hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Evolution Championship Series 2015 Side Tournaments  (Read 2370 times)

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
Evolution Championship Series 2015 Side Tournaments
« on: January 22, 2015, 07:41:16 PM »
Dustloop Cross Post
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10344-evolution-championship-series-2015-side-tournaments/#entry887687

--------

Hey all, this thread is for the planning of the Evo 2015 side tournaments. We now know that both Xrd and P4AU will be at Evo this year, so some folks from SoCal and NorCal (and maybe more areas) are trying to plan out the details for side tournaments at the moment. However, there are a LOT of games that people want to play and we will absolutely need help providing setups! This year is guaranteed to be one of the biggest Evo tournaments for anime, being the first to feature two Arc System Works games in the main lineup ever. Given this, we expect more people to show up than ever before, which also will likely mean a larger turnout for the yearly side tournaments.

Last year was a blast, but it took us an entire day to run Persona and Guilty Gear with the setups we had. Brett was also running Gundam (I don't know how long that took, but maybe he can shed some light on this), and both Numakie and DJ Cream were running other poverty games. From what I saw, everyone involved was at it basically the entire day.

Last year's numbers:
Persona: 95
Guilty Gear: 107
Aquapazza: 27
Chaos Code: 20
JoJos ASB: 22
Arcana Heart 3: 41
Melty: 50
VSav: 40

That said, we have a handful of people lined up to stream and run the side tournaments, but there are a lot of unknowns at this point. We don't know how big the BYOC area will be, we don't know what days it will be open, and we don't know what days and times Xrd and P4AU will be run. A mod or myself will update this post as we get more concrete details. In the meantime, please participate in the attached poll so we can gauge interest!

------

Go to the Dustloop Cross Post to take the poll.
~~Playing the wrong way... and somehow getting away with it.~~
<Pfhor>: no, I only have nightmares about your play numakie
<Pfhor>: because it makes no fucking sense
<Pfhor>: like WHY IS THIS HISUI DOING THESE THINGS

Offline heavymetalmixer

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • For the lulz!
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Championship Series 2015 Side Tournaments
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 04:50:15 AM »
Now that (probably) there will be two French Bread games on Side events, maybe there won't be as many players as the last year, still I'm hoping to see matches to make me feel proud of being part of this game community (I won't leave the game anyways, so it's just for fun :toot: )
If you don't laugh, you don't live.

Twitter: @heavymetalmixer

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Championship Series 2015 Side Tournaments
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 06:18:01 AM »
Don't you mean 3 French Bread games? (Mb, dfc, uniel)
~~Playing the wrong way... and somehow getting away with it.~~
<Pfhor>: no, I only have nightmares about your play numakie
<Pfhor>: because it makes no fucking sense
<Pfhor>: like WHY IS THIS HISUI DOING THESE THINGS