hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Battle By the Gazebo X --"We got dis" Edition-- June 20th (Access. . .GRANTED!)  (Read 17775 times)

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
Re: Battle By the Gazebo 9&10 - Battle for Blitz 'n' Gravy Edition
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2009, 10:19:33 AM »
The last time I set up my laptop at the usual spot I was told to pack up.
...uh-oh. Just curious- how long ago did you attempt this and was it by officers or staff?

ATTENTION!!!

Also, due to a little boo-boo and a misunderstanding, the date has been pushed back to JUNE 20th!!! This is the expected date as reservations aren't set in stone with NYCParks. We may perhaps get the week before or after the date requested and we will definitely keep you all informed as progress is made. Just focus on the tentative date (JUNE 20th) and try to work this into your schedule if you're showing up.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

**First post updated**
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Curbeh

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 259
  • Irresistible
    • View Profile
We are all still down for this Saturday though, right?
... Bu-, I think I might screwed.
I'm definitely coming June 20th, however as for this Saturday, I'll have to see if things clear up...
They can't get enough of me

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
Re: Battle By the Gazebo 9&10 - Battle for Blitz 'n' Gravy Edition
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2009, 10:19:16 PM »
...uh-oh. Just curious- how long ago did you attempt this and was it by officers or staff?

IIRC the day after bbg eight.  By staff.  Just told me I couldn't do that, I shutdown/unplugged, ended up playing blitz on battery on the benches.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
We are all still down for this Saturday though, right?
... Bu-, I think I might screwed.
I'm definitely coming June 20th, however as for this Saturday, I'll have to see if things clear up...
Uhh yeah, this saturday (May 23rd) is still good. Good stuff for trying to make it out to both BBG9 and BBGX as I know you live quite a ways from NYC. If you can't make it to BBG9, don't sweat it. The BBGX runback will give you enough time to gather your funds for leisurely things so you can have a good time when you're out here. Good luck making it to either.

Btw If I'm not too busy in late may/early june I may just try and host a BBG9.5 or something. I would like everyone to get in as much experience as possible before BBGX comes around (myself included).

HAIPU

IIRC the day after bbg eight.  By staff.  Just told me I couldn't do that, I shutdown/unplugged, ended up playing blitz on battery on the benches.
Hmm that was quite a while back but even then I may have to keep my guard up. Well as I said before when we were running the BBGs last year: you can't expect much from the vendor setup as we are 'borrowing' power in a non-legit manner. We could get shut down at any point...but I guess we got lucky the last 7 times.

Hopefully the venue permit situation is resolved then we won't have to be looking over our shoulders for park staff to roll up (lol sigh, east coast).

See y'all this weekend!
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
BBG9
May 23rd (Saturday)

Location 1
(Meetup Spot)
2pm @ Chinatown Fair (8 Mott St.)

&

Location 2 (Migratory Spot)
4pm @ Columbus Park (Moscow & Mulberry Streets)

*Use Google's map feature for directions and more details.

Game: Akatsuki Blitzkampf (PC) version 1131sp1

Format
  • Extended Casual ABK Session and Info Exchange (i.e. you get raped and learn stuff about the game too)
  • Default in game settings (Timer:99, Rounds 2)
  • BBG 1-1-&-1 tournament upon request!
  • Macros: Allowed!
^ Just a reminder.

Man, I can't wait to get in games on Saturday. Gonna play Blitz until my hands break!  :fap:

Making some updates to the BBGX rules. It's pretty minor stuff but still good for the players to know about:

Start/Pause button must be mapped to the keyboard. No exceptions. It's impossible for the two players to accidentally pause the game in this situation. Just do it and there won't be any trouble i guarantee it.

Map buttons properly before you begin your first match. Please don't pause (which will be on the keyboard) at the round start to adjust or double check your button layout. Start up training mode and confirm there if you have to. And please don't ask your opponent at the start of the match "hey, let me check my buttons really quick" then proceed to confirm during a tournament match. This is really annoying and some of the anal players (like myself) believe that every second on the clock counts. Don't fux with the flow.

Random select for stages unless you're playing against a Soldat or Anonym user. This is kinda important lol. Soldat and Anonym have very bright contrast projectiles. On two of the twelve stages these projectiles become extremely difficult to see most of the time (Marilyn Sue [The Docks] & Anonym [The Church]). Unless you enjoy the challenge of playing Where's Waldo with bullets, it's recommended that the stage is chosen manually. Your best bet is to chose a dark bg stage like Soldat's and Adler's. If you've already started a match but forgot to choose the stage just restart before any damage is exchanged.

**Still looking for donations for BBGX. Check out the OP to find out how you can contribute!**
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 11:37:42 AM by ZARtacus! »

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Did you talk to Rithli incase we can't get our spot infront of the Snapple Machines?
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
At this point in time I can neither confirm nor deny my presence at this event.

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
Hope to see some of you fools there tomorrow.

HYPE!1
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
Just found out I have a working mic. I'm kinda hype to do commentary now. My speakers are rather boss too...AAAAGGGHHH!! lol

Hope things fall into place tomorrow. Let the poverty continue!

See you when I see you.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Just as another heads up, there is a 35% chance of rain / isolated thunderstorms tomorrow, be forewarned.

:prinny:
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
I UP!!!

...AAGGGHHH! lol

Just getting in some last min MYC pad practice and amagiri match viewing before I step out lol. Hope people hung out their teruterubozu's last night (...dont ask).

Offline sibladeko

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
    • FUTAE NO KIWAMI AAAAAAAAAAH!!!
I hung mines upside down :V
Nah sorry I'm on call all of fucking Memorial Weekend, sucks shit.
Why do I always get the holidays?
"It's like Marvel with all Cables!"
-jwong on IaMP

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
I hung mines upside down :V
Nah sorry I'm on call all of fucking Memorial Weekend, sucks shit.
Why do I always get the holidays?
damn man, the really fucking sucks to hear. Missed out on that 8man  blitz hype.

speeaking of which, brackets will be going up soon. shoutouts and all that in the BBG9 results thread.

results:(8total)

1] Zar
2] Nas
4] Rithli x WORLDCHAMP (edit: forgot to put "no homo")
8] SumAzn Dude, Chibi, Anakron, KILLERBOB(from the grocery store)

Single-elim ABK is BRUUUUUTAAAAAALLLLL!!!!

...but hype. stay tuned.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 03:20:09 AM by ZARtacus! »

Offline Curbeh

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 259
  • Irresistible
    • View Profile
Killerbob lolwut
They can't get enough of me

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
OHH SSHHHHHHHHI-

I forgot to post the team event results. After singles were done, Krackkampf continued with an intense 4v4.

Teams

Team X
SumAznDude (murakumo)
Rithli (Adler)
Anakron (murakumo)
Jiyuna (sai)

Team O

MasterChibi (tank)
KILLERBOB(from the grocery store) (adler)
Nas (soldat)
Zar (mycale)

...Well, Jiyuna decided to be a gay super-villain and add in some unique rules for this event:
First off, you could not choose any of the characters you used in the single event. (This was horrible for me cus I ran Mari & Wei lol.)

And character lock was enforced. This means the character you chose will be the character you keep for the entire event... :emo:

ok, I lied. I wont post the results now...Instead, you can wait for Rithli to up the vids and see how things went down for your self.

(p.s. we just finished blitzing like 15mins before this post  :psyduck:)

Offline bmoney

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Good games, it was fun. Ill definitely try to make it to bbbg10.

This is bob btw

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
updates soon for BBG10. thanks again to everyone that showed or wanted to show but couldn't make it for whatever reason.

Come see me at X  :o

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
Ok right now I'm just waiting on a reply to see whether or not we will have the gazebo for the 20th.

I can also bring a laptop and a power strip.

And if you guys are REALLY lucky I can steal some milk crates and bring 'em. :teach:
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt

Offline Legendary Blue Shirt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 170
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
I'm bringing "Small Child" so I won't need a chair.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
I have no converters to bring as I sold them all.

If I'm lucky I'll have a stick otherwise I've got nothing~
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
Ok right now I'm just waiting on a reply to see whether or not we will have the gazebo for the 20th.

I can also bring a laptop and a power strip.

And if you guys are REALLY lucky I can steal some milk crates and bring 'em. :teach:
Ok, good stuff there, Fox. I'll throw you down for laptop and strip asap. Also glad you brought up the milk crate thing- completely forgot about that. Gotta see if I can steal the crates I stole from Sp00ky lol. (gonna be a pain in the ass to lug them though). Still, bring your stolen shit too just in case the cops bag me.

I'm bringing "Small Child" so I won't need a chair.
Hey, do you, mang...as long as there's no funny business.

I have no converters to bring as I sold them all.

If I'm lucky I'll have a stick otherwise I've got nothing~
But you have you...CHIBI :toot: :toot: :toot:

Whatever, just hire KILLERBOB to whack someone for you and take their stick. He'll make you do aisle clean up for his pay though so be ready.

Offline jiyuna

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • NETPLAY
    • View Profile
NETPLAY

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
i can bring my lappy to this event.. as long as muthafuckas don't fuck it up... or i will be fritz lvl3ing dat ass.. word is bond
Basically... kind of a big deal....

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile

^Results of Akatsuki at BBGX

Crashing at Rithli's or Arturo's? :toot:
215-218-8244

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
I'm pretty sure crashing at Rithli's isn't happening because he can only do 4 people at most, and it was a one time deal.

Bring my money.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!