hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Linked Events

• [Atlanta, GA] FINAL ROUND XV: March 02, 2012 - March 04, 2012

Author Topic: FINAL ROUND XV March 2-4, 2012 "The 15th Anniversary" EVO2k12 PITSTOP  (Read 87470 times)

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
Re: FINAL ROUND XV March 2-4, 2012 "The 15th Anniversary" EVO2k12 PITSTOP
« Reply #176 on: February 03, 2012, 02:57:23 PM »
Okay, I can confirm now, I will be attending Final Round =D , looking forward to meet the MB community from USA.

I'll be looking forward to meeting you as well.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • Respect your opponent's and respect the game!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.finalround.org
« Reply #177 on: February 04, 2012, 02:13:37 PM »
YOU ONLY HAVE 15 DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER ONLINE FOR FINAL ROUND XV!

IF YOU DON'T REGISTER ONLINE, YOU MUST REGISTER AT THE EVENT ON FRIDAY MORNING, MARCH 2!

IF YOU DON'T REGISTER ONLINE OR AT THE EVENT ON FRIDAY MORNING, MARCH 2, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPETE!

WE ARE NOT KIDDING!

Final Round "A Tradition in The FGC"

Offline miller483

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 07, 2012, 03:22:31 AM »
Registered for Marvel and Melty and also booked the room.  This is gonna be awesome.  Also 1st Melty major  :)

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 07, 2012, 03:51:57 AM »
Quote from: ShinBlanka, post: 6465947, member: 935

YOU ONLY HAVE 12 DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER ONLINE FOR FINAL ROUND XV!

IF YOU DON'T REGISTER ONLINE, YOU MUST REGISTER AT THE EVENT ON FRIDAY MORNING, MARCH 2!

IF YOU DON'T REGISTER ONLINE OR AT THE EVENT ON FRIDAY MORNING, MARCH 2, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPETE!

WE ARE NOT KIDDING!

If you Online register this will help the tournament START ON TIME!!!!!!! We can also get the brackets/pool assignments out quicker if the majority of the players register online. The main 2 things that delay any tournament are:

1: at the door registration

2: team tournament running late.

lets eliminate the big lines at the door for registration please people.

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 07, 2012, 04:51:05 AM »
With FINALROUNDBATS season #2 completed we would like to congrat the winners of season#2 in the following games:

FRbats season #2 CHAMPION of Tekken6 is "AO" as he is the #1 ranked TTT2 player and T6 player in Japan!

FRbats season #2 CHAMPION of UMVC3 is "Ageo Joe" (aka Kusoru) as he is one of the Best Marvel players in the japanese umvc3 community and he is looking to show his skills at FRXV!

FRbats season #2 CHAMPION of SSFIV AE v.2012 is "Abelity" with his Abel is coming to scoop the competition at FRXV! Don't sleep on him or you will get SCOOPED!

Also "Frieda" is coming to FRXV to represent in his favorite game UMvC3. He is one of the best Marvel players in the japanese UMvC3 community and he is also coming to show his talents at FRXV.

Last year 1 man named Tokido came to FRXIV and took top 2 through top 8 in almost every game he entered. With a 1 man invasion japan did very well last year at FRXIV, but now there is a team coming! There's more news coming soon on more international guest attending FRXV in the up coming days so get hype because this years event will truly be worthy of being the 15th Anniversary of FINAL ROUND!

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #181 on: February 07, 2012, 07:06:59 AM »
With FINALROUNDBATS season #2 completed we would like to congrat the winners of season#2 in the following games:

FRbats season #2 CHAMPION of Tekken6 is "AO" as he is the #1 ranked TTT2 player and T6 player in Japan!

FRbats season #2 CHAMPION of UMVC3 is "Ageo Joe" (aka Kusoru) as he is one of the Best Marvel players in the japanese umvc3 community and he is looking to show his skills at FRXV!

FRbats season #2 CHAMPION of SSFIV AE v.2012 is "Abelity" with his Abel is coming to scoop the competition at FRXV! Don't sleep on him or you will get SCOOPED!

Also "Frieda" is coming to FRXV to represent in his favorite game UMvC3. He is one of the best Marvel players in the japanese UMvC3 community and he is also coming to show his talents at FRXV.

Last year 1 man named Tokido came to FRXIV and took top 2 through top 8 in almost every game he entered. With a 1 man invasion japan did very well last year at FRXIV, but now there is a team coming! There's more news coming soon on more international guest attending FRXV in the up coming days so get hype because this years event will truly be worthy of being the 15th Anniversary of FINAL ROUND!

The community will be having their own foreign players as well so stay tuned Larry, I'll let you know once I hear more details.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 07, 2012, 09:08:37 AM »
Gonna send you a PM Larry. Look out for it.
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 09, 2012, 08:54:39 PM »
YOU ONLY HAVE 10 DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER ONLINE FOR FINAL ROUND XV!

WE ARE NOT KIDDING!

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 09, 2012, 08:56:09 PM »

The community will be having their own foreign players as well so stay tuned Larry, I'll let you know once I hear more details.
damn this is last minute news?!?!?!  I could have put this on the trailer!  I NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS PEOPLE!

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 09, 2012, 09:36:18 PM »
Yeah this is pretty last minute news, :3 Theres going to be an official announcement soon!
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 09, 2012, 10:17:42 PM »
yeah, but shinoboi wants to keept his seaclets.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #187 on: February 10, 2012, 12:31:53 AM »
If and when there is something to be told, we will tell you guys.  A significant amount of effort is being put in by a small group of us internationally affiliated, and until there is confirmation of a player coming, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, or otherwise, the rest is just rumors (sorry to say).     

Larry, I'm working very closely with Ben on this, so when there is something to know you will be informed as soon as possible.  Don't worry about that. 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 12:36:56 AM by Komidol »
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 10, 2012, 12:57:09 AM »
All these international people and I can't make it ftl
what the fuck is this game

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 10, 2012, 01:27:53 AM »
Black Magic is currently being wielded. If you have love you can already see it.

The forbidden language has been spoken.   

What will you do?

What can you do?

Anything?

I am here to help.

But only so much can be done.

The powers of the east are drawn by your challenge. 

Conserve your mana and resources. 

The ritual is almost complete. 

I will unlock the power years old, but the final summoning can only been done through everyone's power. 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 01:36:24 AM by Komidol »
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline woof

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • efz kof2k ah - the trinity of woof fgs
    • View Profile
    • MISCHIEF WORKSHOP
« Reply #190 on: February 10, 2012, 01:41:02 AM »
are u darkgeese

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
The Summoning is Complete (Japanese Players @ Final Round)
« Reply #191 on: February 10, 2012, 05:12:40 AM »
The Summoning is Complete.

MBAACC FRXV: AMERICA v JAPAN

:prinny: Japanese players Garu (H-Kohaku/H-Tohno/H-Arc) and Chelsea (C-Arc) will be attending Final Round XV.  Their plane arrives on the 2nd of March, at 3PM.  Garu has won several Japanese tournaments, most famous for his performance in MBAA and Aqua Pazza.  You may also remember him as the EVO2010 champion of MBAA PS2. :prinny:

In accordance with what Larry (ShinBlanka) said, you will need to pre-register online in order to participate at the venue for any tournament (short of an early Friday morning at-door registration). 

Tournament entries are 10$ each in addition to your online venue of 35$. 

Friday night, March 2nd, will be MBAACC Teams.  This tournament begins at 7PM.  Obviously you should expect to arrive in Atlanta by 3pm if you want to participate and you're coming via plane.   

MBAACC Singles will begin at 11AM on Saturday, the morning of March 3rd. 

MBAACC Top 8 will take place on Sunday, March 4th, at 9AM.  After other game's Top 8 finish we will probably run a large Red vs White, perhaps a 50v50, dodge-ball style.   

Please plan accordingly. 

Hare, KoreanCL, and GO1 have respectfully declined the attendance partially due to work, despite wanting to attend.  There are also many other players who considered it, unfortunately they couldn't justify taking off work, spending the money, and going the distance for the event.  Needless to say, these players who expressed interest in going to America for this event will look to FRXV as a symbol to judge if it's worth going in the future. 

Japan is looking with wide eyes at this event, and if we want them to come in the future (to NEC or otherwise), I would strongly hope we can produce a registrant list exceeding 128 participants.  A registrant list falling short of 96 participants would be atrocious for the public image of the community.  If you really love this game, you need to attend Final Round for it's future.  For those of you short on money, I extend my regrets - however, tax season is this month and if you file now you may get the few hundred dollars you need to get out here and play, especially if you're in a lower tax bracket.  If you're under the age of 24 and in college, and file as a dependent, your parents will get a large stipend.  Larry did his best to schedule this event during many school's spring breaks for the younger community.  This community is very helpful and you can carpool, or network with hotels in this thread.  Just know that you have only just over a week to pre-register for Final Round unless you plan on paying Friday morning, and just under a month to make all your preparations.  Everyone who financially and physically can go to this event, goes.  There shouldn't be any question here.

I would like to thank everyone who is making this a possibility both for the event and internationally.  SilentShinobi will also be organizing the tournament on the ground as he always has for Final Round to make sure it is run smoothly, and we trust him to do so per his great handling of organizing the Team Tournament at EVO2010, and Pool 3 of Singles that year (with our founder Arlieth).  He has purchased a large monitor to display matches and the brackets every so often so everyone knows where they need to be during the event.  Brandino has done a good job promoting this event with DonJon.  Kamina did excellent work with the videos.  Zar has done good work with posting Melty Blood media in both Japanese and English.  KoreanCL helped us in social networks we could not access and promoted enthusiasm for the event and kept us informed.  LK and TeamSt1ckbug have come to Japan and promoted the game more times than I can count.  Many thanks to Rayza and MD/VA for offering to make sure this event is recorded, and streamed properly.  Even further, more than one Japanese speaker, regardless of level of Japanese, gave us presence within the Japanese community (Dakanya, Curbeh, Yuji, and Kamina just to name a few).  And one last thanks to everyone who posted and helped in the international threads and voiced their opinions, or even gave out a simple tweet out on twitter. 

This is the first major for MBAACC, make it hype.  We want to build a strong foundation for this game's lifespan.  A failure here would be detrimental to the development of the game in America.  We have to be louder than a few thousand capcom players.  I think everyone of our members can outnumber ten of theirs, so - let's create the first 256-man Melty Bracket ever and show, Ecole, EVO Staff, TeamSp00ky, and whoever else that this is a major game in America.  That means that every single person who netplayed for MBAC, Tsukihime, or wherever they come from needs a reason to goto this event.  Make videos.  Post everyday on Twitter.  Talk to your local fighting game scenes.  Make physical advertisements and flyers at your locals.  A lot of new faces to tournament organization stepped up and strained their resources to get this far. 

This tournament now has everything that a major needs to be successful, run well, and be fun.  It has huge monitors for information, competent staff, a dedicated space, completely stable streaming and recording, and is getting an official supported live-stream slot on Sunday morning.  But this is just a gateway.  It starts with everyone who has ever supported this game buying their plane ticket, registering, and only gets underway when every single one of those people guarantees one person who didn't go to EVO goes to their event - and good or bad - every melty community around the globe, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, European, Brazilian, American, or otherwise is going to see the results. 

tl;dr Don't fuck this up and be there.

Oh, and let's not lose this Evo2010 runback, either. 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 11:51:55 AM by Komidol »

Offline WYVERN LORD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 59
  • dakishimetainoni
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 10, 2012, 07:11:25 AM »
unlimited hype works, got my days off for this shit

peeps better break out their genki II's
a maiden's pure heart is a budding flower

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
« Reply #193 on: February 10, 2012, 07:47:25 AM »
Don't get bodied again guys.
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #194 on: February 10, 2012, 08:15:14 AM »
EVO 2010 runback?

PSSSSHHHAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW!
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #195 on: February 10, 2012, 09:02:51 AM »
Good luck to everyone going then~
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 10, 2012, 09:55:41 AM »
Just a general appeal to anyone who's on the fence or think it's too late to go: 

This tournament is going to be beyond what EVO2K10 had to offer.  We have everything that tournament had and  :toot:MORE :toot:!! Just because this tournament is not named "Evolution", doesn't mean it's not worth pulling every single thread to get yourself over there, because this has the potential to be way more than Evo2k10 ever was.   People were talking about "well forget Evo let's have our own major for anime games", and recently we got shafted for stream time at NECXII, right?  Well, this is it! 

This is the last chance to begin a process of making Melty Blood a major game in America.  Because of the HydraGP report we now have even Ecole looking at us. 

This will not just be another tournament. This will be the ground work for showing other anime-game communities what it takes to have your game heard. 

We're going to be able to save every match, we're going to get more respect and the space we want, and we have all the best competition coming. 

I'm going to push, if this tournament is not substantial, we will lose all clout with the International community, and no player will likely come here ever again for this game.  How could you even ask them to?  Do not make the mistake BlazBlue did. (Aksys puts in a few hundred dollar pot and only 38 people show up.)  This is your big chance to make Melty a big show in America. 

We did it at Evo, but followed up poorly.  Part of that was the conditions the game was under at the time, which no longer exist.  At EVO we said "this is going to be the big climax of melty" and when thousands of people saw those matches and got interested, the game fell silent for months.  Now we have the right conditions - this is a new release, a new game, and the one chance to make one beautiful golden step to pushing melty up as  a major game in the tournament community. 

The point I'm trying to make is those people who didn't plan on going to FR, you have just under a full month to get things going now.  If not for the Japanese players, if not for the fact it's a major, if not for the fact all of the best competition will be present, than because you will have a ton of a fun and this will be the first MBAACC major in history.  You will not get this chance again.  For MBAA PS2, we had numbers of around 30-35 at BBG.  Now the community is bigger, we have Japanese players travelling 6200 miles to play, a huge pot, the space and attention we need to make it big - and we're going to produce the same numbers?  Let's see 5x the amount, atleast. 

And that starts with the big community members getting in that shit before they can tell other players why "this will be the best tournament ever and you should go."  Which is what we ALL need to be doing right now.  HYPE MAX!  No arguments, no defensive "Well I'm a student/poorfag/whatever" arguments here, that will only lay a pavement for mediocrity of the event.  Even if you can't go in the end - make sure you do every last seething bit humanely possible to make sure people know about this event and it's attraction. 

This is worth flying from Canada for; this is worth flying from California for; this is worth the 10+ hour drive from Philly or Houston or wherever.  In the end if you can't go yourself, convincing 2-3 other people to go will do the community a whole bunch of good too!!  :toot: :toot:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 10:47:33 AM by Komidol »

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 10, 2012, 10:02:21 AM »
I'm sorry to sound critical, you guys are my bros, but really we can't have this "Well have fun whoever is going"-attitude. 
Sorry It would cost me roughly $500 to get down to Atlanta to go to Final Round, and that I need that money to go to school in the summer. Sorry for putting my education in front of Melty Blood.
It takes an idiot to do cool things.
That's why it's cool.

Offline Kamina

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • I'm awake! I'm wide awake!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 10, 2012, 10:17:54 AM »
Activate those hype circuits and roll out!
Its
ALL OR NOTHING!!

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 10, 2012, 11:00:19 AM »
Sorry It would cost me roughly $500 to get down to Atlanta to go to Final Round, and that I need that money to go to school in the summer. Sorry for putting my education in front of Melty Blood.

There's nothing to be sorry about when it comes to not being a dumb person in this day and age. Get your education man.