1 (5.6%)
BlazBlue
0 (0%)
King of Fighters
0 (0%)
Soul Calibur
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Eight on the Break Tournaments  (Read 15814 times)

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Re: Eight on the Break Tournaments
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2012, 11:20:26 AM »
ehrik youre a penis
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2012, 12:48:46 PM »
Yeah okay, like AP would have 9 entrants if I started a tourney for it. I don't even know 9 people who are getting the fucking game, let alone 9 people nearby who would go to this tournament. Maybe a poll was seriously not the way to go here.
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2012, 01:19:12 PM »
Wow so you're just gonna throw out the data without even seeing if people are gonna come out?
Okay.
It takes an idiot to do cool things.
That's why it's cool.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2012, 01:25:33 PM »
Yeah okay, like AP would have 9 entrants if I started a tourney for it. I don't even know 9 people who are getting the fucking game, let alone 9 people nearby who would go to this tournament. Maybe a poll was seriously not the way to go here.

People who would come out off the top of my head:

Myself
Pincher
Zaelar

Then everyone else who said they'd come out once a month.

You should make it Melty / Persona / AP, and just judge how many people enter each or if one is worth dropping or whatever. Shit, throw Skullgirls in there and more people will come I promise. Or you can alternate, two one week, two the other.

:D
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2012, 01:49:46 PM »
imo like iora said, you should just make them into monthly tournaments. you'll guarantee more people coming out (because people who have to travel far have to pay more if its twice a month)

also if i could change the vote i'll do AP.
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2012, 01:52:18 PM »
At that point you'll have to talk to Daiandoh so you don't conflict with one another.

Or alternate between you two lol
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2012, 02:09:11 PM »
These aren't becoming monthly.

Also, considering the vote was intended for people who are actually making it out, looking at this poll of course i'd begin to reconsider lol

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2012, 02:10:06 PM »
Roku you shouldn't host a poll, then throw all the poll results because you don't think its real.  People have posted they want to play Aquapazza, and its in the results.  Also, if you are running bi-weeklies, I think rotating the games is a great idea.  Zaelar, once again in all his decades of fighting game brilliance, said run two games one week and two games another week.  If you can get the people for it, what's the problem?  P4U and AP can be the new games, and you can run MB and GG for the old games. 

Bi-weeklies do not necessarily mean the same games.
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2012, 02:16:28 PM »
I've stated 23238018957123489578239578123895712389598571569 times this is a Persona 4 biweekly and that we're discussing the second game

Also, I knew after I made them that polling every site was kinda a crappy idea, especially when the votes would of course be reflective of each site's game. [Though AP won here lol]

That said, with internet polls not everyone who votes is going to make it out. I knew this already, but as soon as I see AP with so many votes ofc i'm going to question the validity of my results with who's actually coming when the number of people getting it on the east coast who are capable of coming are already fairly slim. You guys can say whatever you want, but I'm wiser to running AP as a biweekly game and having to deal with 4 entrants, probably 2 who don't even own the game because it's an expensive import. That and it will be hard to generate outside interest for the game.

That said, I already talked to Tonberry regarding this topic and if Philly agrees to try to make it out sometimes I am okay with rotating in AP accordingly, because I know far better than to think that if I just make AP the second game at my biweekly that it'd have this much support.

Though realize that it's the people who are not coming locally for a local that are even making me consider running AP in the first place.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 02:18:31 PM by Rokunaya »

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2012, 02:21:51 PM »
lol

Everyone's 100% serious about playing AP, what are you bugging out about, I told you people were going to play the game.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2012, 02:24:55 PM »
Yeah you should just make AP the main game, not P4U.  Just be the headquarters for AP games on the east coast and people will come. 
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2012, 02:25:18 PM »
Roku, you're borderlining chibi in terms of idiocy right now.  Why put an option for the poll that you're just going to disregard if it gets the most votes?  You've stated it 23238018957123489578239578123895712389598571570 times that persona is biweekly, what about the other weeks?

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2012, 02:31:21 PM »
You've stated it 23238018957123489578239578123895712389598571570 times that persona is biweekly, what about the other weeks?

Persona biweekly means that Persona is going to run at everyone of these events, which are biweekly. I'm saying that I have room for one other game at the same tournament Persona is going to be running under. There is no 'other week'

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2012, 02:44:23 PM »
Then just run AP and be done with it, shit, you're giving two new games a chance to flourish and grow.

What's wrong with that?

(Throw Skullgirls in there please thanks)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 02:49:38 PM by F9|Chibi »
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2012, 02:49:56 PM »
Then just run AP and be done with it, shit.

See the issue here is that I'm not too inclined to believe AP is going to have the biweekly numbers strong enough for me to keep it in since I have a quota, and honestly I don't want to waste my time doing it when I'm not certain you guys will actually come out for it. I saw people/rokrew make it out for RBR's GG event, so I know that GG's players are able/willing to do so, but with AP I can only see many cons and it's up to all of you to try and outweigh them by actually showing up and supporting it, something that wasn't done that well when I did melty at the break. My apprehension here isn't because I don't want to run it, it's because I'm just trying to be cautious with trying to believe that I'd have 10 players for it at biweeklies when melty couldn't even really pull in that support... something the polls are trying to make me believe.

But if you guys SWEAR to make it out biweekly or at least monthly so I can rotate the second game with GG/AP or something, I can see what I can do.

Edit: Sorry I don't like skullgirls lol

P.S.: For example, Mayonaka Midnight wants melty/bb, and dustloop wants melty/gg. But since I actually ran melty at the break I know that's going to flop, especially when P4U drops... same is very likely to happen with BB. So adding my judgement from what to take from these polls compared to what NJ players are actually inclined to do is just logical, and I haven't heard of AP getting this much support until literally just a day ago
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 02:54:12 PM by Rokunaya »

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2012, 02:57:36 PM »
I bring up Skullgirls because we can get 10 people for it easy, but that's your call.

As for people not coming for Melty?

Well it's Melty. Even you stopped playing it, bad game to compare 'results' for.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2012, 03:00:22 PM »
Considering it's practically the same exact players who said they'd come out for melty are saying they'd come out for AP, on a MELTY forum, it's actually a completely relevant example. Ontop of that, AP is also not as easy to pirate and is going to be an expensive import only game.

Also I'm aware Skullgirls can do that easy but I also really don't like it since it's too much like marvel.

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2012, 03:00:40 PM »
See the issue here is that I'm not too inclined to believe AP is going to have the biweekly numbers strong enough for me to keep it in since I have a quota, and honestly I don't want to waste my time doing it when I'm not certain you guys will actually come out for it. I saw people/rokrew make it out for RBR's GG event, so I know that GG's players are able/willing to do so, but with AP I can only see many cons and it's up to all of you to try and outweigh them by actually showing up and supporting it, something that wasn't done that well when I did melty at the break. My apprehension here isn't because I don't want to run it, it's because I'm just trying to be cautious with trying to believe that I'd have 10 players for it at biweeklies

P4A is going to get more then 10 people on its own.  You don't need to worry about that. 

melty couldn't even really pull in that support... something the polls are trying to make me believe.

:teach: :teach: :teach: :teach: :teach:

1: [KEEBLER]~AlexanderTheGreat ($50)
2: [KEEBLER]Gilgamesh~ ($5)
3: [RK]ROKUNAYA ($0 ;A;)
4: a
5: Colpevole
5: Grover
7: dumba989
7: DarkLeviathan
9: Hastur
9: RZO
9: DerpyD

dats 11.   :V

But if you guys SWEAR to make it out biweekly or at least monthly so I can rotate the second game with GG/AP or something, I can see what I can do.

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

I haven't heard of AP getting this much support until literally just a day ago

Of course you haven't, you didn't ask about having AP anywhere until literally just a day ago and you haven't been asking around to see how many people are importing the game or interested in it.  Look, the philly guys will come down once a month.  If they come for the first tournament with AP you can ask everyone there who is going to come back in 2 weeks.  If you don't get a sufficient number you can say "look, we don't have enough #s without counting philly so we can't have this more then once a month."  But with such extensive support for the greatest FG coming out in recent history you shouldn't be so skeptical.
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2012, 03:04:26 PM »
Of course you haven't, you didn't ask about having AP anywhere until literally just a day ago and you haven't been asking around to see how many people are importing the game or interested in it.

Actually I was asking around to see who'd get AP for a while and it was hard finding people

Look, the philly guys will come down once a month.  If they come for the first tournament with AP you can ask everyone there who is going to come back in 2 weeks.  If you don't get a sufficient number you can say "look, we don't have enough #s without counting philly so we can't have this more then once a month."

But that suggestion is pretty reasonable, we can do that. If this flops at all though, I'm just going straight to guilty, so you guys need to prove yourselves.

But with such extensive support for the greatest FG coming out in recent history you shouldn't be so skeptical.

:laffo: :laffo: :laffo: :laffo: :laffo: :laffo:

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2012, 03:11:44 PM »
It's cool guys, if Roku doesn't want to run AP don't force it on him.
Show up to events that want to run it.
It takes an idiot to do cool things.
That's why it's cool.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2012, 03:20:25 PM »
Dude anyone playing anime ANYTHING will be playing Persona and AP. I don't get what you're worried about

You have a bigger chance with a new game like AP then you do with Melty. You want to regulate Melty as 'that other game' with the leftovers of people who will play it for the fuck it, go ahead~

Also SG is supposed to play like Marvel, what's your point lol
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2012, 03:28:58 PM »
Shit, Chibi, your avatar is too anime. You don't get to make fun of Komidol for that crap anymore.
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2012, 03:44:57 PM »
Shit, Chibi, your avatar is too anime. You don't get to make fun of Komidol for that crap anymore.

Oh yeah?

COME SEE ME IN AQUAPLIZZAERS
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Pincher

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2012, 01:30:34 AM »
Stop this worthless speak and just run Aquapazza...
You don't have enough science.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2012, 02:29:40 AM »
i....have a confession to make. roku totally found out about me rigging the polls to have aquapazza :( those votes dont actually exist
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community