When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: 214A CH leads to BnBs?  (Read 3209 times)

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
214A CH leads to BnBs?
« on: January 27, 2011, 10:47:58 AM »
I'm not sure if this is because of MBAACC's new CH system, but I was watching a video when i saw a raw 214A CH gatling into a full BnB. My jaw dropped at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHZZuqvyNns&feature=plaayer_embedded#t=9m45s

The combo is 214A [CH], 2A 5B 5C JC JABC airthrow

F-Tohno 2A is 3f, so this might still be possible on console, but I'll definitely have to test this out later and see if this applies to other moons if it applies to console.
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
Re: 214A CH leads to BnBs?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 12:38:44 PM »
Old hat. Tonberry faps to this occasionally in irc. He's run a few tests on it iirc. From what I remember, 214A can only be comboed after on CH2/High Counter hit for console - In other words, it's highly unlikely you'll see it come up in an actual match. If anything, Tonberry will probably pop up in the thread to correct me if I'm wrong or provide more details. New CH system overall introduces quite a number of new combo possibilities and starters that aren't doable in prior MBAA renditions.

P.s. have fun not doing any of this on console (:staysad: america)
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 06:24:30 PM »
For console, F-Tohno can combo off of 214a air or ground CH, C/H can combo off of air CH only.  However, it's not really easy for you to get air CHs with it. 

Slide wins against jumpins that aren't deep because of the low hitbox.  Maybe you can CH VSion IAD 6a but it usually hits people in the recovery of whatever move they did, aka no CH.  When they're on the ground it's pretty risky to just throw out 214a because a lot of characters can cover ground movement quickly thus if they dashed at you and you threw out 214a you could be eating full bnb.  You would have to throw out 214a waaaaaaay in advance to be safe and even if it got a CH you would have to be spaced a little bit past Tohno max 2c range to be able to combo off of it. 

A more common way to combo off slide is if you predict a high shield at the end of a blockstring(to stop 22a) and you do 214b instead you can combo off of it pretty easily. 

214a to poke out like Shiki did in the vid you linked to will likely be a smart way to poke out in blockstrings in CC.  You'll slide under them if they did IAD and potentially hit them if they stay on the ground into nice damage. 
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 06:28:16 PM »
I was curious about that as well since I never really saw it ever.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku