When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Northeast Championships results!  (Read 25014 times)

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
Re: Northeast Championships results!
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2009, 10:52:28 PM »
On the way back from NEC...

GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2009, 11:33:10 PM »
Wow Rithli, that shit is great.

:teach:
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2009, 03:06:09 AM »
MBAA at NECX Highlights/Compilation video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V3xk7UUvgw

If you want to add your own annotations use this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V3xk7UUvgw&layer_token=3bc9cad84f3739ae
Good shit Rithli!  I was hoping you'd put up some random shit that you were recording, but this goes above and beyond.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2009, 08:35:26 AM »
Such epic-ness Rithli. Good shit man.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2009, 09:49:28 AM »
I'm surprised I actually showed up in that.

@1:50 That's the only way I can do decently on pad.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2009, 03:12:55 PM »
Yeah, I late…

Nas
Made that final switch, huh? Glad you found the character best suited for you. GGs in the small casual set we had. Learned a few new anti-ryougi tricks since then.

Rei
Man, I think I got in the most games against you that wknd lol. GGs and thanks for stepping outside of box. P.s. If you ever lose your knives, Ciel’s got plenty stashed away in her santa suit.

Curbeh
“3 frames of armor” lololol…riiiiiight. More Ries casuals, plx. :O

Mizuki
Dude, it was hella fun hanging out. Sucks that you can’t chill out here more often. Keep reping those unheard of characters cus we could use the variety right about now and I’ll be sure to cut my wrists from time to time in memory of your lack of a scene out there. :emo:

Pfhor
Second most casuals games vs you I believe. GGs and thanks…I’m still waiting for you to pick up F-Ciel btw!!!

LordKnight & The Calorie Crew
Thanks for the housing, mang. Breakfast mishaps were very entertaining…and educational! :teach: Congrats on the NECX title. FT50 set or something next time we meet up…I know you want that runbaaaack/exp.

Jim(?)
Good stuff with F-Arc. Didn’t even know we had one on EC lol. I gotta get down on that cocktail-mode shooter next time I come through – that setup was too serious! Lol. P.s. those slippers were FABULOUS!

Tonberry
WHOISTONBERRY?!?!? Lol tjdk about the AC netplay dying generation. I was the only one like “That’s Tonberry, fool”. Anyway, nice to finally meet you outside of the “secret society” :mystery: . Good stuff on your placing. Your Nutritional Facts Yomi is TOO STRONG! :O

Spidey
Damn, dude…less drinking/sleeping moar melty plx  :( . We ain’t even get in any games! Btw that food match wasn’t going to happen cus I was too damn hungry for MBAAAAAH (…you would have probably peaced me out anyway lol).

Jiyuna
F-nanaya is mad fun to fight. Gotta break dem legs up next time though. Bring those $2 bills to the next c-lo round up so I can win em’ – I feel like turning $1 into $30 again lol. C-LO(L) is too gdlk!

GenericSouperHero
…Sucks to be nero. Thanks for the games.

Choco
Caught me by surprise with that switch to Kouma. But what surprised me more was…that 5” TV! You gotta tell me where you got that from because it is a MUST HAVE for any MB’er on the go.

Motoh
…I’ll never trust IRC again. I would have bet my life on you being asian…then died a miserable death shortly after. IRC yomi is too strong. P.s. you look like temperrrrd!

Bellreisa
Impressive stuff with that wlen there…and on stick!

Kamina
Reverend Combos, preach da gud wurd! Way to add to the hype with that PRODUCT PLACEMENT lol.

NightRoad
Wow, excellent job with that VShi. It looked as if the nerves got to you in the end though. Keep at it and you’ll be raking faces a-plenty.

Xie
Ugh! Gotta stop choking against you in tourney. Next time around I demand ft10 casuals…after I warm up two-hit chains on training mode for an hour first lol.

Fox
Damn, man! Next time you exceed hype-levels like that be sure to have a gallon of water and some ricola on the side. Good shit adding fuel to the hype/hate/hunger well after tourney hours.

Dippy
Wow, you crazy for taking this shit on. Amazing job by you and the “mb staff” for holding down such an immense event (by mb standards lol). If bbg ever got that big, I’d have to start stabbing ppl lol. Congratulations to you on ushering what was imo the most ridiculous, hype-tastic, well-organized MB event in the US by far. I’ll pray for you if NEC ever gets in the 100s for MB.

Akuma
Not bad with the commentary. What’s up with you and the community though? You need to jump back in the scene and throw some loli shoulders and elbows around.

Chibi
With that smart stuff in singles! Sometimes you gotta take it to the CVS2 roots and keep it simple. Nice work.

Zaelar
I got super lucky in singles lol. White stages camouflaging the timer ftl (almost). P.s. zaelar-tactics work best when you’re not zaelar. *see zar v jiyuna* lol

Rithli
More orb plz. We need to train up more. Fun hanging out and thanks for post-NEC TF casuals (HEY! X3)

Kirah
GGs. I enjoyed that brief training session we had. It reminded me of why I started #M-A in the first place. It’s a shame we couldn’t get more time to discuss aoko theory, technique and strats…Fortunately, you don’t live too far out from me so maybe we can get in another session soon.

TrueTech
Nice to meet you. Hope you had fun and learned a lot in the AOKO ONLY casual session lol. I won’t pass that up next time, bet it.

Sp00ky
…What more can I say lol. Good times as always and it was fun teaming up for the Nth time. In-depth match analysis w/ you is the greatest. Hope we get to play each other in singles in future events.

Xaq
Stop trying to out-choke me.

Mynus
Jesus Christ. I gotta tip (santa) hats to you in singles, man. The match I had with you unfortunately wasn’t GF’s but it sure as hell felt just as important to me. I never wanted to win a match that badly in tourney before and I have to say thank you for giving me the most inspiring, energetic, frustrating, focused and hype match ever in my melty “career”. . .I still hate maids though lol.

Rayza
…ANIMEEEEEEE

Tempered
More casuals plz.

Comic-Z
More training mode plz

Sibladeko
…you too

LoliSauce
I only saw you like…once? Lol. Goddamn majors leave no time to mingle.

SilentShinobi
…NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Team Charity (you know who you are)
Seriously…Thank you guys like a fucking million for your concern and hospitality. NECX was a-fucking-mazing and I wouldn’t have been there to be part of it had it not been for you guys. I can only hope that when things pick up for me that I will be able to return the favor to one of you or any mb’er desperate to get out to the next big mb event. Dare I say that I’m proud to be part of such a considerate and focused gaming community. Yes. We’re going places, baby. You wait and see!!!

BigE
The..fucking…MAN. I don’t know how you pull it off every year but you keep doing you and we’ll keep showing you how much we got love for our people and what we do. Good work!

Anyone I missed…F-Nanaya J2C to you.
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2009, 12:58:26 AM »
Done with finals, time for shoutoutz

Lord Knight - Bitch, don't try to make yourself look good, you were outside at 7:00 am with no shoes.  You are banned from getting fucked up at tournaments.  GJ winning bro

GenericSuperhero - Half full zoo imo.  You'll get me next time if you work on your faggy H/F blockstrings.

Pfhor - Really isn't black.  No MBAA matchup experience and we both made top 8,  godlike!

Jimmy - Glad I could experience teams thanks to you.  Grind out those F-Arc combos. 

Zar - Nice to finally meet you.  You turned F-Ciel into a monster, now you just gotta do that with H-Aoko  :D

Curbeh - Thanks again for letting me borrow your pad. 

Rei - Finally at the same place as you were for once but we didn't get any games in :(.  Next time I guess. 

LordPangTong - Pad warrior!  We gotta play more next time.  Keep working on the coolest V-Akiha moon.

Jiyuna - "Activate!" WORLDCHAMP yomi is too gdlk.  We better play a lot in next semester.

Rithli - NEC vid was great.  Aoko forever  8-)

Ehrik - Gotta spend more time on blood liar.

Xie - Great Mecha, I got more respect for that character now. 

Bellreisa - Thanks for inspiring me to play your bad character  :slowpoke:

Sp00ky - Hype commentary.  We gotta get more games in next time.

Fox - Good stuff keeping things mad hype.

Zansatsu - Lame faggot, show up next time instead of bailing week before.
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2009, 02:38:03 PM »
Oh wow, I forgot that I never actually did shoutouts.  =\  Well, better late than never.

To everyone in the black room (which was surprisingly not that black with the absence of shin/doren) - Curbeh, Rayza, Rei, and the others - Thanks for having me and my bad for being passed out all Saturday night > Sunday morning.  I'll be sure to have time off to actually get there early next year and enjoy my time.

To all the guys who hung out with me Sunday night in the Melty room - Jiyuna, Zar, Rithli, GenericSu, Xie, Pfhor, LK, PangTong, etc - Man that was the only time I really got to get in some casuals.  =\  But it was fun regardless.  Toothbrush matches were godlike, lol.  TF was SO POVERTY!  haha, Zar I can't believe how much you hype that game all the time.  Also going next door to the Poverty room and watching SMM ridiculousness was so entertaining.  Shu Nuff is where it's at.  UH!  UH!  UH!  UH!  WHO'S DA MASTAH!

To everyone I played before the singles tourney - Spooky, Zaelar, LK, Komidol, and whoever else I don't remember - Thanks for the matches and the advice.  Sorry I played like ass, but next time it should be a different story.  Next time I head out there, I might be playing on stick!

And finally, Big E - Thanks for showing melty that support.  We finally got to show everyone just how hype this game really is.  I'm really glad I got to be a part of this.

Also apologies to Generic for somehow taking your water.  I really thought I had set mine on the desk, but I bet mine was the one under the couch that you found.  =\  Come down to Evo and I'll get you a free drink or burger or something. 
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.