When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: BBG9 :: Singles AND 4v4 Teams Upped!! + BBGazebo Channel (Youtube) Is Bangin'!!  (Read 6012 times)

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
Here's a playlist for the BBG9 singles tourney:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=ADB066559D32D581

Each vid provides an annotation link, so if you feel like spamming the screen with  :blah: :blah: :blah:, feel free (I encourage it).

New BBG event videos will be uploaded here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/bbgazebo

P.S. I'm having some technical difficulties with the Team Tourney footage, so those'll be a little late. For the time being, enjoy these vids.

Singles (8 Total)
Jiyuna, Master Chibi, SumAznDude, Nas, Rithli, Anakron, Zar, Bmoney (formerly KILLERBOB[from the grocery store])

One Game, Single Elimination Format

Standings
1] Zar (Wei, Mari)
2] Nas (Fritz)
3] Rithli (Kanae)
3] Jiyuna (Murakumo)
8]SumAznDude (Akatsuki)
8] Anakron (Soldat)
8] Bmoney (Soldat)
8] Master Chibi (Anonym)

SumAznDude
Rithli                   Rithli

Nas
Nas
Master Chibi
        Nas

Zar
Zar
Anakron
              Zar

Zar
Bmoney
Jiyuna
                Jiyuna

BSOD Count: 1

Wei Gay Jokes: Too many  ::)

4v4 Team Event Results  :mystery:

Players could not use any characters they selected in the prior singles event. Character lock was also enforced. Players stayed on until they lost a match. Last man standing wins it for the team!

Team X
SumAznDude (Murakumo)
Rithli (Adler)
Anakron (Murakumo)
Jiyuna (Sai)

Team O
Master Chibi (Tank)
Bmoney (Adler)
Nas (Soldat)
Zar (Mycale)

For a small turnout, I had a crap-load of fun at this event. Tournament matches were srs bsns. Hell, even the casual matches were pretty raw...so raw that my laptop had to BSOD.

The weather gods played nice yesterday and we were fortunate enough hold the event without getting our hype rained on. The staff, as usual, said nothing and seemed to be entertained by the whole ordeal lol (don't talk shit about Madden though).

Surprisingly there was only ONE BSOD on my laptop (hype-ass Jiyuna v Rithli match- brrrrnnn) and after that everything pretty much went as planned. Decided to lug my beat down speakers and $5 mic along with me for some classic Biscuit Commentary (sorry). Hope viewers enjoy the footage Rithli ups later.

Just so every knows this...Single Elim ABK is so damn nerve racking  :o. It's nothing like MBAC were players are regenerating life 3 times per round and feeling each other out in the process. You make about 4-5 mistakes in a round and you're pretty much done.

Heils

Anakron
Master of the COMPLETELY INVINCIBLE EX BOOM. Appreciate you showing up for the crash course. You did pretty good despite not having much prior experience. Hope you grab a copy of the game (if you dont already have one) and get at dem bootloops. Be sure to hit up the ABK channel for solid netplay games and I hope to see you again at BBGX.

Bmoney
Don't kill me, KILLERBOB(from the grocery store)!!! I wasn't really surprised to see you at this event lol. I can recall the long casual session we had a while back when we showed up at that LI event so I could tell you were really interested. Good to see you still hold the same spirits. Stay hungry for BBGX, mang and... try not to kill anyone. j/k

SumAznDude
Another one picking up the game mad fast. You're week1 aka is pretty beast. Get in some more match exp. and you'll have more people ranting soon. LEVEL THREEEEE! Fun hanging out as always and thanks for supporting the scene.

Nas
Stop playing BB, dammit lol. Good shit showing up to yet another BBG. Your Fritz is STONE SOLID (...). I know I'll see you fiending for games on IRC later so until then, sir. p.s. you and jiyuna got me pretty hype with those BB games yesterday.

Chibi
AH JEE SAAN. Thanks for showing. You play everything so whatever lol. Fun times hanging out and eating as always. Twin Goddesses rules! (we'll soon find this out).

Jiyuna
You cool beans, man. Always keeping the crowd hype or doing something random to keep things interesting. Thanks for being so damn hardcore and making these trips out to NY for some 8man tournaments lol. Dat EC hunger for poverty.

Rithli
Rithli is Rithli. Don't know where the community would be w/o you. Thanks for the big help with event. I never have to give you the ol' blahblah get hype speech. The plan for the next single elim bbg...don't get hit- Do EEEEET!

I suck at shoutouts and got lazy at the end lol sorry. Keep an eye out for vids and keep blitzin'!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 02:50:33 PM by ZARtacus! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Anakron

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • what is this I don't even
    • View Profile
Re: Battle By The Gazebo 9 :: Krack-Kampf Results & Heils!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 11:15:11 AM »
BBGX
Run back Sol vs Mari imo  :V

Of course I'll be there.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 12:40:53 PM »
BBGX
Run back Sol vs Mari imo  :V

Of course I'll be there.
lol yeah man, that match was toooo close. ABK single elim = brick shitting. I haven't had too much experience with this matchup but looking forward to learning it though.

On another note, the rithli group stayed up until 7am playing blitz. The last men standing were myself and rithli...we were pretty out of it- to the point where everything started to make little sense lol. We have a mess load of matches on his pc and I'll see if he's willing to compress and up some of the reps.
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 06:09:20 PM »
Seems like the event was hella hype.

I couldnt make it because I was at a party the night before on the upper east side and didnt sleep till about 1pm the day of.  :psyduck:

But I'll be sure to make it out to the next event. (I have to because my name is down on the reservations for the gazebo. lol)
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt

Offline jiyuna

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • NETPLAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 11:27:19 PM »
gj everyone who showed up; was a ton of fun just hanging out with everyone and playing some blitz.

looking forward to june 20th and datGAZEBO :toot:
NETPLAY

Offline Spidey

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 26
  • No homo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2009, 01:52:10 PM »
We need vids!!
Soko Darou

Offline rithli

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
    • View Profile
    • chloe4am
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 04:25:54 PM »
Super-kudos to everyone that showed up. The event was very enjoyable.
It's always a blast to hang out with the regulars in person and also getting to meet some players I haven't met before.
Single elimination Blitzkampf is Brutalkampf.

Also, thanks to those that came by the Rithlicave.
All-nighter Blitz + Foodings + Ao Oni Marathon + Miscellaneous Poverty Fighting Games = Major Damage.
Fun-fun weekend.  :prinny:

I'm going to try to have the vids up by this weekend. Meanwhile, keep Blitzin'.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 08:49:17 PM »
Yeah, single elim Blitz is fucking murder, holy shit.

:emo:
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 09:12:28 PM »
I couldnt make it because I was at a party the night before on the upper east side and didnt sleep till about 1pm the day of.  :psyduck:

But I'll be sure to make it out to the next event. (I have to because my name is down on the reservations for the gazebo. lol)
Take me next time, please! :emo: j/k

Don't sweat it, guy. I'm kinda thinking about running a BBG9.5 the week before BBGX anyway. I'll be sure to bug you if I can manage the time to make this go down. As for BBGX, I'm waiting it out until word gets out on the finalized date so we can promote the hell out of this event. I know it's going to take time though so whatever.

Keep in touch.

p.s. BROOMSTICK!

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 12:56:25 AM »
Ao Oni Marathon
THE HYPE OF THE NATION!
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Raoh Punches Faces

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Kinnikubuster Bathroom Blow Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 04:26:10 AM »
damn i wish i coulda made this !!!

Offline rithli

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • chloe4am
BBG9 Singles Videos + New Youtube Channel
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 01:52:38 PM »
Here's a playlist for the BBG9 singles tourney:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=ADB066559D32D581

Each vid provides an annotation link, so if you feel like spamming the screen with  :blah: :blah: :blah:, feel free (I encourage it).

New BBG event videos will be uploaded here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/bbgazebo

P.S. I'm having some technical difficulties with the Team Tourney footage, so those'll be a little late. For the time being, enjoy these vids.

Offline jiyuna

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • NETPLAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 03:55:38 PM »
hahaha these vids are gdlk.

And forget it...when I'm pitching, you ain't hitting NOTHIN'
NETPLAY

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 04:24:12 PM »
Lol Jiyuna was waiting forever and a day for that. I bet he gonna make that his ringtone or something.

Godly work you put in there, Rithli. The Ao Oni end was just....it made me.... :'(

Again, thanks to everyone that showed for this. If you missed out then...run it back, RUN IT BAAACK.  :toot:

Offline Spidey

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 26
  • No homo
    • View Profile
great vids, cant wait to see teams  ;D
Soko Darou

Offline rithli

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • chloe4am
Re: BBG9 :: Random 4:4 Teams
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2009, 11:14:11 AM »
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 02:36:07 PM by rithli »

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
These vids are SO HYPE!!!!

Thanks, Rithli. :toot:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 02:51:33 PM by ZARtacus! »