When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Linked Events

• [Atlanta, GA] FINAL ROUND XV: March 02, 2012 - March 04, 2012

Author Topic: FINAL ROUND XV March 2-4, 2012 "The 15th Anniversary" EVO2k12 PITSTOP  (Read 87606 times)

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • Respect your opponent's and respect the game!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.finalround.org
FINAL ROUND XV

MARCH 2-4, 2012

ATLANTA, GA.

Apart of the Evolution 2k12 Tournament series "Road to EVO" as an OFFICIAL PITSTOP tournament!

We are pleased to announce that The EVOLUTION TOURNAMENT SEASON 2012 are donating $10,000 towards the top spots at 4 Major events across the nation Called "THE PIT STOPS"! The following was taken from the front page of SRK:

Final Round just around the corner, the Road to Evo is in full swing. To make things a little more interesting, we’re introducing the Road to Evo Pitstops. At four special tournaments, we’re providing $2500 in cash incentives to the winners of the Super Street Fighter IV AE 2012, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, and Soul Calibur V tournaments!

Final Round, In Atlanta, GA, March 2-4 is the 1st PITSTOP on the Road to EVO!

The Evo-provided bonuses at Final Round are as follows:

$1000 bonus for 1st place in Super Street Fighter IV AE 2012

$1000 bonus for 1st place in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

$500 bonus for 1st place in Soul Calibur V

We’ll have further information about the pit stops as the Road to Evo progresses.

Check out the latest FRXV trailer:

[media=youtube]RzfzNHzIM3s[/media]

Don't miss out on this years event as we have more goodies to announce in the up coming weeks! FINAL ROUND XV is only 33 days away!

We are proud to announce that FINAL ROUND XV will be on March 2-4, 2012. The hype doesn't stop and we had to start extra early on planning for FR15. As of right now the

Major game roster for FRXV are as followed:

*** = Games apart of the Evolution Tournament Season

1. Super Street Fighter 4 AE v.2012***

2. Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom3***

3. Soul Calibur V***

4. Mortal Kombat9***

5. BlazBlue Continuum Shift 2

6. Melty Blood AACC (PC only)

7. TekkenTagTournamentHD

8. King Of Fighters 13***

9. Street Fighter III 3rd strike online edition

10. Tekken6

The systems used will be PS3 for the time being. This may change if I get sponsorship from another source. Other games will be added to the list, but those are the core games that will be played at FR15 up to this moment. We have A LOT IN STORE for people that plan to attend FR15 that we will be hinting towards throughout the year. Being the 15th anny of FR we have to do it BIG this year event and that is one reason we are changing venues for FR15.

As always we aim to bring you the best tournament you've ever competed in each and every year and FR15 will try to top this years event! We are upgrading the venue from this past year event and we hope everyone will enjoy our new venue. The "WESTIN" is the new home of FR15 and here's the location:

The "WESTIN" Atlanta Perimeter North

7 Concourse Parkway

Atlanta,Georgia

United States

With the 15th aniversary of Final Round we felt that we had to upgrade on the venue and we heard the complaints about having to pay for parking. This year there will be NO PARKING FEE'S!!!!! That goes for players that get a room at the hotel or for those that want to spectate. The Room rates will be $93.00 per night (Normally $165) if you reserve under the Final Round 15 group rate.

I CAN'T WAIT for this event to happen! If you think your serious about Fighting games and you always wanted to come to Final Round, but never had the chance to attend then don't MISS the 15th aniversary of FINAL ROUND!

Message to the STREAM MONSTER/STREAM CREEP:

This up coming year in March 2-4, 2012 FINAL ROUND XV will have 2 HIGH QUALITY Streams. It's confirmed "Team SPOOKY" at http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky will be the Main stream for the 15th Anniversary of FINAL ROUND! With the excellent job "Mr. Victor Fontanez" did with FR14 we had to invite him to Stream FR15. Team spooky will be streaming All of the top 8 events on sunday March 4th, 2012 and various games throughout the 3 day event.

Also we are hype to announce that a very talented streamer called "FunkyP" at http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp will be the 2nd stream during FINAL ROUND XV. They will also have various games during the 3 day event. A schedule for what games to be streamed will be made as the event gets closer for both streams. We at Final Round want people that aren't able to attend FINAL ROUND to sit back, relax, and watch both streams over a 3 day period. So get hype because there are more things instore to make this years event The best FINAL ROUND too date!

More info coming soon shawty........

As taken from the front page of SRK:

TeamSpooky and iPlayWinner to producer the first ever fighting game centered internet reality show. The show is called “Cross Assault” and it will follow the exploits of ten players as they try to win a prize of $25,000. Here is a description from the official press release.

Competing on Capcom’s next premier fighting game, Street Fighter X Tekken, the playing field is even. With strategic advice from the coaches, players must work together as a team and race to find the most effective strategies to win team challenges, or risk elimination.

And it’s completely LIVE. We will be live streaming practice sessions, team challenges, elimination matches, as well as player interviews and insight from special guests. You can watch as much as you want, and see the action unfold as it happens.

Cross Assault will be held in February with the finals being held at Final Round in Atlanta, GA, and you can enter! Just make a video telling Capcom why you would be a good contestant on Cross Assault and upload it to the internet. Then, submit the video link at the official Cross Assault application and rules page. You have to choose whether you are part of team Street Figther or team Tekken when you enter. Heck, for $25,000, I’ll be on any team you want me to be Capcom."

So make sure you check this series out on IPW/Spooky streams and be sure to watch the grand finals at FRXV on Saturday March 3, 2012. More exciting details for the 15th Anniversary of FINAL ROUND coming soon!

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

http://www.twitch.tv/iplaywinner

Early bird registration for the HYPEST Fighting Game tournament on planet earth is here

http://www.finalround.org/FRXV/index.cfm

There are more rooms available at the event hotel at the FINAL ROUND XV Group rate of $93 per night even though we have sold out of the original amount of rooms nights available for our group. Do not use the online service anymore as this seems to be the main problem with people booking rooms for FRXV. Please call the following number and reserve your rooms for FRXV:

Deanna Judkins : Sales Manager at The Westin
 770-395-3902

Please call between 9am-4pm est Monday--Friday to reserve your room.

If anyone has be told over the phone that the rooms for the Final Round group rate are sold out and was forced to reserve a room at another rate then please notify me and call Mrs. Judkins to get your reservation corrected. Thank you for your support and GET THE ROOMS until the FRXV group room rate is gone.

Don't miss out on the 15th anniversary of Fighting Game Community "SOUTHERN TRADITION" and longest running east coast tournament called FINAL ROUND! With only 5 months until the mayhem starts make sure you plan early to attend this years event! March will be here before you know it people. Get HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Teaser trailer is coming soon!

Also follow us on twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/ATLfinalround to get updates and giveaways for FR15.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 01:37:24 PM by ShinBlanka »
Final Round "A Tradition in The FGC"

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Re: FINAL ROUND XV March 2-4, 2012 "The 15th Aniversary"
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 05:04:20 PM »

P.s-- will the new melty be out by then?

We can only freaking hope and pray it will be Larry.

Good looking out for us throughout the years!
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 06:56:08 AM »

P.s-- will the new melty be out by then?

We can only freaking hope and pray it will be Larry.

Good looking out for us throughout the years!

NP yo :toot:

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 07:01:10 AM »
Yeah CC BETTER be available by some way by that time, I can no longer wait, hell I'm thinking about saving up to possibly buy a board.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 07:39:12 AM »
Yeah CC BETTER be available by some way by that time, I can no longer wait, hell I'm thinking about saving up to possibly buy a board.
Any word on the game release?  I want to set my tournament roster after EVO2k11 so I need to know asap.

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 08:15:09 AM »
Any word on the game release?  I want to set my tournament roster after EVO2k11 so I need to know asap.

Larry to be honest, I doubt it will unless French Bread & the higher ups finish with the many updates they're doing for CC & THEN decide to have a console release. I want to do what I can to support a console release before this time & get people to come out this upcoming year, I was expecting at least 40 players & around 60 max but that didn't happen & neither did teams but next year WILL be different.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 09:43:24 AM »
The last MBAACC update (1.07) is planned for October.A home release in 6 months after is possible but unless we get a word of the exact date from French Bread(they might tell us something about it in September)MBCC making it out for FR is unlikely at this moment.
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 12:22:43 PM »
The last MBAACC update (1.07) is planned for October.A home release in 6 months after is possible but unless we get a word of the exact date from French Bread(they might tell us something about it in September)MBCC making it out for FR is unlikely at this moment.

Yeah & hopefully this WILL be the last one, but I'll give FB credit for testing out their products in the arcades & not charging an arm & a leg for half assed updates *COUGH COUGH CAPCOM*, but something must be done.............
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 07:00:29 PM »
There's only 7 months until the 15TH anniversary of FINAL ROUND! Each year Final Round ask for volunteers/judges to help run brackets/pools and this year is no different.  If you would like to be apart of the East Coast Longest running tournament please click on the link below. 

http://www.finalround.org/FRXV/index.cfm

Thank you for your continued support and FR15 will be here before you know it people.  Start your plans to attend FINAL ROUND 15 TODAY!

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 07:31:40 PM »
Since the next version of MBAACC is confirmed for Dec. 31st would it be fair to say someone (Silent Shinobi / Jaxx) will be running a tournament for this game?
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 09:03:39 PM »
Since the next version of MBAACC is confirmed for Dec. 31st would it be fair to say someone (Silent Shinobi / Jaxx) will be running a tournament for this game?

For PC & if so then yeah & I'll definitely help since I'm from GA originally & been pushing for news like this to be heard but as I said before we should wait for more news to just confirm which version we'll be using.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:25:13 PM by dumba989 »
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 04:52:55 PM »
For those that know me or are interested in coming from East Coast, I'm about to get my badge in two weeks & reserve a hotel within two months, is there ANYONE in NY/Jersey/Philly, etc. that is actually SERIOUSLY going (100% CERTAIN you are coming via bus, plane, etc.) & possibly wants to room? I'm trying to get an idea now because I know my roommates this year were all cool with how we did things & don't want to leave the Melty community out just because I have real life friends I'm rooming with. Anyway PM me or just reply back on the thread.
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 06:17:07 PM »
I'm pretty sure I told you this on vent Brandino but somehow forgot to post it here. I am willing to make this shit happen. It is going down indefinitely.
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 06:27:24 AM »
Want to drive down Brandino?  I'll be back in America for this.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 06:29:12 AM by Komidol »
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 08:47:44 AM »
...Maybe
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 12:16:35 PM »
I'm pretty sure I told you this on vent Brandino but somehow forgot to post it here. I am willing to make this shit happen. It is going down indefinitely.

Well since MBAACC PC will be out by then there's no reason NOT to have a tournament for it.

I don't want to drive, but I will consider it.

Since Komidol, Kamina, and Myself was talking about CL going to Hydra JP Championship in Japan I have the idea of pitching in money for him to come down to Atlanta for this Final Round.

Final Round and crew always bring out international players and if you've been to the previous Final Rounds you would also know that Korean players Knee and Nin show up for Tekken. There's no reason why we can't do the same for him. I also know he always wanted to go to a Final Round for the past couple of years. If we can help him get here and show him how we get hype for Melty in "The A" then this can easily be the hypest tournament since NEC X. I'll pitch the idea to him whenever I get a hold of him on MSN.

Komidol and I agreed that we'll split the room and I help cover his fee. Let's really make this FR one everyone will remember.
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 12:24:40 PM »
Omg America woke up 

Also confirming what Brandino said, if I pay for the room than it'll force me to go.  So I'm cool with this IF we're dragging CL out. :toot:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 12:27:58 PM by Komidol »
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline ShardZ

• Wheelchair Pimp
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 11
  • Even MI gets 2A'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 05:33:36 PM »
FR Melty gonna be beyond sick.

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 08:45:49 PM »

Well since MBAACC PC will be out by then there's no reason NOT to have a tournament for it.

I don't want to drive, but I will consider it.

Since Komidol, Kamina, and Myself was talking about CL going to Hydra JP Championship in Japan I have the idea of pitching in money for him to come down to Atlanta for this Final Round.

Final Round and crew always bring out international players and if you've been to the previous Final Rounds you would also know that Korean players Knee and Nin show up for Tekken. There's no reason why we can't do the same for him. I also know he always wanted to go to a Final Round for the past couple of years. If we can help him get here and show him how we get hype for Melty in "The A" then this can easily be the hypest tournament since NEC X. I'll pitch the idea to him whenever I get a hold of him on MSN.

Komidol and I agreed that we'll split the room and I help cover his fee. Let's really make this FR one everyone will remember.

Yo Nin & Knee got ATL TOO crunk last year but I'll definitely be there seeing as I will definitely be getting my room before the end of the year which forces me to come back home as well.
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 09:42:20 PM »
I'll be helping to pay for CL's ticket as well, also I'll help out with his hotel room too
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 09:56:49 PM »
 CL says:
 I think that I must go this tournament
 So, I working hard and make holiday

Yo guys he's going in!

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2011, 02:48:11 AM »
If we're paying to get CL out everyone goes.  Atleast half of EVO's numbers.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2011, 05:57:47 AM »
^ If only :|

Nah, if people get enough hype for the FIRST CC major of america ever, then we can do it
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2011, 10:14:52 AM »
I got a job this semester soo... Saving up for FR!  ;D

If CL's going, I don't think there's any way I'll miss this
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2011, 02:39:52 PM »
Canada should come down for this and Brazil better start applying for their passports.

Let's make this a real international tournament.  If we get enough people to go we can draw out a couple JP players, no doubt.