When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: [7/12-13] Evolution 2013 -- e-sports killed MB, but it won't die [Las Vegas, NV]  (Read 7111 times)

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
Yeah, it's a side tournament -- what else did you expect?[1] Yet, somehow, I can't seem to get away from this game. I honestly thought last year was the last time I was going to have to do this. Maybe I just need to close the forum and open up virtuafi... oh, wait.

I'm just starting this thread to get an idea of who here is going to Evo this year and would play in a side tournament. I was told by a few people two years ago that they were disappointed that there was no side tournament (?!), and I don't care if it's only 12 people. Furthermore, it's Evo -- who knows who would end up showing up (Go1 does play UMvC3 and P4A...).

Tournament rules are going to be pretty standard:

• When's Melty? 1PM Signups, the day P4A is not running pools -- which is currently Saturday, July 13th. I'm guessing that pools will not be split across two days (and given prior history, it almost certainly will not be). The tournament will be in the Beta hall (where all of the BYOC setups will be this year).
  • Standard double elimination bracket, $10 to enter, standardish prize split of 65%/25%/10%/can of Coco-Cola. I reserve the right to expand this (and shit my pants) if we have a LOT of entrants (80+), but I know that isn't happening. If a lot of the P4A players who used to play sign up, though... yikes.
  • 2/3 rounds to win a game, 2/3 games to win a set. I'm tempted to make it 2/3 straight through WF/LF/GF.
  • All characters are allowed.
  • Either player may call for a double blind pick before game one; after game one the winner of the previous game is character locked (winner is still allowed to change their moon).
  • Any tournament-regulation wired joystick and controller is allowed. Keyboard play is NOT allowed, unless you're crazy like Maidscientist and wired up a keyboard to a PS2 PCB (then at that point it's a PS2 controller).
  • No game-breaking glitches allowed (getting your ass beat by maids is NOT a game breaking glitch). This includes the infinite flight glitch with C/H-Archtype Earth! Granted, this was fixed in 1.4 but still.... This does not include the F-V.Akiha infinite. Do it and I'm beating you with a sack of potatoes anyway.
  • Shower and bathe before the tournament (I know you all are weeaboo as fuck but you don't have to smell it!).

YOU MUST HAVE A SPECTATOR PASS TO ENTER THE VENUE, NEVER MIND THE TOURNAMENT.

You can register for an event pass on the Evolution website (which is all you need, you do NOT need a competitor's pass unless you're playing in one of the official Evo games).

I can bring an actual, proper setup that's as lag-free as you can get (as long as your stick/controller/converter isn't ass). I would strongly encourage other people to bring more setups; I don't want to be there forever (it IS Vegas, after all). I also need a couple of people to help me run this thing -- Tempered has volunteered (sucker) and he's staying with me, and .

Post up if you're interested or you think it's time to move on and play with some goddamn gems. #whenstypemoon

[1] I remember with they rolled out the donation drive for the final game, one of the Cannons originally mentioned that he thought it would only take 2-3000 to win it. Which left me sitting here thinking "if that's the case, then they're getting stuck with MBCC as their final game" (and a real logistical problem -- or an nice maid^H^H^H^He-^H^Hmaidsports sponsorship opportunity). Or that it was going to take a lot more than a couple grand.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 05:40:20 PM by Dipstick »
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
Definitely would like to know who's going as well. Or at least planning to. Wanted to check interest for running back the Melty room from 2k10 if there's enough interest.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
I'll be there for the melty tourney if there is one.
~~Playing the wrong way... and somehow getting away with it.~~
<Pfhor>: no, I only have nightmares about your play numakie
<Pfhor>: because it makes no fucking sense
<Pfhor>: like WHY IS THIS HISUI DOING THESE THINGS

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
Side events were awesome last year, it even had it's own stream channel =o
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 10:55:20 PM by Cristu »
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
I would love to host people again this year (as always). 

Unfortunately, I am now working twice the hours of a full time job for half of the pay of min wage, so unless people want to literally pay for my spectator pass and my food for the entire event, it's basically not an option.  I wish I was joking.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, I am now working twice the hours of a full time job for half of the pay of min wage, so unless people want to literally pay for my spectator pass and my food for the entire event, it's basically not an option.  I wish I was joking.
Hah! I didn't even know you were still alive.

I may or may not exercise that option this year; I actually have at least a couple of other people coming with me and I currently have a room booked at the venue. I'm still at least one person short though (so if anyone wants to stay on site with a bunch of MB players, get am ne).

As for the other stuff... I might actually be able to hook you up with a spectator pass. As for food... make a large breakfast? :P I'll have a bunch of random stuff (especially if I'm staying on site), but I don't know if that would be enough.

Speaking of food: who is up to run it back the Bellagio buffet with me? :V

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
brb learning F-Vakiha infinite again  :laffo:

Anyway I'll be at Evo this year so I'll most definitely play MB! Greatly appreciating it for sure not being on the same day as P4U. Looking forward to (hopefully) meeting a bunch of WC people!

<justzar> great anime <3

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile

Hah! I didn't even know you were still alive.

I may or may not exercise that option this year; I actually have at least a couple of other people coming with me and I currently have a room booked at the venue. I'm still at least one person short though (so if anyone wants to stay on site with a bunch of MB players, get am ne).

As for the other stuff... I might actually be able to hook you up with a spectator pass. As for food... make a large breakfast? :P I'll have a bunch of random stuff (especially if I'm staying on site), but I don't know if that would be enough.

Speaking of food: who is up to run it back the Bellagio buffet with me? :V
Yeah, I wasn't quite sure I was still alive either.  :V  If you do somehow get me a pass, then I'll figure out a way to make it happen, including housing people as per my usual. 

I won't put in on playing in any side tourneys, but I will probably run some doujin casual crap like Rekkaden and Daiundousai.  I'm cool with helping run melty too, if you need another head.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
I want to play some San Guo Sha again.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 08:47:06 PM by Tempered »
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
I want to play some San Guo Sha again.
lol.  Going to lightning the entire group of people at once this time? 

And yeah, I will definitely get some of that going.  We play that shit regularly out here as it is.

We also have Dominion and a handful of board games at this point, so I can get some side stuff going with those if there's any interest.  (but imo San Guo Sha is still more fun)
---

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
We also have Dominion and a handful of board games at this point, so I can get some side stuff going with those if there's any interest.  (but imo San Guo Sha is still more fun)

I wasn't going to give a maybe I'll go and then don't go like I normally do but you just want to ruin that.

Anyone want to fly me out there on a private jet?  I'm supposed to avoid crowded spaces such as any airplane I could afford to take.  I should probably stop trying to find a way to go when I'm looking for an excuse to not go so I don't have to think about it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:55:05 PM by Zaelar »

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
I'll be there. Also would play some AH, AP, Koihime.

Offline KFL

• NTRs dakimakuras
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
Really looking forward to this. Can't wait to play the veteran players.  ;D

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
We don't play this game (anymore). :V

Reminder: Please bring setups. I'm bringing one myself, but it won't be enough. I currently plan on recording the tournament (both video recording with commentary and .rep files), but I don't have any streaming lined up. That and my streaming PC ate it as of two days ago....

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline KFL

• NTRs dakimakuras
  • Spellcaster
    • View Profile
We don't play this game (anymore). :V

Reminder: Please bring setups. I'm bringing one myself, but it won't be enough. I currently plan on recording the tournament (both video recording with commentary and .rep files), but I don't have any streaming lined up. That and my streaming PC ate it as of two days ago....

I'll bring able to bring an Asus monitor but no laptop.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
I want to hang out with people for a day or two when everyone's just gonna be chilling at the hotel rooms and not feverishly mashing tournament related stuff, so I'm guessing either Sunday during finals or Thursday before the event would be the best times.

Let me know what rooms you're in or give me some contact info so I can set up some sort of impromptu gathering where I can see you guys and maybe play some sanguosha or whatever.  My phone is 702 501 9742, text or call me rather than posting up here for best results.
---

Offline Chumara

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Lookin' for games if anyone is running Melty, it's currently midnight. Doubt anyone will see this in time but I'll check this thread for the next 30 mins or so if anyone is hosting casuals. We're in the Paris btw.

Offline KFL

• NTRs dakimakuras
  • Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Melty casuals in Numa's room at the Paris. PM for room #.

Edit: Got 2 casual stations in the beta hall.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 04:10:20 PM by KFL »

Offline KFL

• NTRs dakimakuras
  • Spellcaster
    • View Profile
GGs to Tempered, Ryd, Eugene, AKA, and Paul. And thanks to Dippy and his crew for securing a casual station for MB and the other anime fighters. Kinda sad that the tournament never happened but still had a lot of fun playing against you guys in casuals. Hope to see you guys again next year.   ;D

Offline AKA

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
GG's and shoutouts to everybody that played games with me at EVO!

Finding that MB setup on Sunday was like finding the Holy Grail. I just wish I'd found it sooner.

So much stimulation! Being a nooblord is great, because all you do is learn. I love it.

Lots of love, and I will see everyone again next year!

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
GGs to Tempered, Ryd, Eugene, AKA, and Paul. And thanks to Dippy and his crew for securing a casual station for MB and the other anime fighters. Kinda sad that the tournament never happened but still had a lot of fun playing against you guys in casuals. Hope to see you guys again next year.   ;D

Yeah, GGs in that quick set.  Your C-Arc has some fun looking stuff; looking forward to playing you again sometime if the game doesn't die for real.

Shoutouts to Pfhor for reminding me that I hate fighting Kohaku, and the other guys I played (sorry, don't remember names).  And shoutouts to the guy I made ragequit (if he posts here).  Sorry for laughing so hard, but I didn't know F-Akiha's AD could still make really crazy anti-air grabs in CC.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 11:01:32 PM by Ryd »
:prinny: