When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Evo 2k14 Side Tournaments: MBAACC, AH3LM, CC, and AP  (Read 6714 times)

Offline DJcream

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
Evo 2k14 Side Tournaments: MBAACC, AH3LM, CC, and AP
« on: May 03, 2014, 10:56:16 AM »
EVO 2014 is quickly approaching and many airdash/anime games left with no representation in the official tournament lineup. This year, with the help of volunteers (and hopefully EVO staff), we can make these under appreciated games a chance to shine.

Side tournament games: Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code (PC), Arcana Hearts 3 LOVE MAX!!!!! (PS3), Chaos Code (PS3),  Aquapazza (PS3), JoJo's All-Star (PS3 USA)

ORGANIZATION:
- Ideally, 4-6 full setups will be needed to run at least two of these games at the same time. If you can volunteer for equipment (PS3/TVs and laptops), step up and let me know.
- Stream? No plans as of now for a stream. Numakie and Dippy will be providing recording equipment so at least 2 stations will be recorded. We will try to save as many Melty Blood replays.

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE:
- Until EVO divulges the official tournament schedule, times for these side tournaments will be undetermined. I would like to create as little conflict with pulling players from the official BlazBlue tournament.
- Until then, I will assume that BBCP will wrap up within a single day.

NON-BBCP tournament day: Aquapazza, Chaos Code, Melty Blood
- 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Tournament signups - Names will be entered into the bracket after the money is paid. Please state your region (NorCal/SoCal/Vegas/EC/ect.) so the bracket makers can seed by region.
- 1 p.m. - 2 p.m., Brackets being made - Seeding done by region to reduce "Friendly Fire." Last minute registration and getting word out to players that the tournament is gonna start. Please tell TO's if you have an afternoon pool!
- 2 p.m. - END, tournament starts - DQ's will be given if matches are holding up the bracket.

BBCP tournament day: JoJo's All-Star Battle, Arcana Hearts 3 LOVE MAX!!!!!
- 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Tournament signups - Names will be entered into the bracket after the money is paid. Please state your region (NorCal/SoCal/Vegas/EC/ect.) so the bracket makers can seed by region.
- 2 p.m. - 3 p.m., Brackets being made - Seeding done by region to reduce "Friendly Fire." Last minute registration and getting word out to players that the tournament is gonna start. Please tell TO's if you have an afternoon pool!
- 3 p.m. - END, tournament starts - DQ's will be given if matches are holding up the bracket.

NO ONLINE REGISTRATION:
- Please join this group and invite friends so I can gauge interest and bring enough equipment and brackets big enough to accommodate.

GENERAL RULES
- All games are $5 per player
- All tournaments are double elimination pools. All matches are best of three except grand finals, which is best of five
- All brackets will be randomly generated, seeding will be based on region.
- Cash payouts will be 70/20/10
- Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!!, Chaos Code, Aquapazza, JoJo's All-Star Battle on PS3
- Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code 1.07 on PC. Volunteers, please make sure this version is correct. Also please download this button config program to speed up setup: bit.ly/1iPmV6G
- JoJO's All-Star Battle on PS3 will be the USA release. US DLC characters released by July 9, 2014 will be available (on my setup at least). Please be aware of the US Patch Notes here:

VOLUNTEERS:
- DJcream (PS3) Will have AH3LM, JJASB, CC downloaded. AP on disc  :toot:
- Numakie (PS3/CPU/TV) Bringing recording equipment  :toot:
- Dippy (PS3/TV) Bringing recording equipment :toot:
- HC | Fade (PS3/TV)
- MB | Viskar (CPU/TV?)
- MB | KFL (TV)

CROSSPOSTS
- Main Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/740642235967144/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular
- Homing Cancel: http://homingcancel.com/events/evo-2k14-side-tournaments-ah3lm-ap-mbaacc-and-cc/msg41926/#msg41926
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 01:06:08 PM by DJcream »
MBAACC1.07: C-Wlen (main), H-Hisui, C/H-Sacchin
BBCSex: Carl (main), Makoto
Gundam VS ex: God Gundam

Offline DJcream

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Re: Evo 2k14 Side Tournaments: MBAACC, AH3LM, CC, and AP
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 11:16:03 AM »
Post reserved, in case I need an FAQ or something.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 12:50:43 PM »
Games almost are never run on both Friday and Saturday. Everything is usually finished on the same day, except for top 8 for the games on Sunday.

I have a LGP, mixer and mics that I can bring so that even if there is no stream, games can still be recorded (with commentary).
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 09:59:05 AM »
Good stuff, go for it guys!

:)
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 12:41:06 PM »
I'm also bringing my LGP and Streaming stuff. That means we have at least 2 recording/streaming setups
~~Playing the wrong way... and somehow getting away with it.~~
<Pfhor>: no, I only have nightmares about your play numakie
<Pfhor>: because it makes no fucking sense
<Pfhor>: like WHY IS THIS HISUI DOING THESE THINGS

Offline Viskar

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 01:25:48 AM »
For sure bringing my laptop for Melty. I think I will be able to bring an Asus Monitor as well.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 08:00:10 PM by Viskar »

Offline KFL

• NTRs dakimakuras
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 11:37:31 AM »
I'll bring an Asus monitor if we need it.

Offline DJcream

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 01:07:22 PM »
Added JoJo's All Star Battle to the line up.
Splitting up games across 2 days.
Tentative schedule posted.

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 12:42:04 PM »
Just stating some concerns. I'll post more as i think em up.
- Who will stream/record what?
- Will we run the brackets via Challonge, or an alternate program?
- On BBCP Day: I entered BBCP. I'll need someone else to help with the bracket/recording.

More may come.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 03:02:45 PM »
My biggest concern was with scheduling five games at once. Splitting it across two days will help, but that introduces its own issues. The biggest one being the fact that both DJCream and myself are involved in running the BBCP tournament at Evo, so neither of us will be available. I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of running the tournaments on the day BB but I'm not sure how well five games at once would work.

Who is going to be involved in securing space on both days? The BYOC area when the venue hall opens is typically a madhouse.

I'm wondering if any of the publishers or developers would be willing to kick something in. I kind of doubt it, but it's worth exploring. That and if Aksys is there pushing product it's a near-lock they'll be demoing AH3:LM at Evo. You might also want to get in touch with MrWizard and see if they would proive anything -- again, probably not but I do know in the past they did provide some equipment (like monitors).

One last thing: main Evo games always take precedence over side games, don't even try to mess around with this. I actually ran into this in a rather ugly way in 2012 when my SC5 and VF5:FS brackets managed to conflict. Thankfully the staff on both sides was willing to cooperate, but that's not guaranteed.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 03:04:58 PM by Dipstick »
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline DJcream

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 10:01:51 AM »
Just stating some concerns. I'll post more as i think em up.
- Who will stream/record what?
- Will we run the brackets via Challonge, or an alternate program?
- On BBCP Day: I entered BBCP. I'll need someone else to help with the bracket/recording

- Right now, I'm not concerned about streaming/recording setup. This will become an issue once scheduling gets sorted out.
- I'm working off the assumption that internet will be limited inside the venue. Therefore, we'll be using paper brackets or TIO on a computer. I prefer using paper brackets anyways so I'll be printing out like 20 copies of a top 16/32 double elim bracket and I'll be filling stuff in accordingly.

The third point will be addressed in the next post...

Offline DJcream

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 10:32:46 AM »
My biggest concern was with scheduling five games at once. Splitting it across two days will help, but that introduces its own issues. The biggest one being the fact that both DJCream and myself are involved in running the BBCP tournament at Evo, so neither of us will be available. I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of running the tournaments on the day BB but I'm not sure how well five games at once would work.

Who is going to be involved in securing space on both days? The BYOC area when the venue hall opens is typically a madhouse.

I'm wondering if any of the publishers or developers would be willing to kick something in. I kind of doubt it, but it's worth exploring. That and if Aksys is there pushing product it's a near-lock they'll be demoing AH3:LM at Evo. You might also want to get in touch with MrWizard and see if they would proive anything -- again, probably not but I do know in the past they did provide some equipment (like monitors).

One last thing: main Evo games always take precedence over side games, don't even try to mess around with this. I actually ran into this in a rather ugly way in 2012 when my SC5 and VF5:FS brackets managed to conflict. Thankfully the staff on both sides was willing to cooperate, but that's not guaranteed.

Here's what I was thinking with splitting the schedule...
1) Adding JoJo's ASB brought a concern of needing more resources (TVs/PS3s with characters unlocked) so gathering all that would be a struggle.
- I separated the games into 2 days so that each day only requires 4 TVs/PS3s with one day requiring PCs for Melty.

2) JJASB, AH3 on Blazblue day. I didn't take into account that both I and Dippy will have our hands tied with this and Numakie will be participating. I should have talked to you guys over the weekend, since you guys are the most supportive. Nonetheless, these tournaments can be handled in two ways...
- Signups and tournament extended to later in the afternoon after the initial BB pools conclude. Problem: Stuggle to secure setups. Time constraints.
- Both these tournaments moved to Sunday. Problem: People who want to fly back home on Sunday.

I can manage the first option since I'm not scheduled to judge Top 32 or whatever. Plus with the majority of BB entrants eliminated, it gives the players something to do in the afternoon. I've also thought about switching AH3 with Melty so that I would only have to snatch up 2 TVs instead of 4. Of course, that means on Non-BB day, we will need 6 stations total...

3) As for external help, I've reached out to Mr. Wizard and gotten no response back. I'll try my hand with Tony Cannon since I'm already emailing him about judging. As for Atlus/ASW, I haven't talked to a representative yet.

TL;DR I have ideas for organizing plans on BB-day, but these will not be concrete plans just yet. Please bounce around more ideas and we will commit to something by the end of the month.

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 04:43:03 PM »
I was thinking about getting additional help from other local TO's or Figure heads.  I know San Diego play Jojo's and AH3, so i was thinking of having them help out with those.

Also, we can also get Tenryo to assist with CC, if he does go to Evo of course.

Yes? No? Maybe?  :toot: