When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Atlas Academy > Sion TATARI (Vampire)

H-V.Sion

(1/6) > >>

Sp00ky:
Mostly will go over changes and 'new' strategy, as 90% of her old mbac strats are intact.

Normals:

5A: Longer range than old one, otherwise pretty much the same.
(new) 6AAA: Half moon chain. Connects off 5C except at really long ranges, Sets up 2C to Akiha or Satsuki summon, usable in blockstrings to similar effects as the old 2C delay 2b tactics but doesn't hit low.

5B: A really awesome new normal where V.Sion swipes at air. this is awesome antiair, awesome in blockstrings, has 'Anti-A armor'.

5C: Same as in mbac but made Cancellable.

2A: same as mbac

2B: A new normal that still keeps its neutral frames on block but no longer hits low and has shorter range. do NOT use this in longer ange combos it will miss.

2C: Slightly sped up otherwise same as MBAC.

J.A: Same as MBAC

j.B: A new move with an awkard animation that makes it an excellent crossup. Apllicable similar to old Ciel j.B, now you can airdash at people freely and use this to hit even if you overshoot them.

j.C: same as MBAC.

Command normals:
6B: A strange new move where V.Sion points and creates a drill. This works similar to 236B on block having high + frames. It also has a lot of shield frames at the beginning making it a somewhat unwieldy anti-air. This is crouchable if not point blank.

6C: A new overhead. Chargable which adds range. dodges lows. dodges throws. anti-a armor. NOT cancelable, you must link after it to combo or connect with a summon.

3C: Old 3B

j:2B: anti A armor added.

Specials:

236X: Same as MBAC

623X: Same as MBAC. 623C now lands based on whether the first hit was blocked/shielded or not and does not have the same followups.

214X: Same as MBAC

Shields:
high: untechable 623A. free to use 2C xx summon or a bnb after it lands.

low: modified version of 2C. Cancellable (summons work best)

new notes:
Airthrow is techable. use land 5B or late j.2B to snuff techs where possible.
Losing 6B ground bounce requires heavy modification of summon combos.
Throw xx 2C is no longer a 1 frame link and much more viable.
Super double jump added.
Malice bnb is much easier, try 2AB 5B 2C 5C 623B j.BC airdash C sdj.ABC airthrow or other variations.
5A whiff 2A can replicate some old normal Sion tactics. Try 5C 2A whiff 2C 236B as a ghetto version of the old normal sion warning shot blockstrings.

Summon setting: 2AB 5B 5C 6AAA 2Cxx summon

Summon tricks:
6C is much more worthwhile than the old 6B in summon setups. It beats many more tactics such as defensive throws and 2A xx jump.

Throw breaks are worthless in the face of summon setups. Try 2ABC xx Satsuki Summon Meaty 2B5A dash up throw. On break satsuki hits 2C 5C 3C j.BC sdj.ABC airdash C airthrow. It's actually less damage for the opponent to TAKE the throw in this scenario.

Midscreen
2ABC akiha summon:

-----IAD B (hits meaty crossup) or IAD j.2B (fake crossup)
1)Akiha hits dash to corner 5C j.BC dj. BC airdash C airthrow
2)opponent blocks crossup: [6C or 2A] 5B 5C 6AAA 2C akiha summon

Zero:
This info actually makes me want to try H-VSion more instead of just going back to C-VSion. Good info.

Benny1:
I'm still hoping that something good might happen to F-V.Sion in Ver.A that might make her more useful, but I'm not holding my breath.  What a shame, she looked pro.

I'm really, really liking this 5C cancellable thing.  I'm kinda weak at pressure still though, but whenever I used 5C, I felt like I was just begging to be punished for weak 236A xx 236C strings, an easy 236B backdash, or who knows what with a summon.  That's probably just because I suck at pressure right now.

Does this 5B have a BE version that moves her forwards?  And is her 5B neutral still?  Or are we stuck with using 2B for our neutral now.  Not that it hurts so bad with 5C being a lot more powerful.

Also, is 5B still high shield only and 2B low shield only?  Those were nice for people who really liked that wakeup shield spam, since they were pretty powerful meaties.

It's nice to know that Malice is easier, since I still have a ton of trouble connecting that for some reason.

Is there any change in connecting midscreen 236C, btw?  It seems like a lot of stuff like that is easier to connect now...

Sp00ky:
Midscreen 236C is actually harder because of how far it pushes back on hit.

Shielding system changes are the same for everyone 5b's arent about to magically become low shieldable for anyone.

5B is just a 5B. It moves far enough at is it doesn't need a BE version. It moves about as far as 5C does.

F-V.Sion isn't about to get good without a massive change in her system.
No run
no summons
no multi hit 5C
no forced knockdown on airthrow
no thanks.

Zaido:
she seems pretty lolz... F Vsion that is... if i ever play i will take that challenge!!! H VSion combo looks fun... might use it for a side :X...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version