When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Linked Events

• [日本] 東京: 2011 Hydra GP Melty Blood Championship: September 24, 2011

Author Topic: (9/24/2011) Hydra GP Melty Blood Championship Title  (Read 41995 times)

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
(9/24/2011) Hydra GP Melty Blood Championship Title
« on: September 05, 2011, 06:55:27 PM »
Hydra GP Is having an open exhibition on September 24th, 2011 in Tokyo, Japan at 10:00AM~7:00PM in the Tokyo Metropolitan Industry Trade Center (address details below).  This will be the first event with free play for v1.07 of MBAACC available. 

Ecole CEO and Arcadia Editor in Chief will be in attendance. 

The CEO of Ecole will be announcing the complete financial report for Melty Blood, and giving a status report on Under Night In-Birth.  The Arcadia Editor in Chief will give an interview and talk with the tournament winner and a discussion about the event.

You can register at the door, but the tournament limit is 64 people.  It costs 500 Yen ($6.00 US) to register.

The winner receives an autographed copy of the Melty Blood 1.07 edition of Carnival Phantasm 3.  In addition, they will receive a one-of-a-kind pendant. 

There will be free play of 1.07 when the tournament isn't running.  This tournament will have similar prestige to GO1's victory in SBO and Hare's ladder ranking victory last year, and Hydra GP/Arcadia is looking to make a new plate to enter a champion into.  In short, this is going to be the biggest melty blood event of the year, so if you're going to be in town after Tougeki, this is what you want to goto. 

Kiriya, Jin, Niiya, and SAT have already announced their attendance. 

Source: http://hydragp.info/archives/3295 You will need to preregister with a Hydra GP Account and follow the according link if you want to participate. 
〒105-0022
東京都港区海岸1-7-8
東京都立産業貿易センター
浜松町館

It Begins.

To clear up some misconceptions:

1) About the schedule, 11AM is when registration closes and v1.07 Freeplay will be available from 10AM->11AM.  Finals are expected to start at 3:30PM.  The award ceremony will start at 4:30.  After the award ceremony, Under Night In-Birth will debut a new character. 

2) This is a 1.05 tournament, and the last major 1.05 tournament.  1.07 will be available for free play from 10AM - 11AM but they will then switch out the cabs for 1.05 cabinets.  This of course means the tournament will be held on arcade cabs, and not on PC.  1.06 will not be released, it was petitioned by the MB Community to continue development into 1.07 by GO1 and a handful other of top players.  Ecole listened.

3) I do not know when the v1.07 copy of Melty and Carnival Phantasm 3 will be delivered to the tournament winner.  Even if they receive it on site (highly unlikely because Carnival Phantasm 2 won't be out for another month yet), I doubt that said person will be leaking v1.07 or anything of the sort.  Infact, I think it's somewhat disgraceful that more than one person came to ask me the possibility.  Of course, that would be detrimental for the game, the scene, and everyone would know who leaked it (since only the winning copy would be released) and that person would probably be banned from tournaments in the future.  I will be at Winter Comiket when Carnival Phantasm 3 and MB1.07 is released, so if anyone wants a copy of the game from then (I will return to America shortly later), contact me and let me know.  I will buy the copy for you while I'm there, assuming I've been forwarded the cost of the game.

4) I believe that there will be a Q&A time available, but I hardly think this will be a press conference for people to ask and answer questions.  I know we all have things we want to ask, but I feel like this will be mostly an opportunity for the top players to mingle with the staff and get some ideas before 1.07's release.  Again, I hardly think 1.07 will be released on the spot to the tournament winner.  I will confirm after the event.

5) UniB will be given a status report, there will be no free play for the game available to my knowledge.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 05:23:45 PM by Komidol »
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline Pfhor

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Beyond the 1% barrier.
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Hydra GP Melty Blood Championship Title
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 07:00:08 PM »
pretty fucking hype

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 07:00:26 PM »
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 07:30:45 PM »
So Who's making the donation thread to go to this?

Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline papagaio

• Spellcaster
  • a.k.a. Vinn Aleixo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 08:00:08 PM »
inb4 no streaming and no nico vids
THERE IS ONLY ONE F-TOHNO IN LATIN AMERICA.

And this Tohno... IS ME!

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 08:08:59 PM »
inb4 no streaming and no nico vids

I suspect it will be very difficult for me to get videos inside but usually loketest videos get put up.  I will atleast try to bring an audio recording device but I can't guarantee the quality.  Anyone want to listen to me do this radio-style?
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 12:23:10 AM »
If you can get vids and have an audio-only recap(maybe Shinobi will do a Donjon special and you can be a guest)would be awesome.
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 01:49:57 AM »
I'm willing to put 50$ that Niiya wins this shit.  I'm thinking about setting up a betting plan so everyone can bet on who they want to compete.  Who would want in?  Minimum bet 20$, splitting the odds like a race track setup. 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 01:53:52 AM by Komidol »

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 07:21:40 AM »
Front page'd~
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 09:11:54 AM »
If you can get vids and have an audio-only recap(maybe Shinobi will do a Donjon special and you can be a guest)would be awesome.

We (Me, Brandon, and Komidol) discussed this last night over mumble. This will be September's show.
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 03:54:51 PM »
I'm willing to put 50$ that Niiya wins this shit.  I'm thinking about setting up a betting plan so everyone can bet on who they want to compete.  Who would want in?  Minimum bet 20$, splitting the odds like a race track setup.

Who is Niiya playing nowadays?
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 06:16:15 PM »
Mostly see him play C-SAkiha.

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 04:02:02 PM »
Mostly see him play C-SAkiha.

Figures lol but yeah, HYPE!!! American players there hopefully will be in there.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2011, 05:13:33 AM »
In addition to Kirito and Genri, Korean CL has confirmed his flight out, making this the first multi-national Melty Blood tournament to ever take place in Japan for Melty Blood Actress Again. 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 05:18:59 AM by Komidol »

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 06:11:19 AM »
In addition to Kirito and Genri, Korean CL has confirmed his flight out, making this the first multi-national Melty Blood tournament to ever take place in Japan for Melty Blood Actress Again.
Now thats something to get hype about!
Do you think we'll have a stream?Or do we have to settle for vods?
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 06:41:48 AM »
If past events are any indication, 1.07 Loketest will have a stream going.  I don't know about the tournament itself, though.  I'm fairly sure, like all major Japanese events though, no attendee's may have recording equipment. 

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 09:19:46 AM »
if by chance 1st place winner is interviewed at some point, someone should press the victor to blurb existence of international scenes (to ecole/frenchbread/whoeverthefuck) and their expectations/excitement of the upcoming pc port.

prolly won't happen but. . .just sayin'.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 09:27:11 AM by ZARtacus! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 10:59:57 AM »
if by chance 1st place winner is interviewed at some point, someone should press the victor to blurb existence of international scenes (to ecole/frenchbread/whoeverthefuck) and their expectations/excitement of the upcoming pc port.

prolly won't happen but. . .just sayin'.

Since LK is here I'm going to introduce him to all the top players today.  I think that's a good idea also, Zar.  So, I will tell all of them that should one of them win, to please mention the international communities strives and efforts recently.

I had a talk with Korean CL.  We're going to try and steal 5 Minutes of Ecole's CEO time to talk about the community and the game from an International perspective.  For a short time, Kamina, myself, Dakanya, and CL have had an international group on Hydra GP and we have been talking a lot with the JP community.  So me and CL will be having a talk with him. 

I could use some help with this (I would especially like Curbeh's input), because this is a big chance for us to deliver a message directly to Ecole's CEO.  If anyone wants to bounce some ideas or highlight ideas that are very important, now is your chance.  Because of how big the event, it's only a potential shot, but me and CL will be making every stride. 

Remember, Ecole is a business.  So try to make points that potentially lead to making money.  That's what they'll listen to the most. 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 11:02:39 AM by Komidol »

Offline Kamina

• Spellcaster
  • I'm awake! I'm wide awake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2011, 11:11:28 AM »
America, you have 2 weeks.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2011, 11:12:25 AM »
why is your english so bad
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2011, 11:13:19 AM »
why is your english so bad

Living in Japan for months, etc....

Offline ShardZ

• Wheelchair Pimp
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 11
  • Even MI gets 2A'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2011, 11:53:07 AM »
Omega hype.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2011, 12:44:09 PM »
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 12:47:12 PM »
heyp
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2011, 12:50:49 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhRf2mYrZmg&#t=47s

HYPE HYPE HYPE  :o HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE RRRRRNNNGHH  :o HYPE HYPE  :o HYPE HYPE  :slowpoke: