When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: BBGXI -DEATH TRAP'S REVENGE!- <Special EC MBAA Event!> Now Officially 09/12/09  (Read 26307 times)

Offline Tinshi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
    • View Profile
I got a extra PS2 and Power cord.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
XAQshinor (12:27:12 PM): Yea I won but I'm still salty

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
  • Magic Circuits: 46
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
Alright listen up.

This permit is under my name this time and one of the things it clearly says is NO ALCOHOL.

That means alcohol is BANNED FROM THIS EVENT. You guys fucked up on this one last time and im not going to be the guy to get in trouble with it this time. Get drunk AFTER THE EVENT IS OVER.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
lol

Andreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
yea let's not do tai chi in the middle of a tourney......
Basically... kind of a big deal....

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
Dont put me down for the TV anymore if you have 4 for this because I'm sure the 2 that I'll be taking from you Zar will be take up all the space in the rear of my car.

Also, you're set for the ride with Sp00ky to the Gazebo early Sat morn, I'll have to ask Sp00ky if its ok to stay the night before so things go a bit more smoothly (coughallnightMBAAcough).

Finally, I'll be glad to commentate if thats cool. Need something to do when I'm not in top 8. lol
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 08:08:11 PM by Fox »
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
Yaaay! First BBG I know I can make! Lucky Star bus brings me right from Boston to Chinatown, NYC!  :fap:

Sooo hype!
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline jiyuna

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • NETPLAY
    • View Profile
BBG without the alcohol!? this will be interesting lol
NETPLAY

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
for commentary I think were better off passing the mic around than sticking to one person not sure why i wanted one or 2 people originally.

I still do want someone to do the camera interview shit so far Chibi looks like the man who will end up doing it unless someone else is interested.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Yeah, I'll get questions ready on corny little index cards because I'm old and forgetful.

Be forewarned, if you don't like to be on camera / interviewed I'm not going to give a damn.

:teach:
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
I got a extra PS2 and Power cord.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
I got you down for Power cord. thx

Alright listen up.

This permit is under my name this time and one of the things it clearly says is NO ALCOHOL.

That means alcohol is BANNED FROM THIS EVENT. You guys fucked up on this one last time and im not going to be the guy to get in trouble with it this time. Get drunk AFTER THE EVENT IS OVER.
LMAOOO. I was actually going to announce this at the event cus posted to the back of the permits are park rules and such. No alcohol is indeed mentioned on that paper...Honestly, I was just looking for an excuse to get fools to actually save me some goddamn liqs after the event this time.

And I think there's some mention about littering and keeping the area clean. You guys always piss me off with this. Four trash receptacles and you still can't get it right. If we get too rowdy with the alcohol and the trash everywhere and staff takes notice to this, then it can very well ruin our chances of future events at this location. So let's try to stay a bit more focused this time around, please.

no nazi
Dont put me down for the TV anymore if you have 4 for this because I'm sure the 2 that I'll be taking from you Zar will be take up all the space in the rear of my car.

Also, you're set for the ride with Sp00ky to the Gazebo early Sat morn, I'll have to ask Sp00ky if its ok to stay the night before so things go a bit more smoothly (coughallnightMBAAcough).

Finally, I'll be glad to commentate if thats cool. Need something to do when I'm not in top 8. lol
K, knocked you out for TV.

And would you suggest coming to my place to pick up the equip friday night (9/11)? This way we can all go into the city w/o making any stops.

Yaaay! First BBG I know I can make! Lucky Star bus brings me right from Boston to Chinatown, NYC!  :fap:

Sooo hype!
wow, you're actually allowed to leave your city this time around? well, congratulations!  :toot:

Ah, the Lucky Star bus. I remember those days. Those 6am trips....to....TG....BAAWWWWWWW  :'(
BBG without the alcohol!? this will be interesting lol
interesting cus you'll actually remember it.  :mystery:

@Master Chibi
I asked you this some time ago but maybe you forgot (?). Would you be willing to hook up some flyers again for this event (an angry-face theme would be cool  >:(). I'd like to pass some info around early in CF before we finalize everything at the gazebo. Let me know what's up.

New In-Game Rules
Dippy has mentioned this in past MB events and after stumbling on to a serious bug, I'll have to include these as well:

-No game freezing, invincibility, gamebreaking glitches/bugs allowed *I actually found some gamebreaking shit for NAC so I felt this had to be mentioned. Ryougi LA isn't considered game breaking (as of yet) and is allowed.*

-Game will be played on VERSUS MODE with default damage settings and timer (handicap and quickmatch will be turned OFF) *For you fags that want to run your gimmick characters*

-Player1 gets the option of Stage Select- no questions. If you want to choose stage then flip/rps for P1 side otherwise just select Random to save time.

-TYPE EARTH ARC IS BANNED *Do you even have to ask why? All consoles will have non-hacked version of MBAA but just in case: All Eclipse characters are banned too. Basically, any character that's not already on the select screen (with the exception of TypeEarth) can not be chosen.*

« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 08:22:26 AM by Zartacus! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline someAzNdude

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • need dat fix D:
    • View Profile
GET HYPE!  :toot:

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
SO RYOUGI IS COOL YES!!

IM HYPED RIGHT NOW

IM CUTTING MUTHAFUCKAS or DAT SHOULDA

GET AM ME!!!
Basically... kind of a big deal....

Offline sibladeko

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
    • FUTAE NO KIWAMI AAAAAAAAAAH!!!
Ken your avatar is fucking amazing.
"It's like Marvel with all Cables!"
-jwong on IaMP

Offline AntiShoto

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
Sounds fine from what I've read thus far.

I will be attending the event with my laptop for brackets, support, etc. Anything else, I'll just help out one way or another. Also, I'll be there early to

test run the adapters and see which ones would work properly. Should you guys also need a judge/proctor, I'll be more than happy to volunteer as well.

My question is: Since we have the license for the event, when is the cut off time?

Last time we had the event, the park rep cut the power off @ 8pm. Will it be the same time as the last time, or will the park permit extended time?

I'm asking this now before anything, b/c in case if people want to have a Jew Puncha tourney afterwards (optional), then it would be best to have people

set up the game right when either MBAA starts or right in the middle of the top 8, thus killing two  :prinny: with one  :psyduck:

« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 09:40:03 PM by motoh »

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
^

Reservations are from 2pm-8pm sharp (I mean this quite literally cus the staff doesn't play around lol). After we manage to set everything up properly, casuals and sign-ups will take place (2-3pm). We start start singles at 3pm and continue from there.

Assuming there are no major technical difficulties, I'm guessing the event will progress quickly and leave us enough time for teams and possibly other side events as we're running on 4 setups. If it seems we do in fact have enough time nearing top8 for singles, we'll break for MBAA team sign ups, Sp00ky can check over his media equip and those who wanted to run side shenanigans are free to do so provided they have their own equip/software/laptop/etc. AND...

I request one and only one favor from the people setting up and participating in side tourneys:

Please, if you have entered in MB singles and are present at The GAZEBO try and show some respect to our top8 placers in singles. Stick around and see what you can learn, cheer them on or talk trash (I'll be doing the latter ;D), cheer for the community, pat yourself on the back for supporting the scene and most importantly...keep the crowd HYPE. Don't just walk off somewhere playing your NDS or some poverty fighter on your laptops. It's the least I can expect from you guys if you're not starving or have irl stuff to take care of. If any of you have gone to NEC7 for MBAC then you know what "makin' sum noiz" can do for a community. Don't be lame/salty  :-\.

Anyway, 3 more days until dat S-Day! And if anyone has a playlist of some GOOD electronic, trance, d&b, ambient, lounge or techo musics of about 10-20 songs, bring it on a flash drive or CD for me please. Some music while where setting up and and doing sign-ups would be nice to draw some outside attention. Try to show up a bit earlier if you got something for me. If no one brings anything then you'll all have to listen to RAP!  :P

~biscuit
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 10:10:18 AM by Zartacus! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Will try and get a banner done in the next few hours.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
Rap at sign ups?  :o

I'll be sure to bring some music~
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Tell me if you want anything changed~

~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
^

Replace Kohaku with Aoko and it's a go!  :prinny:

j/k

Really a fantastic job, Chibi! Looks like some KILL BILL shit lol.  :o  :psyduck:

Ok, as for changes:

The Battle By The Gazebo
Scratch first 'the'. sounds weird. do as you will with the rest of that line.

Death Traps Sweet Revenge
Good shit, Chibi. I'm stealing this title for a future "Death Trap" sequel but for now leave out 'sweet'.
If you enjoyed Death Trap and Death Trap's Revenge try:
DEATH TRAP'S SWEET REVENGE
REVENGE OF DEATH TRAP
&
DEATH TRAP 4: TRAP...DOOR

Yeah, we're moving in Charles Bronson territory now.  8-)

everything else is just amazing, seriously. and lol @ "ends promptly" (leave that  :bleh:). Glad to have you on the job again and you got some good taste. :tup:

Oh crap EDIT:
yo, Chibi. will you be in the city by chance tonight around 9pm? If you can get flyers printed out today, I'll head to CF and help you post and hand them out. Or if that's too late but you still happen to be in the city anyhow, you can do us a big favor by posting and handing out to peeps you know would be interested. If anything though, we always got Saturday before the event starts so dont sweat it too much.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 06:06:10 AM by Zartacus! »

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
Tell me if you want anything changed~

The date is the 12th, not the 19th though right?
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
^

lol good eye there, LPT. Chibi and dem dayts! x_x

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
Chibi = habitual date fuckerupper.

Good shit on the flier man looks cool.

Offline AntiShoto

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
In terms of D&B, Trance, House, etc. I can provide that without any problems.

I'll need a day or two to d/l the new shit out and it's all gravy.

I'll be there early to set everything up. Hope to see all of you around. Stay  :prinny:

-antishoto-

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Re: BBGXI -DEATH TRAP'S REVENGE!- <Special EC MBAA Event!> Now Officially 09/12
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2009, 10:40:20 AM »
Lol, go figure I'd mess up the date after spending three hours on it last night. I'll fix it when I get home, everything else stays though, due to spacing.

Also I'm stuck in NJ tonight, sorry.

;p
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline someAzNdude

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • need dat fix D:
    • View Profile
GET HYPE!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!