When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Final Round XIV -- March 11th - 13th 201 -- Atlanta, GA  (Read 33851 times)

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • Respect your opponent's and respect the game!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.finalround.org
Re: Final Round XIV -- March 11th - 13th 201 -- Atlanta, GA
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2011, 08:49:13 PM »
We would like to welcome MADCATZ as an official sponsor on Final Round XIV.  The man, the myth, the legend Markman will be attending FR14 with a great big goodie bag!  The winner of each Official Tournament Game will win a sexy new Tournament Edition Joystick and a Tritton Headset!   Team Spooky stream http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky  will be the main stream for FR14 and there will be a raffle for a TE stick+Tritton headset combo. 

We will also have a 2nd stream during FR14 that will have interviews of top players and will have tournament play from tekken, meltyblood, ggxxac, BB, and team tournaments at Final Round's ustream page http://www.ustream.tv/channel/final-round-streams There will be a raffle for a TE stick+Tritton headset on this stream also!

We will also have updates on the Final Round twitter page http://twitter.com/#!/ATLfinalround during FR14 on tournaments results during the event and for the winners of the raffles.  We want to bring you as much of the event this year to you the viewer, so please tune in to both streams and enjoy FR14!
Final Round "A Tradition in The FGC"

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2011, 11:10:16 AM »
Guys I hate to break it to you, but I just got rocked by real life...

Real Life just owned me up 9-1 on the match-up charts as of today. As of today, I just found out that I have 3 months in my enlistment before I have to GTFO of Seymour Johnson. Basically what they're doing is cutting down our enlisted (myself) and officer core and giving us until May 31st of this year before we decide to either:

Separate with a Honorable Discharge as if we completed our term.

or

Go into the Reserves if we choose.

This rollback program mainly affects people who aren't eligible to re-enlist and years in service is also taken into consideration. Seeing as how I'm ineligible to re-enlist (as if I really wanted) and I only had 2 years 10 months since this program kicked off (if I had 3 I'd be set) they're accelerating my Date of Separation date to the end of May. How does this relate to fighting games? Well this basically turns my Final Round plans into shit since I now have to focus on my separation and moving process. If you had plans on staying in my room I'm sorry, but you're going to have to room with someone else.

Sorry guys, no FR for me this year... :'(

Talk about bullshit man........I'd go on a literal killing spree if something stopped me from going to this event this deep into it, you're a better man than me. So Shinobi, would you & others still be at the hotel Thursday night or this affected that as well?
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2011, 01:08:24 PM »
Guys I hate to break it to you, but I just got rocked by real life...

Real Life just owned me up 9-1 on the match-up charts as of today. As of today, I just found out that I have 3 months in my enlistment before I have to GTFO of Seymour Johnson. Basically what they're doing is cutting down our enlisted (myself) and officer core and giving us until May 31st of this year before we decide to either:

Separate with a Honorable Discharge as if we completed our term.

or

Go into the Reserves if we choose.

This rollback program mainly affects people who aren't eligible to re-enlist and years in service is also taken into consideration. Seeing as how I'm ineligible to re-enlist (as if I really wanted) and I only had 2 years 10 months since this program kicked off (if I had 3 I'd be set) they're accelerating my Date of Separation date to the end of May. How does this relate to fighting games? Well this basically turns my Final Round plans into shit since I now have to focus on my separation and moving process. If you had plans on staying in my room I'm sorry, but you're going to have to room with someone else.

Sorry guys, no FR for me this year... :'(

Talk about bullshit man........I'd go on a literal killing spree if something stopped me from going to this event this deep into it, you're a better man than me. So Shinobi, would you & others still be at the hotel Thursday night or this affected that as well?

I could technically go, but I would not be getting my own room...

Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2011, 05:06:47 PM »

Bama will still be there on Thursday. It's all good here.

Brandon/Larry: No show on Sunday since I have no idea wtf work is gonna do to me that day. Sorry to hear about that shit going down Brandon.
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2011, 07:41:25 PM »

Brandon/Larry: No show on Sunday since I have no idea wtf work is gonna do to me that day. Sorry to hear about that shit going down Brandon.

Next Sunday before FR we can do it since I'll be free.

Also, I'm 90% sure I can go if I decide to cancel the reservation...sorry guys.
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2011, 04:40:18 AM »

Next Sunday before FR we can do it since I'll be free.

Also, I'm 90% sure I can go if I decide to cancel the reservation...sorry guys.

Hey man, you gotta do what you gotta do, I wish I had a bigger room now for shit like this to help people out because honestly I just wanted to play all the people that are coming, especially in the South so I have an idea of who's who & to get my name out there when I start traveling later on this year after FR.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 27, 2011, 08:53:06 PM »
  11 days, 9 hours, 27 minutes until FINAL ROUND 14!  Online registration ends on 3-1-11!  I think the fr14 hotel rooms are all sold out.  There will be rooms but they will cost $123 per night I think, when you could have gotten them for $89 per night under the FR14 room rate.  Call the hotel and see if they have any extra rooms for sell.  404-767-9000. Anyways with FR14 being so close the hype meter is building like a lvl3 XFACTOR!!!!!!!

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2011, 01:06:05 PM »
Since I'm a nice guy I will extend the online registration until march 8th for those that haven't sign up yet. This is the late late last minute deal of $35 for a badge. It will be $40 at the door.  I also went by the hotel and YOU CAN HOOK YOUR SYSTEMS TO THE TV'S with no problems!!!!!!!!!  There's A/V ports on the side of the LG tv's for easy access.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2011, 04:26:52 PM »
Since I'm a nice guy I will extend the online registration until march 8th for those that haven't sign up yet. This is the late late last minute deal of $35 for a badge. It will be $40 at the door.  I also went by the hotel and YOU CAN HOOK YOUR SYSTEMS TO THE TV'S with no problems!!!!!!!!!  There's A/V ports on the side of the LG tv's for easy access.

GDLK.

Yo Jaxx, what time on Thursday are you getting there and how much you need for the room and alcoholic beverages?

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2011, 05:58:53 PM »
I don't know about y'all niggas, but I'm fucking HYPED to play some Melty!!!!
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2011, 04:59:45 AM »
At the event on March 11, 2011 Sign in/Registration will end on friday AT 12NOON SHARP!  Once the tournament start registration ENDS!!!!!  We can not hold up the tournament due to people being lazy and wanting to enter at the last second.  This is unfair to everyone attending FR14.  The longer we wait to finish the sign in line means the longer it takes to start the tournament.  We want to get things moving faster this year.  So PLEASE be at the event early on friday so we can get the registration over with as quickly as possible.

If you can't make it on friday you BETTER REGISTER ONLINE!  You can pick up badges during the entire day of friday, but you won't beable to sign up/REGISTER FOR TOURNAMENTS at the door after 12 noon on friday march 11, 2011.   We will open registration for games back up at 10pm-12midnight for the late comers on friday!

There's only 7 days until FINAL ROUND XIV!!!!!

Offline Jaxx

• Old Dirty Bastard on the Microphone
  • NIGGA NERO BITCH!
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Huaaaaaaaaaaaa bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2011, 01:43:53 AM »
yo i will be there on thursday, 25 a night, so far i only have tone in my room so peoples are more than welcome to stay with me

as far as drinks we can figure it out when we are here
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 01:52:49 AM by Jaxx »
Back in full FX, again.  Getting back into practice, well, that's another thing all together.

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2011, 06:18:24 AM »
yo i will be there on thursday, 25 a night, so far i only have tone in my room so peoples are more than welcome to stay with me

Well you can be on the lookout for Myself, Shinobi, and Phfor on Thursday then.

Offline Tone

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • ain't no god in the sky, it's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2011, 09:44:35 AM »

i'm in SK's room actually, so that frees up a spot. I thought i told you about that before, but must've forgot. my bad.

not that i won't be by to hang out anyways lol
da  only mb player in north bay, get hype!

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2011, 10:43:52 AM »

i'm in SK's room actually, so that frees up a spot. I thought i told you about that before, but must've forgot. my bad.

not that i won't be by to hang out anyways lol

Aww no room dark as fuck? Or is that just SKs room now?

Offline Tone

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • ain't no god in the sky, it's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2011, 04:15:33 PM »
Just hoping Pfhor doesn't do anything to cause him to lose the card.
da  only mb player in north bay, get hype!

Offline Jaxx

• Old Dirty Bastard on the Microphone
  • NIGGA NERO BITCH!
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Huaaaaaaaaaaaa bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2011, 05:08:35 PM »
My flight leaves at 12 so i should be there pretty early. hit me up on here or the cell i'll pm it to ya
Back in full FX, again.  Getting back into practice, well, that's another thing all together.

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2011, 06:17:55 AM »
My flight leaves at 12 so i should be there pretty early. hit me up on here or the cell i'll pm it to ya

send me your phone # via pm sir.

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2011, 06:22:11 AM »
4 MORE FUCKING DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :toot: :fap: :fap: :o :o :prinny: :prinny: :toot: ;) :teach:

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2011, 07:27:11 AM »

Yeah if you can PM me your number too that'd be great.

Looking to get there around 6-6:30 PM

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2011, 07:32:39 AM »
OMG it's so close I can taste it!!!!!!
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2011, 03:16:37 PM »
Ok got the rules for Friday Night Kool-Aid Fights 1:

1) 2$ entry fee, we got the ingredients. All you gotta do is show up. Winner take all.

2) 8-man cap (shit is gonna get messy if there's anymore). One and out. You fuck it up once, you're out.

3) There'll be 3 rounds:

Round 1 - Random Select (All flavors will be chosen by you at random.)
Round 2 - Double Suicide (Choose 2 flavors and mix it up.)
Grand Finals - Mystery (You know those gray packs? No? We don't either!)

4) Five minute limit to make your stuff. You are finished when you pour a cup.

5) The kool aid will be judged on 2 criteria: speed and taste. Points on a max of 5 for each so the best score to get is 10. Speed will be calculated by the nearest minute. <1 minute = 5; <2 minutes = 4; <3 minutes = 3 and so on.

6) You will be given a cup to make measurements and a spoon. Only utensils you're getting.

7) The only person to taste is judge. If you sip your kool aid before the round is over, you're DQ'd. This is the only way you can get DQ'd.

8) Do what you want with your kool aid after the round is over. Have fun!

Also, spread the word that Melty teams is Friday.
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2011, 07:30:44 PM »
So nice little Melty Teams side event you got going there, glad to see you got your priorities for this game  :mystery:
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2011, 08:45:24 PM »
Ok got the rules for Friday Night Kool-Aid Fights 1:

1) 2$ entry fee, we got the ingredients. All you gotta do is show up. Winner take all.

2) 8-man cap (shit is gonna get messy if there's anymore). One and out. You fuck it up once, you're out.

3) There'll be 3 rounds:

Round 1 - Random Select (All flavors will be chosen by you at random.)
Round 2 - Double Suicide (Choose 2 flavors and mix it up.)
Grand Finals - Mystery (You know those gray packs? No? We don't either!)

4) Five minute limit to make your stuff. You are finished when you pour a cup.

5) The kool aid will be judged on 2 criteria: speed and taste. Points on a max of 5 for each so the best score to get is 10. Speed will be calculated by the nearest minute. <1 minute = 5; <2 minutes = 4; <3 minutes = 3 and so on.

6) You will be given a cup to make measurements and a spoon. Only utensils you're getting.

7) The only person to taste is judge. If you sip your kool aid before the round is over, you're DQ'd. This is the only way you can get DQ'd.

8) Do what you want with your kool aid after the round is over. Have fun!

Also, spread the word that Melty teams is Friday.

I might have lost the black in me to be a judge for a kool-aid taste off but I'm kinda interested to see how this will turn out,  :D
-Anony on Sankaku