When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: 8/18 C3 August Adios Tournament Results  (Read 32860 times)

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Holy F*ckin shit, my eyeballs
    • View Profile
Re: 8/18 C3 August Adios Tournament Results
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2007, 03:03:34 PM »
I say that MB is a good balance of 2d fighter tactics and smash tactics. Y'got your mind games, ground techs, sidestep dodge,and tech punishes, and you lack a block button, l canceling, and 3 broken characters that everyone uses(Now its just Sion, which, for some reason, no one uses).

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2007, 03:35:59 PM »
I don't play Smash I just think MB is fun to play and has some fun quirks (heat system for healing etc) even though it's not as complex as GG or something. 

Offline 4r5

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 89
  • GO HOME AND BE A FAMILY MAN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2007, 04:19:04 PM »
It's all bout dat air movement!

Capcom players find it uncomfortable. Being in the air is suppose to be a death sentence.
Smash players find it to be natural. In fact, they expect it.
Guilty players welcome it. We're given many of the same air options found in Melty and Smash, but at the same time we also face the same dangers found in Capcom games.

In Melty Blood, the air is all apart of your positioning, pressure, and mixups. Being in the air is a good thing.

Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about  :V :V :V :V :V :V madden

Edit: Oh, and, Kouma and Nero combined don't compare to the manliest of Magneato.

User was given an infraction for this post.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 04:22:53 PM by 4r5 »

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2007, 04:21:23 PM »
judging by the fact that high level videos basically consist of people jumping forward then double jumping backward repeatedly while throwing out air normals I would say that you are right

he got an infraction for that post?  is that like karma/rep on other boards?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 04:28:17 PM by Tiamat »

Offline KomagPHL

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2007, 04:34:12 PM »
all this talk about air is reminding me how much LK was flying. i need to learn how to fly! :toot:

i think infraction = magic circuit thingy (i guess) (EDIT: nope that's not it)

i don't really have a good answer as to why smash players play MB. my guess would be the fact that both games are really easy to get into. smash is very simple at the beginner level, moving around, doing attacks, just doing anything in general is well straightforward. as for melty blood, the system is deep but not deep enough like guilty gear. combo system is easier (definitely easier than guilty gear's gatling system, reminds me of MvC). any experienced smash player (competition/casual) should feel quite at home with MB due to some of the system similarities.

i guess i'll just have to agree with 4r5 why capcom players find it uncomfortable. i've played enough capcom fighters to learn that being in the air is the worst thing you could possibly do unless you're planning something. the options melty blood gives you in the air means being in the air can feel pretty safe. in smash, you're in the air half the time trying to figure out where to land and not die (for me at least, nam's ganon loves to keep me up there). that and those jumping neutral A attacks are well pretty good. damn you short hops!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 04:57:31 PM by KomagPHL »

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2007, 04:36:26 PM »
nevermind lol
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 05:44:14 PM by Tiamat »

Offline 4r5

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2007, 05:39:26 PM »
Jokes. SRK, Orka, some sort of thread about loli fighters. I believe the exact quote was "Marvel players are gay for Magneato". And then Orka got an infraction. I thought it was funny.

Now its just Sion, which, for some reason, no one uses

I could learn Sion, if you want me to learn Sion. Who wants me to learn Sion?

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2007, 05:43:47 PM »
oh lol XD

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2007, 06:07:03 PM »
Well PERHAPS I have a theory:

Average SRK person says smash is a shitty game. Average SRK person says MB lacks depth. So someone who likes a shitty game should be only attracted to shitty games. AMIRITE?  :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:
Well, I say smash is a shitty game but I play MB hardcore so your theory is teh fail.  :V

Oh, and I want to bloody up your V.Akiha before I head back to school so make plans for the 1st.  >:(

Quote from: AlmightyNam
I say that MB is a good balance of 2d fighter tactics and smash tactics. Y'got your mind games, ground techs, sidestep dodge,and tech punishes, and you lack a block button, l canceling, and 3 broken characters that everyone uses (Now its just Sion, which, for some reason, no one uses).
...wtf  :psyduck:

sigh, stfu plz  ::)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 06:11:55 PM by ZARtacus! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2007, 06:24:14 PM »
I'm confused at your comment, so I'm going to try to make what I meant clear.

I meant Smash has Marth Shiek and Fox as the top tiers that everyone uses. I mean, I guess people are starting to use peach and falco, but for the most part, everyone is sticking to those three.

And... if you're angry at me saying there are no Sion players, then, sry for the offence. There ARE some Sion players...

And even after saying all this, I'm still confused.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 06:32:31 PM by AlmightyNam »

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2007, 06:34:40 PM »
Well I'm going through NY that day Zar so I dunno.

EDIT: Nam if you could put the rpds on rapidshizare that'd be some hot shit.  :toot:

EDIT2: I play Sion too.  :toot:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 06:38:25 PM by Lord Knight »
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2007, 06:40:12 PM »
I'll do it tomorrow. My laptop is upstairs, and I am entirely too lazy to walk up to it. Which is also another reason why uploads have stopped for the day... I guess I'll fix my naming error now to make it look like I'm doing something productive.

Edit: Just an FYI, becuase each of those matches in that naming error were pretty unworthy of having their own video, and the replays for every other match for each of those sets are missing anyway, I am just going to replace the name on the video, and reupload it as is. I'll also upload the last set on Rei's computer which was a match with Mr.Mammation & Rathrak Vs Nas and Tiamat. I'm 95% sure I got the right people this time, with the extra 5% being a 100% certainty that I'll find out I got them wrong directly after I upload them, forcing me into a tourrets filled rage.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 06:52:52 PM by AlmightyNam »

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2007, 07:03:13 PM »
Well I'm going through NY that day Zar so I dunno.
:slowpoke:
lol "through"? what does that mean? Will I be running alongside your car w/ my laptop as you're passing by NY into whatever state?  :slowpoke:

@AlmightyNam

damn, my bad. I completely glanced over "and you lack". I was thinking about exploding in my last post over a misread comment, now I'm glad that I didn't  :-[. Oh, and If any char comes close to being "broken" in MB its Akiha (imo). She has far too many tools to abuse at high-lvl play.  :o
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 07:05:08 PM by ZARtacus! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2007, 07:05:35 PM »
No problem, I am guilty of blowing up over a misread comment myself.

Offline KomagPHL

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2007, 07:12:49 PM »
Oh, and If any char comes close to being "broken" in MB its Akiha (imo). She has far too many tools to abuse at high-lvl play.

oh my, please enlighten me with your wisdom.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2007, 07:44:09 PM »
Oh, and If any char comes close to being "broken" in MB its Akiha (imo). She has far too many tools to abuse at high-lvl play.

oh my, please enlighten me with your wisdom.

No breasts but ALL POWER is TOO GOOD
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2007, 09:32:12 PM »
i mean im sticking with tohno but god damn it's so stupid to lose to something some dumb.. .when i have to sit there and watch akhia's and vakhia's fly around in the air... what's tohno suppose to do..... like honestly.. yes 236a does work sometimes but damn...once peeps get damage i find myself having to figure out a way to chase after them... reason with nanaya... i swear he has better block strings... better aa's .. only thing is air to air combat (only ja while tohno has ja and jc..) that's my feel on the subject.. maybe i need to play human opponets more than just when i go to tourneys (the only time i see human comp) cuse i practice on my combos alot at home.. but man it's like combos are useless if i can't find a way to land them on peeps...it sucks man!!!
Basically... kind of a big deal....

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2007, 09:43:40 PM »
Trust me when I say when I know what you're going through.

Just stick with him, it'll be worth it in the long run.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2007, 09:56:08 PM »
air throws are a good anti air for anybody as far as I can tell so you could try that more maybe...I know it sounds lame but it's an option...and you could throw them into the corner with it which is always good with shiki

one of my+nas vids is up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdjK-TeIiz0

yayz
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 10:06:24 PM by Tiamat »

Offline 4r5

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2007, 10:06:18 PM »
Not much to do about learning matchups other then getting out there and fighting the matchups.

And pixels-off-the-ground airthrows are hot. I do them when ever I see the opportunity.

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2007, 11:01:17 PM »
wow why did i lose the first round? weird.. felt i was in practice mode against a standing dummy...i wish he would block more....:(

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2007, 11:05:26 PM »
Yeah,t hats kinda how it looked like too. Thx tiamat for picking up the slack. I uploaded the files and then completely forgot to tell you guys about it. >.<

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2007, 12:37:52 AM »
no prob keep up the good work  8)

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2007, 08:01:27 AM »
Damn you, Nas. You're not angry/hype/stubborn enough to keep at it w/ Tohno. You need to lose 1,000,000 more times before you call it quits. Until then, get angry, find answers, and try new things. Check out the deathburger casuals for some ideas on how to approach US style of play. It's a US tohno but it's a Zar-Tohno making it slightly less sucky (?). =D

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2007, 08:35:58 AM »
Damn you, Nas. You're not angry/hype/stubborn enough to keep at it w/ Tohno. You need to lose 1,000,000 more times before you call it quits. Until then, get angry, find answers, and try new things. Check out the deathburger casuals for some ideas on how to approach US style of play. It's a US tohno but it's a Zar-Tohno making it slightly less sucky (?). =D

man have you not seen me angry? im sure you have... so i take tohno very seriously...im sure i figure something out.. cuse now all these akhias and vakhia's are done...my problem is aa's that's all i have a problem with... cuse i know tohno dosen't have the greatest block string pressures ever.. lol... once i figure a nice aa (maybe 5b for right now) then ill do something about..