hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Linked Events

• --- AH3 & MBAACC --- Rockem Sockem Regional's (Char: June 23, 2012

Author Topic: --- AH3 & MBAACC --- Rockem Sockem Regional's (Charlotte, NC)  (Read 6393 times)

Offline 7thfonon

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
ReSe for the first time will be supporting and running AH3 and Melty. With very few TO's that still support these games, I hope to see people try to take the opportunity, and come out to support! Hope to see you guys there! 

ATTENDEE LIST

Arcana Heart 3

North Carolina
TheArm05
Alicechan
pwsBrent
Longshot
7thFonon
Dollar
Narcowski
South Carolina
Jaguar
Eskay

Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code

North Carolina
Alicechan
7thFonon
Dollar
Narcowski
Georgia
ZomB

*** The TO has specified that he needs to know how many people will be coming for AH3 and MBAACC, so please post up if you plan on attending for either Arcana Heart 3, Melty Blood, or both games. This way we can be guaranteed space for setups.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DATE / TIME
June 23, 2012  ----  12:00pm

VENUE
Hilton Charlotte University Place
8629 J M Keynes Drive
Charlotte, NC 28262

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/north-carolina/hilton-charlotte-university-place-CLTHUHF/index.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMES
BB
3SO
AH3
SCV
MK9
MvC3
SSF4AE
MBAACC
Tekken 6
KOF XIII
SFxT
Skull Girls
Smash Brothers

STREAM
www.resetourney.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules:

Standard EVO rules for all games. I will announce any changes made if needed.

All Games:
Regular matches are best out of 3 rounds out of 3 games
Finals and Grand Finals are best out of 3 rounds out of 5 games
Winner has character lock

KOF XIII:
Winner has character lock and cannot change order of their team.
Stage select is open but Ash's white stage is banned.
All games are 2/3 including Grand Finals

SCV:
8wayrun Rules

Smash Brothers:

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Tournament_legal_(SSBB)
http://pixelcon.ua.edu/super-smash-bros-brawl-tournament-rules/
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:42:01 AM by 7thfonon »

Offline ZomB

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
    • View Profile
Re: --- AH3 & MBAACC --- Rockem Sockem Regional's (Charlotte, NC)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 09:15:28 PM »
The main problem with advertising the June tournament for this game, is that there's a relatively high chance of it overlapping with Battle by the Gazebo(BBG) -- and even if it doesn't it will probably be the week after, that's why I wanted to hype up the July tournament.

If they're not on the same day I plan on definitely showing up to this tournament whether Melty Blood was run or not. At any rate as far as long-distance travellers go I don't think it will get high attendance and I'd rather advertise his July monthly as the major turnout/mini major.

Of course I'm always grateful for more people running Melty tournaments, especially in this day and age. At any rate it will be a good chance for me to meet and talk to locals in that area who are interested in the game. :)

On that note I'll be coming from Georgia.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 09:21:31 PM by ZomB »

Offline 7thfonon

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 09:33:41 PM »
Cool, I'll add you to the list. See you there.  :)
But yeah, I'll be in full support for whenever July comes around as well. Kinda like what you said, it's great to see more events. Just the exposure itself will be good for Melty.

Offline ZomB

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 09:38:18 PM »
Well, it's NOT good if people come out to this from where ever, see a small turnout, and don't come back for what should have been the big turnout. Since this kind of came from an idea where I'm advertising getting everyone together etc and aiming for well over 30 people, I just kind of wanted to leave a disclaimer so people know this isn't the "big event" but I don't really want to discourage people from coming out to it if they can/understand that :)

Offline 7thfonon

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 09:53:34 PM »
The attendee list should give everyone an idea of how the turnout the will be. The idea to push this forward also came into conjunction with some of NC's Arcana community as well (which is why there is a list for Arcana as well). So it made sense as Brian (the TO) also mentioned that he's full support of these games starting this June.

ZomB, I apologize if this event may cause any conflict. I'm the same person who gave my own tournament winnings to help the NC Arcana scene. The last thing I would ever want to do, is trash an event or ruin someone else's plans to better the community.

Regardless, I hope to see a strong showing for the people who can afford to go to both events!!

Offline ZomB

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 01:21:57 AM »
Oh no, I'm definitely psyched about an extra day of Melty! Don't get me wrong. I just wanted to make it clear to everyone I'd talked to in the past about the "bigger event" that this wasn't it :) I'll definitely be there if it isn't the same day as BBG!

Offline arvy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • Strawberry Häagen-Dazs®
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 06:36:34 AM »
Is there a Shyoryuken thread as well?

7th Fonon do you know anyone or yourself. That's willing to take a traveler from Durham?

Offline 7thfonon

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 08:41:22 AM »
I would maybe talk to Jon Slayton (who usually offers rides to ReSe) or any of the other Raleigh guys on the SRK NC thread about carpooling. There are also some guys in Durham (TitaniumBeast and SaisyuuKusanagi) but I don't know if they're going to ReSe or not.

We have a pretty good amount of players in the RDU area, so I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find a ride.

Here is the SRK link..... This is also the same link for any ReSe tournaments in the future (or past), as the TO just updates the first post every month for new events / info.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/jun-23-2012-rockem-sockem-regionals-charlotte-nc.141545/

Offline ZomB

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 06:10:57 PM »
Bumping this. You should put a date in the Topic line!