When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: EVO 2010 Results  (Read 58200 times)

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
Re: EVO 2010 Results
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2010, 08:27:29 PM »
Evo2k10 Finals.

GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline Tone

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • ain't no god in the sky, it's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2010, 09:13:22 PM »
no, that's the parcel that was left on team Evil Geniuses doorstep actually.  :D
da  only mb player in north bay, get hype!

Offline Spidey

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 26
  • No homo
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2010, 11:25:25 PM »
I liked Kusanagi's stick the best. 

hes making me an epic roa one <3

Here's a picture of me running it back at mahjong with Garu, or maybe this is when we were trying to teach LK how to play.  We were all drunk (as you can tell from the camera focus), and I don't really remember. 

Ahhh when were you in my room (@ komidol ofc)?! Niggas drinking my booze!
Soko Darou

Offline Spidey

• Spellcaster
  • No homo
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2010, 11:30:19 PM »
Also my pics of pre-evo grind at the resort and Caesers evo pics are up on my fb. I even got kusanagi to make a fb..lol

I only got to play a few people, sorry I played Vegas all week...I need to extend pre-evo grind next time mbaacc is at evo (LOL... :emo:)

Hey there is always NEC, its in Philly, and Id rather not be out in Philly at night so....more mb! Shout outs to people I hung out with and havent seen in awhile. You guys know who you are.
Soko Darou

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2010, 11:36:01 PM »
I liked Kusanagi's stick the best.  

hes making me an epic roa one <3

Here's a picture of me running it back at mahjong with Garu, or maybe this is when we were trying to teach LK how to play.  We were all drunk (as you can tell from the camera focus), and I don't really remember.  

Ahhh when were you in my room (@ komidol ofc)?! Niggas drinking my booze!

I was invited over by Garu and Ken to play mahjong bro and wound up draggin' LK/Zar/Fox with me at one point.  I was offered some of this coconut-vodka stuff but for the most part I stuck to my black label.  I think Ken/Chelsea/Hellmonkey bodied your stuff the most, I had 3-4 shots worth of that vodka.  People just started offering me alcohol I didn't know it was yours. 

Was hopin to play you spidey, but never got a formal introduction to you.  Sorry 'bout that.  
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 11:38:46 PM by Komidol »
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline Spidey

• Spellcaster
  • No homo
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2010, 11:44:08 PM »

I was invited over by Garu and Ken to play mahjong bro and wound up draggin' LK/Zar/Fox with me at one point.  I was offered some of this coconut-vodka stuff but for the most part I stuck to my black label.  I think Ken/Chelsea/Hellmonkey bodied your stuff the most, I had 3-4 shots worth of that vodka.  People just started offering me alcohol I didn't know it was yours. 

Was hopin to play you spidey, but never got a formal introduction to you.  Sorry 'bout that.  

I was kidding for the most part but the jp guys (HM included) paid for drinks. Ahhhh Zar was there too.....people trolling me left and right

weak kids only bodied one bottle of goose..lol
Soko Darou

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2010, 11:49:57 PM »
Yeah they were all drink this alcohol and I was all "okay."   :toot:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 11:52:06 PM by Komidol »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2010, 12:38:48 AM »
Someone get me either the huge group picture or one of the pictures Chelsea took of everyone congratulating Garu for taking first.  

I have a front page post to make.

(Also if you talk to Chelsea and he still wants to come back this year, to come to NEC XI in Dec)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 12:40:27 AM by LoliSauce »
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Beno~

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2010, 12:58:54 AM »
Shoutout to my Azusa figure for being Moe.

It was fun i went from scrub to slightly less scrub. It was nice meeting everyone

Offline FataCon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2010, 01:04:48 AM »
thumbs up to the norcal people who were able to make the trip. i wont do the individual shoutout thing, but thanks to everybody i met/played/hungout with. good stuff. EVO was fun, serious. i was just immensely tired.

@shardZ: we never finished our cripple battle.

also, damn you Beno  :toot:

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2010, 01:23:36 AM »
EVO was fucking awesome. But the Melty Community was even MORE awesome.

Shoutouts to Mizuki. Pretty much everything that could go wrong, did, and you still managed to keep that pool going strong. That was awesome shit.

Shoutouts to Lolisauce. Finally got to meet you. Amazingly nice guy, and you even helped me get in contact with sp00ky to get my Team Sp00ky shirt. And to top it all off, you looked like a normal dude. All this time I thought you'd look like some creepy ass pedo.

Stay godlike.

Shoutouts to Kusanagi. You get my vote for North American Melty Blood player of the year, (aka DA GAWD), you are absolutely fucking amazing. Cheering you on was the hypest moment of EVO for me. KU-SA! KU-SA! KU-SA! KU-SA! KU-SA! KU-SA! KU-SA! KU-SA! LETS-GO-MEXICO! LETS-GO-MEXICO! LETS-GO-MEXICO! LETS-GO-MEXICO!

Shoutouts to Red Rapper. That Melty rap was perfection defined. Only thing that got me more hyped then the melty rap was Kusa being DA GAWD.

Shoutouts to LK for proving U.S. is free.

Shoutouts to all the people with amazing fightstick art. You have inspired me. It is now my goal to make a custom stick with amazing stickart. I need to graduate from Pads.

Shoutouts to Bonkler for having a godly light-up Touhou stick. Definitely the best looking stick I saw at EVO, and thats saying something.

Shoutouts to Garu for stepping up to be the North American Melty Communitie's "Daigo" (aka the japanese guy we all fear, respect, and try our damnedest to beat at EVO tournies). If Melty makes it to EVO next year, you have to try and make it back to keep your title.

Shoutouts to Chelsea. IYOOOOO!

Shoutouts to Sp00ky. Ive wanted a Melty Blood shirt (that doesn't make me look like a pedo/pervert) for a long time, and thanks to you, I have one. Commentary was great too. GO TEAM SPOOKY!

Shoutouts to Bell. Because I love green cars.

Shoutouts to Xie. Because your too handsome.

Shoutouts to the entire top 8. Finals were awesome to watch, and cheering for you guys was wicked fun and mad hype.

Shoutouts to cough drops. Because too much hype can be painful.

Shoutouts to Zar and Fox. Thanks for NOT being my opponents in the pools, fighting you guys is a fucking death-sentence for someone like me.

Shoutouts to Ron. No clue who you are, but you handed me my ass on a silver platter in pools. Your F-Ries is mad solid. Respect dude.

Shoutouts to the Texas-de-Brazil. EASILY the best restaurant I've ever eaten at in my LIFE. PERIOD.

Shoutouts to EVO staff for allowing Melty Blood to be in the poll for players choice. Thanks again for letting us have a moment to shine.

Shoutouts to the SRK members who voted for Melty. Hopefully we didn't disappoint you guys.

Shoutouts to Type-Moon and ECOLE for making my favorite 2D fighting game.

Shoutouts to Abstract. Your the first human being ive ever played in MBAA that can land a combo that does more then 2000 damage. Thanks for taking my MBAA-ginity.

Shoutouts to Spidey. Im glad SOMEONE had a better H-Roa then my stupid ass. When BZB wasn't on the list of confirmed players, I was afraid I'd have to be the sole rep for H-Roa. That character is too good, he deserves better then me. Luckily, you were there to provide.

And most of all, Shoutouts to COREN. Best dude I met at EVO, and you helped me practice enough in casuals that i actually WON a couple games in pools. You talking about how you trolled Justin was some of the godliest shit I heard all EVO. Stay awesome, and keep reppin dat C-Roa. (also, that hat makes you look sexy. no homo.)

Peace out Melty-heads, and keep bringing the hype.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 01:35:46 AM by grandlordzero »
Why do I even bother going to EVO anymore.... D8

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2010, 02:50:44 AM »
Shoutouts to Lolisauce. Finally got to meet you. Amazingly nice guy, and you even helped me get in contact with sp00ky to get my Team Sp00ky shirt. And to top it all off, you looked like a normal dude. All this time I thought you'd look like some creepy ass pedo.

Stay godlike.

This made me laugh because it's the regular response I get from meeting online people for the first time.  "Wow, you're a lot more...normal than I expected." 

Good shit getting to meet you by the way.  I was looking forward to meeting you and ShinMasaki a lot, but somehow I barely got to hang out with you guys at all.  =<
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline MagnusXL

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • j.C Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2010, 02:57:46 AM »
How can you be considered normal when you're like 12 feet tall?
Honorary BC Player.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2010, 03:00:28 AM »
How can you be considered normal when you're like 12 feet tall?
Oh yeah, that's the other regular response I get from first time meetings.
---

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2010, 03:01:17 AM »
Yeay for Evo

And 5 dollar steak & eggs

Thanks to Duppy, Lolisauce, Chibi, sp00ky, bell for keeping the scene intact and the website running all this time.

Thanks to all of you who made it over and helped Melty make a respectable showing for the world to see.

I'm glad to meet so many of you who I've only known as just names or avatars and can now put a face to you guys.

Thank you Chelsey and Garu for making it over from Japan and showing us how it's done in true weeaboo status. IYO~

Thank you Kusanagi for busting out REAL NORTH AMERICAN NETPLAY POWAHZ.

My brain is melty right now, so I'll think of more later. But really, what I'd like to ask all of you is:

What would you like to see done differently at Melty for Evo 2011?

I know it's unlikely that it would be there as a marquee game, unless Current Code is released on PS3/XBox with netplay and a US release. But even as a side-tourney, we could get over 100+ people. Hell, even Dagger G entered!

Also, if someone could do me a favor and compile a finals-video and photo album to send over to Ecole and French Bread, maybe they might get the message and try pushing for a harder US release. If this sounds like a good idea, I'd like a mod to spearhead this project,.

<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline Dintrao

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Momiji All Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2010, 03:26:46 AM »
Yeay for Evo

And 5 dollar steak & eggs

Thanks to Duppy, Lolisauce, Chibi, sp00ky, bell for keeping the scene intact and the website running all this time.

Thanks to all of you who made it over and helped Melty make a respectable showing for the world to see.

I'm glad to meet so many of you who I've only known as just names or avatars and can now put a face to you guys.

Thank you Chelsey and Garu for making it over from Japan and showing us how it's done in true weeaboo status. IYO~

Thank you Kusanagi for busting out REAL NORTH AMERICAN NETPLAY POWAHZ.

My brain is melty right now, so I'll think of more later. But really, what I'd like to ask all of you is:

What would you like to see done differently at Melty for Evo 2011?

I know it's unlikely that it would be there as a marquee game, unless Current Code is released on PS3/XBox with netplay and a US release. But even as a side-tourney, we could get over 100+ people. Hell, even Dagger G entered!

Also, if someone could do me a favor and compile a finals-video and photo album to send over to Ecole and French Bread, maybe they might get the message and try pushing for a harder US release. If this sounds like a good idea, I'd like a mod to spearhead this project,.

It was nice to be able to play you in the tourney Arlieth (I was the noob with the Len+White Len stick that had all that confusion about not being out of the pools when I thought I was, etc etc  ???) At least now I can get some practice in for next year.

Shout out to Numaki for representing Hisui in the finals  :toot:
Shout out to Kusa for being a beast
Shout out to Komidol for the awesome Kohaku stick (assuming it is you that I saw and I'm not confusing you D:)

And I was planning to pick up a Sp00ky shirt but the only people I found wearing them where in matches so I didn't want to bug them..... I regret it now.

[4c 2c 623b] x ∞

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2010, 06:09:41 AM »
I had a speech and shit, but fucking IE ruined it. Here's your present community:
"A man with a single staff is unstoppable and a man with a million swords is questioned of his skill."
If you don't know what it means, find me on IRC. Individual shotouts at a later time.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 06:12:32 AM by Songs in the Key of H-Arc »
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline woof

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • efz kof2k ah - the trinity of woof fgs
    • View Profile
    • MISCHIEF WORKSHOP
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2010, 09:11:06 AM »
u guys are cool, i had lot of fun

i dont think ill be going to evo again tho .. unless they pull something spectacular for next year

& if i didnt give u anything im sorry ... ill see what i can bring to NEC lol

too lazy to "shout out"

Offline Escobar

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 11
  • B.O.B.B.Y. D.I.G.I.T.A.L.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2010, 12:14:49 PM »
Man, good shit to everyone that made it out to evo to represent. Got a few people to watch the finals with me, but since they were in World Cup mode they cheered for Kusa just because he's hispanic. And because he was bustin' dat ass. Seemed like it was mucho hype. I need to stop being an idiot and find the time to get into the scene, it seems like there are many good times to be had. Props to all you guys for keeping this shit going strong...

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2010, 01:23:17 PM »
shoutout to being wasted 3/4 of the time after running my brackets, then coming home to get wasted again. I think this is the first day im sober after 5 days
what the fuck is this game

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2010, 02:01:07 PM »
Arlieth, I don't think there's much to improve on.  All the setups were running great, the TVs all worked well.  The judges picked for pools did an amazing job.  Other than the community planning shit out for better room setup (which I know is already in the works), things went great.

If I had to make changes it'd be that some skill seeding went on in the pools.  The pools (Pool 2/pool 1 should of been spread out a bit).  Also, I would of liked to have an announcer for finals (AnFox with a megaphone is always good) if you could somehow manage that to workout (Of course, this is again if it's a main event). 

I already know these will happen at NECXI, as they did at NECX, so I'm not too worried about it. 

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2010, 02:06:17 PM »
Seeding is out of our hands. We have no say in it.

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2010, 02:19:22 PM »
8 Dedicated Setups? Awesome. While it would be preferable to have all systems and games supplied (instead of taking PS2 donations at the last minute), I did get a free T-Shirt out of that mixup! I would have taken a legit disc for MBAA, too, but that's too much :V

Offline NerdoJosh

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • This is my Waifu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2010, 02:37:37 PM »
Shoutouts to me winning Blazgreen and Booze Drinker.

Shoutouts to almost making it out of pools with 3 byes.

Shoutouts to Polarity.

Shoutouts to westcoast asian females with proportion for being gdlk.

Shoutouts to pints of belgian beer.

Shoutouts to H-Nero.

Min on blast??
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 08:53:13 PM by Sp00ky »
I <3 my waifu~

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2010, 03:39:05 PM »
Uhhh Choco, games WERE supplied, I have no idea what you were talking about, and a JP PS2 broke last minute (don't ask).