When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: BBG Results Thread: Battle by THE GAZEBO SIX! Results 8/2 <<  (Read 37398 times)

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
omg liek that zaelar guy is so ugly lol lol lo....wait a second.............T.T

Aside from the mislabel very nice editing.  Simple labels that are easy to read and don't get in the way are exactly what I like to see.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 12:23:49 AM by Zaelar »

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
Damn, Sp00ky's video mixup is too strong. Your supposed to wait 3mths before you ul a vid!! (or never bother to release it). All jokes aside though, good stuff getting the matches up and out of the way in a timely fashion. The text add libs were hilarious too. Very nice choice on text font as well. Everything was clear and easy to see (as far as the text goes). Now we need a way to reduce glare on the monitor for better visual (go, outdoor events  :emo:) Also, thanks for randomly putting up the "Tinshi wants to run a freakin' MB singles at the last minute" tournament footage. Completely forgot about that.

*Matches added to first post!!!*

Comments on Singles/Teams footage:

Spooky: damn, bruh. Vsion's def sucks. Makoto did at most two full bnbs per rd. and some random throws and hits here and there then you were just dead  ???. The biggest F'up though was not watching your meter when MS was clinging to his dear life. Tried to go for ex combo w/o the meter. Gotta stop auto piloting that combo and make those last second, clutch decisions.

Rithli: nice aoko there, Mr. I Dont Play This Gaym. You have an good understanding of how to move around w/ her where you have most of the other US Aokos run around w/o heads  :P. Mess around w/ her other setups so I can learn what its like to be on the receiving end of it and remember: ....Aoko has THREE jumps lol *looks at team game footage*

Dessert Coffin/Vizard: Hit up that training mode and drone out combos as well as practice movement. You guys better beast at the next event!

Master Chibi: meh, you know what to keep practicing at...

Zaelar: holy fuck, lets never speak of this bbg...ever. The quality of the match overall was atrocious. Lots of dropped bnbs/choking, taking poor, random risks - it was just awful. Left a bad taste in my mouth (no homo) like with my match vs Xaq at Nec8 (which never happened too btw  :mystery:). You took some braveheart risks with the 2d's. Never seen you play like that before. What was up w/ that? Also you gotta get up on the 4way street mixups. Throw into corner shenanigans are still cool but 4way would be good to throw in your game as well. Hit up CLMovie vids, he runs that shit all day.

edit: oh yeah....team and abk rep files , GOOOOO.

Zar: Damn dude, youre the master of dropping CH hits into 2c followups lol *looks at nec8 vs arly*. Got way too many chances but still managed to get lucky. Learn how to space properly and use good judgment when choosing a CH followup. Unfortunately theres no real way to practice for this in training mode so you'll have to learn through match exp. Keep your eyes open and keep at it.

GGs to everyone. Here's to lvl'ing up for the next Battle by THE GAZEBO.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 02:32:33 AM by ZARtacus! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
4-way sucks.  It just looks scary.

Offline Raoh Punches Faces

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Kinnikubuster Bathroom Blow Up
    • View Profile
dont worry zar next hobo tourn ill bring the bentos!!! i've allready stepped her up from saturday's tourn ...i keeped doing stupid shit which totally didn't help..when do you think you will be running the next one?

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
Put a trap card in the bento for maximum animay.

Offline Rayza

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 85
  • Lexus LFA
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter account
Singles Vid:

http://teamspooky.com/content/?p=45

teams:
http://teamspooky.com/content/?p=47

"I won't subject you to the cruelty of watching these kids mash 2a better than us." That got more than a quiet chuckle from me, good shit I really need to drive up to NY for one of these.
Follow me @MisterRayza for updates on my streams.

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
Zaelar are you sure? I'm pretty sure 4way won Brandino NEC8.
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~

lol

Brandino didn't play any EC cats at NEC, that's what won him the tourney.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
Scary is enough to win sometimes, especially in America.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!

lol

Brandino didn't play any EC cats at NEC, that's what won him the tourney.

Hey, we played Zar/Spooky and XAQ/Dipstick in the team tournament. I had to pull through and win (which was a fluke). LordKnight and myself beat both Zar and Spooky (which was also a fluke). As far as the singles tourney goes...Clearly a fluke!!!

Brandino winning NEC8 was a fluke!!!  :toot:

This isn't the first time I heard that one.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 03:28:51 PM by NotBrandino »
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Go ahead and get mad Brandinoli.

Did you play Zar, Zaelar, or Spooky in singles?

No you didn't.

Xaq and Dippy were trash at that tourney.

But hey, thanks for listening guy~
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline rashreflection

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
holy shit everyone in this argument is gay and should practice gasoline-huffing combos

Offline rashreflection

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
guys seriously if you wanna hype shit up learn to do it like REAL niggas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeXDJzaoIzE

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
Lord Knight beating Zar was the biggest fluke of the entire team tournament at NEC8. You play that match 20 times and you're lucky if Lord Knight wins twice, especially given how badly he was playing that day.

Xaq and Dippy were trash at that tourney.

lolwut. You are literally the last person on this messageboard who should be making such a judgment.

And if you're really basing that statement on my performance in the team tournament, you're dumber than I thought. Unless Lord Knight, bell, and Choco were all playing down to my level (or far, far below it).

Never mind the screwy subplot of Brandino winning two majors and still getting zero respect whereas someone like jiyuna finishes 2nd and 3rd in two tournaments and he's the second coming of Jesus. Funny, that.

(If you're going to interpret that as a knock against jiyuna, you're being retarded here too. Well, other than his drinking habits during tournaments.)

Quote from: rashreflection
holy shit everyone in this argument is gay and should practice gasoline-huffing combos
TURN IT UP

The gay, that is.

PS: Chibi, you better come to Evo. You're going to get arped worse than a loli left alone at an Arcana Heart gathering.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
Hey, we played Zar/Spooky and XAQ/Dipstick in the team tournament. I had to pull through and win (which was a fluke). LordKnight and myself beat both Zar and Spooky (which was also a fluke). As far as the singles tourney goes...Clearly a fluke!!!

Wait wait wait, is this nigga SERIOUSLY still talking shit? You want another money match, son?

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
Wait wait wait, is this nigga SERIOUSLY still talking shit? You want another money match, son?
How about you beat him in a tournament for fucking once. D:
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
Brandino, can you make it to California in July? American Melty or WTXIII?

O_O
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Truthfully I barely remember anything on that Sunday Dippy, I had an ugly head cold (which turned into a fever the next day) and I was much more into Arcana for the that time period (thanks to the console release two months prior) so I didn't even bother practicing for MB.

I was just surprised that he brought up your name along with Xaq's, seeing as well, Xaq was definitely in GG mode at that point, and well, this is YOU we're talking about.

:toot:
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
Xaq was definitely in GG mode at that point
Man, that shit made me sad...because after my match with him (which never happened btw) I pretty much knew he was done with melty.

Dear Zaelar,

WHERE ARE THE TEAM EVENT REPLAYS AND AKATSUKI BLITZKAMPF REEEPPPPPSSSSS!!!   :emo: :emo: :emo:

...Oh, and lol at any single-game results ever. (yes, im aware that this is what bbg advocates too)
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile

WHERE ARE THE TEAM EVENT REPLAYS AND AKATSUKI BLITZKAMPF REEEPPPPPSSSSS!!!   :emo: :emo: :emo:

I uh....hey look over there!  /runs away

...Oh, and lol at any single-game results ever. (yes, im aware that this is what bbg advocates too)

Yeah, stupid Japanese tournaments.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!

...What?

O_O

Well I just got orders to go to North Carolina August 8th so I might have to use some of my leave to make it to EVO this year assuming I outprocess that day so EVO's still up in the air. AMC is out for me since its in July and I'm still in tech school. So if you have WTXIII after EVO towards the end of August or sometime in September and if I can find someone to house me then yeah I'll show.

Edit: Not to be rude or anything, but it just sounds a bit random that I'm being asked to come out to California. I would love to come out there actually, but its really up to the timing of WTXIII and the timing that I get to my first base.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 01:10:22 PM by NotBrandino »
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
Re: BBG Results Thread: Battle by THE GAZEBO 4 Results -- 6/21 --
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2008, 09:35:19 AM »

O_O
Damn, Arly. Don't you know thats how you get shot up in this thread talking that WT stuff? E's up, W's down (lol j/k). PM him next time or something, k.  ;)

(results are up)

Anyhow, despite the dwindling number of entries we are getting, BBG4 was still hot to death! By far the most entertaining and hilarious of the 4 (It was just TOO RANDOM). GG's to you all - had lots of fun and laughs. Need more and MORE casuals next time.

Kamina: damn, that kouma is getting serious. I learned a lot about how his stagger, delay and throw string yomi works from you. (I can watch jp matches and finally understand how they get away w/ certain things). Those airthrow attempts are mad gdlk and on point more than half the time...too bad you dont END YOUR COMBOS WITH THEMMMM.  :emo: Keep that in mind for the next time around. You getting good on stick too.

Vizard: Dude...you got owned...freeeee. Lol I knew it was a matter of time before it was going to happen. Oh well, live and learn  :teach:. Hopes to you not repeating the same mistake....ever....again. (im so not talking about mb btw lol)

DesertCoffin: ......................man,
FUCK HISUI!You need to just stick with that Sionion and make foolz cry over 5k damage (see the play on words I did there?... :-X). You have a lot of potential to unlock w/ that char- just stick w/ her a bit longer and see how it goes

MakotoScrub: lol excellent akiha v aoko sets with you, sir. I had fun scraping gum off the bottom of Akihas LOAFERS lol. Whats your condition as far as being able to play MB? Would like to see you progress w/ Akiha but unfortunately no means for practice :sadface:

SumAznDude: ...Once you jack into THE MATRIX for koha vids, your shit will be much tighter. Had Zaelar going there for a minute but theres quite a bit of stuff you still dont understand about the engine and the char. I'll send you some vids in the future for you to watch in your free time. Good shit on top4.

Tinshi: you too random for  :blah:. Stop trying to play 5 games at once and focus on mb plz! (this will never happen =( ).

KDZ: Nanaya? Warc? GTFO plz. Better rep that Sion (or AOKO  :o) so you dont get bodied next time. Good shit to you and Maestro for coming through and supporting the MB bum-fest. Next BBG im trying to set up some SRS BDNSS so you foolz try and make that too, k.

Master Chibi: Stop losing to Zaelar

Zaelar: Stop losing to me. And thanks for helping out as usual.

Wun

...btw BBG5 is going to be SRS BDNSS if I (and fellow community memebers) can get things to fall into place. I'll get back to youse on dat ASAP in BBG meetup thread.

Offline Anakron

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • what is this I don't even
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2008, 11:19:23 AM »
Man, someone's gotta teach me how to play this game.  :-[

I only figured out how to activate heat during casuals.  :slowpoke: Maybe I should pickup a better character as well.

Also, thanks to everyone that let me borrow their stick that day. Next time you play me though, can you guys tell me wtf I'm doing wrong and tips and shit? I can't netplay this so I'm kind of left in the dark.  :psyduck:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 12:17:58 PM by Anakron »

Offline Raoh Punches Faces

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Kinnikubuster Bathroom Blow Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2008, 12:50:40 PM »
zar i allready moved back to my main girl Sion..i seriously felt horrible playing hisui for 2 tourns and not letting my Sion sSHine her black barrel replica!!!  im to much a Sion fanboy !!! just find it hard to get in on certain chracters

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2008, 02:49:39 PM »
Good seeing everyone again. (except those damn kids, lol)

Zar: If you want, let me know the days you're free and we'll try to get some games going since my work schedule is light.

GG's once again and I hope to keep you foo's looking at Akiha's thigh highs. :x
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt