hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: CH3 - "Chicago Heart 3" 8/13 or 8/14 MvC3/AH3/BBCS2/MB/SF4 tourney  (Read 921 times)

Offline HeartNana

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • Stealth Momo
    • View Profile
    • My Japan Blog
(copypasted from SRK)
Hey guys, welcome to the 3rd unofficial "Chicago Heart" tournament series! I'll be in Chicago in August, and I figured that while I'm there, why not throw a tourney? I know it's 2 weeks after evo, but the date is set for that weekend (8/13 or 8/14 hasn't been 100% decided yet), after that, its a matter of finding a venue and people to help run the tourneys, as well as to bring the systems. The game list isn't 100% set in stone either.

Anyways, the location will be either in Chicago, or in the chicagoland area. Depending on the interest depends on how big of a venue I'll want to get. If it doesn't seem like many people will show, then I don't need to rent a big place. On the other hand, if interest is high, then I will do what I can to rent a bigger place.

Date - 8/13/2011 OR 8/14/2011
Location - Chicagoland

The game list is tenatively:

Definite games:
Marvel vs Capcom 3 PS3/360? (run by ???)
Arcana Heart 3 - PS3 (run by HeartNana)
Naruto 4 - Gamecube (run by ???)
GGAC - PS2 (run by Elvenshadow)
Street Fighter IV - (run by Humbag and ???)
Soul Calibur 2 - (run by digimonemperor)

Maybe's
Blazblue Continuum Shift 2 - If CS2 isn't released on the PS3/360 by then via patch to BBCS, then it will not be included in the tourney, and will likely be replaced by guilty gear.
Melty Blood Actress Again - If people will come for this game, it will be run. If there's no interest, then the game will be canned.

I don't have an exact amount yet, but there will MOST LIKELY be a venue fee of $10, $5 off if you bring a system+game or tv, and $10 off if you bring both.

About team tournies - While I do like the idea of team tourneys as well as singles, it comes down to an issue of time. In addition, MvC3 and SFIV bring in a lot of people, and running both of those games at the same time seems difficult, as well as running teams/singles for both. For those games, just the singles tourney might be best, but I'll accept any feedback.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to ask. Any interest whatsoever will help too! If you're free to help run a tourney, that'd be great, too!

-----

So yeah pretty much, if people are willing to travel, bring setups, run the tourney, then im totally down with having it there. I'm gonna be busy running stuff, so I can't run Melty, but if someone is willing to, I'm willing to have it there. I just need to know if anyone will come.

Also, Saturday or sunday? Which would be better for anyone whose planning on showing up?
My new Japan blog  (updated weekly)- http://arcanaheartnana.blogspot.com/

Offline Beno~

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
Re: CH3 - "Chicago Heart 3" 8/13 or 8/14 MvC3/AH3/BBCS2/MB/SF4 tourney
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 10:06:03 PM »
dont shaft melty. Meta will be very sad. ;_;