hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Battle by the Gazebo 6: Path to the Pavilion -- Chinatown, NYC - 8/2  (Read 44557 times)

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
(8:30am)

...I'm up
...And Im ready

Edit: AAAGGGGGHHHHH!
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Anakron

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • what is this I don't even
    • View Profile
I think I did pretty good for someone who doesn't even play the damn game.   :psyduck:

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
Speed results for bbg2
13 total entries

1) Zar
2) Sp00ky
3) Master Chibi
3) Zaelar

Full results, brackets, reps and maybe vids will be up by Monday in BBG results thread. Thanks again to everyone that showed for yet another epic mb street brawl.  :psyduck:
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline jiyuna

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • NETPLAY
    • View Profile
gj zar.
NETPLAY

Offline Raoh Punches Faces

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Kinnikubuster Bathroom Blow Up
    • View Profile
damn i wanted to come but i was damn broke >:(  im definatly goin to the next one

Offline DarkSaint

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • You already know
    • View Profile
I was another one of the broke people who couldn't show up. Keep it going and more heads will show up. Maybe me on the next one.
<kijea> anyone pick me up for AM4
<kijea> plz
<kijea> i will suck ur dick

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
EC STAND UP!!

(then get ready to sit on a tile/concrete floor lol)

So I decided to stick w/ recycling this thread to announce all BBG events in the future. Made some minor updates to the first post along w/ the next tournament date. The first post entry (5/13) is lacking hype at the moment due to my current lethargy (zar needs a refill on his aaaghh-get-hype meds). Once I manage to gather my thoughts I'll be able to spice things up a bit.

Until then, think melty thoughts.  :fap:

Offline Sphyra

• Spellcaster
  • Mind Over Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
I'm only waiting for this to turn into a 2 days event to go down there. Niggas in the streets of New York with sleeping bags for weekend long melty please.
Don't give in to astonishment!

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
  • Magic Circuits: 213
  • you're sick, sick as all the secrets that you deny
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
Hay Zar. Do you want me to sticky this?
there's someone inside me that softly kills everyone around
they don't know they're dead to me 'cause intent never makes a sound

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
^ Only if I get to "sticky" youuuu  :-*

lol j/k (not really) sure, go head. thnks

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
damn allready a 3rd one...im gonna try my best to go to this ;3

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
So anyone down for those Simon MM's?

Also I'll try to make it down before the casuals end, so my first time playing of the day isnt a tourney match. :lawlz:

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
im to fast for ya fox!!!! ;D

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
Yooooo, It's just about that time, folks. Time for another bum-fest on the streets of Chinatown NYC so get your empty coffee cups and recycled newspaper blankets ready for dat Columbus Park camp-out.

Over the last couple of weeks there have been TWO ECMB events (East Toast 1 & C3) and if you attended at least one of them, there's no excuse for not having your A-game present at BBG III. Now if you didn't attend at least one of the afforementioned  events you need to go on a fast cus you're obviously not hungry enough for dat melty hype :blah: . (Don't be surprised if you get your shit bodied for slacking too :moar :blah::  ).

Assuming Mr. Weather cooperates with us for the weekend (I'll go more into detail on this in a bit), this BBG will pretty much follow the same procedure as the last two BBG's: CF Stick-only casuals, $1 Single Elim Tourney, followed by BYOC Casuals. This time around, "seats" will be available for the princesses that can't bear to have their gowns tarnished and I am currently searching for a (humorous) "trophy" to hand to the victor of BBG III. Similar to a Boxing division or circuit, the top ranked contender will be issued with a title and belt ("trophy" in this case) and must defend this title in future events. Should the current title holder be bested, they must forfeit their title to the new champion! Now I didn't think past "what if the current champ doesn't show to the next BBG?" yet but I'll probably do something along the lines of having the former champ just forfeit the title by default or have the two title holders battle it out next time around (which could probably get messy if multiple title holders don't regularly show to BBG events :< ) - I really haven't decided yet.

Ok, back to the random douchebaggery that is Mr. Weather. Now according to Weather.com, the forecast for Saturday, June 7th shows a peak temp of 86 and....dum dum DUMMM..."Isolated T-Storms". With BBG's main attraction (1, one and gtfo tourney) being outdoors this will obviously be a problem so I have decided to place the fate of the next BBG in the community's hands by having you all choose between one of the following options should the sun not smile upon us that day:

A) Bump the Single Elim tournament time slot up to 4pm. since we won't be able to run MB off the laptops after 6pm, this will mean less Stick-only Casuals in the beginning (starts at 1pm) and less or possibly no casual play after the Single Elim tourney. *edit* or we can just make stick-only casuals, byoc casuals
instead.

or

B) Push BBG III back to next week (Saturday, June 14th)

Please post up and tell me what you guys think.

Contributions to future Battle by THE GAZEBO events

BBG is a desparate, last-ditch effort to try and keep the non-netplay ECMB community together and for NYC locals/neighboring counties & states, to get down on some lag free comp as well as being give players the opportunity to meet their enemies and heroes face-to-face. But let's face it: this shit is poor and shady as fuck. I mean, we have to run shit out of an arcade on laptops on the low then when it's time for us to peace out, we head to a park to play next to a bathroom lol. Much love to everyone who has endured this so far but if we all work together things can be a bit more commodious for you and your fellow MB'ers. Here are some basic items that you can supply to help things run a bit more smoothly:

Chairs
Not everyone is capable of playing on the mean, cold, rough, concrete streets of NYC and you may just be one of those people. If you are, you should probably try bringing a small stool or chair with you to play in a manner that makes you most comfortable and relaxed. Now I know that if you're coming from quite a ways to attend BBG events you probably don't want to lug extra shit for and 1 1/2+ trip so I will ask from the NYC locals: If it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you please bring a folding chair or stool of some sort to share with others when they are up for their matches. You can also donate a chair and either Sp00ky or I will hold on to them and bring to other events. I will personally be bringing two "chairs" for BBG III but feel free to bring your own just in case.

Power Strips
The more the merrier, especially if people are bringing their own laptops for the casual sessions. We need to juice as much of New York's energy as possible! Bring your own if you can or donate =D. Don't forget that you're responsible for your own shit so keep your eyes open.

Extension Cords
You know, I would like to see how far we could get with Operation Bathroom Siphon one day lol. If people are willing to give this a try, post up and let me know who's bringing a cord. Oh, and be sure you have a good lawyer too.

Not so "simple" items

Tripod
Well, we have a functioning (real) camcorder to work with now to record Top4 footage but we need to step up the quality with the non-shaky-cam productions. The tripod I had was seized by family members unbeknownst to me so my plan is to invest in a new one probably by the end of the mth. I'm open to (small) $$  donations if anyone would like to contribute. If you have I tripod of your own and would like to share it for the day, please post infos. Here's to the future of quality ECMB footage.

Megaphone/Bullhorn
I just can't say no to this. I'm so damn hype for hyping up the players during matches (oh yeah, and making important announcements) that I just must have one. Or maybe I just like being loud - AAAHHHHGG, ECMB, GET HYPE!!! Anyway, expect to see one of these in about 2 BBG's or so. Again, open to small $$ donations, just come see me if you're down.

Travel tips
Out-of-towners, please provided and travel tips. They can be useful for others not familiar with the area or may not have solid directions to go by. Bus, car, train, whatever travel tips are welcome. They will be added to the travel tip's section in the first post.

So anyone down for those Simon MM's?

Also I'll try to make it down before the casuals end, so my first time playing of the day isnt a tourney match. :lawlz:
Moar hungry, less sleep, MS  >:(.

And for anyone that doesn't know wtf Fox is talking about with the Simon MMs ---> http://www.meltybread.com/forums/index.php?topic=1508.0

@Phae
I know u iz comin' to dis, rait? D:<
ECMB needz to make some noiz wit dat ridic speakerbag u got der. Don't let us down laik dah last tyme, g. Wun luv.

@everyone else
To those who can make it: I hope you enjoy yourselves and remember: MAYK SUM NOIZ! STEP IT UP! STAY HUNGRY! GET HYPE! (RANDOM ALL-CAPS EXCLAMATORY)!

CUWICU
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 08:00:23 PM by ZARtacus! »

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
UPDATES!!

Two new posts added to Tournament Rules and Format section of the first post. Look for [*added 6/4]

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
I'd rather bump up the start time than delay it a week.

Offline Anakron

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • what is this I don't even
    • View Profile
TF sounds mad fun right now too.

I'd bring my stick but I have a bullshit converter. :-[

Offline Jealousy

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
I live in NY, I'mma try and make it over there.
'm totally hot and fiscal for you. Lick my hard cash.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
THIS JUST IN:

Weather Status for 6/7

BEASTLY (good)
 :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

Partly cloudy with a high of 93 degs! Gonna also be humid that day but IT'S ALL GOOD. GO, MELTY BLOOOAAAHHHHHHGETHYPE!!  :psyduck:
Let's make this another hypetastic event and support the EsCene.

On another note...

I know it's a bit early to be posting this but my plan for the next BBG event (BBG IV) is to run a 2v2 single elim, team event in place of the singles event that we have had in the past. As much as I would like for the 2v2 to be a non-duplicate team event, we just dont net enough players to make this happen. Those that are interested should try to get an idea of who you would like to pair up with NOW because you have a lot of time ahead of you as I'm scheduling the next event date for Saturday, June 21 (6/21). Be sure to take what you absorb at the next couple of BBG's to the next East Toast II event that takes place on the following weekend cus I'm sure that will be quite serious as well.

I'll repost this info in the first post a few days after BBG III. Stay tuned and stay hungry.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
2v2 team event
sage
fail
lose
you're doing it wrong
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

...well maybe random teams could be fun...but still...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
don't worry, this is just an experiment and I don't plan to do this often. also I'm giving the regulars/locals ample time to put a team together for BBG IV. and hell, if it flops, then we can always call the audible and switch to singles that day. =/

...random teams isn't a bad idea either.

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
  • Magic Circuits: 46
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
I think a megaphone is a very bad idea and will call unnecessary attention to us by park staff.

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
Although very unlikely I'll be able to show for this, I'll see about coming down to support the game. I have another tournament to care for on the same day, which makes my time very limited.

Either way, make shit pop off RECKLESSLY

YOU ALREADY IN THE STREETS
215-218-8244

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
Once again I'll be there to get knocked out first round again, unless I can catch a few casuals beforehand to prevent that from happening.

Oh and anyone wanna team up for the next tourney? (planning ahead)  :teach: