When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: 9-19-2009 Racine-WI WTF2009 Returns (over 300 dollars in bonuses)  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Syxx

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
    • View Profile
9-19-2009 Racine-WI WTF2009 Returns (over 300 dollars in bonuses)
« on: September 08, 2009, 05:34:08 PM »
Syxx and Paul's Arcade present

WTF 2009 Returns!!!!

Paul's Arcade
5564 Durand Ave.
Racine, WI 53406
(262) 554-1660

Game Schedule
---------------------------

Tekken 6 Bloodline Rebellion
Street Fighter 4
Blazblue
Melty Blood Actress Again

Start Times

12PM - Registration Begins

BB - 1 PM
SF4 - following BB
Tekken 6 BR - 3PM
Melty Blood (when T6 Grand Finals starts)

We will NOT wait for you, don't ask.  All tournaments will start on time since there is a limited amount of time.

Tournament Fees

$2 Venue Fee for everyone attending.
$5 per tournament
$2 for Melty Blood Actress Again
Tekken 6 machine will be on freeplay for the tournament

ENTRY INTO ALL 4 TOURNAMENTS WILL PUT YOU INTO A DRAWING FOR A VERY SPECIAL PRIZE!!!! (Street Fighter related prize worth about 25 dollars)

Rules

This is a BOYC controller event.  Controllers, arcade sticks and pads will not be provided, though more than likely someone will be able to lend you one.  The console hasn't been decided for SF4 or BB yet, but when it is known I'll update the info here.  Tekken 6 is on arcade, but you may use a PS1 or PS2 pad or the arcade controls.

You must be available to play immediately for your match, especially in Tekken 6 since they are allowing us to have the machine on free play for the duration of the tournament.  If you have to leave to go smoke, or get a snack, or go pee pee, just let me know before you leave.

PLEASE BE ON TIME FOR THE TOURNAMENT.  YOU WILL KNOW WAY AHEAD OF TIME WHEN THE TOURNAMENT IS GOING TO START SO DO NOT BE LATE.

I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANYONE FOR ANY REASON I SEE FIT.  IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS, DO NOT COME.  I AM REASONABLE BUT IF YOU ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR YOUR MATCH IMMEDIATELY, IF YOU BREAK ANY OF THE RULES LISTED HERE, OR ANY OTHER REASON YOU WILL BE DQ'D.

All venue and tournament registration fees must be paid to me directly.  Do not give you tournament entry to Paul, the arcade staff, the guy playing Guitar Hero, or anyone else.

Tekken 6
$5 entry

Payout
1st place - 60% of the pot + $20 in arcade tokens + 50 DOLLAR GAME STOP GIFT CARD
2st place - 30% of the pot + $20 in arcade tokens
3rd place - 10% of the pot + $10 in arcade tokens
4th place - $10 in arcade tokens
5th place (2 people) - Tekken 6 IC Card, one will randomly be signed by Tekken legend Antonio Carmona

RANDOM DRAWING FOR A $100 GAMESTOP GIFT CARD JUST FOR ENTERING!!!!!!  Everyone other than 1st place is eligable to receive a shot at a 100 dollar gift card (so anyone who places 2nd or below).  In case you are wondering why 1st place is not eligable for this, hHopefully this will get more people to enter instead of feeling like they are just throwing their money away, which will ultimately increase the prize for the top 3 as well.

Last place - you will get a shitty NES game and you will like it (game already picked out and includes box and manual.  Also it's not shitty.

There will be additional pot prizes once I get some things worked out.

2/3 Matches
3/5 Rounds
Winner keeps the same character, loser may change
Winners and Losers Finals 3/5 matches
Grand Finals 3/5 matches

All finals will be recorded and youtubed.

Street Fighter 4
Console : Xbox 360
$5 entry
Payout

1st - 60% + Akuma Street Fighter 4 Fight Pad (for PS3)
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

There is a special Street Fighter related gag prize and everyone who enters this is eligible

2/3 Matches
2/3 Rounds
Grand Finals 3/5 matches
No characters are banned
If you can set the button in the option menu, you can use it (Evo Rules)
Buttons must be set up before the match starts

BlazBlue
Console : Xbox 360
$5 entry
Payout 60/30/10
2/3 Matches
2/3 Rounds
Grand Finals 3/5 matches
No characters are banned

Melty Blood Actress Again - PS2
$2 entry
Winner take all
2/3 Matches
2/3 Rounds
Grand Finals 3/5 matches
The boss character is banned
The entire tournament will be recorded and youtubed
If Melty Blood gets less than 7 people, it will be done round robin style.  Each player will play each other 2 matches and you will receive one point per match that you win.  Whoever has the most points at the end will win the tournament.  If there is a tie, the top 2 will play a 2/3 to determine the winner.

Also, there is a lockin at the arcade that night.  All games are set on freeplay and you can stay there for 10 dollars, and it lasts until 2 or 3am on Sunday!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 04:00:48 PM by Syxx »

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
Re: 9-19-2009 Racine-WI WTF2009 Returns (over 300 dollars in bonuses)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 10:17:09 AM »
holy fffffffffffuck, this sounds serious. anyone in or near Racine that misses this should just crawl into a ball and die. x_x
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Syxx

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
    • View Profile
Re: 9-19-2009 Racine-WI WTF2009 Returns (over 300 dollars in bonuses)
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 04:01:11 PM »
This tournament is so hype that even people that hate me desperately want to enter!!!!