ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Poll

What day is BBG best for you guys?

5/26
6/2
6/16
6/23
Is there a July option?

Author Topic: BBG XIV?: Resurrection?  (Read 25031 times)

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
Re: BBG XIV?: Resurrection?
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2012, 03:37:55 PM »
tears

yo shiki
megaman by the gazebo???!

Hell fucking yeah.

If melty isn't going on, megaman tournament! Real talk.

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2012, 06:46:20 PM »
I can get the gazebo, its the fact that we have to bring our own power.

Like I said, if everyone still wants to come to this then I have no problem doing so.
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2012, 08:00:10 PM »
guys guys, we're on laptops, we can just charge at the nearby dunkin donuts and keep playing off battery!!11
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline The505

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • #maidsports
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2012, 08:00:41 PM »
I do remember you from #iamp. I wasn't at NEC though. At any rate I thought you lived in GA! Maybe we just got really low pings or something.
oh my bad. it was Baco i played at NEC.  :slowpoke:

lol, yea we did get bad ping. I got better internet so maybe that wont be a problem anymore. I should pop in #iamp, I haven't played in a while and i love that game! :D

guys guys, we're on laptops, we can just charge at the nearby dunkin donuts and keep playing off battery!!11

:fap: :fap: :fap:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 08:02:41 PM by The505 »
<Killfiend> God I love melty
<Killfiend> So much comeback potential,yet it doesnt really on retarded mechanics like xfactor and ultras

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2012, 12:25:46 AM »
Sorry guys, I actually tried to get a generator to rent for the event and there's just too much bullshit that I'm trying to deal with just for this event.

If I can get unified help/response, then I'll get back on this. But as of right now, no more BBG unless everyone wants to just take this to Next Level.
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2012, 01:09:19 PM »
lets go to next level then?

if we coordinate with a TSB event, mb would easily have the most entrants...

EDIT: plus, tbh, NL is easier to get to for people south of new york, i dunno about new england guys though
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • {Secret Society Chancellor }
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2012, 02:32:27 PM »
I agree with LK, but it'll also probably need to have a different name as well possibly an entirely new event in its self.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2012, 08:24:07 PM »
You want to run a Melty centric event at NL?

As in nothing else going on that day?

That's pretty ballsy, consider no one god damn enters the tournaments at TSB events either :|
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
  • {Secret Society Chancellor }
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2012, 02:14:25 AM »
The publicity Chibi, MB needs to be better promoted and we need to have better support and more setups. I think it's worth at least one more try. Like asking people the day they want it to happen and then correspond it, that would be kind of cool. Our own type of major you know? Could be sort of a revived BBG, I think it's worth at least one more shot. I mean we know at least those that'll show up, Me, You, LK will go anywhere there's Melty really, Roku will most likely follow LK to the ends of the earth. Kashif, will maybe go so I don't think the idea is too unrealistic.

We need good publicity, earlier planning, also designated people who will bring their setups, the stream issue to be taken care of pre-event instead of fumbling around when it's time for finals. I know the venue fee is a bit of a turn off, but I personally think the game is worth giving it another shot. I mean more people showed up to my house to play melty than TSB events so I know people are willing to play. Like back in the day when you use to make flyers for the events and just those would get me amped I remember the satsuki one *shivers.*

So in-closing I believe it deserves another really hard try, at to not be a tournament on the side. Not to be shoved in the corner like a crying EMO kid a joint collaboration by every one.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 02:19:39 AM by o}HellRose{o »

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2012, 06:49:39 AM »
You want to run a Melty centric event at NL?

As in nothing else going on that day?

That's pretty ballsy, consider no one god damn enters the tournaments at TSB events either :|
yup, chibi, not only is it 'ballsy' it's damn near impossible to set up for the simple fact that henry will not open up a premier day (ie saturday) for a tourney that would likely pull in less than 30 unique entrants. I know this only because we tried to set up Skillionaire Fighting for Saturdays and Cen wasn't trying to hear that noise (considering the last few events during my absence had such poor turnouts, this reasoning couldn't be disputed). The MB community would have to prove themselves by pulling in consistent numbers (through side events, I guess) and show that there is a strong enough following for the scene in order to branch out and run a 'melty-only' event.

Smash, TSB, and Savage Saturday events have already established such commitment and consistency and thus have the 'best day' on lock atm. The other option, aside from running mb as a side, would be to host the event on either Friday or Sunday...Not sure who'd be willing to come out for those days (esp. non-locals).

If I weren't running Skillionaire this summer, believe me, I'd be fighting City Hall tooth and nail to make BBG work! lol

« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 07:02:20 AM by ZARbomb »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2012, 09:19:24 AM »
lets go to next level then?

if we coordinate with a TSB event, mb would easily have the most entrants...

EDIT: plus, tbh, NL is easier to get to for people south of new york, i dunno about new england guys though

NL is easy enough for us. Parking is much easier than parking near the gazebo, to be honest

If something does go down, count me and at least a few other MB guys from New England area to show up!
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2012, 11:58:10 AM »
Roku will most likely follow LK to the ends of the earth.
lol?

Sorry but I'm kinda done with pc scene the last TSB tourney we had. I didn't care about PC for sailor moon since that's just straight up poverty, but I'm tired of it otherwise. I've said this before, but I'm just playing MMOs while waiting for AP and P4U.

I dunno what you guys would have to do to get this to work, though.... I think having it at the gazeebo is kinda out by this point, so the best bet would probably be what LK said, to run it at TSB. I don't really see this happening otherwise. As for whether or not I show up, that depends on whether or not I'm bored and if St1ckbug offers me a ride again, but who the fuck is roku so w/e
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2012, 02:13:29 AM »
yeah so its not hard

we dont even really have to peg henry for a day, lets all agree to go to one specific TSB for once?
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2012, 05:45:08 AM »
I agree with LK, but it'll also probably need to have a different name as well possibly an entirely new event in its self.

If it would be an event outside of TSB series, just name it the Battle By The Next Level series like the last one we did when the whole Gazebo thing didn't work out. Also, if this is going to be during one of the TSBs, I think giving Melty players about a month & a half or two helps for those traveling OoS because there is large interest in players outside the NL NY/NJ area & those are potential numbers too.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2012, 06:25:45 AM »
Well TSB are a monthly occurence, so to be honest I don't think this will make a difference because you guys would have shown up to at least the last 3 so the number of entrants would have broken into the double digits.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~