hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: $NJ$ vs America at NEC  (Read 10344 times)

Offline GenericSuperhero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 67
    • View Profile
$NJ$ vs America at NEC
« on: November 10, 2010, 09:55:22 PM »
This event will take place on Saturday night after the Teams Events, probably in one of the primary hotel rooms for MB (unless BigE is trying to do something with this or we can get it on after the teams tourney).  Keep your ears open as it will be on something of a hearsay basis of operation.  I'll make an announcement at the end of the MB Teams tournament on what time/where specifically.

We are the three martial KING$ of $NJ$.
LORD KNIGHT, the undefeatable king
TONBERRY, the secret king
and GENERIC SUPERHERO, the psychic king

and we hereby invite you all.  Prove that American Melty can defeat $NJ$.  Prove that we are not the unbeatable KING$, that we cannot romp about using your bloody corpses as a fleshy red carpet.  Prove that YOU are not just a plebeian, that you are worth at least a footnote!

We extend a challenge to the entire American MBAA scene to come beat us and prove that $NJ$ alone is not better than all of America.  As it stands, we will declare that we are.

Throughout NEC, the $NJ$ vs America challenge will be held according to the following rules:

Team $NJ$ will consist of the three KING$.  Each of us will donate 10$ to the pot.  Anyone is welcome to challenge $NJ$, and the challenge event ends when there are no more available challengers or $NJ$ is beaten.  Challengers will be accommodated within reason but have to actually come and play.  We're not going to wait for you to come play three hours after the event because you're busy playing SSF4 and we're (probably) not going to take random single challenges at 2PM between tournaments.

There will be at most two sessions during which challenges will be taken (these will be streamed/recorded if possible); the time frame is yet to decided and will be flexible to accommodate players.  During these time ranges $NJ$ will be available to take challengers.  Obviously, it'd be more fun/easy/hype to consolidate all the challenges.  The reason for the potential of two sessions is that the event will likely be unofficial and run in the rooms and we'd like everyone who wants to play to have a chance within their schedule limits.  That's also the reason for the general flexibility of challenges.  And although the challenge schedule is flexible, that's only in case you have a legitimate reason to make us wait.  It's in your benefit to play us continuously to tire us out.  Ideally, we'll just do this all at once with everyone there if people are able to.

Basically, this is a 3 vs America team tournament in Japanese single elimination style with a twist to America's benefit.  The three $NJ$ KING$ will be a normal team with a Pokemon style lineup (we have a set order and you have to eliminate the current player in the lineup to get to the next one)

Each challenger donates 5$ to the pot.
 Each challenger plays a single game (two victories) in a Japanese style single elimination match against the current $NJ$ player ($NJ$ players will have a pokemon style lineup-you have to eliminate the current player to proceed to the next).  If the challenger loses the match, he is eliminated from the challenge.  If the challenger wins the match, the $NJ$ player is eliminated and the challenger proceeds to the next player in the lineup, just like in a normal teams tournament.  Everybody has only one life: aka if you're eliminated once you're out of the event (including $NJ$).

Here's the twist:
Any rounds won against the current $NJ$ player will be tallied up.  If an $NJ$ player loses 5 rounds total, he is eliminated even if he won all the games.  If he loses his fifth round in the middle of a match, that match will be finished and if the $NJ$ player wins the match both players are eliminated.
In summary, there are two ways for a $NJ$ player to be eliminated: he must either be beaten in a match or accumulate 5 lost rounds.

Challengers must be beaten in a match outright.
To reiterate: once an $NJ$ player is eliminated once, that's it for him.

This victory will not prove that $NJ$ is officially better than the rest of America; it will reaffirm it.  This is your chance to disprove what now stands as fact.

Pot Split:

If $NJ$ wins by beating all challengers, we get the pot.

If the entire $NJ$ team is eliminated, the pot is split evenly between the challengers who won rounds against KING$ in proportion to how many rounds they won.  Any challenger who actually wins a match against a $NJ$ player gets treated as though he won however many rounds the $NJ$ player still had in his stock.  For example, if I have lost one round to someone and someone else beats me in a match, he gets a share of the pot for that accomplishment equivalent to having beaten me in 4 rounds.  The guy who won the other round gets a share equivalent to having won 1 round.  Likewise, if someone beats me in a match before I've lost any rounds, it's as if he's beaten me for 5 rounds.  This cannot work against the challenge's favor- so if he beats me in a match when I've already lost 4 rounds before playing him, he still gets 2 rounds worth of pot share.
Sample Split:
Player A won 5 rounds
Player B won 5 rounds
Player C won 5 rounds:
they split the pot into thirds
any value of cents will be rounded up to the nearest dollar and covered by me personally

The pot will be 30$ to start from our donations.  If 25 people challenge, the pot will be 155$, so a 1/3 split would be over 50$ to each challenger for a 5$ risk.  If you were to win 1 round share out of 15 total, you'd be making back a little more than double your donation, and I hope around 25 will challenge.  Anyway, it's more about the hype and pride points: the money is just to keep things serious and add to the fire.  You only win money if AMERICA BEATS $NJ$ so get hype for your teammates

Please pre register here
so we can get an idea of who will be playing, and PM me if you have special time requirements (ie: leaving the tourney at night, only coming for a day, etc)

If there are less than 10 challengers total, our round stocks get reduced to 3.  Which still means each of you has to win a round.  The more challengers, the better chances you have.  If less than 10 players think they can random out a round on one of us, you've already told us that $NJ$ is invincible.

Challengers:
ehrik
LivingShadow
MD/VA
LPT/NE
Fox
sogos
Komidol
Zaelar
Mindgam3
Team_Purple (who is that does he play melty?)

This event will take place on Saturday night after the Teams Events, probably in one of the primary hotel rooms for MB (unless BigE is trying to do something with this or we can get it on the teams tourney setups).  Keep your ears open as it will be on something of a hearsay basis of operation.  I'll make an announcement at the end of the MB Teams tournament on what time/where specifically.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 05:12:33 PM by GenericSuperhero »
<Dipstick> bell would have a significant advantage in length and size
<Dipstick> but Sp00ky has a lot more experience

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Re: $NJ$ vs America at NEC
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 10:22:52 PM »
Please don't wear matching outfits.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 10:52:52 PM by [9]th »
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 09:20:53 PM »
Lets do this shiet

Everyone should read the bold letters, you can see this stuff is hella generous
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 11:34:54 PM »
I just wanna play.
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 05:12:08 AM »
I just wanna play.

I'll team with you Fox
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 05:22:10 AM »
I'd be willing to have a go.

Offline GenericSuperhero

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 05:41:57 AM »
Fox don't be a chibi.  LPFree be ready to sleep on the floor.  Get hype America, you'll need at least 15 to stand a good chance

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 09:19:33 AM »
Beating you guys in tournament is much more worthwhile though, this is barely passable as a circus act really.

Good luck getting anybody to participate~

:teach:
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 11:54:56 AM »
Beating you guys in tournament is much more worthwhile though, this is barely passable as a circus act really.

Lets be negative!
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline GenericSuperhero

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 06:08:46 PM »
Yeah kind of like those circus acts wherein a handsome and talented man does something incredible to the point that it is a spectacle.  That kind of circus act.  And it's not us who need the luck getting people to play, it's America.  In conclusion, have you ever gotten top 8 in a tournament?

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 07:59:41 PM »
Lol. Is this really happening? Money is gonna cry out people's pockets.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 08:04:47 PM by Shiki »

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 10:26:57 PM »
Yeah kind of like those circus acts wherein a handsome and talented man does something incredible to the point that it is a spectacle.  That kind of circus act.  And it's not us who need the luck getting people to play, it's America.  In conclusion, have you ever gotten top 8 in a tournament?

Congrats man, I hope people line up around the block to play a guy who actually consistently places top 3, someone who usually manages to get into top 8, and the step brother of Doren who's only actually played in one tournament before.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline sogos

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • <(*ಠ╭╮ಠ)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 10:28:29 PM »
NJ STEALING NJ'S MONEY?

yeah im going in
[01:54] <setrajonas> cross assault is like the ides of march

Offline GenericSuperhero

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 05:30:12 AM »
Yeah kind of like those circus acts wherein a handsome and talented man does something incredible to the point that it is a spectacle.  That kind of circus act.  And it's not us who need the luck getting people to play, it's America.  In conclusion, have you ever gotten top 8 in a tournament?

Congrats man, I hope people line up around the block to play a guy who actually consistently places top 1, someone who never misses top 5, and the step brother of DorenDAGAWD who's only actually SHOWED HIS GODLIKE FORM in one tournament before.

damn sogos, you playin melty blood
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 05:33:14 AM by GenericSuperhero »

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 11:00:08 AM »
NJ STEALING NJ'S MONEY?

yeah im going in

This.  I'm going in.

I'll leave it to the results to decide which part of NJ is stealing NJ's money.   :teach:

To people wondering about the "catch" of this event, it's easy.  $NJ$ has little to lose (except maybe a lot of pride when they get randomed out by me) and a lot to gain.  The challengers have a little to lose and a little to gain.  But no one really has a lot to lose and the risk (given certain west coast and NY players attend) is stocked against $NJ$.  It's really harmless fun in my opinion.  No reason not to take a shot at this.  The only way it'll be a "steal" for $NJ$ is if good players choose not to participate.  Remember, top 8 has 8 players in it.  This is only 3.  I'm game.  The only way this could be bad is if Team America isn't really representative of America (for example, if players like Zar, HF-Blade, Yat, etc...) can't come out. 

In my opinion change the entry fee name to "KING$ Taxes"
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 11:04:04 AM by Komidol★ »
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline sogos

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • <(*ಠ╭╮ಠ)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 12:33:52 PM »
damn sogos, you playin melty blood

yeah lets play some time before NEC, i think friday people are going to be at doomie's. I'm working so Ill be there later

Congrats man, I hope people line up around the block to play a guy who actually consistently places top 3, someone who usually manages to get into top 8, and the step brother of Doren who's only actually played in one tournament before.

amazing thread
terrible posts
this poster is probably very unhandsome (read: ugly)

words

:-\
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 12:35:31 PM by gos »

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2010, 02:16:06 PM »

zzz

Actually I've played in two MB tournaments before.  Get it straight Chibi.  As for being the step brother of Doren, the king$ have the divine right to rule bestowed from God.   Since da gawd is doren, obviously there has to be some sort of relation to him. 
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 11:59:07 AM »
I'll probably "enter".

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2010, 03:19:04 PM »
$10 Doren will flake out
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline Mindgam3

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2010, 04:05:22 PM »
I'll take a jab at beating ¢NJ¢ in the Tsukihime-airdashing anime fighter.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 04:07:55 PM by Mindgam3 »
"I am a robot, what is love?" ~beep boop beep~

Offline sogos

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • <(*ಠ╭╮ಠ)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2010, 01:30:41 PM »

Offline Team_Purple

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2010, 04:39:14 PM »
I will play.
put Generic on point so I can get warm.

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2010, 08:44:51 PM »
You guys do know that this thread is a trap?

Besides, just because NJ has won most tournaments doesn't give it any right to be better than America.  :toot:

Offline sogos

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • <(*ಠ╭╮ಠ)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2010, 05:58:12 AM »
just because NJ has proven itself again and again to be better than america doesn't give it any right to be better than america. :toot:

uhhh i got some bad news for you bro

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2010, 03:09:13 PM »
I don't think Matt Coma wants to participate, he thought this was just dumb and silly.
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite