hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: BBGXI -DEATH TRAP'S REVENGE!- <Special EC MBAA Event!> Now Officially 09/12/09  (Read 25785 times)

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
Hay lets all be happy and do manlove type things 'k?

I might have a ps2 I can bring if I can remember where I put the wires for it.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile

The calm before the storm

:mystery:
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• the troll that slays gods
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 91
  • i did it
    • View Profile

The calm before the storm

:mystery:

your breasts are illegal
<fubarduck> hey bell good shit beating kusoru in melty
<fubarduck> he was like "i lost to a long haired asian"
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Word, look at dem
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Tinshi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
    • View Profile
Bell that avatar is god like lol.  ;D ;D ;D
XAQshinor (12:27:12 PM): Yea I won but I'm still salty

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
- Matches will be played out on ARCADE MODE.
Just in case anyone is confused: ARCADE MODE meaning as opposed to VERSUS MODE and not the balance settings. Gameplay balance will be PS2 settings as it's likely the game play is more....balanced and not broken.

(god, I want to PLAY ALREADY!!!  >:( )
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Saiyd, I suggest you talk to Steve ASAP, according to Andrew the permit didn't go through because the Park Commission group thought he hadn't paid them, or some shit. They both showed up yesterday to a local tournament at the Break but I don't know if Andrew was trolling or telling the truth, talk to Steve asap, I'll try and get in contact with him as well. If this is the case the Gazebo is out and we're going to have to try and hit up Play n Trade by Union Square.

:F
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
:/

A new pending date had to be set as there were some difficulties with the former application process and a second request had to be made. More updates and details will be provided this Monday (8/24). Final decision on allowing for console/unlockable characters and rules for the event should be set in about a week. I'll keep you all posted on this as well.

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused to those who made plans or reservations for the former event date. orz

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
YO IM IN THERE SON!!!... i need to get on my practice... but YO IM IN THERE!!!
Basically... kind of a big deal....

Offline Raoh Punches Faces

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Kinnikubuster Bathroom Blow Up
    • View Profile
any word yet on the date change ?

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
any word yet on the date change ?
Well a new application has been filed by Sp00ky since there were some errors with processing LK's from before. We tried to match the former date (9/5/9) in an attempt to reclaim that day for reservations but theres a 21 day application process and we came up but 4 days too late. The new date set had to be made for the weekend after (9/12/9) instead.

The good news so far is: Sp00ky's request was in fact actually accepted. We know this because he received a conformation mail shortly after he applied which contained all info he placed on the form (date/time/etc.). For whatever reason LK never received a confirmation mail and thus we were assed out from the beginning. We know now that next time when applying...check for that confirmation mail(note for future reservations). Oh well, stuff happens and this is how we learn. :teach:

There is the possibility
that NYC parks will suggest a different date which usually involves rescheduling for either the week before or the week after (as I have mentioned in the past). If this does happen, I will ask Sp00ky to reserve for the original date we asked for which was 9/5/9. For now though, the current pending date is 9/12/9. I'll will post any changes that may occur and reports from Sp00ky about emails ASAP.

Again I apologize for the inconvenience and random hype-kills. We just have to start over again so please just bear with us for now.

**I'll be reposting contribution lists and other game rules in my next post. stick around.**

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
imma fuck some muthafuckas up... so 9/12 will the S-DAY.. SHOULDERS DAY.... aka head and shoulders.. to rub that dandruff off you bitches!!!

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
feel it needs a DP....

is there a confirm date yet? wether it's this weekend or the next.. just wondering is all

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
lol Nas too hype.

Sorry Nas, BBGXI right now is not going to happen this weekend as orginally planned. It's been officially pushed back to next wknd (Sept. 12). Sp00ky has no new info to report about the permit atm and I've asked him to contact NYCParks staff later in the week to find out for sure if we'll be getting the gazebo for next wknd. Much like the last 3 "successful" permit requests, NYCParks will probably mail shit out at the last minute and I'll let you guys know what's up at that point.

As soon as the good word gets out I'll be rushing down the BBG threads and asking for everyone to assemble for the...S-Day or whatever (lol). PMs will be made and numbers have to be exchanged cus this will be the first time I've had to get more than 3-4 people on staff to help out and I'd like things to run smoothly (ugh, and I start class two days before this event =/ ).

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Nas is always too hype!!!  Someone bring a megaphone!!!!!

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
im sad to say i wont be able to make it to this >_< i was so hyped about it as well

Offline jiyuna

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • NETPLAY
    • View Profile
need that confirmationnnnnnnnn
NETPLAY

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
im sad to say i wont be able to make it to this >_< i was so hyped about it as well
GGRRRAAAWWWRR

ok, ok...just PM me a pic of your "problem" and I'll have it "solved" for you...Ain't nobody gotta know nothin'.  :-X

Agh, that sucks though. I'm expecting a few no shows actually, due to school/work/random. Timing for this one was kinda borked since we got set back a week. I just hope people will step up and try to organize some/more events before the first MBAA big major at NECX. We're all just really far behind in experience.

need that confirmationnnnnnnnn
Well, if nothing happens by Tuesday then...I DON'T WANNA SAY IT!!  :'(  :emo:

(and change that damn avatar. shit's disturbing lol)

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
heheh sonic got some tails!!!

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
So if you don't get a confirmation for next Saturday what's going to happen?

If I don't find out by that week I'll likely go to Long Island instead.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
We already got the confirmation and the permit. 12th is set. Please reserve your rooms or flighs or whatever youre going to do.

Offline XAQshinor

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Shirley ;-;
    • View Profile
Good shit

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
KITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GET HYPE             :prinny:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 11:25:32 AM by Zartacus! »

Offline jiyuna

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • NETPLAY
    • View Profile
cool I'll be there. people better show!

$1 BBG style Blitz side tourney?
NETPLAY

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
Equip & Misc. Check List
(?) by your name means confirmation is requested

TVs
Zar (x2)
Xaq (x2)
Fox (?)

PS2
Zar (x2)
Sp00ky
SumAznDude
(Reserve)
Xaq (?)
Master Chibi

Laptop (w/ Tournament Maker)
Sp00ky (?)
Fox
AntiShoto (?)

Power Strips
Fox (x2)
Master Chibi
Tinshi

Media Provided by Sp00ky
Some items he can use for help are:

-Foldaway Mic Stand
-DJ style headphones w/ RCA (red/white jacks) input/passthrough (I may have this covered minus the jacks)
-A duo who will video tape interesting footage via camera reality show style *
-Commentators *

*If you have any interest in volunteering for this please post up and you'll be added to the roster. I'm assuming that Sp00ky will have final word on whether you qualify for the spot or not. See here for more details.

Gazebo Transportation (?)
Fox (for Sp00ky & Zar) -confirmed-
citiofbrass (for Xaqshinor)

^Please get back to me on this, guys. I need to absolutely sure that you have us covered for next week Saturday and at an early time. I will also need numbers PM'd to me so that I can contact you both the night before and on BBG day.

Judges/Staff
Sp00ky
Zar
(volunteers? [3])

Judges & Staff will be responsible for match decisions in the event of a random dilemma e.g. pausing mid-match, power outage, controller malfunction, etc. as well as maintaining brackets, assisting entrants if needed, watching for "shady behavior", moving and organizing equipment, assisting with setups, help people keep the area clean, keeping the crowd HYPE and pretty much making sure that everyone is enjoying themselves. If you're interested and are willing to show at the venue/gazebo in Chinatown no later than 1:30pm, please post up and you'll be added to the roster.

Get at me...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 04:19:13 AM by Zartacus! »