hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: 10/31: BATTLE BY THE GAZEBO XII - HALLOWEEN NIGHT MAYHEM!  (Read 39857 times)

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
Re: 10/31: BATTLE BY THE GAZEBO XII - HALLOWEEN NIGHT MAYHEM!
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2009, 07:45:33 AM »
I'm trying to bring a portable heater, hopefully it'll be there for people to use before their match happens(although i was gonna be stingy and just keep it to myself lol)

Black people man...
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline jiyuna

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • NETPLAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2009, 09:15:20 AM »
How do you keep your hands warm for events like this anyways?

This is how we do it on EC

NETPLAY

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2009, 09:36:19 AM »
HYPE!!!!!!

I will be there as well.
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline jiyuna

• Spellcaster
  • NETPLAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2009, 08:33:10 PM »
9 Days............

Everyone better show up!
NETPLAY

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2009, 09:06:58 PM »
9 Days............

Everyone better show up!

Ulterior Motive Detected: More people = bigger money pot for winner. 
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2009, 10:33:50 PM »
Went with project c.k. and the same style as last time, just grew on me ;p.

Tell me if you want anything significant changed.

~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2009, 07:14:08 AM »
 :fap: :fap: :fap:

Well done!
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline S-Blade

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • melty blade player
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2009, 08:12:53 AM »
hmm jiyuna now that you know you'll be there, are you gonna get down some recording equips to document the legendary hype?
"HERE'S A NEW TECHNIQUE - STOP BEING A RETARDED FAGGOT" -SprtJuice on smash scene

<kijea> im like really sad life faggot

Offline Curbeh

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 259
  • Irresistible
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2009, 08:48:58 AM »
I could just bring my easy cap down and buy a mixer if nobody can bring anything.
They can't get enough of me

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2009, 04:38:25 PM »
Andrew, are you going to update us on anything?

Have you checked with people on getting televisions?

Anyone bringing recording equipment?

Anything special before / after?

:P
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline jiyuna

• Spellcaster
  • NETPLAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2009, 08:53:50 PM »
Andrew, are you going to update us on anything?

Have you checked with people on getting televisions?

Anyone bringing recording equipment?

Anything special before / after?

:P

UHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......

2x TV's confirmed right now, XAQ has 2 that we used last time; Fox said earlier in the thread that he would pick up Xaq and the TV's- maybe you guys can check with Sp00ky and see if you can crash there Friday night then transport everything at the same time.

Recording equipment? That's up to other people; if someone wants to step up, feel free.  But shit takes a lot of time and effort to get done; frankly, I don't wanna try and pressure people into wasting mad time putting up vids for what I assume is gonna be a pretty laid back tourney.

Even though we got extra time before tourney, I just want people to use it for casuals. Last tourney a couple players were complaining that they didn't get any casuals; hopefully people are respectful enough to give up their spot after a couple games.  If we have time after singles, I want to split everyone up in 2 groups and do a 10v10(or however many people show up); these are always more fun than team tournies imo.  If we don't have time, we can just use setups to finish up some MM/Grudge matches. I really wanted to hype up XAQ vs SaltKnight runback, but SK is not showing up to this.

Anything "special"? Drinks, Dice, SMM, Costumes, SPECIAL GUESTS, frostbite, MB, hype, etc etc...BBG is always special!  And I guess we going to shitty Ajisen like usual.

Someone drag Rithli out of his cave for this.
NETPLAY

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2009, 09:52:01 PM »
Extra casuals sounds great, let me know if you want me to change the times on the flyer, I might go to CF this weekend to put them up randomly, along with next Friday / Saturday, haha.

:3
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2009, 10:09:16 PM »
Everyone go down to your local Walmart and bring a bag of candy :toot:
215-218-8244

Offline Legendary Blue Shirt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 170
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2009, 07:59:01 AM »
Rayza has procured a TV.

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2009, 08:13:19 AM »
Well I'm gonna bug XAQ about a time to meet up on Friday so I can get his stuff and bring everything to Sp00ky's.

But once again, I can bring:

1 x XAQ
2 x TVs (Thanks to XAQ)
1 x Laptop with T.O
1 x Power Strip
1 x PS2 (With MBAA of course)

Also:
Everyone go down to your local Walmart and bring a bag of candy :toot:
If you can find Strawburst Jellybeans to bring, I'll spot you the whole weekend.  :teach:
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt

Offline AzureMoon

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Pishi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2009, 04:26:43 AM »
Went with project c.k. and the same style as last time, just grew on me ;p.

Tell me if you want anything significant changed.

WAA.... so HORROR RAWR! o_o.... I wish I can go there =( Exams are coming soon XD... so good luck for those who participate in this event ^_^ and I wanna see those future videos of Master Chibi interview random people like the previous event X3

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2009, 11:13:42 AM »
@ Jiyuna
When you get the time, could you please finalize/update the event information on pg1 (post2). Specifically the start time for the singles (since we will be getting 1pm-8pm this time around), the singles format and teams format (doing 10v10 now?), and any rules/stipulations changes you altered (Like "hype stages only" for GFs. List said hype stages or just say you have precedence in stage selections lol). Some players (like myself and zaelar lol) are anal about this kinda stuff and I intend to bring a printout of the format/rules this time around  :blah:. Also, request to update donor list please and has the event been cross-posted on SRK already?

That being said, I will 90% likely be at Bloodying By the Guillotine to help out!

@Fox
Wahhap'n? Thought you said you were bringing your TV in addition to Xaq's 2? I also have a 25" (I think it's a bit smaller than that) that I can bring but someone will have to bring a PS2 RF Switch to play via antenna. I'll go as far as putting the TV in my lap for the ride if I have to, assuming you won't have room in the back. Please consider this cus I'm fiending to see more TVs get delivered (on time) this time. And I'm not talking about the ghetto one that didnt work the last time.  :-*

@XieXie & S-Blade
Wow, dat dedication. Good stuff, the both of you and I hope y'all have fun!

@Kirby
I could just bring my easy cap down and buy a mixer if nobody can bring anything.
Yes, if this can easily be hooked up I beg of you to at least bring it. Check with Spooky/Jiyuna and see if you can hook up to other tv setups to cap casuals and stuff. I'm assuming Spooky is holding down (just) the Top8 portion of the BBG media as always and it's only right that he gets priority in which set he wants to use to record any footage. I'm going to try and see if Mynus can bring his card/laptop down too for recording casuals/prelims or something. His setup is braiiiinnnnnlessssss. That being said:
@Spooky/Jiyuna
Please consider the recording of casuals and/or non-Top8 material. I personally believe that our community can vastly improve with access to match footage of more people playing (i.e. the saps that couldn't make it to top8). Spooky , I know you said that this time around you will be editing, encoding and upping ONLY top8 footage this time around and I'd like to help you fulfill this promise so I am personally volunteering to purchase dvds, compile some non-top8 footage (really easy with the cap devices- trust me) and distribute to the BBG entrants at the end of the event. You'd only have to tend to top8 productions and nothing more. I'm hoping that you, Jiyuna and myself could further discuss this as a group before a final decision is made on this subject (as there may possibly be issues with timing w/in the event).

@Chibi
Yeah...............dats good stuff derr wit dah flyerr. :tup:

@All Donors
You guys donating items for the event need to seriously show up well before the start time (12pm recommended).

Ok, I'm done. See you all there.............................

........................................maybe   :P

-Edit-
I got a surprise for Top2 placers that I hope will start a BBG tradition....Don't worry, it's nothing homo. (...or is it?) :mystery:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 01:08:54 PM by Zartacus! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2009, 12:34:25 PM »
i would think they would bring some equipment since alot of people we don't normally see are coming..

also zar is gay.. I KNEW IT..!!
Basically... kind of a big deal....

Offline jiyuna

• Spellcaster
  • NETPLAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2009, 01:48:08 AM »
@ Jiyuna
When you get the time, could you please finalize/update the event information on pg1 (post2). Specifically the start time for the singles (since we will be getting 1pm-8pm this time around), the singles format and teams format (doing 10v10 now?), and any rules/stipulations changes you altered (Like "hype stages only" for GFs. List said hype stages or just say you have precedence in stage selections lol). Some players (like myself and zaelar lol) are anal about this kinda stuff and I intend to bring a printout of the format/rules this time around  :blah:. Also, request to update donor list please and has the event been cross-posted on SRK already?

I'll copy this into 1st post.

CASUALS FROM 1-3PM, TOURNAMENT STARTS AT 3PM. PERIOD.
The extra hour we got is great, but I want to use it for casuals since we have a lot of new players joining the scene.  Those of us who have done 12+ hour casual sessions over Sp00ky's might be sick of it, but I remember back when I was starting tournies I would go just to get in games against good players.  
:'( :'( :'(

SINGLES IS FT2, FINALS FT2, GRAND FINALS FT3. STANDARD BBG RULES (keep char, flip for side, etc). If you OCD players try and start arguments over stupid shit (like coin toss procedure), I'll just give you back 5$ and take you out of tourney.  

IF TIME PERMITS, I WILL RANDOMLY DIVIDE EVERYONE INTO 2 TEAMS AND DO ONE BIG TEAM TOURNAMENT 1$ entry (if you a man, use a diff char than you did in singles. Not necessary, but encouraged). These are always more fun, imo; everyone gets involved and makes sure everyone is watching the match/cheering for team instead of playing EFZ in the corner.

HYPE STAGES-first of all, we gotta remember to turn SE/Voices down and turn the BGM up before tourney. And yeah, fuck it, I'll pick stage for finals (with crowd approval). I want dat FATEFUL SHOWDOWN, but anything hype (NOT RED STAGE/RYOUGI) should be good.  If this shit gets recorded we gotta remember that people who weren't at the event will be watching and anything to build up the HYPE helps.

FOX- I'm just posting shit online; you're the one who's actually gonna make this tourney happen. Can you get in touch with XAQ and confirm the TV situation? Kirby/Rayza are confirmed for 1x TV; XAQ said he had 2 and you said you had 1- does that mean we got 4 TV's available? Can you let me know what's good? I can provide hype, "beverages", and candy; but i'm assed out when it comes to transporting TV's. Let me know soon so I can start working out other arrangements if need be.

Chibi, good job on posters. Gonna take them to CF on day of BBG and try to recruit more people.

Thread was posted on SRK a few days ago, but needs other people to take it off 3rd page. http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=213287
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 02:00:57 AM by jiyuna »
NETPLAY

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2009, 07:41:15 AM »
Here's the flyer with updated times~

~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2009, 10:30:24 PM »
I will pick my own stage regardless of who says what >:( 8-)

Tournament Ready Stages:

Satsuki Night Stage
Anime Aoko Stage
Wara Stage

..thats it!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 10:32:08 PM by Aviators »
215-218-8244

Offline jiyuna

• Spellcaster
  • NETPLAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2009, 11:09:44 PM »
UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH TVS.

That's what we gotta get settled before THE BIG DAY. FOX/XAQ can you fools get in touch with me plzzzz?

Hal- you're banned; don't show up.
NETPLAY

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2009, 12:45:44 AM »
As much as I'd like to join in, I can't. Being on the other side of the world and being a teenage student, it'll take many miracles for me to join this tourney.

One thing. After watching the videos for BBG XI, I suggest that you set the "Once Again" to "Quick" to save time. Unless you set it into "Normal" for whatever reason.
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2009, 02:29:17 AM »
If I bring a TV, it will probably be that flat one from NEC. I will probably have to bring a big suitcase to fit it in though, lol

I will confirm the night before!
215-218-8244

Offline Tinshi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2009, 04:14:28 AM »
GET HYPEEEE MBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap:  :prinny: :prinny: :prinny: :prinny: :prinny: :prinny: :prinny: :prinny: :prinny: :prinny:
XAQshinor (12:27:12 PM): Yea I won but I'm still salty