When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: General feedback thread!  (Read 31990 times)

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
Re: General feedback thread!
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2010, 10:32:06 AM »
I was wondering if you could get Juicebox Abel on breadcast for an interview,he's shown interest in MB, he's also on the MBAA list for NEC!
Also,I liked every breadcast(except the Mister T one).I know it's hard to find stuff to talk about,but what you did until now was very interesting.If there's such a big drought of ideas and/or subjects,I can suggest making it monthly/bi-monthly.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 10:40:11 AM by fiendmaw »
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline mizuki

• Knight Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2010, 12:49:04 AM »
Would you guys be interested in a general fighting games discussion show? Stuff like how to practice efficiently, how to get the most out of videos, general tourney FAQ. I think something like this would be best for a call-in live show.
what the fuck is this game

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2010, 01:46:39 PM »
Would you guys be interested in a general fighting games discussion show? Stuff like how to practice efficiently, how to get the most out of videos, general tourney FAQ. I think something like this would be best for a call-in live show.
Sounds interesting.I'm all for it.
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2010, 01:45:08 PM »
I think that would go rather well if geared to the new comer.
Silence, calm, and the right aim...
 "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." - Bruce Lee

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2011, 07:49:11 PM »
Maybe change them to monthly podcasts?
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Knight Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2011, 12:23:43 PM »
Sorry, I've had some personal matters going on recently so the show's suffered on account of it.
 :gonk:
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2011, 10:02:40 PM »
..Soo... what happened to this?
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2011, 07:35:10 AM »
I have been anticipating this, no lie. I probably should have said something about that too.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Forte Wily

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Buster Style Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2011, 07:25:31 AM »
..Soo... what happened to this?

That is a good question at this point....
Silence, calm, and the right aim...
 "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." - Bruce Lee

Offline F9|Chibi

• Knight Magus
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2011, 08:09:36 AM »
Sorry, things have been kinda personal at home but we're working on something soon.

:P
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2011, 04:14:58 PM »
Sorry, things have been kinda personal at home but we're working on something soon.

I'm hyped about the next podcast.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2011, 04:58:32 AM »

Honestly I would like to see a new breadcast sometime.  A couple locals here who follow it alongside myself were asking me what happened, if it was dead, etc.  I felt bad that I couldn't give them an answer.

We all miss you guys!
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline mizuki

• Knight Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2011, 02:33:31 PM »
Don't worry, were coming back with a great idea. Sit tight!

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2012, 11:19:43 PM »
Just got back to America and decided to catch myself up with these. 

Gonna be like super harsh here, in the interests of the community.

I honestly value that we have some good solid members of not just the MB community, but fighting game community in general as our hosts.  But...at the same time I think the thing I hate the most is too much airtime is wasted talking about comparing characters or moves in MB to characters or moves in old fighting games 85% of the community is unlikely to of played. 

The sound effects used is a great edition and you should add more.  They livened up the 14th breadcast and made the conversation more genki sounding. 

When broadcasting please keep an awake voice.  If you can't keep an awake voice do not do the show.  It makes a HUGE difference!, keep your hype level up as if you're announcing a real tournament match or grand finals.  Like WOW we got this guy here to talk about the game today, under these circumstances, at this point in the games life.  Having little sound effects or clearly delivering your news topics at the start of each show would make a big difference. 

Try to be very careful if you're going to gauge the relative strength of a character or it's moves.  I found myself disagreeing with a handful of the comments and LK blowing you guys up about the strength of Nero in the game in relative to the screen size was completely necessary, but also embarrassing for the hosts.  Let's avoid things like this.  I think as fox is clearly the most talented player of the hosts, he should prepare more technical detail questions.  Chibi should prepare community questions.

Edit.  Edit.  Edit!  A lot of little mistakes could cut the show time down by a 1/4th and make the entire flow much better.  I don't know if it's necessary to do it live at this point, since the stream is rarely referred to for the show (do you even do them live?)

I'm totally cool with the show being a community thing or an analysis thing, but if you're going to mix those two together, you need to really get a nice layout and not wing it the whole show (sorry, it feels like you are, if you aren't). 

I think if the show doesn't clean itself up 3 or so iterations perhaps Donjon should be replaced as the official "Melty Blood Radio Show" endorsed by the website.  I don't want to take anything away from anyone, and this has nothing to do with the qualifications of the hosts but rather the difference in viewers and sheer entertainment value/chemistry of the show.  DonJon has also done well to get TO's and big names outside of the community in as well.  I see no reason for there to be two broadcasts in the community. 

Weekly shows aren't necessary, maybe a more bi-weekly thing. 

I think the breadcast has a huge outlet to new players at the moment who are fiending for information about the community and the game.  They need a strong, well-informed, informative voice.  Weekly tournaments, news about the developers, and fluent interviews and introductions can make this show good, and if this show is good it can be a flagship of community building for MBAACC.  This is what we want, right?
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2012, 11:53:14 PM »
Our mission (Brandon and I) for Donjon is to have a community based, community driven show that's pretty much done for doujin/not-mainstream games in general; not just Melty. That is why I would have to point people in the direction of Breadcast for things pertaining specifically to Melty. Even though me and Brandon are rooted in Melty and some topics would be for benefit of what's going on in the community in a present time (such as Final Round promotion), we are not the "pure" voice of the community in this sort of thing.

Breadcast has been doing a decent job with keeping up to date w/ content we do need at this time. Granted there are things to be fixed around for better shows and better output, I'm pretty sure turning hands to a whole different show wouldn't be the best of ideas. The mission of Donjon Network would not coincide 100% with what Breadcast is trying to accomplish.
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline F9|Chibi

• Knight Magus
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2012, 12:05:28 AM »
I'm just going to say that no one is replacing anybody regardless of what you're thinking.

The only thing I'm pulling from your genki tainted criticism is that the podcast will likely not be a weekly thing, bi-weekly might be a better idea.

Outside of that, thanks for the feedback, we'll take it into consideration.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2012, 12:21:28 AM »
The sound effects used is a great edition and you should add more.  They livened up the 14th breadcast and made the conversation more  genki  sounding.

desu
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 12:24:00 AM by Rokunaya »
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
General feedback thread!
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2012, 12:50:46 AM »
Are you baka compressing the volume at all? It sounds really not sugoi sugoi when there's huge pops and crack that hurt my ears. It gives me a bad kimochi!
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline mizuki

• Knight Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2012, 01:02:55 AM »
It is most likely one of our crappy mics. Sorry about that. We might have a solution in the future.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2012, 03:52:12 AM »
Are you baka compressing the volume at all? It sounds really not sugoi sugoi when there's huge pops and crack that hurt my ears. It gives me a bad kimochi!
Not gona lie. This cracks me up. I don't even know why, don't even know why nanodesu.
And yeah, try not to let the person you interview get so board he just hangs up on your asses. :laffo:
I like the casual conversations though, and the sharing of opinions. And more Zarbon applause for Zarbon.
Like no matter who your guest is, just troll them by playing back a clip of that part of that ep. when you introduce them.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2012, 05:22:24 AM »
I'm just going to say that no one is replacing anybody regardless of what you're thinking.

The only thing I'm pulling from your genki tainted criticism is that the podcast will likely not be a weekly thing, bi-weekly might be a better idea.

Outside of that, thanks for the feedback, we'll take it into consideration.

It's impressive how every one of your sentences contradicts the one before it.  If you want pertinent advice you should let people know what you're planning instead of saying you're not taking that advice and then considering it.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Knight Magus
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2012, 06:51:39 AM »
That's nice, if you don't have feedback on the podcast then please don't clutter the thread, okay?

Thanks~
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline mizuki

• Knight Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2012, 10:35:06 AM »
Not gona lie. This cracks me up. I don't even know why, don't even know why nanodesu.
And yeah, try not to let the person you interview get so board he just hangs up on your asses. :laffo:
I like the casual conversations though, and the sharing of opinions. And more Zarbon applause for Zarbon.
Like no matter who your guest is, just troll them by playing back a clip of that part of that ep. when you introduce them.

Haha, yeah, Chibi can be very boring sometimes and puts people to sleep... No seriously, Lord Knight was up with very to little sleep and had a job interview the next day, so it was poor planning on Chibi's side (we need to seriously come up with a better format for this!) Anyways, I do plan on revamping Breadcast a lot more, now that people are actually listening (I hope) and hope for some changes in the future...

Offline F9|Chibi

• Knight Magus
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2012, 01:54:59 PM »
Things will change for the better, I'm already looking to change the format to mirror that.

LK falling asleep was him being awake for 2 days straight and me pulling him on the show last minute. Poor guy came back apologizing like crazy afterwards.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Spud

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2012, 06:22:53 PM »
I think the show is good, but I feel like the hype level should definitely be higher. While it's very interesting and informative, a lot of the time it sounds like an NPR show. Half the fun of podcasts is just hearing the commentators bro it up and say stupid/funny shit at really loud volumes; you guys do do that often but it would be cool if you kept that energy going for the entire show, as opposed to short bursts of humor in between long segments of quiet discussion.

TL;DR louder volume
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 10:25:24 PM by Spud »
Yawn