hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: [Apr 6, 2012] Texas Showdown 2012 - Evo 2012 Qualifier(The Woodland, Tx)  (Read 3736 times)

Offline Xianoir

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile

Official Thread for Texas Showdown Championships 2012

We are proud to present the 12th installment of the Showdown tournament series. This year we are pleased to be a part of the Road to Evo series.

Date: April 6-8. 2012

Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel & Convention Center
1601 Lake Robbins Drive
The Woodlands, TX 77380
1-281-367-9797

The Woodlands is in the North part of Houston, the closest airport would be Bush Intercontinental(IAH)

Hotels:
http://animematsuri.com/registration/accommodation/am-hotels/
The rate at the Woodlands Waterway Marriott is $139 as long as you mention you're with Anime Matsuri.
The overflow hotels are within close proximity to the venue and are also honoring the $139 rate.

Residence Inn Houston The Woodlands
1040 Lake Front Circle
The Woodlands, Texas 77380 USA
1-281-292-3252

Courtyard Marriot The Woodlands
1020 Lake Front Circle
The Woodlands, Texas 77380 USA
1-281-292-3262

Entry:
Venue fee is a badge into Anime Matsuri - Currently pre-reg 3day passes are $45. Prices will rise to $55 at the door. You can order your pass either at Planet Zero or online at http://animematsuri.com/registration/attendees/register-now/

Tournament fee is $10 per game
ST is part of the Tournament of Legends qualifers and is $20 to enter

Game List:
Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code(PC)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (360) Evo ranked
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012 (360) Evo ranked
Soul Calibur 5(PS3) - Evo ranked
King of Fighters XIII (PS3) Evo ranked
Mortal Kombat 9(PS3) - Evo ranked
Street Fighter X Tekken (360) Evo ranked
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend (PS3)
Arcana Heart 3(PS3)
Puzzle Fighter(Arcade)
Street Fighter III - 3rd Strike(Arcade)
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo(Arcade)
Skull Girls(PS3)

*All games are held on Xbox 360 unless otherwise stated

Prizes:
1st 70%
2nd 20%
3rd 10%

Additional pot bonuses and prizes TBA

Mortal Kombat - $200 pot bonus thanks to Insomnia Video Game Culture
Skull Girls - $500 pot bonus and custom stick thanks to Autumn Games

All Evo ranked games and BlazBlue will be a 3 part event:

SSF4AE2012, UMvC3, SFxT
Pool play
32 player Semi-finals

All pools will begin on Friday and run throughout the day. Top 4 will qualify out for the reset 32 player semi-final bracket on Saturday. The semi-final will be run until we reach the Grand Finals, then stop. Depending on the game, the finals will either be played Saturday night or Sunday.

BB, MK, KOF, SC5
Pool play
16 player Semi-finals

All pools will begin on Friday and run throughout the day. Top 2 will qualify out for the reset 16 player semi-final bracket on Saturday. The semi-final will be run until we reach the Grand Finals, then stop. Depending on the game, the finals will either be played Saturday night or Sunday.

The side games, they will be run in their entirety on Saturday.

Format will be double elimination, best 2 out of 3 for all games. Best 3 out of 5 Grand Finals.

We will be streaming the event live at http://www.twitch.tv/planetzero and http://www.twitch.tv/shinkensou

More information will be added and updated as we get closer to the event.

You can contact me for more information and registration questions at Ranma0005@txshowdown.com or Follow me on Twitter for updates and news http://www.twitter.com/ranma0005

Official Texas Showdown Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Showdown-Championships/163909740322337
Official Anime Matsuri Website - http://www.animematsuri.com

Offline Xianoir

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Texas Showdown section of the Anime Matsuri website
http://animematsuri.com/programming/gaming/showdown-2012/

Texas Showdown online tournament registration
http://animematsuri.com/registration/event-registration/showdown/

Please note, you can register and enter any tournament at Showdown, but it is your responsibility to purchase your pass for Anime Matsuri. You can purchase a badge online through www.animematsuri.com until tomorrow for $45. At the door it will cost $55.

7Sixty Studios is bringing Phantom Breaker to preview in Houston for Texas Showdown!

Autumn Games is officially sponsoring the first major Skull Girls tournament after its release in April at Texas Showdown! They're throwing in $500 to the prize pot and a custom stick for the winner!

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
Will there be Houston playerS at this event playing Melty Blood? Or will only Pete show up again?

Sorry if I sound like a dick, but I am genuinely curious. If Pete tells me that there will be more people there to play this time, I'd like to come. And I'd try and convince my fellow DFW players to come down again too.

Lets play Melty, Houston.(?)

-TexasTim-

Offline Synyster Spirit

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
    • Synyster's Harmonious Spot
Will there be Houston playerS at this event playing Melty Blood? Or will only Pete show up again?

Sorry if I sound like a dick, but I am genuinely curious. If Pete tells me that there will be more people there to play this time, I'd like to come. And I'd try and convince my fellow DFW players to come down again too.

Lets play Melty, Houston.(?)

-TexasTim-

I PM'd someone on SRK forums about this.

Conversation as follows:

How many people do you figure play Melty in that area? I live in the DFW and attend weekly meetups with Melty players in the area. I'm curious as to what we can expect if we decide to make the trip to Houston.

We generally have a dedicated scene of 10 players at PZ. Victor Le, aka Xianoir was our MB champ back in 2008 and will be in attendance. Peter, who was running the MB tournament at the event a couple of weeks ago is also helping with this as well. Some players from EC, Brandino I believe, and Louisiana are also planning to make it. It might not be the largest MB tournament you have attended, but from all accounts, it should be a pretty diverse bracket.

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
It's a good crowd. I hope they all come out in support of the game.  I know Kid Viper and Xianoir were repping Houston at Final Round, and I fully expect to see them there as well.

That said, I think it should be noted that early registration ended a long time ago -- specifically the 1st of March.  Unless they changed something, I was told by the owner himself that the only way I can get in is to pay full price at the door.  Just a heads up.
digitalpugilist.com

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
Well, we decided to go for sure to this. There will be at least 3 of us from DFW coming down to play Melty.
Peter, I'll give you more details as I get them about the final head count.
I do know that we will drive down to the event and stop at the venue until they close or whatever, and then go to you place to sleep. Not totally sure yet, but I'm thinking we will drive down Friday afternoon-ish.

-TexasTim-

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
So, how was that?
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
Well, I was kinda waiting for the results thread to be made, but...

Basically, they got voted out of their original venue space (at least that's what I heard from several people there), so there was not enough room. There was also not enough wall outlets to support the set-ups needed to run the event. Power kept going out. Tourneys all started late, like really late. MB was scheduled to start at 11:30am on Sat., but did not start till like 2:30pm, and only because we stopped waiting for them to decide to run it. Because of the power issues, there were no casual set-ups allowed for most of the time. Most of these problems were not their fault, but it just kinda sucks it turned out that way. :bricks:

On the bright side, there were some Houston players there. And they had SkullGirls set-ups to play for most of the time. :toot:

I think Melty had 15 sign-ups, More than I expected. But there was like no announcements or scheduled time for sign-ups, and the tourney start was delayed like 3 hours with no explanations or announcements to the players. I'm pretty sure there were people that missed the tourney. Communication between the TOs and the players was pretty much non existent. They literally gave us the run around when we asked them about Melty, sending us back and forth between the same guys for info.

I don't remember full results because I was not running the bracket, but top 3 was:
Xianoir C-Len
Pfhor C-Kohaku
TexasTim F-Warc

Unfortunately, I don't think any replays were saved. I didn't even know I was playing winners finals until I was a match into it. The TOs had the bracket on a laptop and gave us some paper to run matches on, so I don't think we had a good view of the full bracket at all. Otherwise I think we would have saved replays for top 8 at least.

All and all, the whole event was disappointing.

-TexasTim-

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
Wow, Phfor and Xianoir might have been a great match. It's really a shame there's no replays, I was looking forward for this tournament videos. Most of the people here on Brazil preffer to watch American tournaments because US is closer to reality and also they can understand what's happening. It's a shame the organizers failed you guys. Hope you could have some fun. Gratz for top 3, it's really a shame there's no videos

Capcom events are mostly disappointing I guess. They want us there so they can disappoint us with bad organization, no stream time and make us spend money and get even more depressed.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 03:55:28 PM by Cristu »
A little bit of console ain't too bad.