hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: BBGXI -DEATH TRAP'S REVENGE!- <Special EC MBAA Event!> Now Officially 09/12/09  (Read 25784 times)

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
...same place

...new game

...more hype

...more hunger

...MORE HATE

>:(

9                       12                       9                         !!

How's it going down?

Title: Melty Blood Actress Again (PS2)

Location: Columbus Park's Venue aka THE GAZEBO (Mulberry & Bayard Streets)

Red = The Gazebo
Blue = Chinatown Fair

Trains: N,Q,R,W or
           J,M,Z or
to Canal Street

Or
           B,D
to Grand Street

Sign-ups: 2-3pm @ The Gazebo

Start Time: 3pm start (THREE O'CLOCK PRIME MERIDIAN). If you show up after the brackets have been set I suggest you buy a nice frosty beverage and enjoy watching the event.

SINGLES

ENTRY FEE: $5 (FIVE USD!). Please don't act like you didn't see this when it comes time for sign-ups.

Pot: 70%/20%/10% split

Tournament Format
Double Elimination

Default game settings (99sec, 2point match)

Best of Three (2/3 Matches)

Grand Finals (only): Best of Five (3/5 Matches)

TEAMS *Pending*

*Possible 2v2 or 3v3 Random Teams if extra time after SINGLES*

ENTRY FEE: $1 Per team member.

Pot: WINNER TAKE ALL

Tournament Format
Character Lock
Single elimination
One game

*Teams will be assigned RANDOMLY using Tournament Maker softaware*

2v2
Waseda (sp?) Style
Team A vs Team B
A1 vs B1
A2 vs B2
If both teams win one match (but their teammate loses one) then those two winners will face off in the 3rd and final match.
E.g.
A1 vs B1 = A1 wins
A2 vs B2 = B2 wins
A1 vs B2

3v3
Pokeymanz Style
Captains should be determined upon assignment.
- Captains report starting teammate to a judge. Judge announces opponents for first match to both teams after.
- Winner stays on to face next opponent
- Losing team decides next teammate (that has not already played) to continue the set.
- Coin Flip for Player side upon request. Winning team of the toss must keep the side they request for the entire set.

Game Rules & Stipulations *Applies to both SINGLES & TEAM events*
- Bring your own controller!!!

-Game will be played on VERSUS MODE with default damage settings and timer (handicap and quickmatch will be turned OFF) *For you fags that want to run your gimmick characters*

- Gameplay balance will be set to PS2 Balance (Original).

- Player Side (optional) : RPS/Coin Toss to determine player side. If a decision can't be made, Judge will bitch-slap both players and force a coin-flip for player side (using an american quarter or chinatown fair token most likely).

-Player1 gets the option of Stage Select- no questions. If you want to choose stage then flip/rps for P1 side otherwise just select Random to save time.

- Winner must stay with character/Loser is allowed to switch characters.

- Winner is allowed to switch Moon Style (Crescent,Half,Full).

-No game freezing, invincibility, gamebreaking glitches/bugs allowed *I actually found some gamebreaking shit for NAC so I felt this had to be mentioned. Ryougi LA isn't considered game breaking (as of yet) and is allowed.*

-TYPE EARTH ARC IS BANNED *Do you even have to ask why? All consoles will have non-hacked version of MBAA but just in case: All Eclipse characters are banned too. Basically, any character that's not already on the select screen (with the exception of TypeEarth) can not be chosen.*

- Pausing during matches is not allowed (duh). In the event of an accidental pause, conclusion of the match will be decided by Judge(s).

- Button Configuration is to be set before the start of the (official) match. Use training/versus to test buttons, etc. and restart. *Best bet is to choose characters to start the match, pause and configure buttons then return to character select screen via pause menu. It won't take up that much time.*

-Blind-pick/Double Blind-pick upon request (notify Judge). If either player requests a blind-pick then their opponent has no choice but to oblige. Players must choose both character AND moon style before revealing their choice to the opposing side.

- Auto-fire not allowed

- Macros NOT ALLOWED. You have an E Button that gives access to THREE shortcuts. *If you see anyone mapping A+B/A+B+C/A+D buttons or whatever, let me know and I'll shut their shit down promptly.*

- Don't be a queer; shake hands after the match. Man-hugs are optional.

The GAZEBO: How you can make this BBG hype-tastic

So here's the deal:

Equip & Misc. Check List
(?) by your name means confirmation is requested

TVs
Zar (x2)
Xaq (x2)
Fox (?)

PS2
Zar (x2)
Sp00ky
SumAznDude
(Reserve)
Xaq
Master Chibi

Laptop (w/ Tournament Maker)
Sp00ky (?)
Fox
AntiShoto (?)

Power Strips
Fox (x2)
Master Chibi
Tinshi

Media Provided by Sp00ky
Some items he can use for help are:

-Foldaway Mic Stand
-DJ style headphones w/ RCA (red/white jacks) input/passthrough (I may have this covered minus the jacks)
-A duo who will video tape interesting footage via camera reality show style *
-Commentators *

*If you have any interest in volunteering for this please post up and you'll be added to the roster. I'm assuming that Sp00ky will have final word on whether you qualify for the spot or not. See here for more details.

Gazebo Transportation (?)
Fox (for Sp00ky & Zar) -confirmed-
citiofbrass (for Xaqshinor)

^Please get back to me on this, guys. I need to absolutely sure that you have us covered for next week Saturday and at an early time. I will also need numbers PM'd to me so that I can contact you both the night before and on BBG day.

Judges/Staff
Sp00ky
Zar
(volunteers? [2])
(Staff) *you guys just got drafted*
Xaq
citiofbrass
Fox

Judges & Staff will be responsible for match decisions in the event of a random dilemma e.g. pausing mid-match, power outage, controller malfunction, etc. as well as maintaining brackets, assisting entrants if needed, watching for "shady behavior", moving and organizing equipment, assisting with setups, help people keep the area clean, keeping the crowd HYPE and pretty much making sure that everyone is enjoying themselves. If you're interested and are willing to show at the venue/gazebo in Chinatown no later than 1:30pm, please post up and you'll be added to the roster.

Sp00ky Edit:
Housing:
If you can go the fuck home after this event, you need to go the fuck home. This especially goes for Sp00ky's Basement (tm) Regulars who live in NYC or only an hour away.

For anyone else here are the rules:
1) Please post in ADVANCE if you need to crash with me. Do NOT show up at the tournament and then go 'hey Sp00ky can I stay with you?' I WILL SAY NO. I AM NOT BULLSHITTING ON THIS ONE.

2) If there are more than 5 people staying with me (likely) you need to plan your train/bus/whatever arrangements to leave as EARLY AS POSSIBLE on Sunday. Normally my place is the 'after party' location but I can't handle the 10 + people expected to stay. Exceptions are made for sibladeko/sphyra because frankly I feel like making exceptions in their cases knowing what they need to do to travel here.

Hotel Hotspots & Travel Tips

***PLEASE DO NOT
go and buy any tickets or reserve any rooms as of yet. NYCParks organization loves to tug cocks and wait until the last minute to relay information. If Lord Knight's application as not been denied or a date modification has not occurred he will likely receive the permit 1 week before the date he reserved for (happened to myself and Fox). Just keep your pants on for the moment and ALL and ANY updates will be relayed ASAP for your convenience.***

I wish the best of luck to all who plan to make it out to this event and if you can't make it keeping hitting up that training mode hardbody and stay fresh for the next time. Thanks in advance to those who intend to contribute, donate and help organize possibly the last BBG of the year...

BBGXI !
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 09:44:51 AM by Zartacus! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
MBAA tourney before I go to Germany!?

I'll go AWOL if I have to in order to make this.
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Same place?

Ugh, I was trying to look into Kings Games and Play N Trade in the next two weeks.

Well, regardless hype for BBG~

:teach:
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
yo, I'm poor. I'd rather not have to pay a cover fee then entry fee just to get bodied. If King Games and Play N Trade are free admittance then that's a done deal- get on it NOW! lol

If not then w/e, we're going to need more than a roof of a gazebo to shelter us from the bitter NYC fall/winter weather and we'll pretty much have no choice but to hit up the lan spots then.
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Yeah, that's precisely what I was thinking. I'll keep you and everyone else updated in the coming weeks.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
aight, good stuff Chibi.

**Updated OP. I'll add pretty colors n shit to the text later**
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 10:15:47 PM by ZARtacus! »

Offline MK dagawd

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
Wow that's really early, and its in my fall term, but I'll see what I can do.

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
Gonna say it in advance, but I'm probably not making this. Between summer jam on the 24th of august and getting ready to move out my house, i won't have any money to go around
215-218-8244

Offline Raoh Punches Faces

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Kinnikubuster Bathroom Blow Up
    • View Profile
i will be in attendence!! i dont care where it is i just wanna play!! ^_~

Offline Curbeh

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 259
  • Irresistible
    • View Profile
Must.. Make it....
They can't get enough of me

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
  • Magic Circuits: 46
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
Stuff I could use to make this better:

1) Foldable mic stand (Don't really want to pay 20 bucks for one of these, anyone have one around?) -- Not really necessary, ie don't BUY one of these, I only plan on using it this once.

2) DJ style headphones with RCA (the red/white jacks) input/passthrough. Not a necessity but someone who is big on audio might have a set of these around.

3) Help carrying all this equipment from/to my place (ZTB needs this more than me since he has the 2 TVs) I really only need 1 person.

4) A duo who will video tape interesting footage via camera reality show style. Don't bother recording what's going on on screen. It's important that only two people are dedicated to do this so that the style is fluent. The total camera footage needs to be kept to a minimum while capturing as much interesting stuff as possible. That means more focus on direct interviews/Q & A sessions and less focus on sweeping shots (only really need one or two here or there). I'd prefer them to not be me/ZTB/a judge since they will be busy. I'd also prefer it to be a cameraman/reporter style. They should prepare a list of funny/interesting/DIFFICULT questions to ask people alongside the typical stuff that usually gets asked (think Dogface). I'd like them to have priority over everything else going on at the tournament except top 4. That means if they are pulling someone aside and interviewing them and the person has a match coming up, the match is put off until the interview is over.

5) Commentators. I only want to commentate one match as cameo, while leaving others who are better at making spur of the moment/funny remarks to handle the rest. No idea if Tinshi is making it to this.

Please post if you can provide any of this stuff.

Offline ramen

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Wow...  I only live 4 hours away. Too bad the traffic would make it 6 hours. :emo: Still I want to check it out!

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
Oh shit.

My bad Zar, I meant to get on this but work/summer classes were getting the best of me, but I'll be able to help as I said before.

Sp00ky: Night before you think it would be alright for me to crash at your place and help night before to get the stuff tested and loaded in my car and such?

Zar: Anything else you might need from me?
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
O

M

G

You're alive!  :'(

IRL shit is not your bad. Stuff needs to be taken care of first before you can wild out on BBG days! (summer school is really a bitch though). I'm just really glad you found the time to come back and give us all a hand again. Your assistance is quite crucial as we will be supplying our own tvs/systems/random and not using convenient laptops anymore and will need a vehicle to lug stuff around. I may need you to PM me your number so we can discuss the scenario in detail.

Lastly, any chance you can talk to your friend about getting that bullhorn/megaphone this time around? Also if you can get your hands on a 3rd TV or know someone who would be willing to donate that would help. If not, don't sweat it cus your doing us a huge favor as is.

As for the chumps out there: step up and contribute for your community!  :D

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
I know you're set on getting this done at the Gazebo but to be brutally honest I think this isn't going to end well, especially given the time frame and the trouble we had just setting up two laptops last time. God forbid they fuck you over with just getting the permit, you / LK are going to have to be on their ass just to make sure we can get some actual space this time, let alone tables and chairs to work with.

I talked to the people at Play n Trade, and they're very cool with letting us run monthlies at their location, and they'll even provide the tv's and PS2's to run them on. They mentioned having a basement area we could do it in, and the store handled 23 people just fine for a BB tournament this past Saturday. All they ask is $5-$10 for a house fee, which is completely reasonable.

If you want to stop by to check it out, let me know, I did want to ask more questions.

Also, I'll take the role of interviewing everyone, I'll compile a list of names and a index card or two with questions I'll ask.

:)

Sp00ky Edit: There were several posts after this debating the merits of using a new location versus continuing to use the Gazebo. I removed these posts to help clean up the thread.

Main argument for Gazebo = location we have control of, less fees.

Main argument for new location = Indoors, equipment provided by the venue.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 11:08:08 PM by Sp00ky »
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
Fox no reason you can't crash with me or whatever.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 11:10:50 PM by Sp00ky »

Offline Legendary Blue Shirt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 170
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
Hacked memory cards can solve the PS2 modding issue  ;)

If you have access to one swapdisk, you can hack one memory card.  After that, you can hack other memory cards without the need for a swapdisk ever again.
The only issue with this method is that while it is possible to load swapmagic from a memory card, it won't actually work.  Instead, you use an app called ESR that only works with games that have been patched to use ESR to boot, so any backup games you've already burned won't work.  (Wasted blank dvds!  :o)

If Kirby manages to go I'll be able to hook him up before then.  Unless Twinniss already has that covered...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 07:45:13 PM by Legendary Blue Shirt »

Offline Curbeh

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 259
  • Irresistible
    • View Profile
Hacked memory cards can solve the PS2 modding issue  ;)

If you have access to one swapdisk, you can hack one memory card.  After that, you can hack other memory cards without the need for a swapdisk ever again.
The only issue with this method is that while it is possible to load swapmagic from a memory card, it won't actually work.  Instead, you use an app called ESR that only works with games that have been patched to use ESR to boot, so any backup games you've already burned won't work.  (Wasted blank dvds!  :o)

If Kirby manages to go I'll be able to hook him up before then.  Unless Twinniss already has that covered...

I have a JP PS2 anyway..
They can't get enough of me

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
Housing:

If you can go the fuck home after this event, you need to go the fuck home. This especially goes for Sp00ky's Basement (tm) Regulars who live in NYC or only an hour away.

For anyone else here are the rules:

1) Please post in ADVANCE if you need to crash with me. Do NOT show up at the tournament and then go 'hey Sp00ky can I stay with you?' I WILL SAY NO. I AM NOT BULLSHITTING ON THIS ONE.

2) If there are more than 5 people staying with me (likely) you need to plan your train/bus/whatever arrangements to leave as EARLY AS POSSIBLE on Sunday. Normally my place is the 'after party' location but I can't handle the 10 + people expected to stay. Exceptions are made for sibladeko/sphyra because frankly I feel like making exceptions in their cases knowing what they need to do to travel here.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 11:22:59 PM by Sp00ky »

Offline jiyuna

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • NETPLAY
    • View Profile
toss up for me depending on whether or not i still have my apartment in september :/
NETPLAY

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
Interesting rules, especially considering the game isn't out yet.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
Considering I had to fly last year what's the best airport to fly in? I'll most definitely need housing also.

For equipment I can also bring a JP PS2 and a copy of MBAA.
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
Laguardia is closer to my place but you should just pick whatever is cheaper between laguardia and jfk.

The rules are exactly the same as arcade rules, don't see whats so interesting about them :P
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 03:00:32 AM by Sp00ky »

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
Only retarded arcades have tournaments on "arcade mode".  If you're just copying cf, 3/5 rounds.

And then there's silly mistakes...

- Player Side (Optional) : RPS/Coin Toss to determine player side.

Jiyuna wants player 1 side because he's number 1 baby.  Is it rps or coin toss?

Sp00ky edit: Argument/debate about coin toss rules continued after this point. Posts were removed to leave space for more important discussion, like CAN SOMEONE BRING A 3rd TV?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 05:14:09 AM by Sp00ky »

Offline Tinshi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
    • View Profile
I wanna do commentary. Can I?
XAQshinor (12:27:12 PM): Yea I won but I'm still salty