22a 5c j.bc ad j.c dj.bc 236b 4778 dmg

Meterless midscreen/corner
2a 2b 5bb 5c 2c 6aaa 214a j.bc dj.bc 236a 4602 dmg

100 meter combos for corner/midscreen
2a 2b 5bb 5c 2c 22a 5b tk 236c (land) 623b j.abc dj.bc 236b 4530 dmg
2a 2b 5bb 5c 2c 22a 5b tk 236c (catch knife) 5a 22a j.abc dj.bc 236b 4648 dmg

etc.
4c 22a 5b j.bc (catch knife) ad j.c dj.bc 236b
2a 2b 5bb 5c 2c 22a 5b tk 236c tk 236c j.abc dj.bc 236b 5077 dmg

Sorry if any of the combos are repost. Damage for combos is on a crouching V. Sion.

Other things

-If you catch a knife while air dashing, it'll stop your forward momentum, and you'll drop down. Could be useful in blockstrings for high/low mixup.

Edit: you can use the ricocheting knife off of 22a/b/c and 63214a/b/c in conjunction with airdashes to create some relatively ambiguous mixup/crossup.

-I noticed that I deal more damage when the dummy is set to crouch. ???
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 03:13:57 PM by Nandeyanen »

Offline kro

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2009, 09:05:16 PM »

I just tried this one in training and I don't think anything can beat it for H-Ryougi.  Did ~5760 when starting with j.c  :o

Rekka overhead combo:
(blockstring into 236a/b) 214b 236b 5b 5c jc j.b j.c djc j.b j.c j.236b ~3216 dmg

Knife crossup combo w/catch:
(blockstring) 63214b 5b 5b jc j.b j.c djc j.b j.c 236b ~3735 dmg
63214b seems to automatically release the knife at the same spot as long as you're ~5b length away from the opponent or greater.  She'll run a little automatically to correct the distance.  Any closer and she'll be too far to land 5b after the knife.  Substitute 5c for the 2nd 5b to do more damage, but you won't be able to catch the knife.  Doesn't work if opponent is all the way in the corner.

Can probably add some tk236c after the launchers in those for more dmg.  Also, is there any specific reason why most are going for C-Ryougi?  Personally liking H a bit more.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 10:04:37 PM by kro »

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2009, 02:03:32 AM »
Also, is there any specific reason why most are going for C-Ryougi?  Personally liking H a bit more.

To me, I feel much more comfortable playing as C-Ryougi. As a Ciel player from MBAC, C-Ryougi feels very familiar and easy to pick up whereas F-Ryougi (lol) and H-Ryougi are a bit more difficult to grasp. I like the auto-catch, but with the rekka wallslam finishers with C-Ryougi, I've got little reason to auto-catch. Lack of quick charge unblockables also is a deterrent for me.
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2009, 06:33:06 AM »
I don't have exact numbers now but using C-Ryougi:

2a5bb2b5c2c6c TK j236c land jbc djbc airthrow

does more than

2a5bb2b5c2c6c jbc djbc j236c

in the corner. So if you don't mind the little extra effort to input a TK, you can get about 100 more damage.

And regarding using 214c in BnBs, I find that it does less damage than a normal meterless BnB. Maybe you can use it when spacing is not very favourable?
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.