When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Linked Events

• [Atlanta, GA] FINAL ROUND XV: March 02, 2012 - March 04, 2012

Author Topic: FINAL ROUND XV March 2-4, 2012 "The 15th Anniversary" EVO2k12 PITSTOP  (Read 87585 times)

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
Re: FINAL ROUND XV March 2-4, 2012 "The 15th Anniversary" EVO2k12 PITSTOP
« Reply #250 on: February 15, 2012, 04:09:33 AM »
what size teams are we running

3v3, 7PM, Friday Night.
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #251 on: February 15, 2012, 05:27:01 AM »
AFAIK Teams are 3v3.

Who are all getting to the venue on Thursday? My plane touches down at 5:48PM so I should be at the venue around 7:00 - 7:45PM

I'll be here if we're done setting up for the weekend, I'll try & get in some casuals.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • Respect your opponent's and respect the game!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.finalround.org
« Reply #252 on: February 15, 2012, 05:50:50 AM »
The FINAL ROUND GROUP RATE of $93 per night ends tomorrow! At this moment they are out of double bed rooms. They only have king size bed rooms available now. Deanna Judkins : Sales Manager at The Westin

770-395-3902Please call between 9am-4pm est Monday--Friday to reserve your room.

If anyone has be told over the phone that the rooms for the Final Round group rate are sold out and was forced to reserve a room at another rate then please notify me and call Mrs. Judkins to get your reservation corrected. Thank you for your support

YOU ONLY HAVE 4 DAYS LEFT TO REGISTER ONLINE FOR FINAL ROUND XV! To register online please goto http://www.finalround.org/FRXV/registration.cfm

IF YOU DON'T REGISTER ONLINE, YOU MUST REGISTER AT THE EVENT ON FRIDAY MORNING, MARCH 2!

IF YOU DON'T REGISTER ONLINE OR AT THE EVENT ON FRIDAY MORNING, MARCH 2, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPETE!

There's only 15 days  until THE HYPE COMETH!!!

!!!
Final Round "A Tradition in The FGC"

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 15, 2012, 06:00:22 AM »
All i'm going to say is then online registration for this event is looking small.  :-\ :psyduck: :mystery:  I guess it was too late to get people to come to FRXV.  Maybe if the japanese attend another year you guys can properly plan, but as of right now we would only need 2 maybe 3 set up's to complete the singles melty tournament in 2 hours.  There's only 25 people sign up for melty at FRXV as of last night at 1:25am est.  I don't know whatelse to say.  There are some people IN YOUR SCENE that put a lot of effort getting these top players to FRXV. 

I hope people understand that this will be the reflection of the USA melty community around the world!  I will stil have melty at FR, but i'm feeling bad for those that put all of this effort into getting these players to FRXV.  It still will be a great event without huge #'s, but I thought this was suppose to be a community out cry to be seen and heard throughout the FGC.  I hope everyone that can attend FRXV will attend but I know times are rough!  Either way make sure you guys make it to WINTER BRAWL6 this weekend and support the events that have support your scene for years!  You guys support us so we support you guys!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 06:05:22 AM by ShinBlanka »

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 15, 2012, 06:20:12 AM »
Thanks for the heads up larry, come on guys! We can't let this flop!
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #255 on: February 15, 2012, 07:39:09 AM »
Everyone knows that people are going to register at the door despite online registration being available to them & I'm going to sign up at the door because on the website my username is still "dumba989" & that is no longer my tag, however IF my tag can be changed to what I want it to be then I will register online & that's how it always works, if you give people the option to pay at the door, they they will because to them there is no incentive for paying for your games online even though this gives Organizers a hell of an easier time.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 15, 2012, 08:05:28 AM »
Everyone knows that people are going to register at the door despite online registration being available to them & I'm going to sign up at the door because on the website my username is still "dumba989" & that is no longer my tag, however IF my tag can be changed to what I want it to be then I will register online & that's how it always works, if you give people the option to pay at the door, they they will because to them there is no incentive for paying for your games online even though this gives Organizers a hell of an easier time.

you realize you pay more at the door right?

also make a new account if you care so much lol
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 15, 2012, 08:33:14 AM »
I don't want anyone to get upset over the pre-registration number right now.  We can yell at each other after - what we have to do now is really at-least double that number just to make the tournament as fun as we would expect a major to be and enjoy ourselves. 

Of all my "Worst Case Scenario" predictions, I never imagined with the amount of planning and hype going into this major for the last 3-5 months that the numbers would be below last years attendance when the game was slow and dieing. 

Full effort now guys.  We really need to break 50 here.  Let's at least make this fun for Garu and Chelsea.  I think they can appreciate something smaller like this, just not...:that small:

I really wanna see our best and most friendly players out for the event.  Most Mikado locals draw 35 people.  Just...come on guys.   :'(
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:09:09 AM by Komidol »
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline Tigre

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 15, 2012, 08:38:35 AM »
Registration for the game is going to be more at the door? (I'm genuinely curious about this) Or is Venue fee going to be more at the door
It takes an idiot to do cool things.
That's why it's cool.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 15, 2012, 08:40:31 AM »
Registration is 10$ either way.  That goes to the game's pot.  Venue is 40$ at the door, 35$ for pre-registration. 

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #260 on: February 15, 2012, 08:58:56 AM »
Registration is 10$ either way.  That goes to the game's pot.  Venue is 40$ at the door, 35$ for pre-registration.

What he said & I decided since I have the $ right now to register for all of my games, my badge has been paid for since October, which was the $25 deal :nyoro:
Anyway everyone who has some type of account needs to register for the game(s) AS SOON AS POSSIBLE before Saturday, even if that means using your friends' debit card & giving them the cash in person, numbers add up quickly & we NEED to see more of those.
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 15, 2012, 09:16:17 AM »
ah yeah i was talking about venue

Offline Legendary Blue Shirt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 170
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
« Reply #262 on: February 15, 2012, 10:31:10 AM »
Sucks that I don't get my first paycheck ever until March 8th.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #263 on: February 15, 2012, 11:12:41 AM »
I'm expecting 50 of you niggas to sign up the day of.
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 15, 2012, 01:36:10 PM »

also make a new account if you care so much lol
Yeah, I've done this last year or the year before. My new account was deleted for being a duplicate account. The Tag/Nickname info on the registration page should be made editable, and not automatically be set to the username for the account.
Regardless of that, I registered like back in October. I've never had a problem with just asking the TOs to change it when they get the bracket.

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 15, 2012, 03:12:36 PM »
Good to hear people spirits are up!   :teach: ;D  The hotel group rate will end tomorrow.  Registration online for games ends in 4 days 4 hours.

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 15, 2012, 07:27:48 PM »
have fun at WINTER BRAWL 6 SHAWTY!

Offline Bill307

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 15, 2012, 09:46:03 PM »
3 of us just booked plane tickets to Final Round.  (Haven't registered on the site yet:  Paypal button wasn't working right.  Gonna try again tomorrow from different computers.)  That'll be +3 for Melty singles and +1 for Melty 3v3 teams. :)

LaN5X - Canada
MadScientist - Canada
Bill307 - Canada
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:52:44 PM by Bill307 »

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 15, 2012, 10:23:57 PM »
3 of us just booked plane tickets to Final Round.  (Haven't registered on the site yet:  Paypal button wasn't working right.  Gonna try again tomorrow from different computers.)  That'll be +3 for Melty singles and +1 for Melty 3v3 teams. :)

LaN5X - Canada
MadScientist - Canada
Bill307 - Canada

You three better be ready to EXPAND THE HOUSE
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 16, 2012, 02:33:12 AM »

LaN5X - Canada
MadScientist - Canada
Bill307 - Canada
You have to goto the register page sir and fill out all of the info needed.  Thanks for attending FRXV!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:35:13 AM by ShinBlanka »

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: February 16, 2012, 04:28:02 AM »
コミドール:  アメリカメルブラ勢に言いたい事がある?
有賀陽一郎:  出場=優勝
で!

Komidol: Is there anything you have to tell the American Melty?

Garu: Tournament Participation = Overall Victory*.
Come out!

*This is the same word the Japanese use for people who become tournament champions, or shout before any sort of difficult battle (including during War time). 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 04:44:01 AM by Komidol »

Offline Coren

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 64
  • Swag
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 16, 2012, 07:26:38 AM »
I've booked my room and flight.

I've been trying to pre-purchase my badge and melty but the paypal buttons aren't working right for me; I think it's a canada thing or some shit.

See you guys there, I hope I don't have to wait in line to get my badge after a 10 hour trip.
Combos so bright I gotta wear shades.

Offline nadakaineko

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • What Is She Chewing
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 16, 2012, 07:28:34 AM »
I had pre-registered for the event but I didn't know you could individually register for games -- I registered for Melty yesterday!

See you guys there! :3
www.youtube.com/nadakaineko | www.twitter.com/nadakaineko | http://tri4.net/nadakaineko/waifu/

[00:22] <Greats> i am always reminded of the first time my mom saw me playing ah1 w/no pants on

Offline GenericSuperhero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 16, 2012, 02:42:30 PM »
ten no heika, BANZAAAAAI!!!!!!
?
<Dipstick> bell would have a significant advantage in length and size
<Dipstick> but Sp00ky has a lot more experience

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 16, 2012, 02:50:13 PM »
someone pm me address of the hotel and how to ship a package there im sending melty people a surprise
what the fuck is this game