hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: 2008 Melty Cup - US Championships  (Read 118262 times)

Offline Tsubasa☆

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • 2πr(θ/360)
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Melty Cup - US Championships
« Reply #300 on: July 21, 2008, 08:34:23 PM »
Currently, we are planning to have the tournament on Friday night as well, so your information is correct.

Can we have an official definitive on this?  This'll determine when I ask for time off and leave for Evo.  I had originally planned to arrive on Friday night, but if this is the case, I can move things up a little.
-Tsubasa

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
« Reply #301 on: July 21, 2008, 10:59:15 PM »
I'm willing to lower the fee, actually. I was actually thinking about making the 3-man team entry exactly $100, or $33 per team. That might make change-making kind of problematic though, but at least it makes the math easy. We can make it $35, that might be easier.

-Charging "$150" per team when only one person is entering is unfair if the person only gets one shot. For $150 he should have three 'lives', per se. But that opens up a whole new can of worms ('buying lives'), so I'll issue the ruling that the team minimum requirement is TWO members ("$50" per person). A 2-man team must play with their handicap. It is highly recommended to find a third member.

Also, our tournaments must be finished before Saturday, because all side-tourneys are CLOSED on Sunday for finals. If we're going to do both singles and Melty Cup, one of them had better be on Friday. Because team tournaments almost always do better if they're placed before singles tournaments (whereas singles tournaments have the same amount of entrants no matter what), Melty Cup will be on Friday.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 11:02:32 PM by Arlieth Tralare »
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline Qaenyin

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 22, 2008, 12:07:44 AM »
Thanks for the update arly, glad to see this didn't keel over due to lack of interest.

So, regarding teams, will it be 1v1(times number of people on teams) and the winners fight eachother until one team is out of players, or will it be more of a stock sort of thing where one person fights until they lose, next person fights till they lose, etc, till one team is out?

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 22, 2008, 12:52:35 AM »
Main-teams(this) on friday, main-singles on saturday, and I have a couple other ideas for side-side-events if there is interest and time, which would be done earlier, before the main side events.  I'm not too worried about the time, however the interest part is up in the air.

I'm guessing we're bumming in people's rooms on sunday, which is good for a lot of casuals and any money matches that didn't happen.(or runbacks)

I assume it's one person plays until they lose, although everyone playing once then winners play works too.

I was considering suggesting a $100 entree fee for a lowered amount, but I feel it's better to go with $90(or $105) for the change part.

Charging full price for a one person team isn't any more unfair than someone not being able to get top-player teammates.  Charging 1/3 price for a one person team(or 2/3 for 2) isn't unfair since everyone has that option, although it does sort of defeat the purpose of a "team" tournament.  Same for giving one person 3 lives.  I say charge a flat amount per team, max 3 players, and you don't get to enter yourself twice, although there isn't anything wrong with the other ways.

Offline Qaenyin

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 22, 2008, 03:16:41 AM »
Main-teams(this) on friday, main-singles on saturday, and I have a couple other ideas for side-side-events if there is interest and time, which would be done earlier, before the main side events.  I'm not too worried about the time, however the interest part is up in the air.

I'm guessing we're bumming in people's rooms on sunday, which is good for a lot of casuals and any money matches that didn't happen.(or runbacks)

I assume it's one person plays until they lose, although everyone playing once then winners play works too.

I was considering suggesting a $100 entree fee for a lowered amount, but I feel it's better to go with $90(or $105) for the change part.

Charging full price for a one person team isn't any more unfair than someone not being able to get top-player teammates.  Charging 1/3 price for a one person team(or 2/3 for 2) isn't unfair since everyone has that option, although it does sort of defeat the purpose of a "team" tournament.  Same for giving one person 3 lives.  I say charge a flat amount per team, max 3 players, and you don't get to enter yourself twice, although there isn't anything wrong with the other ways.

Personally I dislike 1 person plays until they lose because it means if they're the best on their team then their teammates get virtually no matches.  Even if their teammates all lose, the result would end up being more or less the same, so I'd say make it 3 1v1s and winners fight eachother.

Offline AkiraTheMastodon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • 暁を映して。
    • View Profile
    • My u2b.
« Reply #305 on: July 22, 2008, 04:35:10 AM »
yessssss
2 people for tourneyyyy
Do we still need to register our members before Evo?
Name courtesy of LoliSauce.
俺のパーフェクトさんすう教室。
答えは答えはゼロ人ゼロ人
なぜならなぜならそれは。。。 幻想郷にバス無い!

Offline jocund

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 22, 2008, 12:04:20 PM »
yessssss
2 people for tourneyyyy

I found out that, if you didn't even register for Evo, you're not getting in. Doesn't matter if you're not participating in the main events, you still had to register just for Evo.
Dae: Nice try Tom you did your best!
Tom: I'm going to punch you!

Yukio Sumadera (12:50:54 AM): cause Dizzy is hot ABigStrongAsian (12:50:56 AM): lol Yukio Sumadera (12:51:13 AM): and Bridget is......appealing Yukio Sumadera (12:53:00 AM): Roll Casket though.....now that....i would hit anyday

Offline Munsu

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 22, 2008, 12:48:52 PM »
Aight, after a little browsing on the SRK forums, I got this:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=152972&page=4
(4th post down from the top)

So basically, all the meltybread stuff will not require any registrations from EVO itself. The only thing that's still unclear is whether the loke test for games like SFIV and BlazBlue will also let the BYOC people play, or just limited to registered EVO attendees.
Nerina: WAKE UP SUPAAA!

Offline AkiraTheMastodon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • 暁を映して。
    • View Profile
    • My u2b.
« Reply #308 on: July 22, 2008, 03:03:21 PM »
yessssss
2 people for tourneyyyy

I found out that, if you didn't even register for Evo, you're not getting in. Doesn't matter if you're not participating in the main events, you still had to register just for Evo.
Who said anything about me registering for Evo itself? I meant for the team tourney.
And yes, I already did. :V
Name courtesy of LoliSauce.
俺のパーフェクトさんすう教室。
答えは答えはゼロ人ゼロ人
なぜならなぜならそれは。。。 幻想郷にバス無い!

Offline jocund

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 22, 2008, 09:00:10 PM »
yessssss
2 people for tourneyyyy

Who said anything about me registering for Evo itself? I meant for the team tourney.
And yes, I already did. :V

Well thats good, I'm just saying from my friend who has gone every year saying if you don't register, you can't even get in anything, just passing on the info for others who never gone to Evo  :psyduck:

Yukio Sumadera (12:50:54 AM): cause Dizzy is hot ABigStrongAsian (12:50:56 AM): lol Yukio Sumadera (12:51:13 AM): and Bridget is......appealing Yukio Sumadera (12:53:00 AM): Roll Casket though.....now that....i would hit anyday

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #310 on: July 22, 2008, 09:15:25 PM »
um

i went last year and knew plenty of people who came for byoc and didnt pay a dime
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 22, 2008, 09:21:04 PM »
It would really suck if registration was necessary just to be in the BYOC room. Venue fee was $30 last year, now it's $50. :psyduck: I can live without playing the loke test games.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Nightvoomer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • logical conclusion of playing H-Akiha
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 22, 2008, 10:02:10 PM »
I have a room reserved at the Tropicana for Aug 7-11, Right now its Me, Jiyuna, and Pfhor. I'd like to get 2 to 3 more people to room with.  Send me a PM if you are interested.
<GenericSu> actually pfhor is just one of those super anti nero guys

Offline Kryojenix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 23, 2008, 12:35:01 AM »
yes, you do have to pay even if you're not entering any tournies this year.  you pay me
y'all niggaz is gay

Offline Pfhor

• Spellcaster
  • Beyond the 1% barrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 24, 2008, 05:17:17 PM »
LISTEN UP MOTHERFUCKERS....

...welcome to evo 2k8

Our room has 3 guaranteed people (me, voomer, jiyuna) and 2 tentative ( Tare and Zaido) making 5 people. We want 6 total so anybody interested talk to Voomer or I.

EVO 2k8 LETS GO.

Offline jocund

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: July 24, 2008, 09:20:35 PM »
Jaxx should definitely do the commentary for the Melty Cup  :prinny:  :V

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #316 on: July 24, 2008, 10:50:57 PM »
So should Bell and Tinshi~

Niggas gotta be drunk though.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline jocund

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 25, 2008, 12:12:16 AM »
So should Bell and Tinshi~

Niggas gotta be drunk though.

Jaxx, Bell, and Tinshi all commentators while drunk... XD

Offline Jaxx

• Old Dirty Bastard on the Microphone
  • NIGGA NERO BITCH!
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Huaaaaaaaaaaaa bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 28, 2008, 10:09:33 AM »
speaking of that guy...............

I found out choco hoed out on evo.

I gotta find a way there, and I don't have much time.  I'm hoping one  of my smash buddys will go.  We just wanna play for the lulz
Back in full FX, again.  Getting back into practice, well, that's another thing all together.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 28, 2008, 11:21:13 AM »
speaking of that guy...............

I found out choco hoed out on evo.

I gotta find a way there, and I don't have much time.  I'm hoping one  of my smash buddys will go.  We just wanna play for the lulz
Jaxx, get at me ASAP. Not everyone in AZ bailed, and I already have a place to stay procured (for both of us).
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Qaenyin

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 28, 2008, 07:38:06 PM »
The number of people not showing for evo is kind of... depressing.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #321 on: July 28, 2008, 09:17:48 PM »
Wow wtf.

This is supposed to a representation of how our scene is growing guys, what the fuck is going on?
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Spirit Juice

• 「God of Commentary」
  • OKKUSENMAN! OKKUSENMAN!
  • Magic Circuits: 24
  • 1000% Master Sparking
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 29, 2008, 09:33:46 AM »
Wow wtf.

This is supposed to a representation of how our scene is growing guys, what the fuck is going on?

Hey if it makes you feel better the turn out for GG is not likely going to be impressive either.  :teach:
<kijea> Nerina
<kijea> can i play sex with you

Offline REAL DAKANYA TALK

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
  • BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 29, 2008, 09:49:48 AM »
Wow wtf.

Hey if it makes you feel better the turn out for GG is not likely going to be impressive either.  :teach:

hey if it makes you feel better the turn out for smash is going to be incredible
NERINA IS A MURDERER

Offline Nightvoomer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • logical conclusion of playing H-Akiha
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 29, 2008, 10:20:13 AM »
<GenericSu> actually pfhor is just one of those super anti nero guys