hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: 9-22 C3 presents the Sion sux September Tournament Results  (Read 38694 times)

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
Re: 9-22 C3 presents the Sion sux September Tournament Results
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2007, 05:18:19 PM »
Don't compliment me because I have no shit.  :psyduck:
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Holy F*ckin shit, my eyeballs
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2007, 05:52:35 PM »
I'm not showing you shit Nam. Seriously you just sit here and fucking argue with me everytime I bother to bring up shit with Hisui, always falling back on "that's how I play her". You already said you don't care enough to go out and look for resources on her to begin with, so I'm not even going to bother.

And yeah, my rushdown is sad right now, I got that the first time you said it, and the first time I said it. It wasn't even necessary as part of this discussion.

Eh?

I'm sorry. I didn't mean for it to sound condescending, and I especially didn't want to insult you. I was asking a favor, so what would I have to gain by insulting you beforehand. I honestly believe that you have the most experience with Hisui on the East Coast.

I quit trying to argue with you ever since my embarrassment with the whole [5]c mess. My last post wasn't an argument (or at least that wasn't my intention). I just really thought that she didn't have any good pressure, so when you come up and said stuff that contradicts what I thought was right, I did an introspection as to why I said the things I said, and I typed it all out without thinking about it. Upon re-read, I'm sorry about the analyzing of your pressure. I completely lost sight of what my point was, and it was pretty uncalled for.

But, I guess thats also a testament to our personalities, and where we are right now. I'm much more defensive. I don't want to put myself in the fray so much because I still have a blockstring that worked when charged 5C was unstoppable in my eyes. It still comes automatically for me, so to offset that, I'd much rather keep my distance as long as my pots can give me.
Plus. This statement meant that no matter how sad you think you are, you're miles ahead of me in terms of what you know, and what tactics you use. Though, No johns, I'll get better than you the next time you come over here or I come over there.

Anyway, none of what I said has to change your mind. You can still be angry at me if you want, I'll find my own vids on my own time, but I want to make sure you realize why it is that I argue with you in the first place. I absolutely think that arguments are not bad things. I love playing the devil's advocate in arguments because it makes the other person defend their argument and make sure they actually know what they're talking about, and break misconceptions that one party might have. If I said one day that wakeup 2a was the greatest thing in the world, and no one decided to argue about it, nothing would change at all. And if I got insulted and angry every time someone did argue with me, then I wouldn't learn other points of view, and I couldn't grow as a player. In fact, I wanted the Hisui thread to be a forum for people to bounce ideas around, argue, defend their point till the bitter end. In fact that is what the word "Forum" originally meant before the internet took it as its own. That way, the points that can go past all the bullshit or misconceptions(like... iunno... [5]c being a good antiair) that the other points have are the ones that both parties truly understand. I firmly believe that this is the best way(alongside experience) to get a full understanding of the character. Do you understand?

Start by studying Chibi.
I believe thats what started him being angry at me.

Thats a lie and you know it!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 06:02:19 PM by AlmightyNam »

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2007, 06:41:06 PM »

ORLY
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2007, 07:29:18 PM »
You don't need to play Devil's Advocate because all the work has already been done. Hisui really has evolved since ver. A, and the Japanese continue to develop her. I've recently seen vids of her where she's seemingly tech punishing into the corner from midscreen. That's scary shit.

So you don't need to argue that 5C is an anti air because it's already known to be bad. You don't need to argue that 2A is bad because it's always been bad. I constantly get on your case (and other people) because I went through allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lll that shit because I did alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll that shit. I get mad because at this point because you really are just arguing with me, though I can understand why it seems like I'm full of myself, what with my track record not being all that hot. I'm super bad at getting my point across because I'm trying to keep people from misinforming other people, but I stupidly keep at it anyway. Go figure.

:p
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2007, 07:37:29 PM »
Don't ORLY me ehrik, my sig denotes I'm least coast vakiha, thus indirectly inversely being the least vakiha this coast has. See?
 :mystery:
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 27, 2007, 07:53:22 PM »
Chibi should try shutting up and smashing faces  ;D. Even I managed to spend less time on smack-talking/preaching and more on stepping it up.
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2007, 09:04:12 PM »
Basically Chibi, I don't know anything that has been established because the Hisui subforum has pretty much no discussion. I've been going on instinct and what I've seen as effective. The only times we've ever argued is because I was the one who said something based off of my experiences. You never said anything to advance the knowledge of the Hisui community except in response to what I said, and you say it really angrily, which makes people think you're full of yourself like you already said. And then we argue, and I defend my argument as best I can, and when it falters, I learn something. If you don't want arguments to occur, either just shut up and keep all your experiences to yourself, which I hope you don't do, or let out all your experiences for everyone to learn from. You say things are established I never heard of or even cautioned against till last Saturday, and if they were established, why wouldn't they be in a place specifically for playing the character?

What I'm trying to say is, no one makes any claims about Hisui except me. My claims are pretty much always wrong, but thats the only way I am able get some discussion about my character. Start discussion about Hisui on your own, Chibi, so we all can learn from it. Don't just retaliate from what I say.

By the way, I fixed The two problem vids, and boy were they a pain in the ass. My computer blue screened a total of 4 times trying to encode Rei vs BB hood, and frankly, It wasn't worth it but its done, so what can you do  :-\. I'll try to do one more real vid today before I go to sleep.

Chibi should try shutting up and smashing faces  ;D. Even I managed to spend less time on smack-talking/preaching and more on stepping it up.
Well I don't think so, all these arguments are very educational for me.

Edit: Front page is updated.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 09:08:44 PM by AlmightyNam »

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 27, 2007, 09:18:42 PM »
Basically Chibi, I don't know anything that has been established because the Hisui subforum has pretty much no discussion. I've been going on instinct and what I've seen as effective. The only times we've ever argued is because I was the one who said something based off of my experiences. You never said anything to advance the knowledge of the Hisui community except in response to what I said, and you say it really angrily, which makes people think you're full of yourself like you already said. And then we argue, and I defend my argument as best I can, and when it falters, I learn something. If you don't want arguments to occur, either just shut up and keep all your experiences to yourself, which I hope you don't do, or let out all your experiences for everyone to learn from. You say things are established I never heard of or even cautioned against till last Saturday, and if they were established, why wouldn't they be in a place specifically for playing the character?

What I'm trying to say is, no one makes any claims about Hisui except me. My claims are pretty much always wrong, but thats the only way I am able get some discussion about my character. Start discussion about Hisui on your own, Chibi, so we all can learn from it. Don't just retaliate from what I say.

dustloop has like the same problem

ppl are all like "oh that's been known forever" but it's not posted anywhere.  pretty brilliant stuff

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #108 on: September 27, 2007, 09:29:03 PM »
Well if that's the case what the fuck did you think you were doing making a guide in the forum to begin with?

Honestly I'd rather be the mod of the damn forum but Tom thinks otherwise so I say fuck it.

I'm not hiding anything if anyone asks, but I'm not going to bother just posting everything I know as the THIRD guide in that forum. I had one ready but that was shot after the SECOND time you put it up and I had to argue with Numakie. Some of you people have the completely wrong mindset when playing this game anyway, and I'm not about to go out of my way to fix it. Live and learn. At this point I'm not comfortable enough to say that I fully DESERVE to put up a such guide anyway, seeing as how I lost to you and Numakie, so whatever.

So yeah, I'm taking Zar's advice now.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 09:32:07 PM by Master Chibi »
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 27, 2007, 09:54:40 PM »
Your temper is whats stopping you from being a mod. You can't get angry at people just because they disagree with you, no matter how wrong they really are.

I made that Guide to start up some conversation. Simple as that, because otherwise it was "choosing pots". If you want to make a guide, go right ahead, and I'll get Mizuki to wipe mine from existence.

Anyway, in the mean time, I'm going to make my outrageous claims, throughout the forums, and I'm counting on you to tell me I'm stupid, especially if I actually am.

Finally, Zar, you are fucking awesome. You finish your matches quick, and never lose, which means I don't have to encode as much. I think everyone should take a lesson from him. When you win your first match, win your fucking second match, so I don't have to go through hell that all you three matchers have been giving me.  >:(

Zar's Vid will be up momentarily.

Edit: Zar's vid is up. Okay, should I bold the winner in the links or would that be just redundant because we already have the brackets up?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 10:08:37 PM by AlmightyNam »

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2007, 12:07:49 AM »
So yeah, I'm taking Zar's advice now.
::)

Lies. A million bucks says you be back to ranting by tomorrow.

Quote from: AlmightyNam
Okay, should I bold the winner in the links or would that be just redundant because we already have the brackets up?
Check it....

For the winner you should throw in some big-ass 50point, scrolling, animated, bold font of the winners name with dancing bright-colored text that trails behind it and  reads: "YOU GOT PWND BY (name here), MUTHAFWAKKAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!"

.....then throw in a cut scene w/ a fist punching the screen  :o  8)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 12:09:25 AM by ZARtacus! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2007, 03:02:10 AM »
honestly chibi...... stop talking... and start winning... cuse it's obvious ranting won't get ya first.....

Nam...any vids up yet of me..... cuse dammit i need to see em.....
Basically... kind of a big deal....

Offline KomagPHL

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2007, 07:02:22 AM »
.....then throw in a cut scene w/ a fist punching the screen  :o  8)

is MB turning into HnK?

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 28, 2007, 07:45:54 AM »
A... Apparantly...

And to Nas, Tell Ehrik. I am doing the winners bracket and he's doing the losers. When I'm finished with the winners and you still don't have any vids, yours will be the first ones I do. In the mean time, you do have Nas vs Tiamat...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 07:48:59 AM by AlmightyNam »

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2007, 07:57:11 AM »
is MB turning into HnK?

I wish  ;D

And to Nas...In the mean time, you do have Nas vs Tiamat...

I posted on another page about it Nas...stop doing 623C as an anti air, after watching that match the risk vs reward on it seems totally fucked since not only is it air blockable, by you may even miss completely. 

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 28, 2007, 08:04:24 AM »
is MB turning into HnK?

I wish  ;D

And to Nas...In the mean time, you do have Nas vs Tiamat...

I posted on another page about it Nas...stop doing 623C as an anti air, after watching that match the risk vs reward on it seems totally fucked since not only is it air blockable, by you may even miss completely. 

i know it's not...im thinking psyhic DP ... but not doing well... it's just a dumb trick anyways... and i let my instincts get the best of me....

Offline Harem

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • bubz
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2007, 10:35:25 AM »
All I can say is MD/VA rubs off on me reaaaaal easy.

No homo...?  :slowpoke:

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2007, 10:52:22 AM »
Don't ORLY me ehrik, my sig denotes I'm steep coast vakiha, thus indirectly inversely being the most breastless vakiha this coast has. See?
 :mystery:

fixed
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2007, 04:04:20 PM »
I just watched my match with chibi and it is fucking amazing

next time I go to C3 I'll be sure to practice at least a little bit beforehand...cannot believe how horrible that was

Offline Millionz

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2007, 06:04:31 PM »
Sorry for not entering this one guys.  I heard all the big names would be at this one Chibi, LK, etc., so I was a little less motivated to get my ass beat hahaha.  Even with Nas offering to pay my entrance fee.  I'll enter the next one for sure.  At least I got top 3 in T5DR  :fap:

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 29, 2007, 06:09:21 AM »
did ya? awesome sir... TEAM MARIOPARTY ON THE RISE

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 29, 2007, 08:28:16 AM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KNUIcYq0-4U

Nam vs MTFighter

MTfighter, learn the wall slam combos, and stop using 3b D:

Nam you should probably stop distancing yourself and spamming pot for oki. D:

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2007, 09:02:25 AM »
Probably... But this match was right after fighting B.B. Hood, and I just have a deathly fear of Arcs. I'll probably watch chibi's match to see how he dealt with her, and integrate tactics that I like, though I think the best tactic against Arcs are simply to not get hit.

B.B.Hood Vs Nam

In the first match, I wasn't using a pelican, and everything seemed to be coming out late, but... iunno... I just plain sucked this whole vid.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2007, 10:03:27 AM »
Hey Nam, what program did you use to design the brackets and do you know of any software that has a randomizer that can sort names?

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2007, 11:02:11 AM »
mt fighter is awesome lol