hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Linked Events

• Big E Gaming Presents: Summer Jam 8 in Philadelphia pa: August 29, 2014 - August 31, 2014

Author Topic: Big E Gaming Presents: Summer Jam 8 in Philadelphia pa  (Read 7476 times)

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
Big E Gaming Presents: Summer Jam 8 in Philadelphia pa
« on: April 22, 2014, 05:37:22 AM »
Okay, so we just got word that UNI is getting released on PS3 this July. This is what I've been waiting for. UNI will be my second game along with AH3LM. The505 has expressed interest in continuing to run Melty too, so here's our thread for planning, etc.
We'll have more information coming up.

Summer Jam 8

DATE:
8/29/2014 – 8/31/2014

900 Packer Ave
Philadelphia pa., 19148
(Discount info coming soon)

I will post PARTY info later.

SPONSORS:

Big E Gaming

Team Sp00ky

Team TFC

The Steam Co.

GAMES:

UMvC3
Ultra
BB:CP
P4A
GG:AC+R
Injustice
Killer Instinct
TTT2-- FREE entry--(Might have to Cap)
SC5
KoF13
DoA5:U-- FREE entry--(might have to Cap )
Pokemon
Melee Brawl
Project M
Sfxt
SG
ST
AH3LM
Gears 3

www.bigegaming.com

RULES:
Can be found on www.bigegaming.com

*Cronus converters are officially banned*

REGISTRATION/FEES: (Not up yet)

http://bigegaming.com/pre-registration/

Online Venue Registration: $30 plus 1 free raffle ticket.

At The Door Venue Registration: $50

Spectator Fee: $20 plus 1 free raffle ticket.

Schedule coming soon. www.bigegaming.com

After you will have to pay at the door.

SCHEDULE:

8/29
Team tournaments for UMvC3, ultra, Injustice,

More info to come.

3v3 $30 for team.

Please be on time.

8/30
Singles tournaments for all games

8/31
Finals

STREAMS:

Main Stream: Team Sp00ky

2nd Stream: Bifuteki

MK9 & Injustice Stream: Kombat Network

Anime Stream: Kick Punch Block.

Gears:

Eric “Big E” Small
(267)-231-8996
Eric2necphilly@yahoo.com

Zack “Kattermari” Kattermann
(201)-650-1318
kattermari@gmail.com

————————

WB8 taxi numbers:

To help you guys get around town for cheap:

Joe: 215-326-9753

Tee: 215-888-7860

If you need a ride hit one of them
It takes an idiot to do cool things.
That's why it's cool.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
Re: Big E Gaming Presents: Summer Jam 8 in Philadelphia pa
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 02:22:48 PM »
If we can get someone else to provide a setup I can actually use my comp for a live stream this time. 505, if you're going to run it let me know so we can potentially coordinate stuff.

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 07:32:46 PM »
I'm gonna warn you now, please have a contingency plan in case there's no room to set up a stream. I have a feeling space is going to be a premium at Summer Jam, we have three new anime games coming out between now and then (AH3LM, UNIEL and P4U2 comes out the week of SJ), smash is back, I really hope that we have enough space to just get the games run at this point.
That's why it's cool.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 10:40:37 PM »
I'm going to be here for UNI and maybe p4u2 (?)
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 05:19:32 PM »
I'm gonna warn you now, please have a contingency plan in case there's no room to set up a stream. I have a feeling space is going to be a premium at Summer Jam, we have three new anime games coming out between now and then (AH3LM, UNIEL and P4U2 comes out the week of SJ), smash is back, I really hope that we have enough space to just get the games run at this point.

Yeah, I noticed that we were sorta low on on space last time. That said, out of those three only one of those is "New" the rest are simply a continuation of a series. Melty somehow had two to three setups at WB and there was still room so sticking a UNIEL setup in there wouldn't really be an issue. The biggest issue was seating, because some of the BB/GG players wanted to use two chairs.

That said, as long as we get one or two slots I should be able to set up, my streaming comp is a laptop so I could pretty much set up anywhere.

Edit: Just noticed that we're at a new location this time. We'll have to see how space looks.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 05:23:03 PM by LivingShadow »

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 05:48:48 PM »
The venue isn't new, this is the same venue we ran NEC and Winter Brawl at last year. It's smaller than the Clarion. I have this funny feeling that space is going to be a serious concern here.
That's why it's cool.

Offline The505

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • #maidsports
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 06:22:34 AM »
While a stream setup is nice, it shouldn't be a priority. All the matches are going to be saved. (even if i have to babysit every match so people don't quit before saving. :V) We can always restream later from the hotel room/hotspot ect.

We have pretty much 2 or 3 setups confirmed, its just a matter of space. I honestly see unib taking the majority of the melty players time so i dont expect to see that many entrants. So we can make due with one or two setups, hopefully next to unib.

If you want a big melty tornament w/stream, your going to have to wait for MeltyCup (aka NEC)

On a side note, me and airthrows want to run a Red v White as well. We didnt get a chance to at WB.  :nyoro:
<Killfiend> God I love melty
<Killfiend> So much comeback potential,yet it doesnt really on retarded mechanics like xfactor and ultras

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 05:16:55 PM »
I'm mostly pushing the stream as a proof of concept, I want to test it out and work out the issues before NEC. In terms of space, it doesn't really need much, just sorta set up all the cables and let it go. I don't think we have anyone right now who would be up for doing commentary so we don't really need a dedicated "stream slot."

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 03:49:30 AM »
In terms of space, it doesn't really need much, just sorta set up all the cables and let it go.
The space that your laptop is using to stream is space that could be used for a setup for a game.
I understand, you want to stream, as you've made clear multiple times in this thread. If I have space for you to stream, I will give you all the space I can.

Once again, I know that space is going to be at a premium from here on out, especially with Anime games. If I do not have space for you to set up your laptop safely, I am not going to let you set it up, for various reasons including "I don't want your shit broken", "I don't want your shit stolen", "I don't want to start a fire" and "I need the space". I've run tournaments where I have zero space before, I've sat in a god damned trashcan to run brackets for AH3 and Melty before when P4U was fresh. At Summer Jam we are going to have three brand new games. I have an incredibly strong feeling there will not be space for a stream setup, so if you arrive at the venue and I tell you there's no space for a stream setup please have a backup plan to save replays.

If you want to test stuff, as a "proof of concept" a major is probably not the place to do it.

Please understand that I'm sharing the space that I'm given to run my games with you guys to run melty. At this point I have bigger fish to fry, and they are going to get the priority for space.
That's why it's cool.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 04:04:19 AM »
Of course, I do understand that safety comes first. We'll have to see. We already do have a contingency plan should it not work out. I'm just trying to work out a positive scenario here, which assumes that we do have the space.

Offline nadakaineko

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • What Is She Chewing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 04:21:31 AM »
I'll weigh in as well.

We should have space for at least one Melty setup, but our focus will be on the newer games (AH3LM and UNiEL). Since we're going back to the other venue, space is a concern of mine, and we're going to need 2-3 setups for AH3LM and UNiEL both -- I don't wanna be scrunched in needlessly.

Melty is a side game at this point - we may only have space for one setup, so please prepare for that.
www.youtube.com/nadakaineko | www.twitter.com/nadakaineko | http://tri4.net/nadakaineko/waifu/

[00:22] <Greats> i am always reminded of the first time my mom saw me playing ah1 w/no pants on

Offline BigE

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 27
    • View Profile
    • Bigegaming
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 01:18:58 PM »
Lets go. 

Offline BigE

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 27
    • View Profile
    • Bigegaming
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 01:03:08 PM »
Where is everyone at.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2014, 10:14:24 AM »
Where is everyone at.
Honestly, they're probably in the Dustloop thread. That seems to be where most of the UNIEL forum discussion takes place nowadays.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2014, 11:19:42 AM »
If anyone can help supply setups for UNIEL at Summer Jam, please contact me. I need a total of 7 more setups.
That's why it's cool.

Offline Airthrows

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • No longer free, just relatively inexpesive
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 11:57:19 PM »
Melty Singles is happening Saturday. Hopefully in the anime room. Shooting to have it start around 12 before the other large games start.

Also looking to have a Red v White Sunday for anyone who's still around. Post more info about it later today.

PS: we only have 1, maybe 2 setups so....  :nyoro:
The person for you to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a controller in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do: and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot.

Offline Airthrows

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • No longer free, just relatively inexpesive
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2014, 07:26:50 AM »
We may not be able to do Melty Saturday but Melty will definitely be on Sunday. Probably after Top 8 Anime. We'll post more info when we know it.
The person for you to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a controller in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do: and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot.

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2014, 10:12:27 AM »
looking forward to it!
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline The505

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • #maidsports
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 03:49:32 PM »
we didnt have enough time/space for a double elim torny. But we did end up playing a sweet red v white. i'll post details and video links tomorrow.
<Killfiend> God I love melty
<Killfiend> So much comeback potential,yet it doesnt really on retarded mechanics like xfactor and ultras