When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Linked Events

• [Atlanta, GA] FINAL ROUND XV: March 02, 2012 - March 04, 2012

Author Topic: FINAL ROUND XV March 2-4, 2012 "The 15th Anniversary" EVO2k12 PITSTOP  (Read 87549 times)

Offline Sen

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Re: FINAL ROUND XV March 2-4, 2012 "The 15th Anniversary" EVO2k12 PITSTOP
« Reply #275 on: February 16, 2012, 06:51:37 PM »
Question: Is there any etiquette surrounding the level of play expected in an event like this?

Having played MBAA for less than three months, and really fighting games in general for probably less than six total, would it even be worth registering for the tournament? I am interested in attending, but it would be my first proper event and I have no idea about these things. Is having cannon fodder for the first rounds a good thing, or is quality valued enough over quantity that someone like myself should not waste the time needed for the matches? :psyduck:

Offline nadakaineko

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • What Is She Chewing
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 16, 2012, 06:55:24 PM »
Question: Is there any etiquette surrounding the level of play expected in an event like this?

Having played MBAA for less than three months, and really fighting games in general for probably less than six total, would it even be worth registering for the tournament? I am interested in attending, but it would be my first proper event and I have no idea about these things. Is having cannon fodder for the first rounds a good thing, or is quality valued enough over quantity that someone like myself should not waste the time needed for the matches? :psyduck:

I think you should come out. It's never a waste to have someone come out to an event if they genuinely want to play.

Regardless of your skill level or anything else, these events are fun and you can see a good deal of high level play if you come out. You can also talk and play with other more seasoned players and get tips and other stuff.

If you're in town and you have the funds to come out, you definitely should in my opinion!
www.youtube.com/nadakaineko | www.twitter.com/nadakaineko | http://tri4.net/nadakaineko/waifu/

[00:22] <Greats> i am always reminded of the first time my mom saw me playing ah1 w/no pants on

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #277 on: February 16, 2012, 07:28:53 PM »

The best way of getting better is by coming to the events and playing everyone.

If it's possible for you to show, DO IT!
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • Respect your opponent's and respect the game!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.finalround.org
« Reply #278 on: February 16, 2012, 08:58:36 PM »
The Final Round group rate of $93 per night has ended and we would like to thank everyone that got a hotel room at the event venue. DO NOT EMAIL ASKING ME TO EXTEND THE DATES BECUASE I CAN'T! You snoze you lose, but I think there are a still rooms left in the hotel if you don't have a room yet. There's only 2 day 23 hours and 25 minutes until online register is closed! goto:
 http://www.finalround.org/FRXV/registration.cfm
 to register for your badge and games.
 There's only 14 days 9 hours, 24 minutes until FRXV!

ALSO BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!

THERE HAS BEEN A DONATION OF $500 by a Melty Blood supporter for a prize bonus at FRXV!  More reason to attend FRXV in dat Melty shawty!  Thanks to our melty supporter! :toot:  There are a lot of people trying to make Melty a great event for the players that can attend.  It's up to you guys to show up!

The Pimp Cups has been ordered and are on the way to my crib!
Final Round "A Tradition in The FGC"

Offline Bill307

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 16, 2012, 10:34:33 PM »

Every person who enters a tournament contributes to the game's community.  Even if a tourney is free-entry, having more players is always better.  A game starts to die when the only people who enter at tournaments are good players.

In addition, tournament matches are always a great experience, and I encourage you to play as many as you can.  The fact that there's something on the line makes them completely different from casual matches.  When you lose, you experience the fighting style of a better player, and you can learn a lot from it that you'd never have learned on your own.  And you remember it a lot better because there was something on the line.  When you win, the feeling is fantastic.

One more thing:  make sure you play as many casuals as possible, too!  Doesn't matter how much experience you have, or how good the other players are:  go up to a casual station and ask if you can play next.  First time I went to the US for a tournament, I didn't play any casuals 'cause I thought I was too scrubby and would waste the other players' time.  I really regretted that afterwards, so don't make the same mistake I did!

Offline GenericSuperhero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 16, 2012, 10:49:27 PM »
pot bonus hyypee
<Dipstick> bell would have a significant advantage in length and size
<Dipstick> but Sp00ky has a lot more experience

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #283 on: February 17, 2012, 06:44:09 AM »
Garu has just informed me Chelsea ran into a significant amount of financial trouble recently, and had to cancel his plans. 

:prinny:  However, a different competitor will be joining him on his flight over in Chelsea's place.  :prinny:
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline nadakaineko

• Spellcaster
  • What Is She Chewing
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 17, 2012, 06:52:46 AM »
Garu has just informed me Chelsea ran into a significant amount of financial trouble recently, and had to cancel his plans. 

:prinny:  However, a different competitor will be joining him on his flight over in Chelsea's place.  :prinny:

Hope it's Hare!
www.youtube.com/nadakaineko | www.twitter.com/nadakaineko | http://tri4.net/nadakaineko/waifu/

[00:22] <Greats> i am always reminded of the first time my mom saw me playing ah1 w/no pants on

Offline GenericSuperhero

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 17, 2012, 08:36:35 AM »
some random.  normally you can't transfer flight tickets to someone else

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #286 on: February 17, 2012, 09:43:38 AM »
MERRRUUTTYYY BROODDOOO HHYYPPPUUUU!!!!
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 17, 2012, 09:47:03 AM »
I can assure you this person is a Yokohama Freedom regular! (The arcade where Garu, Taka, Fujinami, Kanna, Chelsea, Hagi and many other's play)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 09:50:18 AM by Komidol »
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline Ceehill

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 17, 2012, 02:10:37 PM »
Really glad to see everyone in high spirits despite a few set-backs.  We should see a lot more hype for this after Winter Brawl, both from the shift in focus to FRXV and (hopefully) from a few new converts who'll get to see the game and the community in action this weekend.

I'll be in town Thursday night if anybody wants to get some matches in.  I'd also like to enter teams on Friday, so if anybody else is down to team up let me know.

Offline GenericSuperhero

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 17, 2012, 02:51:29 PM »
yeah but for instance chibi is a regular to NEC and he's still free.  seriously, if two kohaku's come from japan i'm gonna be >:|

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #290 on: February 17, 2012, 02:55:12 PM »
yeah but for instance chibi is a regular to NEC and he's still free.  seriously, if two kohaku's come from japan i'm gonna be >:|

I am not free.

>:F
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 18, 2012, 04:12:27 PM »
Aww no Chelsea :( but at least we still have another guy.

I was getting hella hype for Chelsea... I wonder who we're getting
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 18, 2012, 09:08:25 PM »
YOU ONLY HAVE 23HOURS LEFT TO REGISTER ONLINE FOR FINAL ROUND XV! To register online please goto http://www.finalround.org/FRXV/registration.cfm
IF YOU DON'T REGISTER ONLINE, YOU MUST REGISTER AT THE EVENT ON FRIDAY MORNING, MARCH 2!
IF YOU DON'T REGISTER ONLINE OR AT THE EVENT ON FRIDAY MORNING, MARCH 2, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPETE!
There's only 12 days 9 HOURS until THE HYPE COMETH!!!
!!!

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 19, 2012, 06:29:48 AM »
Alright, it turns out Chelsea will actually be the one attending.

There was a lot of last minute problems on JP side but this is how it worked out.  Garu just made all his final confirms a few hours ago. 

I assure you I had nothing to do with this, sorry about that  :bricks:

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 19, 2012, 02:36:33 PM »
Hey ShinBlanka, how much of a pain would parking at the hotel be? It's Atlanta and all so I shouldn't be getting my hopes up...but it's also a hotel :V Just wondering if it should be able to accommodate the influx of people or not.
It should be fine as parking is free at this hotel.

Offline WYVERN LORD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 59
  • dakishimetainoni
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 19, 2012, 03:34:07 PM »
It should be fine as parking is free at this hotel.
I just came
a maiden's pure heart is a budding flower

Offline Red Leather Jacket

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • The Sexy Bishonen Prince
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 19, 2012, 03:41:30 PM »
After my great experience at Winter Brawl yesterday I really wish I could make it out to Final Round but my po' ass ain't gonna afford a plane ticket, that's for sure.  :emo:
I'm a scrub but follow me anyway at:

twitter.com/OchiChernye

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #297 on: February 19, 2012, 07:24:14 PM »
Don't know if this has been brought up but whenever the winner of a match wins, only the loser should have the choice to hit confirm or character select because people get caught up mashing confirm (winners too) and the loser may have wanted to change character or take some time to think about the match, just my two cents & something I've noticed so far.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline ShinBlanka

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 19, 2012, 09:00:00 PM »
We are extending the online registration for FINAL ROUND XV until Feb 24, 2012.  Please goto the link below to register online:

http://www.finalround.org/FRXV/registration.cfm

This will help us set the brackets earlier and properly seed players that are attending from around the world!  If you do not register online you will not be seeded in any form or fashion!  That means you won't be seeded away from players from your TEAM MEMBERS, CITY, or STATE.   Nor will you be seeded on skill level through your wins in the tournament scene. 

Please help US at FINAL ROUND make this event run the smoothest it has ever ran before by registering online for your badge/games.  If not then enjoy the long line of doom on friday.  If you can't make it to the door registration on friday March 2, 2012, before 12 noon you will not beable to sign up for any tournament games during this years event.

Make sure you tune in to all 3 streams that weekend:

Team Spooky -  http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky
FunkyP-  http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp
and MK9 stream- - TO be announced once they give me the url.

I hope to see everyone that can make it out will make it out to the 15TH ANNINVERSARY of The Fighting Game Community Southern Tradition called "FINAL ROUND"!  THERE'S ONLY 11 DAYS 9 HOURS AND 38 MINUTES UNTIL FRXV!  This will be the biggest FR ever!

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #299 on: February 20, 2012, 03:39:40 PM »
If anyone has two spots in their room available, PM me, thanks.
-Anony on Sankaku