hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: (29th Sept) KDP B-Spec Season Opener [Fayetteville, NC]  (Read 1439 times)

Offline nameda

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
(29th Sept) KDP B-Spec Season Opener [Fayetteville, NC]
« on: July 16, 2012, 08:44:29 PM »
TL;DR Melty Blood Tournament Season in NC

In September, I'll be starting a season for MBAACC. The tournaments will be held once every 2 months, for a total of five times before the new 3-day major that'll happen June 2013. All stats will be tracked for the season, and used for seeding throughout. To celebrate the season opener, I'm throwing an extra hundred into the pot. It is a long-ass drive for out of state players to come, but I'm hoping at least NC Melty will show up strong.

I'll try and keep the thread updated as the final details surface.

Original Announcement copypasta below because  :blah:

It brings me great pleasure to announce the start of two new FG tournament seasons at Elite Zone in Fayetteville. KDP will be holding monthly/semi-monthly tournaments for various fighting games starting in September, leading up into next June.

A-Spec will be the primary tournament, being held nine times (once a month) before culminating in the Annual to be held next June. The following games are scheduled as part of this series:

SSF4: AE 2012
UMvC3
KoF XIII
SFxT

B-Spec will be the secondary tournament, modeled after NorCal Install. It will be held 5 times, once every 2 months, also leading up to the same Annual next June. Games that are slotted for the B-Spec Series are:

BB:CS Extend
GG:XX Accent Core Plus
Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code
Skullgirls

In addition, there will be a 5th slot each tournament dedicated to games not on the main rosters. For September, A-Spec's 5th game will be 3rd Strike, while B-Spec will play Persona 4 Arena.

The first A-Spec tournament will be held Sept. 22, followed by B-Spec on the 29th. All player stats will be tracked throughout the season to determine seeding at events / various awards at the end of the season.

As for the September tourneys, there will be a prize bonus to celebrate the season opening. All A-Spec games will have a $200 bonus in their prize pools. B-Spec will have $100 for each game. 5th Slot games will be ineligible for this bonus, and a tourney must have at least 8 players to receive the pot boost.

Original Announcement: http://www.facebook.com/groups/300457959993546/permalink/421323754573632/

Offline ZomB

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
    • View Profile
Re: (29th Sept) KDP B-Spec Season Opener [Fayetteville, NC]
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 05:46:13 PM »
I shoulddddd be able to make it to this. It's on the same day as AWA so maybe not the first one... but the ones after? Depends on if I can get a carpool going.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 11:11:31 AM »
I'll goto this if I find steady work by then (I am planning on taking care of that before the end of this month). 

100$ pot is extremely generous, I might add.
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline nameda

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 04:34:32 PM »
Just an update:

Due to a hostile TO scheduling on top of A-spec's season opener, we're consolidating the season openers to B-spec's date. To counter, it'll probably end up being a joint effort between my team and the other two groups holding events for the opening tourney.

As for the bonus to the pots, we've only secured this bonus from the primary sponsor, but he's interested in providing other ones depending on the turnout. :toot: