When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: East Toast One FULL! Results (Now with dem replayz)  (Read 14390 times)

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
Re: East Toast One FULL! Results (Now with dem replayz)
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2008, 11:16:09 AM »
Chibi under Zaelar's name:

@ Steve:

I should have beat you in singles, but that laptop fucked me up hardcore and I didn't step it up to realize it quick enough. Oh well. Revenge at the next one. Smash was way more fun then I thought it'd be too.

@ Kid. D:

Dude, I don't have a clue what you're talking about, and I've been with EC MB when it was literally just 5 people close to half a decade ago. You rubbed me the wrong way at the last Gazebo event, and you did the same with Zar too. Noone likes to hear you call out their attacks when they're playing, it was incredibly annoying, so stop doing it unless you don't really care what we think.

Outside of that, you couldn't be farther from the truth about us being elitist or a bunch of invite only schmucks. I've never seen Spooky turn down someone, or Zar give someone else an attitude, or anything even remotely close to what you're talking about. I've never done anything of the sort either, and more than enough people will attest to me trying to get new people into the scene, even when I'm moronically trying to save the game's face on SRK ;p.

Hell, even when Fecal was talking shit last year after our first TGA outing, he still ended up being part of the community and a decent Ciel player, so thinks turned out for the better.

So yeah, chill out and stop using  :blah: so damn much like it's helping you out somehow.

:P
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 11:18:10 AM by Zaelar »

Offline KiD.D

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • 'Master of Unblocking'
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2008, 12:46:51 PM »
Sigh.
Ok, calling out attacks was my way of figuring out which is which.
Especially Aoko, it also lets the opponent know I'm keeping track of his orbs.
There was no malice behind it, so apologies if it aggravated you guys.

Since we're throwing stuff out there...
What's more aggravating is having someone tell you mid-match you suck and shouldn't mash 2a, etc.
Especially if you're winning, and they're saying your trash because you poked them out of a delay or a throw attempt or something.
No names.

I already let this go, so  :fap:
And thanks for being civil.

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2008, 02:19:18 PM »
Chibi, you should've beaten me because it was a lagtop, and those are my ultimate weakness.
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2008, 03:31:11 PM »
Chibi still under Zaelar's handle.

@ Steve:

Nah, I really did have that match at certain points, but not being able to get full bnb's from counter hits fucked me up pretty bad. Whatever, live and let live ;O.

@ Kid D:

I never said you suck, I just said you should stop mashing. I tell that to EVERYONE, but I'm not good enough of a player yet to capitalize on said bad habits of people I may run across (yet >_<). But if you want to mash, keep mashing.

What bothers me the most with what you're saying all this shit when I was bothered with your attack calls and mashing, and yet I still went that one step further to ask for your number and your friend's number at the Gazebo event two weeks ago, because it was clear you wanted to promote the community more, and my slight dislike of you at the time was just petty and stupid. We also helped you discuss a time for another tournament in the upcoming months, with the hopes of us attending.

But hey, if you want to flat out LIE and say that didn't happen, by all means go ahead. Hell, even Zaelar has your number.

Offline KiD.D

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • 'Master of Unblocking'
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2008, 07:15:10 PM »
And the number thing - That totally happened.
That was an awesome man-up moment that made me think "I could easily end up liking these guys" and "maybe we all just got off on the wrong foot". Hacker and I talked about it, and we came to that conclusion.

So I came to the next tournament, in a good mood, totally not caring about how things were last week.
"This is a good day".
You guys were cool, smash players were fun to talk to, but talking to or making random jokes to anyone but Steve was met the same way:
 :slowpoke:

I still didn't care! This was miles above how BBtG was, and the fact that there were other random people to shoot the shit with didn't hurt.

So I tried to invite you guys to come and eat, chill, and have fun at any food place, which was me going the extra step and trying to have a local forum where we could talk, joke around, have fun, and get to know each other past whatever our differences were.
My annoyance with BBtG was by then completely forgotten and squashed, and I treated you like I'd treat any friend in any gaming community I've ever met. Cause no matter what community, when you all sit down and make jokes and talk about random stuff and have run while eating, it all differences fade into nothing.

Half an hour later, you came back with food for you and your boys.
That, my friend, was when I knew this wasn't just any gaming community.
This was Melty Blood. I was honestly more pissed at that moment than any other in the MB scene.
But unlike how I lashed out the first time, I just took my leave afterwards.
Then I went on here and explained how it all that made me feel.

Sorry for any previous confusion.
And apologies for acting how I did.
Guess it wasn't as big to you as it was to me.
So I'm [dropping] it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 07:28:17 PM by KiD.D »

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2008, 02:41:28 AM »
Chibi: You're Hisui needs more needless dropage of combos and useless invalids. ;D
 :prinny:
~~Playing the wrong way... and somehow getting away with it.~~
<Pfhor>: no, I only have nightmares about your play numakie
<Pfhor>: because it makes no fucking sense
<Pfhor>: like WHY IS THIS HISUI DOING THESE THINGS

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2008, 08:32:46 AM »
Chibi: Check *Your* PMs.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2008, 11:41:04 AM »
Quote from: Chibi
@ Steve:

I should have beat you in singles, but that laptop fucked me up hardcore and I didn't step it up to realize it quick enough. Oh well. Revenge at the next one. Smash was way more fun then I thought it'd be too.

Quote from: Chibi
@ Steve:

Nah, I really did have that match at certain points, but not being able to get full bnb's from counter hits fucked me up pretty bad. Whatever, live and let live ;O.
Chibi, let's not forget that L-K was playing on a stick w/ a gimpy B button (that he was not aware of). Who's to say in what way this may have hindered his exe in this particular match as well as others in the event.

Chibi, you should've beaten me because it was a lagtop, and those are my ultimate weakness.
Lol the logic behind this is moot. Just because you are unable to perform w/ lag doesn't mean Chibi would be able to do so nor is he at an advantage. Hell, I don't think anyone would like random spikes to occur in mid match esp. during combos. It's not something you can exactly 'get used to' when practicing on training mode now, is it. Can't turn on a "Enable Random Lag Spike" Option to be prepared for such cases in real matches. However, some ppl are affected less by lag spikes than others (explain this to me plz o_O); Chibi is not one of them.

If anything, I say.......

AGGGGHHHH GET HYPE!! ECMB FT3 GRUDGE MATCH @ NEXT EAST TOAST!! REEL TOK!! RUN DAT SHIT BACK!!  >:(

Just set it up on a laptop that has been tested (thoroughly) for non-lag and L-K, you PLAY ON A STICK W/ FUNCTIONING BUTTONS (this is on you). What's good?

@Zaelar
I forgot my damn umbrella (lengthy, blue) at your place. It was on the ground floor by one of the televisions. Please take care of it and return at next BBG.  :'(

zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2008, 04:18:15 PM »
@ Kid:

Dude, what the shit are you talking about? I don't EVER recall you saying we should go out to eat. I don't see why I'd decline it either, but to be honest the only reason I went out and got them food was because they were still in MB singles and I had just gotten peaced out of Smash singles. Hell, Wendy's fucked up my order anyway, I had to run back to correct it. I didn't exclude you and Hacker because I think you SHOULD DIE or some weird shit, it just didn't run across my mind to ask you. There's no real malice behind the act, I'm not sure why you saw there being any.

And on top of that, we were miffed when we found out you were leaving anyway.

I mean if you want me to be honest, the only thing that annoyed me is when you tried to join in a conversation I was having with Zar, and it was directly related to how I was playing against LK. That's about it. I don't remember ANY of us ever dismissing you or going out of our way to put you down or anything of the sort.

I mean I don't want to say it, but this MB crew your talking about is absurdly friendly and good natured. We've had plenty instances of people traveling from across the damn nation just to chill for a weekend (no tournaments / majors attached), and even folks coming from Canada to do the same. I've known these people for plenty damn long now, and I just think you need to relax and see that we really are a damn cool group to be with.

Just ignore me when I'm online, I tend to love being a bitch every once in a while.

;p

@ Zar:

Chibi, let's not forget that L-K was playing on a stick w/ a gimpy B button (that he was not aware of). Who's to say in what way this may have hindered his exe in this particular match as well as others in the event.

You're right. I just had plenty confidence in that match up at that point, so I felt kinda robbed. Ah well.

@ Numakie:

Chibi: You're Hisui needs more needless dropage of combos and useless invalids.

Dude, I never thought I'd be bothered by 1-2 frames of slowdown (the game ran at 57 fps in the worst scenario) but like it makes ALLLLLLLLLLL the damn difference in the world to me. I refuse to play on anything lower then 59 fps at this point, it's fucking crazy.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2008, 04:32:44 PM »
Quote from: Zar
Lol the logic behind this is moot. Just because you are unable to perform w/ lag doesn't mean Chibi would be able to do so nor is he at an advantage. Hell, I don't think anyone would like random spikes to occur in mid match esp. during combos. It's not something you can exactly 'get used to' when practicing on training mode now, is it. Can't turn on a "Enable Random Lag Spike" Option to be prepared for such cases in real matches. However, some ppl are affected less by lag spikes than others (explain this to me plz o_O); Chibi is not one of them.

Quick to see what I did there weren't you.

Anyways, so far every tourny that me and Chibi have been at, we've played (besides NEC at least), so I'm almost guranteed to play him again at ET2.

EDIT: Fucking pre-reg for dat Summer League shit.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 04:35:03 PM by Lord Knight »
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline KiD.D

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • 'Master of Unblocking'
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2008, 05:38:42 PM »
@ Chibi
LoL
This is gonna be a tough road if you can't take jokes and silliness.
All I did was stand next to you Zar while you were whispering to each other, and started to pretend to whisper.
Then I got the stone cold looks, so I assumed you were talking about something important, Serious Business!!!!!, and respectfully left you alone.

Btw, even though I don't really care about it anymore, just wanna set it straight that you were there for the dinner invite, since I was looking at you when I said it, and Zaelar made the random comment that he's too broke for it and we all laughed, and I told him to "win the damn tournament then", and asked Zar to drop out for Zaelar to have food for his kids.

Still, bridge, water, under it, etc, nothing big.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2008, 06:32:47 PM »
LoL
This is gonna be a tough road if you can't take jokes and silliness.
Yeah, sometimes I forget how funny it is to have someone jump in front the screen while you're playing a tournament match. Woo boy, what a riot. I'll remember to slap my knee next time.
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline KiD.D

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • 'Master of Unblocking'
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2008, 06:38:25 PM »
edit: too many :blah:

Sorry, accident, I'll apologize in person, kitty.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 07:04:41 PM by KiD.D »

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2008, 07:02:48 PM »
Oh really now, "accidental" you say? You feign ignorance yet for some reason I recall you foreshadowing the said "accident" and I quote: "Watch this - in the middle of a tourney match."

Bullshit gives me indigestion, so please don't try and feed it too me. Don't let it happen again, thanks.

Offline KiD.D

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • 'Master of Unblocking'
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2008, 07:10:33 PM »
And I recall me coming back and asking someone why you were so pissed off at me needing to walk in front of a casual match for the bathroom.
I was told it was a tournament match, and immediately felt horrible, but it's tough to apologize to someone you're sure hates you now.

Calling my sincerity bullshit is you shitting on your own dinner, no wonder you have indigestion.
I'm obviously an asshole that was looking to fuck you up for some yucks.

I won't let it happen again, padre.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2008, 11:46:57 PM »
There is one thing that I can see being angry about that happened at the tournaments, and it was an accident.  I thought it was casuals at the time too.  Everything else is either something petty or minor, or happened online, and frankly Kid.d and chibi are both douche's online and apologetic offline.  I wasn't going to step in, but this was just going to continue until the next tournament where you would both be trying to have each other's baby, so you may as well just stop now.  As for Zar being angry, it's understandable, even I'm angry about it and it didn't happen to me.  I believe that quote was off, he said something about it not being a tournament match.  This is an accident that shouldn't have happened, but as long as it doesn't happen again I can look past it.

"Can't we all just, get along?"

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2008, 04:58:32 AM »
Daaaamn I'm sooo mad that I couldn't make this. (Just like every other freakin' event on the EC  :'() I will most definately get my ass down there for East Toast Two. (Get that shit up asap!)

So I take it Jiyuna didn't make it either  :-\. Nice to see some NY players went too, and even Kite.

Anyway, good shit fellas. Vary nice replays. <3
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2008, 10:39:55 AM »
Honestly, I don't remember that dinner comment, but I'm sorry if you took it otherwise. Again, no malice in what I said.

And yeah, you whispering in our ears when we were talking was annoying at the time, sorry.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline KiD.D

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • 'Master of Unblocking'
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2008, 11:06:05 AM »
I'm the one who should apologize for the second part,
I didn't realize it was important, just interesting that you two were whispering in a crowd of 10-12 people.

Melty apologies, what's good?
Not them Xianor block strings....