When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Full Moon Sion  (Read 5936 times)

Offline Arl1x

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • We are the monsters.
    • View Profile
Full Moon Sion
« on: February 24, 2012, 05:57:12 PM »
Hey everyone!  So, I've been playing MB:AACC for a few weeks now, and I've been trying to learn F-Sion.  For some reason, I'm really into playing her and her style seems to fit me.  However, I've been running into a little snag during my match-ups.  I understand the way that her combos work, after reading the wiki and getting some from a video from NthGenMedia, but her pressure game is sort of a mystery to me.  Once I get an opponent in the corner, I have a hard time keeping them there.  It seems as if a lot of her moves will push her out of the corner, and I'm left with only a few options to keep pressure on the opponent (such as 3C, 5C, and gunshots), but they all leave her vulnerable to a poke or a jump out.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I've watched some of Chest's videos, and I'll admit, I need to watch them a little more closely to grasp them.

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
Re: Full Moon Sion
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 08:15:06 PM »
fMoon pressure in general is awkward. You kind of have to feel it out and canned strings wont work too well. doing a string of 5a/2a's and then running up and 5a/2aing some more will work.

Her 2b is plus on block, while 5b is like neutral or -1 or something. both of them have decent range so you can do stuff like 5b stagger 2b. 2b recover 2b. 5b recover 5b. 2b recover 5b stagger 2b. and once they start to respect that 5b run up, 2b run up and reset pressure.

5cc is good as its like + a million if the block the pull back.

she has 3 overheads, one which pushes her back in. 6b 5[c] and 6c.

3c is only to be used from max range to get back in after a 5c. you can do close 3c 236a, but as mentioned gunshots aren't that good for pressure. Gunshots are better used to try and get some free damage in. Not too good on block.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Arl1x

• Apprentice
  • We are the monsters.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 12:52:58 PM »
Thanks for the tips Tempered, I'll definitely have to try incorporating some of those and see what I can do about matching them together.

Offline Bolverk-GTM

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • What's an unsafe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 04:58:58 AM »
Just be wary that you can be hit out of the dashes.  For that, mix up your dash A a lot as opposed to only doing them when you're out of reach.  If you're out of reach for another A and think they're going to hit you out of a dash A, keep them honest with a 5B or 2B. 

Like Tempered said, F-Sion has 3 overheads and since her staggers are her strongest asset, you can mix up the overheads just as well as the H and C moons can.  As for the canned blockstrings, I agree 100%.  Avoid the habit of thinking stuff > 5CC all of the time is a good idea because it's not.  If your opponent is an idiot, then sure it's a good idea.  You can jump between the 5C and the pull back, which a decent player will most definitely know. 

If you use gunshots or 3C to make them hold still after 5C, you can force them to respect 5CC.  Just beware of characters that have a DP because that's the one thing capable of beating that frame trap (*gasp* frame traps aren't unbeatable!  Mind is full of fuck!) and nothing is more salt-inducing than letting someone like Nanaya or Roa get out of dodge by DP'ing your follow-up.

Another honorable mention is 22B.  This is quite the opposite of abusable because it works wonders when you rarely use it.  If you toss it in during a block string, you'd be amazed how strong the "Deer in Headlights" effect is on some people.  Again I would advise against using it a lot as it's easy to disrespect in many ways, but it's great if you toss it out on a very rare occasion. 

I also can't stress this enough, but don't be afraid of using throws in mix-up.  In high level play, I'd be a little more conservative with throws in case they're doing the A+D OS (if that still works), but it's still an available option if you feel like your opponent is a little too comfortable with blocking.  Sion's throw doesn't do as much damage as you'd want it to, but throws in general can do a lot of psychological damage to the other player if they let it bother them enough.  In other words, throws make it possible to annoy them into making mistakes because you're still opening their defense in some way.

I'll post more as I come to think of it, but that's what I got for now.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 05:15:04 AM by Bolverk-GTM »
[21:05] <MashThat5A> Do I have to pay for this game?
[21:05] <Chaoschao> Pay for poverty games? : psyduck :

Offline Arl1x

• Apprentice
  • We are the monsters.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 10:35:18 AM »
So, I've come across an interesting thought.  She has a nice knockdown that uses 100 meter.  2A 2B 2C 214C 5A 5B 5C 3C 214A.  I've been playing with the idea of modifying that into one of her BnBs (whether its the standard BnB or a j.[C] loop.  I've gotten it to connect with the basic BnB: 5A 5A 5B 2B 2C 214C 5A 5B 5C 214B j.BC dj.BC AT that does 4644 damage after 18 hits with a net of -49% meter.  However, I'm not sure if it can be linked with the j.[C] loop.  5A 5A 5B 2B 2C 214C 5A 5B 5C 214B j.[C] dj delay j.[C] j.214A j.BC dj.BC AT.  The first j.[C] can connect, but I can't seem to get the second j.[C] to connect.  Is there too much gravity at that point?  Would it even be worth trying to get that extra damage out of it?  Connecting the 214C into the 214B j.BC gives more meter recovery than just using the hard knockdown ender (that is a net of -65.3%) and I would think a better position to keep up pressure (because of the corner air throw instead of just hard knockdown).  What do you guys think?  I'd look a bit more into if it I understood how to use the Framedisplay program better than I do currently.  That doesn't give us information about gravity.  Any ideas?

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 11:27:24 AM »
I feel like its better to do j214c to end your combos rather than use 214c in the middle of the combo.  The only time I'd say it's a better idea to use 214c in a combo is if you did meaty 2a 2c and you caught a backdash. 
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline Arl1x

• Apprentice
  • We are the monsters.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 11:48:34 AM »
You're definitely right, that saving the meter for a j.214C ender is better.  It was just a thought based on the idea of a 2C confirm.  If you have the meter to spare, might as well get some decent damage out of it, plus the swag factor (it's a fun looking combo for a weird hit like 2C since 214B doesn't connect).

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Christmas Akiha just got sexier!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 11:10:41 PM »
Meh, the knockdown from 214A is so much better than j.214C that I'd gladly take the damage drop and get a decently damaging 214A combo as opposed to a higher damage j.214C combo.
C-Wara main, H-Warc/F-Sion alt.

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 08:56:35 PM »
5C 3C beats jump (236A 5B into air combo is the jump punish combo)
If 3C blocked, you can 236A.

After 236A:
another 236A beats poke and is good way to stay away a little more
dash 5B punishes jumps
2B beats mash
If you think they gonna respect, you can think of good string to hide an overhead or maybe a throw into a mixup.

5CC, use it only when you think they gonna respect it. Use it very sparingly.

If they are in the corner, you might want to cancel your string in 236A early, in a distance where your 5B and 2B will reach. After the 236A with this distance you can:

5B 6B (if they're not crouched, they will probably crouch and take the overhead)
5B stagger 2B
2B 6B
2B stagger 2C
5B 5[C]
5B 5C (half charged) 3C
2B 5C into previous strings (if you think they're not gonna respect it)

You can do much more too, I'm just listing the ones I like to use the most..
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 09:02:25 PM by Cristu »
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 07:08:50 AM »
Because you can do the 4x j.[C] combo with only 3 hits before the 214B:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Uem4pKy_0

A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline purps

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 08:13:57 AM »
Why it is so much fun to totally waste meter on combos with this character just for the sexiness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdp3bFi1jwY&t=2m23s
Cristuu knows  :toot: