When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: H-V.Sion  (Read 17458 times)

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
Re: H-V.Sion
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2011, 02:24:16 PM »
Depends on wakeup speed.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2011, 07:52:44 AM »
Yeah, H-VSion has back turn glitch with throw and air throw.
I Worded my last post bad, and meant to include these with back turn combo... :emo:

This is all I've figured out so far:
1.After throw you can IAD/sj/(9)j/IADj2B/sj2B/(9)j2B and get cross-ups with glitch if the opponent does not tech.
The opponent has to be waking up or near waking up and you have to be at the screen edge when they do (I think).
2. After air throw you can ad/adj2B and get cross-ups with glitch if the opponent does not tech.
The opponent has to be waking up or near waking up and you have to be at the screen edge when they do (I think).

I have not gotten just air throw into j2B to cross-up in training mode. Ever. Happens to me in matches all the time though.
I've tried getting as much gravity as I could and getting as high as I could before air throw, but I cant do it.
I think it should work, and I think this back turn glitch is what we see in the vid.
But this is removed in CC so I would not worry about it too much.

A better answer, but still not good... as I cant reproduce what was in the vid... :gonk:

-TexasTim-
I disagree, I wouldn't call it a glitch. What's happening in that particular crossup is that V-sion's Divekick is landing just between Kohaku's down collision box and the wall. I personally can't get the dive trajectory that Sp00ky got in that vid but that's what did it.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 08:30:28 AM by LivingShadow »

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2011, 02:32:33 PM »
You are correct that getting a cross-up if there is space between the edge and the collision box is not a glitch.
What is a glitch is why that space is there. He did an air throw into the corner. There should be not space between the edge and the collision box.
But H-VSion's air throw puts the opponent in a back turn state.
I'm 99% sure that back turn cross-ups in the corner are a glitch that got fixed, and will no longer work when we get CC1.07.
If they really intended for this type of back turn cross-up to be possible, why did they not include corner cross-ups for just jumping over the opponent? (AH3 Style)
Why no cross-up after a 2C in the corner? Or a 5A6AA6C?Or any other down except a back turn, and close to wake-up, corner cross-up? Why no space for cross-up after these?
I definitely agree that you should get a cross-up if you create that space with a 623C set-up or something similar, but just back turn in the corner?
Seems like an obvious glitch to me. Like they just missed telling the game that back turn situations can happen other places than mid screen. Like they said:
If mid screen, then back turn = cross-up. And back turn = cross-up is still true even if mid screen is false.

-TexasTim-

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2011, 10:14:39 PM »
For everyone that keeps telling me that charged 6B has clash frames:
236B followed by 6B
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 10:22:23 PM by TheMaster_Rahl »