hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: EVO 2K11 - July 29-31  (Read 11430 times)

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
EVO 2K11 - July 29-31
« on: January 27, 2011, 07:02:21 PM »
At the Rio this time around, book early for cheaper rooms.

http://evo2k.com/

Tournament titles this year include:

Marvel vs Capcom 3
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
Super Street Fighter IV
Mortal Kombat 9
Tekken 6

Just posting since I didn't see an Evo listing yet on the tournament boards.

Shin here is, of course, going as always and looking for anyone interested in rooming. The room I will be getting will be a 1-bed non-smoking with plenty of time for casual gaming. I am entering in CS and none of the others.
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
Re: EVO 2K11 - July 29-31
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 04:00:49 AM »
I know this is the new generation of games, but the list this year is kinda, MEH..............
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline grandlordzero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • ^ Still My EVO-Face
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 07:46:34 AM »
Anyone bringing melty or AH3 to the BYOC? Or hell, even Ougan. Im heading down for marvel 3, il play some animu if anyone has it set up.
Why do I even bother going to EVO anymore.... D8

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 10:22:05 AM »
There will be plenty of people there with MB and AH setups i'm sure. Not sure if i'm up to going this year. Will depend on how many other from the community decide to head out since they're all butt hurt about this main game nonsense.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 11:08:52 AM »
@Tempered
Yeah, ppl need to drop that asinine mentality about their game not being a main event for a tournament/community where the majority of the participants and players don't give a fuck about us anyway. I say more energy should be spent trying to give reasons for our people to show up, smash some heads in, and make some noise (and of course be elitist fags by showing others what dedication, loyalty and HYPE are really about). Most of the players in the MB community should be used to smelling the shit end of the stick by now. There are no freebies or holding hands when it comes to MB + US (exception being last EVO which IMO we didn't deserve). We still got quite a bit more work ahead of us with this so just dust the hate off and keep moving forward.

Also, if things are looking good for me in about 3-4mths from now, I'll try to haul my ass out to the dessert again but I may have to get WC non-EC locals to sign an online "no ducking" contract before heading out there lol.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 11:35:27 AM by ZARtacus! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 01:17:52 PM »
Why do people still talk about ougon that game is poop. Anyways just show up, run a side tourney just like '07 have fun, get drunk, talk shit.
what the fuck is this game

Offline ShinMasaki

• Loremaster
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 81
  • 真先生 demands attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 01:29:33 PM »
The main titles this year are a little on the Meh side this time around, but I am looking forward to getting some MB action in as well.

So, room rates are
$69 for Sun - Thurs
$139 for Fri - Sun

Chances are also good that these will be standard rooms (although for Rio, standard is still amazing). So, I believe I will be attempting to work around this and go for MY rates...that come with being a card member of status at the Rio and I will attempt to get a 1600 sq' ft room, a suite. If so, the rates that I normally get this suite for $100 a night, which is far superior, in my opinion. I'll be there from Thurs - Mon, so 4 nights. Right now, I think the room may already be full, but I will have more specifics as time goes on.

I'll be bringing a PStriple with BB:CS, a PSdos with MBAA and other scrub fighters and possibly a win360 with Black Ops because scrubs cant touch. But I'll be there with games going and also will be hitting up the town IF ANYONE WANTS TO BE COOL AND HANG OUT  :V
Common Sense?! In My Touhous?! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!!!

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 02:37:50 PM »
Hit up the Gold Coast imo.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 02:10:47 AM »
As usual, opening my doors for people to stay.  For much cheaper rooming at the expense of being about 15-20 minutes drive time away from the location, hit me up via PM or email.  Only allowing 5 people from out of state to stay with me this time around, and Chibi's already got number 1 spot.

Just to note, I will not be entering in any games, but will just be there to hang out with the regulars.  Don't expect much of any gaming to actually happen at my place, because we will most likely only return there to sleep.  Same shit applies as last time basically. 

Things to keep in mind for staying with me:
1. I'm charging $40 a head for the entire stay, no matter how early you arrive.  This is to cover van rental fees only.
2. Coordinate flight info if possible, but no sweat if you can't.  My current job is very easy about taking time off when needed.
3. Bring clothing and showering utilities.  We have a lot of pillows/blankets/etc, so you only have to bring those if you feel so inclined.  Any necessities you need that can't make it through airport security can be purchased at the nearby grocery or convenience stores (they're like a block down the road).
4. Food will probably be handled as such: Morning stop by the grocery store for breakfast/lunch snacks and drinks for the day (buying whole gallons of water/tea/drinks is advised).  This should last us until sometime late afternoon or early evening where usually a group meal will occur at a mildly expensive cafe on the strip.  Finally, on the way back from the event, we'll probably stop by somewhere relatively cheap near the house (like IHOP) for dinner.  You'll probably spend more on food than anything else during the event (especially when eating on the strip).
5. No wild drinking or substance abuse while staying at my house, please.  Smoking is permitted outside.
6. We have two dogs.  They're outside dogs that chill in the backyard, so they shouldn't cause any allergy problems.

Once again, if you're interested, please shoot me a PM or email.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 06:31:32 AM »
As usual, opening my doors for people to stay.  For much cheaper rooming at the expense of being about 15-20 minutes drive time away from the location, hit me up via PM or email.  Only allowing 5 people from out of state to stay with me this time around, and Chibi's already got number 1 spot.

Just to note, I will not be entering in any games, but will just be there to hang out with the regulars.  Don't expect much of any gaming to actually happen at my place, because we will most likely only return there to sleep.  Same shit applies as last time basically.  

Things to keep in mind for staying with me:
1. I'm charging $40 a head for the entire stay, no matter how early you arrive.  This is to cover van rental fees only.
2. Coordinate flight info if possible, but no sweat if you can't.  My current job is very easy about taking time off when needed.
3. Bring clothing and showering utilities.  We have a lot of pillows/blankets/etc, so you only have to bring those if you feel so inclined.  Any necessities you need that can't make it through airport security can be purchased at the nearby grocery or convenience stores (they're like a block down the road).
4. Food will probably be handled as such: Morning stop by the grocery store for breakfast/lunch snacks and drinks for the day (buying whole gallons of water/tea/drinks is advised).  This should last us until sometime late afternoon or early evening where usually a group meal will occur at a mildly expensive cafe on the strip.  Finally, on the way back from the event, we'll probably stop by somewhere relatively cheap near the house (like IHOP) for dinner.  You'll probably spend more on food than anything else during the event (especially when eating on the strip).
5. No wild drinking or substance abuse while staying at my house, please.  Smoking is permitted outside.
6. We have two dogs.  They're outside dogs that chill in the backyard, so they shouldn't cause any allergy problems.

Once again, if you're interested, please shoot me a PM or email.

If money is good at the time (and I am not in Japan) I will do this.  I'm assuming it's a little bit easier for West Coast to get out to this, whom I'd want to play. 
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 10:06:10 AM »
Gonna make it out this year as well. Gonna need a megaphone in-case the room is too big.

Also, I'll be sure to shoot you a PM LoliSauce.
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 10:33:07 AM »
Thinking about it now, I may actually try to make it out, I have never been to the West Coast in my life for anything & this would be a great experience for me.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 12:35:21 AM »
HEY IM GONNA BE THERE!!! BE PREPARED!! .. also people need to stop bitching about their game isn't in there.. just be thankful it got the exposure it did...it's still gonna be there not matter what.!!
Basically... kind of a big deal....

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 06:51:10 AM »
Oh yeah, almost forgot about EVO, well, if I can't go to anything else, I can save for this one. Who plans to be there the Wednesday or so there before EVO? If so, let's get a room together or something.
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 05:25:20 AM »
I'll be there.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 01:18:45 PM »
Guess I should note that one person dropped out of my "Hotel Loli" guest list and another is kind of on-the-fence about whether he'll actually come down or not.  So there's one or possibly two spots open for anyone looking to stay with me.  Get am me (via pm).
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Joindate:2012

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2011, 12:07:47 AM »
Is there any way we can get current code at evo 2011!?!?!?!??

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2011, 07:41:26 PM »
Is there any way we can get current code at evo 2011!?!?!?!??
Nope.
---

Offline Mistwraith

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2011, 12:36:03 AM »
Cause they apparently think Mk9 is so good a game and they put it into EVO game lineups. Good job lol  :mystery:

Offline Spidey

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 26
  • No homo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2011, 06:15:14 AM »
Cause they apparently think Mk9 is so good a game and they put it into EVO game lineups. Good job lol  :mystery:

It brings people in, cant say that for melty...
Soko Darou

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2011, 10:16:11 PM »
MK9 is a legit game dude, it's better than sf4/mvc3, and will get more numbers than t6.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2011, 06:30:48 AM »
MK9 is a legit game dude, it's better than sf4/mvc3, and will get more numbers than t6.
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2011, 09:01:43 AM »

:laffo:
You know there's no response there right
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Joindate:2012

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2011, 06:53:33 PM »
I just want teh dude at FFA to bring the CC setup

ill pay... i need teh current crack

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2011, 07:36:53 PM »

:laffo:
You know there's no response there right

Because he shares the same feelings.