hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: H moon tohno  (Read 14647 times)

Offline Tinshi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
    • View Profile
H moon tohno
« on: August 24, 2009, 03:51:16 AM »
Ok post whatever strats combos whichever you find for H tohno. I will also be posting stuff for H moon too. Feel free to contribute.
XAQshinor (12:27:12 PM): Yea I won but I'm still salty

Offline Tinshi

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Re: H moon tohno
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 04:59:53 AM »
Ok first things first I wanna start by donating some combos.

1) Damage- 3434---------2AAA 5C 2C 6C jump BC JUMP BC Air throw 

Notes: IF YOUR SUPER LAZY do this if you are not familiar with tohno's BnBs.

2) Damage-  3940------2A 2B 5C 6C 2C 5BB jump BC jump BC air throw   

Notes: Lazy combo easy to do and ok damage.

3) Damage- 3946 2A 5C 6C 6AAA (crosses up) 2C 2B 5BB jump BC jump BC  Air throw 

Notes: Sexy ass combo, but  the first hit of 6AAA wont hit and the rest of it will. Press  the 6AAA as if you were hitting them anyway.

4)Damage- 3796 with 2a starter Damage- 4760 without--------5B 5C 6AAA 6(C)<--means charge jump BC jump BC air throw

Notes: A simple combo that has decent damage and easy hit confirm.

5)Damage- 5372------------5B 5C 6AAA 6(C) IAD C 5BB 5A(whiff cancel) jump CB jump BC air throw

Notes: FUCK this combo is annoying to do. Ok what I do is 9 A+B air dash and its still annoying to get it. The lower they are the easier it is to land the 5BB into whiff cancel combo.

6) Corner BABY Damage- 4658-----------5B 5C 6AAA 6(C) 22(A) 5B 623B

Notes: Easy combo and gives you nice oki and has nice damage can't beat that.

7) Corner AGAIN Damage- 5372-----------5B 5C 6AAA 6(C) 22(A) 5BB jump CB jump BC air throw

Notes: MADDD DAMAGEE but you get more if you add a IAD C at the beginning  5951
  :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

will add more later Btw these combos were all done on tohno shiki.
XAQshinor (12:27:12 PM): Yea I won but I'm still salty

Offline Coren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 64
  • Swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 03:21:54 PM »
I strait up ripped your combos out of here and put them on the Wiki, just so you know.
Combos so bright I gotta wear shades.

Offline Dragonthorn

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 04:48:01 PM »
Wow just started playing MBAA again haha. Anyway, had an observation on Tohno. As far as his playstyle is concerned, he should try to limit his attacking to the ground as much as he can. Old Tohno had a good air-to-air normal in jA, which now at least for Half-moon, angles a bit downward.  I don't know about you guys, but I get beat out A LOT in the air especially against the likes of Akiha and Sion. 

Anyway, this is just based on my own playing, so feel free to correct me if you have observed otherwise.

Offline Crosseyes12

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • landed 5-hit combo, new personal best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 06:09:07 AM »
Ok, I'm going to tell you in advance that this will sound very noob;

What do the ----- mean?
No one bothered to tell me there was a Cellist in the lineup -_-

Character switched.

Offline Dragonthorn

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 04:14:32 PM »
Ok, I'm going to tell you in advance that this will sound very noob;

What do the ----- mean?

Answer ------- just dashlines. :)

Offline Crosseyes12

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • landed 5-hit combo, new personal best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 04:16:50 PM »
sooo... they don't mean anything?
No one bothered to tell me there was a Cellist in the lineup -_-

Character switched.

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 08:55:25 PM »
Wow just started playing MBAA again haha. Anyway, had an observation on Tohno. As far as his playstyle is concerned, he should try to limit his attacking to the ground as much as he can. Old Tohno had a good air-to-air normal in jA, which now at least for Half-moon, angles a bit downward.  I don't know about you guys, but I get beat out A LOT in the air especially against the likes of Akiha and Sion. 

Anyway, this is just based on my own playing, so feel free to correct me if you have observed otherwise.
CrimsonDisaster's been playing Half Tohno. I feel like his j.C works really well air to air actually, at least a lot better than most of the other j.Cs that are meant as strong air to ground attacks. Also, having his current airdash gives him some really strong IAD pressure.

But yeah, when they're in the corner, he's really ridiculous on the ground. Having moves that you can just leave uncancelled and are neutral on block lets him keep up blockstrings with really few ways to get out, and he has some of the strongest tick throws in the game.

Also Tohno j.C somehow ate Sacchin's 421C and CH me. Sad moments.

Offline xPwNaZnOwNx

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • A Burgundy Mishap
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 03:41:16 PM »
Preemptive jB works sometimes against the likes of Sion/Akiha jC and such, but it's not as reliable as I'd like.  Same with jC, I guess.

jA would work out more if not for anti-A armor or whatever the system mechanic is.

also
5B 5C 6C 5A6AA, link 2C 6C 5BB 8 jBC djBC AT is like 5.2k midscreen, fairly easy (way easier than BE6C iadC combo).  Maybe 5BB whiff 5A jCB djBC AT is more damage, dunno.

Near corner, whatever to 2C 214C whiff 5A, 5BB aerial is pretty good.  Saw some Japanese vid of someone doing blah blah 214C iabdC, land, 6C and then screw up the rest of the combo :V but that's looking to be a stronger variant for sure.
boring style

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 10:42:18 PM »
Preemptive jB works sometimes against the likes of Sion/Akiha jC and such, but it's not as reliable as I'd like.  Same with jC, I guess.

jA would work out more if not for anti-A armor or whatever the system mechanic is.

also
5B 5C 6C 5A6AA, link 2C 6C 5BB 8 jBC djBC AT is like 5.2k midscreen, fairly easy (way easier than BE6C iadC combo).  Maybe 5BB whiff 5A jCB djBC AT is more damage, dunno.

Near corner, whatever to 2C 214C whiff 5A, 5BB aerial is pretty good.  Saw some Japanese vid of someone doing blah blah 214C iabdC, land, 6C and then screw up the rest of the combo :V but that's looking to be a stronger variant for sure.

Not true. You can't jump cancel that 6C because you already used it for the iadBC so the only way to continue would be by specials or EX.
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline s4itox

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • So who was phone?
    • View Profile
    • deeeeeeeeeeeeebiant art
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 12:35:11 AM »

also

Not true. You can't jump cancel that 6C because you already used it for the iadBC so the only way to continue would be by specials or EX.

Land 6C 5B 623B/C if you have the meter?

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 03:12:19 AM »

also

Land 6C 5B 623B/C if you have the meter?

That is an option but we have to compare how much better is oki after 623b/c compared to airthrow as well as the damage from the iad combo and from a regular aerial combo.
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline xPwNaZnOwNx

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • A Burgundy Mishap
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 11:11:38 AM »

also

Well first off that's iabd (instant air backdash) C.  iadBC would put them too high.

Also the ender is more along the lines of 6C 5BB whiff 5/2A, jC(B) (s)djBC AT.

623B/C ender gives way better oki than high altitude airthrow.
boring style

Offline xPwNaZnOwNx

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • A Burgundy Mishap
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 09:18:33 PM »
Seems feasible to break 5k off a 2A via 214C corner combos, at least in arcade.  Dunno what they changed in terms of damage/proration in console though.  Stuff like 2A (5B) 5C 6C 5A6AA 2C 214C 5BB 8 jCB djBC AT does a big chunk.  I know I've gotten ~4k off braindead mashy stuff like 2AABC 214C whiff 5A 5BB 8 jCB djBC AT or whatever.

Also it's possible to 214C whiff 5A, dash jC into whatever air combo from around half a screen out of the corner.  I forget if the damage was worth it though... but I guess if your heat was about to run out, why not?

-EDIT-
thx to pbj for linking the joybox vid of the proper iabdC ender http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR9BThEs_Ic#t=4m42s
blah blah 214C IABD whiff jC, land, 2C 5A(whiff)6AA BE6C 22A (half charge) air combo.

If you actually hit the iabdC, shrug.  6C into whatever is the followup for that that I've seen.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 08:46:00 AM by xPwNaZnOwNx »
boring style

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 09:51:26 AM »
Tohno can break 5k on most characters with 2a5bc6c 6aaa 22a (partial charge) 214c 5bwhiff[/b] 214awhiff 2c 6awhiffaa 6[c] (dp for oki/ aerial to air throw) also this is corner only

starting this with j.c instead of 2a does like 6k on akiha to 8k on vakhia.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 01:49:10 PM by Tempered »
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 10:22:49 PM »
That's a nobility tier combo, normal peasants won't hit that
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline ARMsMonkey

• Apprentice
  • Super adorable... >.> ;
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2010, 07:26:42 PM »
Yo~ ;D

Anywho, regarding that above 214c corner combo with Tohno, I've read from the wiki that it's "variable in between characters." Really now, I can't seem to hit this against Miyako or the Lens. YESH THEM BLASTED LOLIES. LOVE 'EM TO BITS THOUGH. Ahem, back on topic, the EX slide's second hit always whiffs when I do it. Any suggestions, or is it just not going to work against those small hit boxes? (I'm not even going to bother with the necos- no offense to the neco lovers out there xD)

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2010, 10:30:35 PM »
That's a nobility tier combo, normal peasants won't hit that

Guess im nobility tier, at least training mode wise.

Also ARMsMonkey, ill try it out on those characters.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 12:18:31 AM »
Let's be nobles together.
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline s4itox

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • So who was phone?
    • View Profile
    • deeeeeeeeeeeeebiant art
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 07:44:03 AM »
Yo~ ;D

Anywho, regarding that above 214c corner combo with Tohno, I've read from the wiki that it's "variable in between characters." Really now, I can't seem to hit this against Miyako or the Lens. YESH THEM BLASTED LOLIES. LOVE 'EM TO BITS THOUGH. Ahem, back on topic, the EX slide's second hit always whiffs when I do it. Any suggestions, or is it just not going to work against those small hit boxes? (I'm not even going to bother with the necos- no offense to the neco lovers out there xD)
Delay the 22[A] by just a little bit more. That, and active 214c asap.
That, and try to get enough hits in so that gravity takes the lolis down to the point where the second hit doesn't whiff. 2a2b5c6c6aaa22[a]214c did the trick for me with WLen.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 07:51:36 AM by s4itox »

Offline ARMsMonkey

• Apprentice
  • Super adorable... >.> ;
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2010, 11:50:14 PM »
Ah, cool. I appreciate it. I got it down now, bwahahaha.