hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Battle by the Gazebo 6: Path to the Pavilion -- Chinatown, NYC - 8/2  (Read 44459 times)

Offline Raoh Punches Faces

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Kinnikubuster Bathroom Blow Up
    • View Profile
Re: Battle by the Gazebo 6: Path to the Pavilion -- Chinatown, NYC - 8/2
« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2008, 12:53:53 PM »
im gonna try my best to make it out there again the only thing stopping me is if i have band practice.....most likely there will be blitz  if i bring my tablet i have it on mine but not sure if i wanna brign it in the heat..

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #126 on: July 28, 2008, 04:10:56 PM »
Things are looking up for me as far as making it to BBG7, Sorry I can't make it to BBG 6 (If only it was two weeks later  :emo: ). I'm already looking up airline tickets to Philly and catching the Bolt Bus with LK, so it looks I'll be dusting off nearly 5 months worth of dust off my Ciel. The ONLY thing I'm worried about is the day I plan on leaving which is the main reason why I didn't book my ticket yet. Worst case scenario is that I leave Sunday afternoon instead of Monday Evening like I plan.

Anyways can't wait till then and I'll be sure to be up to speed by that time.
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline jiyuna

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • NETPLAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2008, 05:12:06 PM »
I know *some* of you are hoping on getting dat floor space at a certain godfather's house on 8/23 BBG, which is up to you... But this BBG is gonna be BIG, and I'm sure he's not feeling 15 randoms coming to storm his place for the weekend, so..

I've been looking into NYC hotels for 8/23 BBG (Sat night)- average price seems somewhere around 180$ for the night, which is not bad at all if there's a couple bodies splitting the cost. I'm guessing the event will probably be over around 10-11pm, so unless you really wanna get back that same night, probably best just to crash in NYC overnight. I'll try and get a good hotel in the city so people can check out some shit and not have a hard time getting back to busstop/trainstop/airport/etc.

Let me know who's up for it, if enough people are in then I'll book it this weekend. And if you are really broke (even for EC standards), let me know and maybe I can give you closet space for cheap.
NETPLAY

Offline Sphyra

• Spellcaster
  • Mind Over Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2008, 05:24:29 PM »
What I want to know is anyone going back to port authority when this is all over that would hold my hand? I don't want my neet ass getting lost in new york city.
Don't give in to astonishment!

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2008, 05:50:51 PM »
What I want to know is anyone going back to port authority when this is all over that would hold my hand? I don't want my neet ass getting lost in new york city.

No.

BUT if I was going there I would gladly hold your hand.
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2008, 05:12:50 AM »
8/2 (this Saturday)

With EVO just around the corner, this upcoming Battle By THE GAZEBO event (BBG6) would be a good opportunity for ECMB players to brush up their skills, refine their game play, and gain more matchup experience in time for the "big day".

Procedure will follow the same as in past BBGs: Stick-only casuals (at CF), intermission (ie-food), tournament event at Columbus Park (by dem HYPE MACHINES!).

Now at the last BBG(5), we were fortunate enough to get TWO (shut up, Bell) MB stations setup inside of CF. Players were able to get in more games and because we had such a nice flow going, I permitted the use of non-stick peripherals (oh my gosh) for those players to warm up . Unfortunately, you will never see this happen again. Apparently, two setups are a bit too O.D. for my friend who works at CF during our casual sessioning (taking up too much space, blocking other cabinets and such, too much hype, etc). He was kind enough to let us set up in the back and even keeps a look out for the manager (who would FLIP if he knew what we were doing) so it's understandable why I must respect his wishes. In other words, we're back to one (stick-only) setup.

Now because I'm such a nice guy, I will cut this wks pre-tourney casual session at CF down an hour and setup a bit earlier at the park so that the non-stick users get to warm up in a casual session before the start of the tournament.

See you all in a few days and remember: if you're going to EVO, this would be a goooood chance for you to get naisu for one of the biggest MB events of the yr. If you ain't going to EVO then stay muthafukin' HYPE and keep supporting the scene.

Reminders:
  • Bring your own seats
  • Bring your own controllers/controlling devices
  • If you bring a converter, MARK IT and keep track of where it is
  • A tripod for the camera would be nice. If you have one, please share. =D
  • Portable speakers for added hype would be nice. If you have a set, please share. =D
  • Stay hype (but EC never forgets that. OOOOOHHH  >:( <-- :hypeface:)

***8/23 info will be edited into this post...probably***

Saturday, August 23rd 2008...

Oh boy. . .This. . .could possibly be the BIGGEST MB gathering not held at a major/mthly event. This. . .may exceed a level of epic that is beyond my control. This. . .will require the assistance and cooperation of ALL who intend to show to "This" event.

. . .An event so mind-blowing that I'm not sure if it is able to bear a title. . .An event so immense that it will need its own thread. . .An event so hype that Snapple machines alone will not be able to fuel it.

We need more. . .we need. . .THE GAZEBO

« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 05:36:01 AM by ZARtacus! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Twinniss

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2008, 09:23:44 PM »
Edit:

just use caster instead
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 07:08:28 PM by Twinniss »
Words of a wise man
[20:13] <@bellreisa> with practice mode you can turn 10% into 100%

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=232643&p=8761841&viewfull=1#post8761841 "For Instance, Cammy's strong kick(crouch) is two frames, because it takes almost 2 seconds to do"

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2008, 08:04:43 AM »
Warakia is finally gonna play some Melty!!!
215-218-8244

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 01, 2008, 03:51:29 PM »
Twin: Requiring a program for a controller is not allowed.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 01, 2008, 05:22:07 PM »
lol Keyboard Crushers. They do it to themselves. =/

But here's what I can try to do: Since Zaelar obviously doesnt want to risk any harm to his laptop (and that's his choice, dammit!) we can try to run the said program on someone else's laptop, should there be other people present to provide one, and the kb player can have his matches played on that. But of course there can be an issue with having the program run on their laptop as well (lol). I have no problem w/ the program being run on my laptop BUT i'd advise against anyone using my laptop for serious/tourney/mm matches (dat lag).

And looking at Twinniss's post, this shit looks overly complicated for no reason. Which is probably why most MB tourneys dont even bother w/ the trouble and say 'fuck it, no kb's allowed'. KB players need to just chock it up and invest in a cheap pad (or stick if youre a real man) if they intend to compete at events not in front of their pc. =/

@Zaelar: If there is some issue that I overlooked concerning installation of kb programs or using kb coupled w/ the programs Twinniss has mentioned (which supposedly allow you disable the ability to control your opponent) please let me know so we can sort this out. ( '_')d
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Twinniss

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 01, 2008, 07:07:41 PM »
oh wait, you won't even need ma programs, i forgot caster has all of this built in

you guys are using caster right??? so replays will all always get saved

just go into the config

Look for these lines

[INPUT]
inputDevice=0
# Your pad number (starting from 0 for the first pad) or 255 for keyboard.

# Keyboard inputs. Check keycodes.txt for appropiate numbers.
kLeft=0xCB
kRight=0xCD
kUp=0xC8
kDown=0xD0
kA=0x31
kB=0x32
kC=0x33
kD=0x34
kQ=0x24
kAD=0x25

# The values below are only used in broadcast mode
inputDevice2p=1

kLeft2p=0xCB
kRight2p=0xCD
kUp2p=0xC8
kDown2p=0xD0
kA2p=0x31
kB2p=0x32
kC2p=0x33
kD2p=0x34
kQ2p=0x24
kAD2p=0x25

and change inputDevice1/2p = 255

@generic, if you want q to be on k change kQ2p=0x24 to 0x25
Words of a wise man
[20:13] <@bellreisa> with practice mode you can turn 10% into 100%

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=232643&p=8761841&viewfull=1#post8761841 "For Instance, Cammy's strong kick(crouch) is two frames, because it takes almost 2 seconds to do"

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2008, 02:07:06 AM »
It's not so much a problem with the program itself but the logistics of having to change it every time someone wants to play and it needing to be on all setups(for larger tournaments).  Same with drivers.  Trusting the programs is another issue that sometimes comes up, for example I'm not putting x-box drivers on my laptop but I wouldn't have a problem with your program, which creates an issue.  I'm not putting in the rules that only programs/drivers trusted by me get to be used, and what if theres another setup that has x-box drivers but not your program?  Too many issues for a problem that already has a hardware solution (custom ps2 controller made with keyboard keys).

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 02, 2008, 06:18:50 AM »
Leaving out right now, hope everyone makes it safely
215-218-8244

Offline Anakron

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • what is this I don't even
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 02, 2008, 06:42:12 AM »
Leaving out right now, hope everyone makes it safely
Yeah, we wouldn't want you to get hurt now.  >:D

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2008, 06:48:38 AM »
Bitch I can still post from my phone
215-218-8244

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2008, 05:55:18 AM »
Bitch I can still post from my phone

As I'm typing this I'm watching you sleep.  As I gently caress your arms you smile as if you are having an intimate dream with me in it.

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2008, 09:14:39 AM »
dont we all have dreams with you in it!!!!

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 11, 2008, 01:16:59 PM »
@Zar you still running mb next week?

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 11, 2008, 11:33:26 PM »
i thought it was the 28?
Basically... kind of a big deal....

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2008, 02:38:36 AM »
zar posted this above the 23? ::)

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 12, 2008, 02:34:36 PM »
Yeah its the 23rd

So what gimmick is this BBG gonna bring to the table? Buying slip n slides and playing on Brooklyn bridge? :psyduck:
215-218-8244

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2008, 04:47:29 PM »
The path to the pavilion has been set and thus. . .A new chapter of poverty begins
http://www.meltybread.com/forums/index.php?topic=1758.msg42951#msg42951
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 04:50:50 PM by ZARtacus! »