When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Team St1ckbug Needs PCs 1/28 Results  (Read 8369 times)

Offline DaiAndOh

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
Team St1ckbug Needs PCs 1/28 Results
« on: January 29, 2012, 10:31:21 AM »
Some speed bumps, but we pulled through. Really looking forward to next months if a lot of the potential things happen...or even some of them...

BBCS2 Farewell:
1: Zidane ($42.00) (HZ...farewell!)
2: Mahouko ($12.00) (NO)
3: Erik ($6.00) (TS)
4: Asian Mashdat5a
5: Ivan
5: Kusoru???!?!?!?
7: Andraemon
7: Eightman
9: Phantom
9: Christian
9: MD Orona
9: J. Biggums

MBCC:
1: Kirah ($35.00) (C-AO)
7: Chibi ($10.00) (F-Banana Brownie/H-Hisui)
3: Malik ($5.00) (Kouma)
4: Hard Bread
5: Greentea
5: Comic Z
7: Justice
7: Knight of Zero
9: Archtype-Zehn
9: Zeal

Ummm characters help. I only know about 8-10 characters name...2 of which are Len and W-Len -_-

GG:
1: Marlinpie ($42.00)
2: Zidane ($12.00)
3: Xaq ($6.00)
4: DaiAndOh
5: A3
5: Squared
7: Mahouko
7: Sol Lucky
9: POTEMKING
9: Killerwatt
9: Knight of Zero
9: Andraemon

Exhibition match:
Some guy named Flash who doesn't even play this game beat Marlinpie.

Gundam:
...HOLY SHIT WE HAVE 10 PEOPLE WE CAN RUN A TOURNAMENT!

......Sp00ky said no, because of Curly Mustache 2....thanks for no LAN game

Next time, this WILL happen. Please come out and support again, the fact we CAN have a local scene for this game astounds and pleases me greatly!

Look forward to 2/25, where we Extend into.....
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 10:53:39 AM by DaiAndOh »

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 10:42:08 AM »
Eh, you got Chibs listed as 7th.
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline sogos

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • <(*ಠ╭╮ಠ)>
    • View Profile
Re: Team St1ckbug Needs PCs 1/28 Results
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 10:46:46 AM »
Exhibition match:
Some guy named Flash who doesn't even play this game beat Marlinpie.

oooooohhhh shit
[01:54] <setrajonas> cross assault is like the ides of march

Offline DaiAndOh

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 10:54:05 AM »

That's no accident.

Unless it somehow blocks me from playing Skullgirls.

Offline HARD_BREAD

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • IPAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 11:31:24 AM »

You don't get it?
The dream is bread.

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • {Secret Society Chancellor }
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 12:55:24 PM »
Good shit to everyone that came out and made the trip. Even though it was my first tournament back out of the cave the fact that we still played and made it happen despite all the "overwhelming" mainstream games that were around we still played our game and had fun regardless of the "Odds".

DaiAndOh DA tru Gawd -
Thanks for all your hardwork in organizing and staying in control of the event and I look forward to the next event eagerly. Even though we only had one setup, the fact of the  matter is that despite all those you still pushed forward and did an amazing job thank you.

Master Chibi -
HEY FUNNY, It was great seeing you again and we had great matches through out the day. Also the diner was too awesome. I'm looking forward to the Fwarc Mirrors and Caoko vs Chisui. I'll be holding more concept matches and gatherings so i'll contact you.

Comic-Zeus-
I can already see the BS that will ensue from your Croa, so I can't wait to face it. Also god-like bringing your netbook so we can at least play. So thank you very much for that also PM your number so I can contact you when i'm holding gatherings and concept matches.

Mallik -
Thanks for making me your special guest despite the heads grazing that morning it was great meeting you in tournament. Keep your head cool bro and safe trip down south ambassador. And i'll see you at Final Round, and also Good luck in forming The Secret Society Atlanta branch.

Hard Bread -
It was great meeting you and I need that run back in KOF, also I can see the potential in your Faoko so keep at it and you'll be great in no time. Your vast knowledge quickly meshes with any game so just keep practicing and i'll look forward to our next meeting or when I hold my next Concept Matches or Gathering.

Zeal -
Your Aoko is getting there, but you cant go in so hard patience is the name of the game. Aoko maybe simplistic, but she's deep in her options something I myself have to remember and completely fuse into my being so just keep practicing and you'll get it.

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 04:10:57 PM »
You forgot me in the GG results. Or more like, you can't FIND ME
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline sogos

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • <(*ಠ╭╮ಠ)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 05:19:15 PM »
You forgot me in the GG results. Or more like, you can't FIND ME

sorry but its TOO LATE
[01:54] <setrajonas> cross assault is like the ides of march

Offline Justice

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 05:38:42 PM »
I like how I'm not even in last even though I just straight lost all my games.  Good shit brackets.

At least now I know F-Ries charged pile is an overhead now.  Won't fall for that shit again Comic.  JUST YOU WAIT.

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
  • {Secret Society Chancellor }
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 08:14:54 PM »
That was MasterChibi not Comic-Z.

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 03:34:09 AM »
What the hell? Why isn't Chibi in 9th?

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 12:36:36 PM »
So yeah apparently watching Japanese play BBCS2EX is more important that supporting a game that already has a hard time in America, but I could rant for a while, onto the important stuff.

And I used H/F Kouma if that matters to anyone.

Kirah: We talk all the so you know what's up, see you at FRXV.

Chibi: GS, I sensed the hunger in you during Loser's Final's & while I was hyped, my anger blinded me & cost me too much, won't happen again. Also, you gotta send me that pic you showed me at the diner so I can handle business latter. :laffo:

Comic: Thank you for the setup even if it was just one, you did what not one of us there were capable of & I'm grateful to you for that. Also I wanted to play you in casuals as well.

New players: GG's & keep learning about the game, it's worth the satisfaction that this game gives you, sorry you guys couldn't get casuals in.

And as this was my last tournament living up north, I may see some of you at Final Round, if not, stay hungry & motivated.

P.S., the Diner trip was definitely memorable.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 01:36:56 PM »
Thanks to everyone that showed up.

Shout outs to the idiots who talked shit all the way up to this and didn't show.

This tournament solidified what character I should be playing.

Hope to see most of you soon.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline HARD_BREAD

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • IPAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2012, 03:15:43 PM »
That was MasterChibi not Comic-Z.
Comic gave him false info apparently.
The dream is bread.

Offline HARD_BREAD

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • IPAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 09:28:10 AM »
At least now I know F-Ries charged pile is an overhead now.  Won't fall for that shit again Comic.  JUST YOU WAIT.

Sorry for double posting, but I played MGV's F-Rye-Bread and that pile-bunker move is NOT an overhead; it is, however, air-unblockable.
The dream is bread.

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 10:12:11 AM »

Sorry for double posting, but I played MGV's F-Rye-Bread and that pile-bunker move is NOT an overhead; it is, however, air-unblockable.

F-Ries BE236B is in fact an overhead  :prinny:
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline HARD_BREAD

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • IPAN
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 10:27:23 AM »
Ahhh, silly me...overlooked the "charged".  :bricks:
The dream is bread.

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, 08:33:56 AM »
So yeah apparently watching Japanese play BBCS2EX is more important that supporting a game that already has a hard time in America, but I could rant for a while, onto the important stuff.

And I used H/F Kouma if that matters to anyone.

Kirah: We talk all the so you know what's up, see you at FRXV.

Chibi: GS, I sensed the hunger in you during Loser's Final's & while I was hyped, my anger blinded me & cost me too much, won't happen again. Also, you gotta send me that pic you showed me at the diner so I can handle business latter. :laffo:

Comic: Thank you for the setup even if it was just one, you did what not one of us there were capable of & I'm grateful to you for that. Also I wanted to play you in casuals as well.

New players: GG's & keep learning about the game, it's worth the satisfaction that this game gives you, sorry you guys couldn't get casuals in.

And as this was my last tournament living up north, I may see some of you at Final Round, if not, stay hungry & motivated.

P.S., the Diner trip was definitely memorable.

Sorry, but the timing for this tournament was terrible. Between GODS5 and Curleh Mustache, and us being up forever streaming it, it was impossible.
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 09:55:24 AM »
This tournament was announced on the 2nd of this month.

Curley Mustache was not planned from then, and even then it had no bearing on our tournament.

As for streaming for 13 hours, well you guys wanted to watch other people play (and let others do so) instead of playing yourself.

:nyoro:
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2012, 11:09:05 AM »
So yeah apparently watching Japanese play BBCS2EX is more important that supporting a game that already has a hard time in America

As for streaming for 13 hours, well you guys wanted to watch other people play (and let others do so) instead of playing yourself.

As I understand it Gods Garden was a special stream airing live in Japan with skill level akin if not greater than SBO.  St1ckbug got the permissions to stream it in English and they were the official English cast for it.  I'm pretty sure this was set up months in advance, as opposed to attending one local.  You cannot blame St1ckbug/LK for not going.  Admit-tingly, the stream did last a few hours longer than intended, because they originally wanted to do both.  I think if "anime games" like BB or MB are going to survive (because they keep getting kicked out of Evo for "only having" ~150 participants), the scenes should help support each other best they can even if we don't play the other game.  Not run down each other's throat.  There are a lot of cross-players for these games.

I don't want to hear anyone criticize Team St1ckbug for doing Gods Garden over attending a local.  Allen has stuck his neck out for melty blood more times than you guys have fingers over the last 2 years so we could get a fair shot at playing even though he doesn't even play the game himself anymore. 

If you're going to blame anyone for low attendance to this tournament, blame me.  I will explain clearly what happened to the 4-5 some players we were going to bring up and the setup before anyone talks shit.

Me, Jimmy, and Nadakai had intended to stop at St1ckbugs and play with LK/St1ckbug, watch SOME OF and support God's Garden, and get an early start up to NY the next morning.  That night, I accidentally hit a car while I was parking before we left.  This got us into a huge late start as I had to be investigated to file a police report.  After Nadakai drove up from Delaware we went to St1ckbugs, Jimmy would meet us there.  Unfortunately, Jimmy got lost on the way there, and wound up out of the loop for over 3 hours.  2 minutes away from St1ckbugs he got pulled over for a speeding ticket.  Needless to say this dampened our morals a lot.  After God's Garden started we all got some sleep and woke up to LK and St1ckbug still streaming it 12 hours later.  LK was dead tired and told us he couldn't go, the stream was still going and he had a responsibility to the existence of the international relation of BB in America and Japan to finish that event (which can indirectly benefit MB in America, by the way, because LK was plugging the game on the stream and did so more than once by having talks with me and Jimmy between matches).  At the same time we knew Zar wouldn't be going because of the 10$ entry fee. 

At the same time, we heard there was no setup at Next Level.  We had my setup, but it was speakerless.  It has a loud pair of headphones, but you could never hear it at Next Level (though you can easily in a normal room).  We called Fox hoping he could get another setup and a pair of speakers for mine, which he could, but he was without transportation.  After a bit Fox pretty much knew his chance of getting transportation down to Brooklyn was nil.  We contacted Comic who had went up there himself, he said he didn't bring a setup.  He had a laptop, but he wasn't sure if it could run melty, and meltyblood wasn't installed on it. 

So at this point, all of us who had incurred a huge monetary fuck-up between minor car accidents, speeding tickets, and were tired all around had to make a choice to go up to Next Level and run an entire tournament on one soundless setup, while we were dead tired and pretty much spent from the rough night.  Furthermore Roku got bodied by school and never showed up, and Generic couldn't work out a system of transportation in the time we had left to get up to NYC (we were told by DaiandOh we had to be up in NYC within an hour to start the tournament - an already near impossible task in which we could never swing by to get Generic at a bus stop.) In the end we pretty much decided it would be a bad/impossible idea to go.  So we just asked comic to do what he could with the laptop and run casuals so the people who did go wouldn't be disappointed, and we should probably reschedule the tournament itself for a later date.  Because I was pretty sure there were no setups for this tournament, I asked someone to post that it should be rescheduled and pushed to a later date, which Kamina executed for me (so, no one should fault him for that, either.)  After that I called MakotoFox and told him next time, we will work together to make sure we personally can assure that this would not happen again and we would bring setups ourselves.

Fortunately, Comic was able to get his laptop running for Melty and Min helped them stream it (as I heard it worked out on breadcast).  So you guys ran a tournament and were able to keep the bi-weekly spot which I'm appalled to hear it's existence was threatened because of one low attendance-low prepared event (naturally it's going to take some time to get used to the new format). 

So overall for all people who tried desperately and planned to go up there, it wound up being one of the worst weekends ever and we had to cut our losses a bit.  NO BODY sat around and just streamed/watched BB instead of playing/supporting meltyblood.  Infact, we all incurred huge losses because we wanted to support this game best we could.  No one should doubt anyone, here.  Team St1ckbug are our friends in getting the most tournament presence on the East Coast.  The underhanded comments in this thread are ignorant and unfounded by a huge margin.  Now you know.

And yeah, it was timed horribly.  Even if it was announced before Mustache/Gods (which I don't think it was)  If we want to be serious about not running MBCC as a dinky little side tourney, we can't be running it on major event days for other games.  I would even go as far to say that Next Level is becoming an increasingly unattractive place to run our events between venue fee and the other events.  Maybe we could trust NEC/WB/FR in the winter and then start running BBG's again this Spring/Fall/Summer?  Perhaps even with other major games supported by Team St1ckbug?  I think it would help a lot if the community had a more direct say in what is going on in at these events, and we could plan it away from other big events.

:planning:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 12:51:16 PM by Komidol »
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline WYVERN LORD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 59
  • dakishimetainoni
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, 12:11:31 PM »
I don't know what Komidol is saying, I didn't come because I couldn't deign to leave my netpalace for *scoff* zero delay tiddlywinks  :mystery:
a maiden's pure heart is a budding flower

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2012, 02:42:21 PM »
Holy shit can you not leave tl;dr in the most pointless places anymore lmfao
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2012, 01:17:43 AM »
Well, to be honest writing that just helped in blowing off some steam because it was a shitty weekend and I'm sick, but I can't believe people would tell the people who wanted to go that didn't this weekend, out of all people, that we didn't do what we could for MB community. 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 01:20:00 AM by Komidol »
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2012, 06:42:30 AM »
Well no one actually told us anything past 'we're tired we streamed for 13 hours plus Komidol has no speakers' so what else did we have to go on?
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2012, 07:18:50 AM »
Think Komi's point is that they should have been given more credit.
Clmelty: Rokumoe!