hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Castle Fight Night X - The Grand Master Challenge! - November 15,2008-Centereach  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Raoh Punches Faces

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Kinnikubuster Bathroom Blow Up
    • View Profile
sorry i just copied this from "Icy Cool's"srk tourn post

======3RD STRIKE, ULTIMATE MK3, AND MORTAL KOMBAT 2 HAVE BEEN CHANGED TO PC VERSIONS, NO LONGER CONSOLE!!! PELICAN CONVERTERS WILL BE SUPPLIED FOR STICKS AND CONTROLLERS!!!=====

Hey guys, I'm pretty much coming out of left field with this one, but NEC has put me back in the mood of tournaments. Seeing as how Street Fighter IV and Tekken 6 have reignited the arcade scene (somewhat), I feel that New Yorkers (and the usual out of state crews) should get together one more time at Castle Golf for a tournament before NEC in Decemeber.

Castle Golf
1878 Middle Country Rd
Centereach, NY 11720
(631) 471-1267

I have recently purchased another splitter, this one can split HD signals (while still keeping full quality). Because of this, if someone can provide 2 HD TVs (I know that someone brought them for Smash CFN8), I'll gladly split the signal and have a 2 TV setup for that. If not, we can use it for 3S or whatever gets the most entrants like usual.

Venue fee will be $10 and tournament fees will be $5. If equipment is brought, $5 will be taken off of venue fee. You can no longer enter tournaments for free. I had complaints about pots becoming too small because too many people entered for free.

Rules are subject to change, so PLEASE KEEP COMING BACK TO THIS PAGE FOR UPDATES!!!

The games being played in tournament will be as follows:

* Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (PC (nFBA Emulator)
    * Soulcalibur 4 (Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3)
    * Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (MAME)
    * Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (PS2)
    * Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo Wii)
    * Marvel vs Capcom 2 (Dreamcast)
    * Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Alpha Anthology PS2)
    * Super Street Fighter II: Turbo (Dreamcast)

The following games will be held as side tournaments

* Mortal Kombat 2 (MAME)
    * Melty Blood (PC)
    * Akatsuki Blitzkampf (PC)
    * Hokuto no ken (ps2) - I will run this if i have enough people and a TV (regardless i wanna play casuals)

Registration for the first 3 games will start at 12 NOON and the tournaments will begin shortly after 1pm.

Whichever tournament gets more registrants will have 2 setups to ensure that everything runs quickly. Once these tournaments are done, I will begin registration for the other tournaments for 1 hour. Tournaments will begin shortly thereafter. Since only 3 tournaments will be run, I can record one game's Top 8 and burn it onto a DVD for whoever wants to make copies of it. You guys can even use my commentary setup if you wish, have a blast.

Since Castle Golf will be open for business, we will be restricted to the one party area and the outside area. The outside area, weather permitting, will be used for casuals. No tournaments will be run outside due to the possibility of glare. Because of the one room restriction, only 3 or 4 tournaments will be run at a time. Venue registration will be taken at the same time as tournament registration at the front counter by me. Mark is no longer involved with Castle Fight Night anymore. I will personally take registration money for both venue and tournament, compile a list of players in all games, and give the lists to the tournament runners so they can make the brackets.

=====THE FOLLOWING TOURNAMENTS ARE STARTING DIRECTLY AFTER 12PM REGISTRATION=====

* Soulcalibur 4
          o Being run by SweetJohnnyCage/IcyCool/MEEEEEEEEE
          o Since both systems (PS3 and 360) will be used, Darth Vader and Yoda will be BANNED
          o Because of the issue of people having custom characters on one system and not the other, no custom characters will be allowed!
          o Arcade sticks will be allowed, and I will bring one stick for each system for people to use in case you don't have one for the system you'll be playing on. These sticks will be the Hori EX2 for 360 and the Soulcalibur 4 stick for PS3
          o Standard tournament rules apply
          o 3 Round matches
          o Double Elimination
          o 2/3 Winners and Losers Brackets, 3/5 Finals for both, 4/7 Grand Finals
          o Prize structure will be 70/20/10

* Street Fighter Alpha 3
          o Being run by Phil/9.95
          o We will be using the Street Fighter Alpha Anthology for PS2
          o Double Elimination

* Super Smash Bros. Brawl
          o PLEASE NOTE that this tournament will probably run throughout the day, hence why it is starting early. I also received a few requests and complaints about it starting too late last time
          o Being run by Ryan "F'N" Mead
          o 3 Stock
          o 6 Minute Limit
          o The following stages will be used:
                + Final Destination
                + Battlefield
                + Yoshi's Story
                + Smashville
                + Pokemon Stadium 1
                + Lylat Cruise
                + Delfino Plaza
          o 1v1 Double Elimination
          o 2/3 Winners and Losers Bracket, 3/5 Finals in both Winners and Losers, 4/7 Grand Finals
          o Prize Structure will be 70/20/10

* Marvel vs Capcom 2
          o I NEED SOMEONE TO RUN THIS TOURNAMENT!!!!!

=====THE FOLLOW TOURNAMENTS ARE STARTING ONCE THE EARLY TOURNAMENTS END (Around 4pm-5pm)=========

* Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
          o Being run by SweetJohnnyCage/IcyCool/MEEEEEEEEEEE
          o Two stations will be active during tournament, converting to a back to back setup for Top 8
          o Double Elimination
          o Top 8 will be recorded once again with commentary by Tinshi and whoever else wants to!

* Guilty Gear: Accent Core
          o Being run by Mike/KayinNasaki
          o Double elimination

* Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
          o Being run by Phil/9.95
          o Double elimination

* Super Street Fighter II Turbo
          o Being run by Sean/Vizard
          o Speed - Free select turbo 3
          o Gouki/Akuma is BANNED
          o Double Elimination, 2/3 until Finals, 3/5 Finals, 4/7 Grand Finals

=====THE FOLLOWING TOURNAMENTS ARE SIDE TOURNAMENTS AND WILL BE RUN WHEN ENOUGH PEOPLE ENTER!!!!=====

* Mortal Kombat 2
          o Being run by Phil/9.95
          o Throwing Disabled Option is BANNED
          o Double elimination

More rules and tournament runners to be added soon!

P.S.
For those of you who are wondering what happened to Castle Fight Night 9, it was run by someone else, but I don't want to confuse people, so I'm just moving onto 10.

See you there!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 06:36:28 AM by Desert Coffin »

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
What brat's birthday party ninja'd our date?

Offline Raoh Punches Faces

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Kinnikubuster Bathroom Blow Up
    • View Profile
i think it was a mistake in scheduling between Castle Golf