hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: BBG7 Results: The stairs have been officially climbed!  (Read 23849 times)

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
BBG7 Results: The stairs have been officially climbed!
« on: August 23, 2008, 09:08:53 PM »
MB: (24 entrants)

1 Jiyana (noone)
 2 Lord Knight (Zar/Jiyuna)
 3 Zar The Biscuit (Jiyuna/LK)
 4 Gaylar (Jiyuna/LK)
 5 Sphyra (LK/Gaylar)
 5 Master Chibi (Zar/LK)
 7 Spooky (Zar/Sphyra)
 7 Brandon L (Jiyuna/LK)
 9 PBJ
 9 Cyblade
 9 Kirby
 9 Scrubber Ducky
13 Rayza
13 Sum Azn Dude
13 Boad
13 Sabisu
17 Josh Ballard
17 DesertCoffin
17 Knightroad
17 MakotoScrub
17 Zero
17 Chris F
17 AntiShoto
17 RobY2k

Blitz: (17 entrants)

1 Rithli (Zaelar)
 2 Jiyana (Rithli/Rithli)
 3 Tinshi (Jiyuna/Rithli)
 4 Gaylar (Jiyuna/Rithli)
 5 Zar The Biscuit (Tinshi/Rithli)
 5 Master Chibi (Zar/Gaylar)
 7 Cyblade (Tinshi/Rithli)
 7 Anakron (Josh/Chibi)
 9 Nas
 9 Josh Ballard
 9 AntiShoto
 9 RobY2k
13 DesertCoffin
13 Kirby
13 Sphyra
13 MakotoScrub (Forfeited)
17 Rayza

Big thanks to everyone there for making this a fun event.  Bigger thanks to those who traveled, and huge thanks to Spooky for providing shelter for them.  The godfather is undeniable.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 02:38:37 AM by Zaelar »

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Re: BBG7 Results: The stairs have been officially climbed!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 09:26:26 PM »
This was an absurdly fun tournament guys. Thanks to everyone for coming out, no matter where you're from. Zaelar and myself will have more planned in the future, so stay tuned.

Sphyra, your Hisui is pretty beast now, I got some catching up to do.

Lord Knight, your V. Akiha is a monster man, I remember when we used to be on equal footing, haha.

PBJ, liking your Akiha, keep it up.

Xaq, thanks for showing up man, means alot.

Tinshi, life sucks.

Brandino, we WILL get more QoH2k1 matches in, just you wait.

Thanks to everyone, looking foward to seeing you all in the months to come.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 12:42:17 AM »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 06:10:28 AM »
 :emo: :emo: :emo: :emo: :emo: :emo: :emo: :emo: :emo: :emo: :emo: :emo: :emo: :emo: :emo:
215-218-8244

Offline Anakron

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • what is this I don't even
    • View Profile

Offline AntiShoto

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 07:40:57 AM »
...gay

I second that with a  :prinny: and a :slowpoke: of approval.

But yes, good turnaround, gg's to all, and (hopefully) see you all in the next event.

-AntiShoto-

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 08:24:46 AM »
...gay

That picture is all homo.

For the record Zaeler I did get 7th place losing to both Jiyuna and LordKnight

Off the record: Losing to both LK and Jiyuna has showed me two things. ECMB has been leveling up in the past half year and has showed me that within this past half year I'm WAY TOO far behind and rusty to be calling myself a top player ( I blame teh military  :emo: ). Now some never really said I was even a decent player at best and only wrote off my winnings as luck or me playing Ciel. To those people that think that...they'll see whats up in future tourneys. To people who still think I'm a decent/good player, thanks and I'll still be striving to become the best of the best and continue to improve. After all that being said...NEC WILL BE MINE, JIYUNA!! IT WILL BE MINE!  >:( <---- Hype man

Back ON the record: Shout outs to Zar for running THE MOST HYPE EVENT IN THE GAZEEBO!!! LordKnight for housing me for the weekend, Spooky for letting us chill and beast on dat PAPA JOHNS, Josh aka RashReflection for showing up out of OHIO (lol) and hanging out with us, PBJ_Mixxa for showing up (Liking your Akiha btw keep it up) and for anyone else that showed up.

Lets really show niggas whats up at NEC9 and bet it I WILL be back for vengeance   >:( <---- hype face...again!

Edit: Chibi, Jewpuncher would not allow us to play QoH 2K1  :( .  We'll most def get some games in if not SB3 then NEC9
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 07:59:25 AM by NotBrandino »
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline Curbeh

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 259
  • Irresistible
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 09:36:52 AM »
That was mad fun guys, thanks for having me in NY for BBG7. I had a real good time.

The games were fun but, it was especially nice meeting you all in real life:

Zar
Thanks for hosting this I had a real good time. Unfortunatly we did not get to play but I'll show you the results of (soon to be) WORLDSBESTWARC grinding later~

Jiyuna
Watch out World Champ, I'll catching up. Nice meeting you, I hope we get the chance to play later

Chibi
Nice meething you too man. I hope we have the opportunity to play more some other time

Zaelar
Your Ciel is strong hype fuel man! I hope we get a chance to play!

Spooky
I didn't get to talk to you much man. Looks like it was pretty hype at your place after BBG, maybe I will add to the hype if there is more space at another BBG (if this kind of thing happens again). Thanks and hope to play with you some other time

Makoto
Another person I didn't get to talk to much, hope to see you at another tourny some time some place.

Kenny
Nice meeting you, that red bean bread at the bakery was mad good man. Hope to see you some other time.

Zero
Sorry for hoging your controller man, see you again.

Siblade
Lets play IaMP again someother time lol, see you later

Brandino
RIN, Even after all this time your Ciel is still strong man. Lets play some more (netplay if you have time) at another tourny some time. Untill then.

Baod
Nice meeting you man, hope to 0 delay with you again.

Tinshi
Bus tourny? That... is hype! Lets to it! lol hope to see you again sometime.

For the rest of you:
Kamina don't be late again, LK lets play again 0 delay sometime, Zan you bum, Night taking of early is antihype, Reece you bum you should have come, rayza see you at C3 hopefully.

NY is not bad, thanks for having me but, you guys should see me in the subs sometime  :V
Untill next time
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 06:41:06 PM by Kirby_sama »
They can't get enough of me

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 09:54:55 AM »
Can we rename these events to Fighting At The Gazebo?
215-218-8244

Offline Raoh Punches Faces

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Kinnikubuster Bathroom Blow Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 10:23:21 AM »
i had fun again!!!!! it was great seeing people come out from mad far and nice meeting you guys. hopefully see you all next time.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 01:17:29 PM »
Can we rename these events to Fighting At The Gazebo?

Gazebo Action?  Yes!

Anti-shoto, can you upload an image of the brackets from your laptop?

Offline linalys

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 02:13:07 PM »
Can't you guys just leave it was Broke Back Gazebo?
<Xenozip> actually i think miyako was intuitive for linalys
<Xenozip> simple because his playstyle is.. well..
<Xenozip> linalys
<Xenozip> true chaotic

Offline rithli

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
    • View Profile
    • chloe4am
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2008, 02:18:22 PM »
This was an awesome event.

A Blitztank-sized thanks to Zar for making this happen and also to Spooky for taking care of the out-of-state guests. Thanks to everyone that showed up and participated in the Akatsuki tournament. It was good seeing everyone, old and new.  :toot: :toot: :toot:

(EC is so homo)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 02:34:02 PM by rithli »

Offline Rayza

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 85
  • Lexus LFA
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter account
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2008, 06:38:28 PM »
My main shout out goes to Sp00ky, for being awesome and giving me floor space and a blanket. Rest of you know what's up on IRC already (and Desert Coffin, Zaelar, Brandon and anyone else I talked to was mad cool too, for those who don't go to that IRC.)
Follow me @MisterRayza for updates on my streams.

Offline Sphyra

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Mind Over Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 05:57:46 AM »
I'm going to keep this short cause I'm lazy, but I'll pretend it's because I'm tired.

Big thanks to Spooky for having the most accommodating floor in all of NY, you're a hero. Really sucked you had to camp all this time at the station on Friday for us, but next time I won't be telling you what time I get there to make sure you won't come waste 5 hours on my traffic. Also sorry for killing you again.

Zar. You are melty blood. You never fucking stop. Keep going though, you're going to take over the world with BBGs.

World Champion Jiyuna didn't seem as drunk as I expected him to be. Good shit nonetheless with that Nanaya, the Best of the Best Kouma and a GRAND FINALS BLITZTANK. Where can I buy a Japanese loli like yours?

Boad CANADIA UNITE! Lets show these fools we don't need friends to be good at melty.

Chibi! Better keep up cause I'm just getting started with Hisui. Next time we'll be playing for ICE CREAM.

Glad I made it down to NY again, awesome event. Only on the east coast do you get exciting shit like maid hisui lead mirror teriyaki matches, hisui vs aoko in top 8, and money matches where the same 5 bucks goes from hands to hands to end up where it began and nobody winning anything. Fucking hype!
Don't give in to astonishment!

Offline Anakron

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • what is this I don't even
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2008, 11:10:27 AM »
When's the next one? I swear I'll come early this time.  :psyduck:

Offline jiyuna

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • NETPLAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2008, 12:00:45 PM »
World Champion Jiyuna didn't seem as drunk as I expected him to be.

I was supressing my power level so sp00ky wouldn't get kicked out of his place for noise complaints >:(

I'll write up shoutouts tonight after I finish off that 8$, ultra bottom shelf vodka  :toot: :toot:
NETPLAY

Offline rashreflection

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2008, 12:05:37 PM »
brandino needs to learn that this ain't all official like DOA or Smash

like this coalition shit what the fuck thats not how i roll

back in the day for guilty gear i was a part of something called "team serious" but it was just an informal group of friends.  i imagine team spooky and whatever else are the same way.  there's no roster and no million-dollar contracts here.  so constantly bringing up the coalition irl seems real out of place.

basically what i'm trying to say is chill the fuck out.  for example, play casuals on stick, because nobody gives a flying fuck who wins or loses in casuals, so you can use that as an opportunity to level up and eventually get comfortable with it.  same goes for any new/risky tactics you're unsure of.  casuals are not about "playing to win" so much as "playing to learn".

and saying all this stuff to defend yourself when nobody's actually even attacked you just encourages people to go after you, because they know you're the easiest nigga to troll.  it's like poker or politics - you never want to show weakness!

i get that you've actually been in "the scene" (i.e. going to tournaments) less than a year, so this is all understandable.  i've gone through a lot of the same things myself, so i'm just trying to explain how shit actually works.  it seems like you ARE beginning to grasp things, though. =)

best wishes,
josh.

Offline pbj_mixxa

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • LOLI-DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2008, 03:33:02 PM »
ok, let me clarify something about "The Coalition"

@Josh:
The "EC/MW Coalition" (hereby referred to as "the coalition") is just something that me/Silent Shinobi/Brandino came up with as a hype squad of sorts.  We call it "The Coalition" to add to the hype (as well as us not having come up with an official team name coz we're soooooooooooo damn lazy!).  "The coalition" isn't even an official team... we're just a bunch of hype MB players who reside in the EC/MW area.  If that ain't how you roll, no-one's forcing you to be a part of "the coalition". Also, if it bothers you that we bring it up irl, truth be told... no-one cares coz no-one knows or cares what "the coalition" is!  (I can't believe I had to fucking EXPLAIN "the coalition" like it even matters!)

ok, now that that's done, here's my props list:

Sp00ks:  Great seeing you again, man.  Thanks a lot for letting me stay at your crib for the weekend and thanks for being such a great host.  Also, thanks for giving me some advice on how to up my game.  (Oh, and thanks for cleaning up my laptop.  It runs waaaaaaaay better now!  ;D)

Zar: Ugh... we played way too many casuals (well... more like, you raped me in way too many casuals!).  Thanks for all the fun matches, all the matchup exp, and all the great lessons you taught me.  I'ma step my game up even more now.

Jiyuna: Man, you shouldn't have even added that extra condition on the $3.  There's no way I was going 0-2... you know that!  Great seeing you again and ggs. 

Brandino: BUY A FUCKING STICK ALREADY, DAMMIT!  Make sure you dust off the rust before we face off at NEC (or SB3 if you decide to go).

Josh:  Good seeing you again, man.  You best get MADD hungry coz we gon take NEC teams!  >:(

Chibs: We running that shit back at NEC!  Akiha is not satisfied!  >:(

Canadians:  Nice meeting you guys and good shit coming out.  Now... GET TO HYPING UP MB IN CANADIA!!!

LK:  You need to lighten up, man.  Don't take everything I say so seriously... I mean... I rarely am serious at anything outside of FGs!  Good shit getting 2nd and great seeing you again after almost a year.

Alls I can say about EC is... Y'ALLS MADDDDDDDDDDDD HYPE!!!  Keep that shit up!  Stay hungry... stay hype!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 05:50:57 PM by pbj_mixxa »
I like pi!

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
  • Magic Circuits: 46
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2008, 09:36:13 PM »
Thanks a lot to everyone who came out. Sorry for being a crappy host as usual. Expect the vids in a week or so.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 02:10:28 AM »
You're a great host, just a little  >:(.

http://www.meltybread.com/forums/index.php?topic=1793.0

Please check out the above for anyone that is interested in future bbg events.

Offline rashreflection

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2008, 09:41:12 AM »
Now then, to shoutouts!

Spooky - Thanks once again for hosting and everything else you've done for us!  That match against Sphyra was great as well.  And we can't forget Ninja Warriors!

Zar - Damn that Aoko scares me.  Enjoyed our matches, and I know you'll come back strong next time!

Sphyra - I had briefly seen you play at NEC, but had no idea how good you actually were.  Good stuff in the tourney, and I liked watching your matches with Zar as well.

Baod - Too bad we didn't get to play much, but it was nice meeting you.  Just gotta get your execution on point.

Jiyuna - This was your weekend, holy crap.  Great job in tournament and Kouma mirror match beasting.  Blitzkampf is fun, I should actually play it. =P

Lord Knight - The biggest surprise of this tourney for me.  You've stepped it WAY the hell up since I'd last seen you play, much respect!  Also I like watching items Brawl. :3

Chibi - Good seeing you again as always.  With SNK right now I think we'll just have to focus on 98UM, maybe a couple older games if that.  I mean hell if CvS2 and ST are gonna die, I don't think RB2 can survive.

Zaelar - Props on beating Sphyra, and many thanks for helping to run things!

pbj - You own, end of story.  Leveling up in Melty, too, I see...

Brandino - You know I've still got the no homo <3 for ya, bro.  See you at SB3!

Sorry if I forgot anyone!  This was a fun weekend even though these weren't my serious games.  LOVE the outdoor setup - wish you could do that with other games besides PC doujins...

Thanks again,
Josh.

Offline baod

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2008, 04:19:23 PM »
I'm too lazy to write out shoutouts so thanks to everyone for showing up and making this a great event. Special thanks to spook for letting us sleep over.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2008, 07:11:33 PM »
I'm too lazy to write out shoutouts so thanks to everyone for showing up and making this a great event. Special thanks to spook for letting us sleep over.
^ what he said
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2008, 12:52:03 AM »
Shoutouts are too gay for gaylar.