When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: 10/11 Denjin Arcade Tournament+BlazBlue Loketest, multiple games  (Read 1812 times)

Offline Soniti

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • 。。。
    • View Profile
This Saturday Denjin Arcade in Simi Valley, California (really awesome new arcade on all japanese cabinets with an owner who cares about maintaining them) is holding tournaments for SF4, Guilty Gear Accent Core, and possibly CvS2, as well as other games.

I will be holding either a single or double elim (depending on number of entries) Melty Blood Act Cadenza tournament on the MBACvB2 cabinet there,
$1 entry pay per play (25c). Pot split winner-take-all.
Matches will be one game, not 2 out of 3 games.
No characters are banned.

For Melty, signups will start at 3pm and the tournament at 4pm. Exceptions can be made for people who are traveling far -- post here and i can preregister you. The more people we can get, the better. I'd love to show the owner that there is a scene for Melty Blood so he might consider getting Actress Again.

Links to threads for tournaments going on there: Guilty Gear http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=165326
                                                                  Street Fighter 4 http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=165239

Denjin Arcade web site with address: http://zachd.com/magnetro/dja/

Note: Final confirmation is needed on this but it is looking very likely. For now, keep it on the down-low:

Confirmed, but still don't spread it too much so the line is reasonable  :toot:
There will be a BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger location test on site the same day. Likely starting sometime in the afternoon.  :fap:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 11:01:59 PM by Soniti »

Offline Hd - phnz - !!!

• Lv. ?? (Boss)
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 9008
  • BAH GAWWWDDD!!
    • View Profile
Re: 10/11 Denjin Arcade Tournament+BlazBlue Loketest, multiple games
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 11:29:57 AM »
Won't be able to show up for the actual tournament but I'll drop by in the evening.

Offline Soniti

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • 。。。
    • View Profile
Re: 10/11 Denjin Arcade Tournament+BlazBlue Loketest, multiple games
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 08:33:37 AM »
Re: The lack of BlazBlue

Quote from: AkSysGames @ SRK
I also wanna apologize to all the players that trekked out to Denjin Arcade for today SF4 / GGAC event. I know a lot you were hoping to see BB there and I wanna assure you we tried to do whatever we could to get out there for all of you. A lot of us just got from our long trips from TGS and getting to the point, we're pretty much tired to the bone. I personally tried to gather all my energy to drive up to Simi Valley but I just couldn't do it with me constantly trying to get some shut eye. Most of our equipment at the time was still overseas, so we couldn't get it down to Denjin even if we paid for overnight shipping. Having that said and I know some of were disappointed of the no-show, please accept this apology and we'll definitely try to make it up to all the players. We'll go ahead and extend BB playtest events to a few more weeks so that players can get their hands on it further. During the week, we'll post up locations where the BB playtest events will be at and we'll also try to hook up some BB shirts to folks that attend. Again, our apologies to everyone! Battle on...