hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: cf/gazeebo meetup in ny 4/19  (Read 10117 times)

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
cf/gazeebo meetup in ny 4/19
« on: April 15, 2008, 06:14:13 PM »
Yeah, get hype.  Probably going to be at cf till we get kicked out then to our secondary location.  Should have mb and ab action.

update:  Come whenever you want.  CF opens noonish, which I hope to be there not long after.  Gazeebo is weather dependent, but the forecast looks good.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 11:29:25 PM by Zaelar »

Offline someAzNdude

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • need dat fix D:
    • View Profile
Re: cf/gazeebo meetup in ny 4/19
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 06:44:55 PM »
Count me in  ;D  :prinny: :prinny: :prinny:

Offline XAQshinor

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Shirley ;-;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 06:46:25 PM »
cool, im gonna be at that NJ tourney but maybe i can come
to future ones.

Offline Tinshi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 06:46:56 PM »
SUREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeee WHATS REALLY GOOD!!!!!!!!111
XAQshinor (12:27:12 PM): Yea I won but I'm still salty

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 06:47:37 PM »
what nj tournament?

if you have a laptop guys, bring it~!

i say we do all mb ;p
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline baod

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 07:31:42 PM »
Apparently im bored enough to take a greyhound ride from toronto to drop in. Wondering when i should arrive / how would I reach cf from the station (port authority 625 8TH AVE New York, NY 10018)

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 08:55:09 PM »
Take the N/Q/R to Canal St.

Or have someone meet up with you?

:3
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 08:51:20 AM »
OH SHIT!

Gazeebo picnic, WHATS REALLY GOOD?!?!?!
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt

Offline DarkSaint

• Spellcaster
  • You already know
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 08:12:18 AM »
ARGH!!!!!!!! This sucks. a couple of people are going to an NJ tourney his same day. Myself, Xaq, and maybe Lord-Knight(not sure about him though) On the off chance that I do miss LEOCON(doubt it will happen since the brackets are being run on my laptop)I'll come down. Why don't you guys try to make this weekly or bi-weekly. I really want to come since the MB community is #1 priority but I already made plans a few weeks ago.

I just read the other posts, if baod comes I have to go. How can I not when he's coming from Canada.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 08:40:38 AM by DarkSaint »
<kijea> anyone pick me up for AM4
<kijea> plz
<kijea> i will suck ur dick

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 06:59:39 PM »
We LIVE in NJ and we don't even know about this tournament you guys are going on about.

Seriously, fuck that shit and come out to CF, I guarantee you'll have a better time.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Twinniss

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 07:03:32 PM »
im in MD and i know about Leocon

basically the only thing worth doing there is winning GGXX and getting a free stix

oh and MTG

so i heard CF got AH2??
Words of a wise man
[20:13] <@bellreisa> with practice mode you can turn 10% into 100%

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=232643&p=8761841&viewfull=1#post8761841 "For Instance, Cammy's strong kick(crouch) is two frames, because it takes almost 2 seconds to do"

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 09:03:46 PM »
cf does have ah2
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 08:47:23 AM »
I'll be co-hosting this event w/ Zaelar/Chibi. As Zaelar mentioned, CF opens at about 12pm on Sat's. I intended to be there at about 1pm-2pm to help set up and such. The arcade owner (Sam) shows up to shut out shit down at around 7pm but for precaution we'll close up shop at about 6pm then move out to THE GAZEBO till ppl decide they want to go the fuck home.  :psyduck: 

This is basically an experiment to attempt to reclaim the non-netplay scene for EC as well as possibly draw in some new players. Zaelar and Chibi will be providing sticks (sexy ass hori's) for the setup and it is encouraged that make use of them. We plan to run casuals on Arcade Mode setting where one game is played and the winner stays on (until they accumulate 10wins, then they gotta get the fuck off  >:( ). To maintain a smooth pace of battles, it is encouraged that you use this sticks provided so uuuhhh yeah - none of that pad shit fucking up the flow. If you have your own stick w/ the same config as the Horis and you feel that it's absolutely necessary to  :fap: with it, then go ahead, because all it takes is a simple swap out w/o reconfiguring. In a sense, this emulates an arcade atmosphere for the melty community i.e. "what if CF had MBAC"  :mystery:. This will likely be running on one setup with quite a few ppl trying to play, so please try to understand.

One-1-and-out tourney ($1 entry, one game, single elim, winner take all) is probable near the end of the casual session so whoever wants to get down, talk to Zaelar so he can throw you up in Dem Brackets.

A few ruwelz:

First and most IMPORTANT: DO NOT BANG, BASH, MISTREAT, THROW, PUNCH, or misuse the sticks in any way (you anger management ppl know what im talking about). You get caught mishandling sticks, you don't play. Simple as that. Zaelar/Chibi are kind enough to allow us to all play with their sticks (................................................. .......................no homo) so please try to show your appreciation by not going nuts on them.

Second, we simply ask you to not disrespect the mods and hosts of the event (Zaelar/Chibi/Myself). Remember: we're doing this for you guys and I'm pretty sure if we weren't doing this no one else would so try not to act up, plz. Shit-talking to mods in-game is acceptable though and highly encouraged  :blah:. Stay hype you bums.

Next, the 10-win streak rule. Since the game will be set to Arcade Mode it will be easy to determine when 10-wins are accumulated. In the event that this occurs, the player wins a special trip to the Stop-Beasting-Please Bench. There, you can enjoy watching scrubs play and take in some of that fine CF recirculated air.

Last but not least........STAY HYPE, MUTHAFWAKAHZZZZJFOISJDABKAAUDOUFOW$*(Wn. Melty Blood is serious business! AAAAGGGHHHHH! If this all goes well, hopefully Zaelar can start working a hype-point system for regular events to keep the players hungry for the top spots.

Quote from: Zaelar
Should have mb and mb action.
*fixed*. Hey, did Chibi tell you about the megaphone idea? Let me know if you're down for that.

Quote from: Makoto Scrub
Gazeebo death-massacre, WHATS REALLY GOOD?!?!?!
*fixed for non-gayness*

See you bums there.

zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 07:29:39 PM »
Lol... not willing to drive all the way to NJ, so I guess this is the second best option...

Hey, what's the full address of this place?
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 10:51:18 PM »
Arcade mode, eh? Interesting idea. I'll be adopting this for the sessions in NorCal.
"Accent Core is perfection. It's like the concept of freedom captured into a videogame."

Offline Phae

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 11:00:55 PM »
Lol... not willing to drive all the way to NJ, so I guess this is the second best option...

Hey, what's the full address of this place?

CF is 8 Mott Street

Gazebo is up the block.

Offline Zero

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 11
  • Gotta pick a character
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008, 11:09:18 PM »
Wow, I so wish i could go to this. Too bad for me that I would be doing something else...  :'(

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2008, 02:57:06 AM »
Chibi told me about the megaphone, and while I think it's a good idea to have one for tournaments I don't see why it would be needed for this.

I never said anyone could use my stick.  I don't mind most anyone using it, but i definitely have a problem with one certain individual who shall remain named(chibi) using it.

And I was thinking about running one game single elim for the hell of it if people wanted.  One dollar entree sounds good.  Sayid, if you can bring your laptop with bracket software we can make this pro, or I could just carve brackets into a bench or something.  I have another idea that is essentially the same thing but has an OH SHIZZLE! factor.

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2008, 02:59:43 AM »
I'll be there, dunno if I count as a Melty player :mystery:
215-218-8244

Offline Phae

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2008, 04:39:42 AM »
I'll be there, dunno if I count as a Melty player :mystery:

Get hype  :toot:

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2008, 06:29:48 AM »
Chibi told me about the megaphone, and while I think it's a good idea to have one for tournaments I don't see why it would be needed for this.

I never said anyone could use my stick.  I don't mind most anyone using it, but i definitely have a problem with one certain individual who shall remain named(chibi) using it.

And I was thinking about running one game single elim for the hell of it if people wanted.  One dollar entree sounds good.  Sayid, if you can bring your laptop with bracket software we can make this pro, or I could just carve brackets into a bench or something.  I have another idea that is essentially the same thing but has an OH SHIZZLE! factor.
Damn Zaelar, my bad. I got so hype that I started presuming shit but thankfully you're being a trooper about letting ppl use your stick (what's up w/ the chibi hate though lol).

As for the megaphone project...I'm still going to do it, with or without youuuuu!  :'( Trying to stay hype at all times is all.

And brackets should be carved into stone so that it may be passed on to future generations of mb players! But seriously, I'll just bring the lappy. "OH SHIZZLE! factor"? If it involves stripping for losing or something along those lines, Phae get's in for free!  :prinny:

Should be at CF around 1pm.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 07:58:34 AM by ZARtacus! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline DarkSaint

• Spellcaster
  • You already know
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2008, 07:15:06 AM »
well, I'm about to leave in a sec, so I should get there at about 12:30 - 1:00PM :toot:
<kijea> plz

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2008, 11:16:58 AM »
I can't play on stick, so I guess I'm a no go. =(

Allow pads next time!  >:(
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline DarkSaint

• Spellcaster
  • You already know
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2008, 07:10:17 AM »
We did get to play on pads, everyonr just played stick when we were at CF, but after that we switched up.
<kijea> plz

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2008, 09:16:15 AM »
The sticks were just for casuals since it takes a good amount of time to switch controllers after every game, and doing 2/3 to see who stays and who goes when there are 5+ people would leave people playing once an hour.  During tournament I want everyone at the top of their game.

We didn't use the secret factor I was thinking of, maybe next time.  It was just pulling names out of a hat instead of using a bracket, so no one would know who they were going to play until they were up.  Winners go into the next hat, losers get shredded.  It's exactly the same as a single elim bracket, like the one we used.

Thanks to everyone who showed to make this a fun INTERNATIONAL event!  Good shit to our canadian friend who made top 4.(I think)