When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Airdasher Chronicles Ch. 1 - Sun, 7/12/09 - Family Fun Arcade, Granada Hills, CA  (Read 3196 times)

Offline Id_asz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • DP > Whatever you're doing
    • View Profile
Airdasher Chronicles
Chapter 1: The Dawn before EVO

This is an event holding multiple Airdashing fighting games on the same day. Times and rules may change.

BlazBlue:
2v2 Teams:
Time: 2PM
Price: $3 per person, $6 per team
Format: Pokemon style

Singles:
Time: 6PM
Price: $5 per person

If people can bring in their consoles we can set up multiple stations. I'll be bringing my PS3 + game.

Guilty Gear XX Λ Core:
Singles:
Time: 2PM
Price: $3 per person

No Teams are planned, but we can hold one after if there's a demand for it.

Melty Blood Act Cadenza:
Singles:
Time: 6PM

The version at the arcade is vB1. However, we can set up computers with the game on it on some of our console screens, which would look sweet. I have PS2-to-USB converters, so bring your PS2 sticks.

Twinkle Star Sprites:
Singles:
Time: 5PM

Never played TSS? Try it out, it's a versus shmup and it totally kicks ass!

All games will be double elimination 2/3 matches.

Because of the large line-up I absolutely have to have some volunteers to help me run the tournaments. I can't run 2/3 tournaments at once. Also, if anybody is willing to bring in your consoles for any of the games listed (PS3 for BB, PS2 for GG, PC for MB) it would be greatly appreciated and help make the tournament go faster.

Also, if anybody wants to hold a tournament for another game, let me know and we can plan something out; as long as you're willing to run it there shouldn't be any problem.

If you have any questions let me know, I'll be glad to answer.

Mirrored at: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?p=388810#post388810
Family Fun Arcade
10363 Balboa Blvd.
Granada Hills, CA USA;
(818) 360-0419 BB:Carl; MB:Ciel; AH:Akane; GG:Baiken

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
  • Magic Circuits: 213
  • you're sick, sick as all the secrets that you deny
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
Oh sure.

You hold the TSS tournament the weekend I'm out of town so you can proclaim victory. Dirty tricks.
there's someone inside me that softly kills everyone around
they don't know they're dead to me 'cause intent never makes a sound

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
Infinite

Airdashing

Miniature

Princesses
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Id_asz

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
If you want to run an IaMP tournament alongside it be my guest. I don't think enough people have heard of it here, but don't let that stop you. I've got my hands full with running tournaments, so I can't do some of those more obscure games. Same reason why I'm not running AH, EFZ, or any of those other fighting games. BTW, how is SWR? I've played IaMP, but I haven't had a chance to try SWR.

Oh sure.

You hold the TSS tournament the weekend I'm out of town so you can proclaim victory. Dirty tricks.

Muahahaha! I'm always up for a TSS challenge. Hopefully you can make the next TSS tournament? Maybe there will be a teams tournament then, too; we shall see...
Family Fun Arcade
10363 Balboa Blvd.
Granada Hills, CA USA;

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
Muahahaha! I'm always up for a TSS challenge. Hopefully you can make the next TSS tournament? Maybe there will be a teams tournament then, too; we shall see...

Jerkass. You haven't beat me yet. :teach:

But yeah, Tom and I will be in NorCal that day. :P Next time, next time.

Offline Id_asz

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile

Jerkass. You haven't beat me yet. :teach:

But yeah, Tom and I will be in NorCal that day. :P Next time, next time.

That's what I heard, it's a true shame.

And though you totally are better than me at TSS. I did knock you into loser's at WT12 (I think it was 12) <.< >.>

You then prominently got ticked off, and dominated everyone in loser's; I got knocked into loser's by Tom and you crushed me T_T.

Mostly though, I wanted a rematch with Tom. Every match we've fought in TSS tournaments we've gotten down to the final round and he wins.

Have fun in NorCal.
Family Fun Arcade
10363 Balboa Blvd.
Granada Hills, CA USA;

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
Ticked off = 500 faeries in your ass :toot:

We'll be driving up on Friday for a wedding. :psyduck: Not sure we're going to have "fun" per se, but we will be trying to get together with the SJ crew for dinner atl east one day while we're up there. :V

Offline Id_asz

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
I might have another TSS tournament on August 2nd. It's a bit too far to plan ahead, but I'll try and let you guys know as far ahead of time as I can plan.

When Tom was here a couple of weeks ago, I challenged him at TSS and he said he retired. If that's true, I guess that would make you my #1 rival in California, Kemi...  :psyduck:
Family Fun Arcade
10363 Balboa Blvd.
Granada Hills, CA USA;

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
Retired? He's a filthy liar. You have to main a game to retire it. :teach:

Offline Id_asz

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Mirrored at Dustloop.com

Terribly sorry about not posting results, I've been terribly busy and it's been slipping my mind.

Enough excuses, here's the results:

BlazBlue Teams:
1st: Corner Combo (Copper Dabbit [Arakune] & Goryus [Nu])
2nd: Rabbit Out of a Hat (Kro [Rachel] & Id [Carl])
3rd: Hell From Above [Arakune]
4th: Team Wut (Render [Jin] & Soniti [Rachel])
All other teams:
Team Zac (Mike Z. [Tager] & Zac [Haku-Men])
Rawrgna (Diar [?] & BatsuHSS [Ragna])
$2.99 ($2 [Arakune] & Seungpyo [Taokaka])
Tagumen (SDCT [Tager] & Dan [Haku-Men])
Have a Nice Day (David & Advent) [I think Arakune and Nu, but I'm not sure]

BlazBlue Singles:
1st: Goryus [Nu]
2nd: Copper Dabbit [Arakune]
3rd: Seungpyo [Taokaka]
4th: Soniti [Rachel]
6th: Render [Jin]
6th: Torn Apart [Bang]
8th: Almighty Gnat [Tager]
8th: Mike Z. [Tager]
Everyone else:
Raptor [Noel]
Id [Carl]
Zac [Haku-Men]
Diar
Gamerboy15
S. Camera [Noel]
Batsu [Ragna]
Tronzilla666 [Arakune]
O. Jeff

Grand Finals info:
Goryus wins Set 1: 3/2; Goryus wins.

Guilty Gear:
1st: Mike Z. [Potemkin]
2nd: Seungpyo [Potemkin]
3rd: Jason D. [Axl]
4th: Render [Johnny]
Everyone else:
BatsuHSS [Order-Sol]
Gibby Jane [Sol]
Dan [Johnny]
Id [Jam]

I had a blast in GG, even though I'm a complete noob at Accent Core. I almost got one round on Mike Z., but he pulled off some crazy glitch where I bursted while he grabbed me. I need to practice more GG in the future.

Melty Blood:
This was a Round Robin tournament:
1st: DJ Vest [Ciel]
2nd: Id [Ciel]
3rd: Soniti [Akiha Tonho]
4th: Raptor [Hisui]

Normally how I would do a Round Robin tournament is, the players with the most points and 2nd most points fight in Grand Finals. 2nd place player has to win 2 sets while 1st place has to win 1 set. Well, in this case there was a tie for the most points in the Round Robin. So, both players did a single set of 3/5 matches. DJ Vest won 3/2 matches (congrats). Grand Finals vids are coming soon on Youtube.

Twinkle Star Sprites:
Round Robin tournament:
1st: Id [Nonja Monja]
2nd: Zac [Nonja Monja]
5th: Gibby [Really Till]
5th: Gayane [Load Ran]
5th: Mel [Tinker & Linker]

More of you need to get into this game >.<. Props to Gayane for giving me the biggest challenge of the tournament, keep practicing with Zac and you'll get really good. Zac, you've got the right idea about stalling or hastening combos in order to purposefully make your opponent send them back at you. I think you just need to start working on knowing how to perfect combo each group of mobs as they come at you. Tinker & Linker are top tier for a reason, if you charge for your special attacks and let go right next to the bar at the center it will instantly be over on your opponent's side. I recommend Tinker & Linker or Macky & Pentell, their specials are really effective, and their charge attacks are really useful, too. Nonja Monja isn't too high on the tier listing, because you'll almost never get hit by his specials; but his specials are a great tool for when you get into heavy pacing matches (that's what I use him for). As NM, you don't use your specials to hit your opponent, but you use your normals, something that most T&L and M&P players aren't used to.

Let me give a really big thanks to everyone who entered any tournament. You all seemed to have great sportsmanship and I know at least I had a lot of fun and hope you all did too. A special thanks to Goryus and Copper Dabbit for coming all the way from NorCal, for lending out a PS3 and game, for running the BB tournaments so I could focus on the other three tourneys, and for teaching us that we all suck and need to play as Nu or Arakune in order to win a tournament >.<. Thanks to everyone who brought a stick and let others use theirs.

The next tournament will be sometime after EVO and won't be nearly this big. It'll be BB singles and GG singles. Hope to see you for it.
Family Fun Arcade
10363 Balboa Blvd.
Granada Hills, CA USA;