hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Battle By the Gazebo X --"We got dis" Edition-- June 20th (Access. . .GRANTED!)  (Read 17775 times)

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
:: BBGX! :: (June 20th @ Chinatown, NYC) - "GET AT ME!" Edition
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2009, 10:51:48 AM »

Macros: Pending

????????
I was thinking about setting up a BBG9.5 and trying to collect votes for macro'ing at that point but there's a good chance that this may not happen so I'm just going to ask for people to place votes (via post) in this thread.

I'm sure a lot of people won't care and/or don't macro at all for ABK and as a result I'll end up excluding macros from this event. If there's a demand then no problem.

It's a 3-button layout, Jiyuna. I'm sure it won't hurt your game that much.

i can bring my lappy to this event.. as long as muthafuckas don't fuck it up... or i will be fritz lvl3ing dat ass.. word is bond
Haha, ok. I'll add you to the roster of laptop donations and with your contribution we should be able to run this tourney smoothly now that 3 laptops are avail. Anyone else who' s happens to be lugging a laptop with them to the event and they'd like to also contribute just let me know when you show up at/by the gazebo.

I'll have to add in a "no drinking by the laptops" rule or something so people don't get unblockabled Nas lol.

Good looks, Nas and thanks for your support!

In other news...

I will be issuing several challenges at BBGX!

First,

Ménage à Marilyn Challenge

Myself and any two other Marilyn users who wish join me will take on ANY three-man, mirrored team that steps forward for a Money Match (MM). I'm setting the bet at $5 (per member) but I'm willing to go up to $10/member if my funds look good and of course if my teammates agree to the terms. The conditions are: you must construct a team of 3 players each using the same character (e.g. A-Wei, B-Wei, C-Wei would be considered a complete team for the challenge). I'll even allow macros for the challenge!

Any Mari users out there that want to join in...GET AT ME!! So we can get at these other fools.  >:(

Second,

King of KommentaryKampf
(or something)
HyperHal vs Zar the Biscuit
I got at him on IRC already so Hal knows the deal. I'm setting up a challenge where the winner will be given the honor of Lead Commentary for the Top8 presentation.

Three Judges will be chosen. We each get to chose one of those judges while the 3rd will be chosen by random. I'm actually considering on pulling up some random off the sidelines, who knows jack about fighters, to be the deciding factor. There's bound to be one onlooker that would be willing to do this.

A match will be decided by random. Although a random ABK match would be good, I think it would be more interesting to do commentary-trials for a completely random match from a random fighter (sf4, vf5, t6, etc). This would encourage more versatility, spontaneity, innovation, inebriation (heheh) and creativity when providing commentary for the judges as well as the audience when top8 comes around.

Commentary of the random (abk) match will be performed separately. Meaning neither commentator will be able to hear the others performance. Also, commentators will be providing commentary for the same match with the same judges. Coin toss/dice roll (cus we black) to decide first up.

Winner will be chosen by majority vote among the judges. I'm thinking about coming up with some kind of score card system for in-depth criticism from the judges (winner won't be determined by this though). If anyone has suggestions on how the commentary should be graded/decided your post is most welcome.

If there is anyone else out there who thinks they can best the both of us at BBGX you can come get it too.  :o
Drinking is (highly) recommended.

Finally,

C-Lo Corner Champ
Nas vs Jiyuna vs Zar
If I'm not broke or "done" by then, I'll get at you dudes for some rolls. Someone's got to bring fresh out the pack dice though...I don't trust Jiyuna's "colored" dice lol. Fools gonna get served like "may I take your order?".  :blah:

Once Fox gives the word, imma BLOW THIS SHIT UP!!  :psyduck:

BBGX!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 12:24:20 PM by ザー・ザ・ビスケット »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
I doubt 3x mycale is happening.  Any spots open on the Kanae or superboobarmorcheapbitchextreme teams?

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
Hopefully the parks will get back to me soon.

But right now I'm down for the multi man mirror match. (M4 anyone?)

Only thing is.... I dont have my stick to practice.  :'(
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt

Offline Anakron

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • what is this I don't even
    • View Profile
Why not just do  2v2 teams?  :mystery:

Offline Raoh Punches Faces

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Kinnikubuster Bathroom Blow Up
    • View Profile
i might be able to make it to this one ;3

Offline Curbeh

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 259
  • Irresistible
    • View Profile
So [6 / 20] is solid?
Time to buy tickets...
They can't get enough of me

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Doesn't really look like I can make it.

Not entirely sure yet.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
I vote for macros 8-)
215-218-8244

Offline Rayza

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 85
  • Lexus LFA
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter account
Just let macros be, I use em and I play stick even!
Follow me @MisterRayza for updates on my streams.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
So [6 / 20] is solid?
Time to buy tickets...
Well yeah, 6/20 is going to happen regardless of whether we get the gazebo or not. Reserving the gazebo however will guarantee us having power for the event versus setting up by the snapple machines and not knowing if we'll get shut down or not. So far we've been really lucky.  :mystery:

i might be able to make it to this one ;3
Doesn't really look like I can make it.

Not entirely sure yet.
Come on guys, YOU CAN DO EET!

I vote for macros 8-)
Just let macros be, I use em and I play stick even!
Ok, fags...

MACROS WILL BE ALLOWED FOR BBGX!

(commence fapping, jiyuna)

I'll update op.

EDIT:

I doubt 3x mycale is happening.  Any spots open on the Kanae or superboobarmorcheapbitchextreme teams?
I think there are enough kanaes running around now to pull it off. Also, I hope you're making this cus you know how much I suck at brackets.  :slowpoke:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 01:57:17 PM by ZARtacus! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Curbeh

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 259
  • Irresistible
    • View Profile
Jesus Christ I might be fucked... give me a day or two.
They can't get enough of me

Offline Phae

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
For what it's worth I'll be there for enjoying the nice weather, some booze, and some people I haven't seen since like, last year.

Zar if you still need external speakers, my speaker bag should be available for the day.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
SWEETS BABY!

Good shit, Phae-dizzle. Those speakers will get us arrested/fined for sure! Don't lame us out this time, k?

And what's up with your boy, Fox/Scrub? He hasn't gotten back to me about THE GAZEBO in forever. Possible 'oop aww'? =(

Offline Legendary Blue Shirt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 170
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
Slightly off-topic:

If anyone wants hacked PS2 memory cards (For running homebrew apps...) I'll bring stuff to set that up for whoever wants it.
Just bring an empty memory card (any size)

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 11:49:35 AM by Fox »

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
.............Do y'all know what this means??

DO Y'ALL KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS!!!!??

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GET HYPE!!!!!!!!!1111831

Congrats to Fox and hats off to this man, seriously. I just hope no one got shot in the process. But then again, NYCParks is hella gay for sending out the permit (WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE SHIT ABOUT WHAT'S GOING ON) one week before the event date lol.

Well, there you have it folks. We officially have shelter from the rain for the day lol. To my peeps who are donating: Don't forget your equip; To my drinkin' people: Don't forget your licks; To everyone else planning to get at this BBGX: Get hype because this shit is going to be sick!

Hope to see you blitz heads soon.

Standing ovation for Fox/Makoto Scrub at X.  :toot:

« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 02:24:56 PM by ZARtacus! »

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
Ok, updated the Contributions/Donations List.

There's a chance that Kirby may not be able to make it out to this one but he's keeping us posted on when the final decision will be made (sometime near the end of the week). With that being said, we could possibly be one laptop shy away from having the targeted 3; which will help the tournament run a bit smoother and keep us within the time slot we have reserved.

So if anyone who has a decent laptop that can run Akatsuki Blitzkampf at at 59-60fps with no "issues", please post up if you'd like to contribute for BBGX.

...Actually, a 4th laptop as a reserve wouldn't be a bad idea and even if Kirby does make it out here (pray, dammit), having a back up for emergencies would be convenient. But right now a 3rd is needed and if Kirby can still make it I'd like for the 4th donor to still follow through.

Here's the current listing:

BBGX Contributions & Donations

Laptops (3) <<EMERGENCY laptop needed>>
Kirbeh, Fox, Nas

Video Camera (w/ possible back up) <<A back up camera may or may not be needed>>
Rithli

Camera (Not camcorder)
<<Volunteers?>>

MISC.
  • External Speakers (2) <<An extra set would come in handy>>
Kirbeh, Zar, Phae

• Power Strip (3)
Kirbeh, Zar, Fox

• Crates <<More crates needed for laptops>>
Fox

• Tripod (1)
  • Three-prong Extension Cord (1)
  • Microphone (1)
  • A Rayza (1)
Kirbeh  :'(

EDIT:
@Fox -- You still good with that Megaphone?  :o

Also, I'll see if I can find time to stop by Sp00ky's to nab some crates. If anyone has something they can bring to stand the laptops on (table, stand, stool) your donation would be appreciated.

5 DAYS
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 06:53:51 PM by ZARtacus! »

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
I'll be camera guy ???
215-218-8244

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
Zar: I've had no time to head over to my friends place to pick it up so no megaphone. I'll try looking for one this week if possible.

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
One bottle of Burnett's Vodka
One bottle of Three Olives Cherry Flavored Vodka
One bottle of Everclear

Is what we've got so far, people don't be afraid to bring your own bottles :toot:
215-218-8244

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
I have Jeager and Vodka. I'm sure theres something else I can bring.

Offline Rayza

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 85
  • Lexus LFA
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter account
I'll be camera guy ???

Tripod will be the Camera guy!
Follow me @MisterRayza for updates on my streams.

Offline Legendary Blue Shirt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 170
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
* Legendary Blue Shirt neatly sets out his shirt for tomorrow.

Offline Alzarath2

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
weeeeeeee  :prinny:

Offline Phae

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
* Legendary Blue Shirt neatly sets out his shirt for tomorrow.

o7

The power of Blue Shirt!

Also guys there is rain/thunderstorms in the forecast, bring umbrellas, take care of your equipment, etc.