hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Winter Brawl 2013  (Read 4612 times)

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
Winter Brawl 2013
« on: February 27, 2013, 06:06:42 PM »
Quote from: tigre
1: Lord Knight
2: LivingShadow's Shadow
3: WYRVREN KAWAII LORD
4: Lord Pang Tong
5: Greenux
5: pochp
7: Bonkler
7: LivingShadow
9: C2GK|Fujiwara
9: Achtzehn
http://i.imgur.com/oN7g0nK.png (Brackets)

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Brawl 2013
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 06:07:30 PM »
And this should be the rest of the replays I have. Restream is going to be Saturday at 1PM.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 06:14:35 AM »
Restreaming at 1 PM here: http://www.twitch.tv/livingshdw

Offline arimakun

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • I'm going to Tokyo baby!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 06:50:53 PM »
what software do you use to watch these videos?

Offline Martee Blood

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • Martee Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 07:49:00 PM »
Only nine participants?
T_T
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 07:52:41 PM by Martee »
I've fucked all the waifus.

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 04:56:58 PM »
Only nine participants?
T_T

Would've been ten but things happen  :-\
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 05:39:25 PM »
Yeah ah3 and mb would have had more entrants if I was able to take sign ups when I was trying to. It'll be resolved for next major absolutely.
I do want to do something to get more people playing, there needs to be more activity outside of me running majors. I guess we'll have to see how fr turns out first
It takes an idiot to do cool things.
That's why it's cool.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 06:30:22 PM »
Only nine participants?
T_T
It's actually 10 people, not that it matters.

Signups weren't well advertised outside of the group of regulars and were rather late, like what happened at NEC.

Also, anyone know what happened to the results being posted on SRK? It's not in the main results article.

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 10:13:56 PM »
You know, I'm actually not even entirely sure where they got the AH3 results from, they were up before the end of the day on Saturday, I did not post results until I believe Tuesday. I know I did not post them anywhere but the homing cancel blog. I've reported results and brackets to their respective communities. I don't actually even know how to go about reporting results to that front page post.

Signups were advertised perfectly fine at NEC, the tournament started around the right time as well. Both Melty Blood and AH3 were called for via the loud speaker in both tournament rooms. Our problem there was strictly space.

The problem with Winter Brawl was that neither of my games were written into the schedule for signups. Then because of that, we kept getting put on the back burner. I wasn't going to take signups myself (i.e. hold the money on my own) because last time I tried that I was told that all "main games" needed to have their registration handled at the front desk. I was hounding the rest of the staff to get my games started. It got to the point where I had to physically sit at the front desk when there were no other games being registered/brackets being made and take signups myself, and then hand the money over afterwards. I wish I could have started on time, because that would have made things 100x easier for me, and we all would have finished earlier, and we would have been able to relax after the tournament and play casuals or w/e. This issue will absolutely be handled before Summer Jam because as much of a pain it was for you guys- it was 10x more of a pain for me to deal with.

Everything under here may as well be its own post, and probably isn't even suited for this topic.

[I am going to refrain as much as possible from making any comparisons to any other communities in the following]
The bigger issue here is that Melty would probably have had between two and three more entrants if things had started on time, and I didn't really see any new faces signing up.  I can only speak for the community in the northeast, but I don't see any active tournaments. I don't see any active discussion about any offline play (this is once again only in the northeast).
Big E is awesome and he has been super accommodating to Melty and a lot of other smaller games. He has always given us space. Don't flounder it, guys. There seems to be a lot of  complacency in the community, that the game will just always be there. Please don't make the assumption that because Melty was a main game at this past NEC that it will magically be in the same situation for NEC this year. It very well could be, but it's up to you guys, Arcana Heart is in the same situation. The community needs to keep playing, coming out to events, and organizing events. I'm not going to give you guys a whole spiel about running events, or any of that, but if no one's going to even practice why are we going to run majors for the game.

So guys, if you want to play Persona 4 Arena, Shin Koihime Musou, or Marvel vs Capcom 3 instead, go for it. But- if you guys want this game to keep going in the North East- Practice. If you guys still love this game- Show up to events. If you guys want the game to grow- reach out to local event organizers to see if you can run it, or even organize your own event (Look back at BBG!). If you haven't caught on to the common theme here- it's that the community is going to decide where the game is going to go from here.
That's why it's cool.

Offline nadakaineko

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • What Is She Chewing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 10:16:49 AM »
www.youtube.com/nadakaineko | www.twitter.com/nadakaineko | http://tri4.net/nadakaineko/waifu/

[00:22] <Greats> i am always reminded of the first time my mom saw me playing ah1 w/no pants on

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 05:52:19 PM »
Exactly.

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 05:12:10 PM »
For completeness, and means he didn't get to have his picture taken with the other winners, here's a picture of our 3rd place winner WYVERN LORD with his medal! http://i.imgur.com/8pXcots.jpg
That's why it's cool.

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 08:41:46 PM »
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku